Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu Ray -$88.89 + $1.99 Shipping

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu Ray -$88.89 + $1.99 Shipping

Old 07-24-14, 12:16 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 5,602
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu Ray -$88.89 + $1.99 Shipping

Great deal from familyvideo.com. Mine has already shipped. $30 cheaper than Amazon:

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/p...ucts_id=436377
Old 07-24-14, 12:24 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
Pointyskull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Formerly known as "12thmonkey"/Frankfort, IL
Posts: 7,713
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Re: Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu Ray -$88.89 + $1.99 Shipping

Thanks for the link - ordered!
Old 07-24-14, 12:54 PM
  #3  
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: fort myers,fl.
Posts: 220
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu Ray -$88.89 + $1.99 Shipping

Originally Posted by Pointyskull View Post
Thanks for the link - ordered!
DITTO...Thanks OP!
Old 07-24-14, 01:52 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,080
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu Ray -$88.89 + $1.99 Shipping

Only 1 penny cheaper than the original Amazon price though.
Old 07-24-14, 04:22 PM
  #5  
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu Ray -$88.89 + $1.99 Shipping

Thank You for that info, cancelled my Amazon order.
Old 07-24-14, 04:28 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Shannon Nutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,854
Received 167 Likes on 134 Posts
Re: Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu Ray -$88.89 + $1.99 Shipping

Originally Posted by Guru Askew View Post
Only 1 penny cheaper than the original Amazon price though.
Yeah, I ordered at $90.99 on Amazon...so I'm good. Although if you're late to ordering, this is a good deal...although one wonders how long after release day this will show up.
Old 07-24-14, 04:29 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
Pointyskull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Formerly known as "12thmonkey"/Frankfort, IL
Posts: 7,713
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Re: Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu Ray -$88.89 + $1.99 Shipping

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
Yeah, I ordered at $90.99 on Amazon...so I'm good. Although if you're late to ordering, this is a good deal...although one wonders how long after release day this will show up.
I'm not that concerned about how soon after release date, so the savings vs street date is a non-issue for me....
Old 07-24-14, 04:49 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Hero
 
PhantomStranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 25,421
Received 449 Likes on 386 Posts
Re: Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu Ray -$88.89 + $1.99 Shipping

Amazon delivered terrible financial numbers for Quarter 2. Hopefully they realize pricing everything so high is catching up with them.
Old 07-24-14, 05:53 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
 
GatorDeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The "Real" Vice City
Posts: 16,792
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Re: Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu Ray -$88.89 + $1.99 Shipping

77.52 Subtotal
1.99 Shipping & Handling
79.51 Total


Through blowitoutahere with their 15% off coupons which they have fairly often if you can wait 1-2 months. Just received notice today that it shipped!
Old 07-24-14, 08:34 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
gryffinmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ancient City
Posts: 6,550
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu Ray -$88.89 + $1.99 Shipping

Coupon SHIPFREE is working. It's only $2 off, but it's something!
Old 07-24-14, 09:05 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
leahcim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Buckeye State
Posts: 675
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu Ray -$88.89 + $1.99 Shipping

Seems like a lot for 2 seasons, no?
Old 07-24-14, 09:24 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 679
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu Ray -$88.89 + $1.99 Shipping

Waiting until it gets ~$50.
Old 07-24-14, 09:55 PM
  #13  
Premium Member
 
E Unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: In my Breakfast Nook looking at Why So Blu
Posts: 17,364
Received 626 Likes on 479 Posts
Re: Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu Ray -$88.89 + $1.99 Shipping

And Family Video for the win. Thanks OP, just ordered.
Old 07-25-14, 01:20 AM
  #14  
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Lost Hill Cemetary
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu Ray -$88.89 + $1.99 Shipping

Originally Posted by leahcim View Post
Seems like a lot for 2 seasons, no?
It's SO much more than just two seasons. It also includes the prequel/sequel movie Fire Walk With Me as well as the LEGENDARY HOUR AND A HALF cut footage from the movie. I have literally been waiting for that footage for over twenty years ever since I read about it in magazines WAY back in the day.

There's also a metric ton of special features and behind the scenes stuff that just sounds like the ultimate love letter to fans worldwide. I haven't been this excited for a Blu-ray since... actually, I've NEVER been this excited for a Blu-Ray release.
Old 07-26-14, 03:52 PM
  #15  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Springfield, MO USA
Posts: 108
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu Ray -$88.89 + $1.99 Shipping

crap. "This product is currently unavailable to ship"
Old 07-26-14, 10:58 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Legend
 
GatorDeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The "Real" Vice City
Posts: 16,792
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Re: Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu Ray -$88.89 + $1.99 Shipping

Got mine today from blowitoutahere.
Old 07-27-14, 12:44 AM
  #17  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 1,781
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Re: Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu Ray -$88.89 + $1.99 Shipping

