Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Target deals

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-19, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target deals

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Yeah, the biggest reason why media hasn't been selling...is because Target / Best Buy employees aren't putting out their shit on the floor. Kid you not, I've had several experiences at both locations, where I had to request they check in the back since it was a popular item and there's no way they sold all of their inventory.

Another reason why I think media sales stats are so disappointing, too. It's because nobody wants to put the stock on the floor and they'd rather hang out at the register or hide somewhere.
Exactly. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to my Target or Best Buy looking for something that their site shows as "in stock" only for it not to be out. If it's an exclusive I'll reserve it for in-store pickup later that day or within the next few days, but otherwise I'll take my business elsewhere.

It's a never ending cycle. How do they expect to sell media when they are constantly downsizing their sections and never stocking their shelves?

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Target's media employees are seemingly more uninformed about the products they carry than just about any department I come across at either Walmart or Target.
This too. I notice empty spaces for new releases that will stay empty for days before they actually get filled.
Old 03-17-19, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

If it's a know issue at your store, why not reserve it before you get there and let them find it on the shelf or storeroom before your arrive or cancel your order before you make the trip.

There's so little margin on most media sales, the store probably makes a profit by not selling product by minimizing the employee time to stock the actual shelves and let them do other things -- it's one of the reasons Best Buy's Profit
sheet has improved drastically over the last 3-4 years as floor space has been reallocated to products that make them money. At least in the stores/regions that have historically poor Physical Media sales. A couple my local Best Buy have cut way back on shelf space, a couple seem to have as much as they did 4 years ago -- talking with the managers that is largely based on local buying patterns. Certain stores that have re-claimed space find there "per sq foot margins" improved up to 30 fold on before /after calculations of the product they put in the Old Movie space. When 4-5 Cell Phones or Tablets exceeds a 2 week net revenue of the entire Media Department, it's really hard to blame the store.

Target is back to using 3rd Party Stockers for most of their media so not only do Target employees not have responsibility to do it, they don't know how to find the 3rd Party's Items in their section of the storeroom.
It's so new, very few of the employees have been crossed trained to find/stock the product between ??Ingram (I'm guessing) Reps visits.
Old 03-21-19, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Yeah, the biggest reason why media hasn't been selling...is because Target / Best Buy employees aren't putting out their shit on the floor. Kid you not, I've had several experiences at both locations, where I had to request they check in the back since it was a popular item and there's no way they sold all of their inventory.

Another reason why I think media sales stats are so disappointing, too. It's because nobody wants to put the stock on the floor and they'd rather hang out at the register or hide somewhere.
That goes back YEARS at the Wa state BB's; even when they carried large amounts of stock many new releases would just sit in the back room.
Old 03-21-19, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
If it's a know issue at your store, why not reserve it before you get there and let them find it on the shelf or storeroom before your arrive or cancel your order before you make the trip.

There's so little margin on most media sales, the store probably makes a profit by not selling product by minimizing the employee time to stock the actual shelves and let them do other things -- it's one of the reasons Best Buy's Profit
sheet has improved drastically over the last 3-4 years as floor space has been reallocated to products that make them money. At least in the stores/regions that have historically poor Physical Media sales. A couple my local Best Buy have cut way back on shelf space, a couple seem to have as much as they did 4 years ago -- talking with the managers that is largely based on local buying patterns. Certain stores that have re-claimed space find there "per sq foot margins" improved up to 30 fold on before /after calculations of the product they put in the Old Movie space. When 4-5 Cell Phones or Tablets exceeds a 2 week net revenue of the entire Media Department, it's really hard to blame the store.

Target is back to using 3rd Party Stockers for most of their media so not only do Target employees not have responsibility to do it, they don't know how to find the 3rd Party's Items in their section of the storeroom.
It's so new, very few of the employees have been crossed trained to find/stock the product between ??Ingram (I'm guessing) Reps visits.
Sad when Walmart is the best place to find physical product...........
Old 04-29-19, 01:37 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wondering if Target will have Game of Thrones special edition this time?
Old 04-29-19, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Old post I know but I'm finding this to me more and more true with every Target I regularly shop at, especially with legacy titles.
Old 04-30-19, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

What I've noticed is that Target now mostly carries a couple of the week's biggest releases and back stock focused on family fare. Anything else, good luck. I'm just glad Target still carries CDs on some level.
Old 04-30-19, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ohyeahbabyblu
Wondering if Target will have Game of Thrones special edition this time?
Yep, I already preordered it

https://www.target.com/p/game-of-thr...l/-/A-54589406
Old 04-30-19, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Dragged Across Concrete is currently in Target Cartwheel for 15% off Blu-Ray
Old 04-30-19, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 95 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
What I've noticed is that Target now mostly carries a couple of the week's biggest releases and back stock focused on family fare.
and a boatload of Stranger Things.
Old 05-01-19, 06:06 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

When GOT S7 first came out and there was a big deal about its release, I went to Target on Release Day and they didn't have any out.....zip.....nada, it was as if Game of Thrones new BIG BLOCKBUSTER RELEASE didn't exist at Target. Asked an employee about it, he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about, but he did go into the warehouse to look. Came back with several of them in hs hands, I chose the one I wanted (someone else had also been looking for them and was picking through the ones I passed on as I walked away), suggested that since this was THE BIG RELEASE DAY, it might be a good idea to get these out, and walked away rolling my eyes and shaking my head.

Our Target has been consistently downsizing their video section as well, it's gotten to the point where it's pretty much a waste of time to go to Target shopping for videos anymore. Target emails are all about Home stuff...

Last edited by kd5; 05-01-19 at 06:13 AM.
Old 05-01-19, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

When corporate can’t get it right and doesn’t place any emphasis on it ... (see my Black Friday escapades with them continuing to sell product that they know doesn’t exist).

For a company that was ahead of the curve on the data-stalking trend, you’d think they would have a pretty good practice for home video. They obviously do some trend analysis, or they wouldn’t continue to have home video displays located in three different locations within the store.
Old 05-01-19, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Wouldn't that kind of mean that they do have data on media sales and it's not worth it to place emphasis on them (which is why they let a third party handle it)?
Old 05-19-19, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

20% off on movies (excluding brand new releases and pre-orders) with Cartwheel this week. There's an online selection as well.
Old 05-21-19, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
Wouldn't that kind of mean that they do have data on media sales and it's not worth it to place emphasis on them (which is why they let a third party handle it)?
Fair point, but they still devote some rather valuable real estate to it (register endcaps) in addition to the normal section and a “family bargain” section between housewares and toys.
Old 05-31-19, 09:50 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Ralph Breaks the Internet (4K UHD) - Target Exclusive
https://www.target.com/p/ralph-break...e/-/A-54266566

The Little Mermaid 30th Anniversary Signature Collection(4K UHD) - Target Exclusive
https://www.target.com/p/the-little-...e/-/A-54284494

The Lion King (4K UHD) - Target Exclusive
https://www.target.com/p/the-lion-ki...e/-/A-54150117

Mary Poppins Returns (4K UHD) - Target Exclusive
https://www.target.com/p/mary-poppin...e/-/A-54340610
Old 05-31-19, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 601 Likes on 434 Posts

Didn’t last long.
Old 06-04-19, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Back in stock (for now) at $16.49.

Ralph Breaks the Internet (4K UHD) - Target Exclusive
https://www.target.com/p/ralph-break...e/-/A-54266566
Old 07-07-19, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Save 20% on select movies

Save 20% on select movies. Discount applied at checkout. Not valid on previous orders. Offer excludes items sold & shipped by Target Plus™ Partners and clearance. Pricing, promotions and availability may vary by location and on Target.com. Offer expires 7/20/2019 at 11:59pm PT.
Both in store and online.
Old 07-07-19, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Unfortunately in store has became so sad as they've dropped to so few titles stocked in stores.
Old 07-07-19, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Outside of Barnes & Nobles recent 40% off sale which was amazing, there's some decent enough deals on SF and Warner Archive titles to be had. Not nearly as good as B&N, but better than anything else around that I can see - as long as you're a redcard member.
Old 07-08-19, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

You can get the Little Mermaid and Lion King UHDs for about $16 each if you sign in to Target Cartwheel, add this week's 20% off coupon for media, and then use in-store pickup when ordering from Target.com. Throw in the Red Card discount for a little more.

A hidden bonus is that if your local store doesn't have a copy on hand to fulfill the order, which is now happening more often as their media dept shrinks, Target.com will ship it.
Old 07-11-19, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I bought Lost Highway with the 20 % discount, 5% red card, and my wife's employee discount for 15 bucks shipped.
Old 07-12-19, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

I picked up Stranger Things S1 for $5. Got home to discover it has a full 5 minutes of unskippable promos when disc 1 loads (no method of skipping them works - none - I don't know about disc 2). One of those is a ~2 1/2 min promo for S2 which contains spoilers! It does not properly support "resume."
Old 07-12-19, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
I picked up Stranger Things S1 for $5. Got home to discover it has a full 5 minutes of unskippable promos when disc 1 loads (no method of skipping them works - none - I don't know about disc 2). One of those is a ~2 1/2 min promo for S2 which contains spoilers! It does not properly support "resume."
It's a well-known problem on the set. Get the UHD version for a version without the forced promos.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.