Mine is coming in Monday from blowitoutahere. Wooooooo
Old 07-27-14, 12:56 AM
  #18  
DVD Talk Legend
 
GatorDeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The "Real" Vice City
Posts: 16,792
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Re: Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu Ray -$88.89 + $1.99 Shipping

Never seen this so I hear I'm in for a treat, I can get the whole story Herzog on Monday! I'm so excited about the Herzog one, this one not so much But everyone seems to love it!
Old 07-27-14, 12:56 AM
  #19  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 53,737
Received 150 Likes on 110 Posts
Re: Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu Ray -$88.89 + $1.99 Shipping

Originally Posted by CountVanGhoul View Post
It's SO much more than just two seasons. It also includes the prequel/sequel movie Fire Walk With Me as well as the LEGENDARY HOUR AND A HALF cut footage from the movie. I have literally been waiting for that footage for over twenty years ever since I read about it in magazines WAY back in the day.

There's also a metric ton of special features and behind the scenes stuff that just sounds like the ultimate love letter to fans worldwide. I haven't been this excited for a Blu-ray since... actually, I've NEVER been this excited for a Blu-Ray release.
Would have been nice to have somebody add the footage back in to the movie. Is the footage in HD and cleaned up, or is it the typical sub-DVD quality where it was thrown on a disc.
Old 07-27-14, 08:37 AM
  #20  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
RaMMaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Underfoot...
Posts: 4,260
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu Ray -$88.89 + $1.99 Shipping

i got shipping confirmation on my WowHD order ($81.59). Hopefully it arrives before my vakay ends in 3 weeks so i can immerse myself in the wonderful Lynchian weirdness.
(note to self: get some cherry pie...)
Old 07-27-14, 11:27 AM
  #21  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 21,325
Received 159 Likes on 123 Posts
Re: Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu Ray -$88.89 + $1.99 Shipping

Originally Posted by RaMMaR View Post
i got shipping confirmation on my WowHD order ($81.59). Hopefully it arrives before my vakay ends in 3 weeks so i can immerse myself in the wonderful Lynchian weirdness.
(note to self: get some cherry pie...)
Are you a teacher? I'm looking to get this around the 50 dollar mark.
Old 07-27-14, 06:02 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
RaMMaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Underfoot...
Posts: 4,260
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu Ray -$88.89 + $1.99 Shipping

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
Are you a teacher? I'm looking to get this around the 50 dollar mark.
Oh god no. Kids are screwed up enough as it is.

Last edited by RaMMaR; 07-27-14 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-27-14, 07:56 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 1,781
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Re: Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu Ray -$88.89 + $1.99 Shipping

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Would have been nice to have somebody add the footage back in to the movie. Is the footage in HD and cleaned up, or is it the typical sub-DVD quality where it was thrown on a disc.
Just like the deleted scenes on the "Blue Velvet" Blu Ray, the extra footage is from the original negatives, cleaned up in HD, and the transfer was personally supervised by David Lynch.

It could of been added to make it an extended cut but Lynch wanted them presented separately from FWWM.
Old 07-28-14, 09:36 AM
  #24  
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 21,580
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu Ray -$88.89 + $1.99 Shipping

Originally Posted by Ringmaster View Post
Just like the deleted scenes on the "Blue Velvet" Blu Ray, the extra footage is from the original negatives, cleaned up in HD, and the transfer was personally supervised by David Lynch.

It could of been added to make it an extended cut but Lynch wanted them presented separately from FWWM.
Nice to have the scenes as a bonus, but I'd prefer to have it offered as an option to watch seamlessly integrated into the narrative. Mind you, I still think the original should be presented separately as aired, but I don't care too much for deleted scenes viewed out of context. They're nice, but a separate extended cut is nicer.
Old 07-28-14, 04:37 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Shannon Nutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,854
Received 167 Likes on 134 Posts
Re: Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu Ray -$88.89 + $1.99 Shipping

Originally Posted by creekdipper View Post
Nice to have the scenes as a bonus, but I'd prefer to have it offered as an option to watch seamlessly integrated into the narrative. Mind you, I still think the original should be presented separately as aired, but I don't care too much for deleted scenes viewed out of context. They're nice, but a separate extended cut is nicer.
Lynch has always shied away from extended/different cuts of his films. Even with Dune, he never wanted anything to do with a longer/different cut (which is why he took his name off the extended version), even though he never got final cut on the original theatrical version. I'm sure we'll see some 'fan-made' cuts before the end of the year.

Aside from all that, I don't know why you'd want a new cut of FWWM - it's pretty awesome as it is (although many would disagree) - inserting that footage might take away from its appeal. Lynch has suggested the restored 90 minutes is stuff that happened elsewhere while what you see in the movie was taking place.

Last edited by Shannon Nutt; 07-28-14 at 04:43 PM.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.