Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

Old 03-27-14, 09:21 PM
  #26  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
boc4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: The edge of insanity
Posts: 2,817
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

I got Limitless and Spinal tap for $12.99 shipped UPS. Works for me!
Old 03-27-14, 11:18 PM
  #27  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 3,378
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Re: Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks View Post

I would be very surprised if the John Wayne set was a blu ray even though that what it says in the link. Red River is going to be released by Criterion on blu ray. It would be unusual for Fox to have a competing blu ray released at the same time. On the other hand Amazon is showing a set with the same cover and films on DVD but it was released in 2012 and so would not be a preorder.
Old 03-27-14, 11:40 PM
  #28  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 679
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

My order:


Spellbound Blu-ray
Notorious Blu-ray
Rebecca Blu-ray
$20.99
Old 03-28-14, 12:42 AM
  #29  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,237
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts
Re: Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

Originally Posted by Classic Films View Post
I would be very surprised if the John Wayne set was a blu ray even though that what it says in the link. Red River is going to be released by Criterion on blu ray. It would be unusual for Fox to have a competing blu ray released at the same time. On the other hand Amazon is showing a set with the same cover and films on DVD but it was released in 2012 and so would not be a preorder.
Impossible that JW set is a BD set. It is mislabeled - I have the DVD set and that's exactly what it is. Perhaps its being released with another disc or a new UPC and hence a re-release. Its def not a BD set
Old 03-28-14, 12:47 AM
  #30  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,237
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts
Re: Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

Got the Robocop trilogy - expect it to be $9.99 by BF '14 but so what ?
Old 03-28-14, 01:11 AM
  #31  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,827
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
Re: Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

I caved in and made 2 orders:

The Towering Inferno $9.99
Stoker $12.99
The Taking of Pelham 123 (Original) $12.99

Total: $17.98

The Deep End $10.99
The King of Comedy $15.99

Total $13.49
Old 03-28-14, 02:27 AM
  #32  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,609
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

The code is still working for me. No intention of placing an order but I thought I'd just check. I recall last week the "Treasure Trove Thursday" 50% OFF code expired a bit soon, before midnight Central Time.

Yet THRIFTY was still successfully applied to in cart items.

I'm using Firefox.
Old 03-28-14, 02:34 AM
  #33  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 4,718
Received 125 Likes on 110 Posts
Re: Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
Impossible that JW set is a BD set. It is mislabeled - I have the DVD set and that's exactly what it is. Perhaps its being released with another disc or a new UPC and hence a re-release. Its def not a BD set
Bluray.com shows a 7-disc John Wayne Collection on Blu-ray coming out on the day they've indicated, so it would seem to be legit.
Old 03-28-14, 07:27 AM
  #34  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 8,085
Likes: 0
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts
Re: Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

Originally Posted by sade View Post
Getting "Coupon could not be applied for skus in cart"
After experimenting with different combos I discovered this message appears if:
1. Cart total before coupon exceeds $100
2. Everything in cart is ineligible for sale.

If cart is under $100 and you have a mix of eligible and ineligible, the coupon will apply successfully, giving the discount to the eligible items only. The others remain full price.
Old 03-28-14, 10:13 AM
  #35  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
WillieMLF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Not Every Man Really Lives
Posts: 1,059
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

Anyone receive the Anne Frank/Book Thief combo pack from the last sale? Someone posted on another forum that they called CS to inquire as to the delay of this order and was informed they ran out. All subsequent orders were cancelled. I didn't get an email, and I'm not seeing a refund. Just curious if ANYONE received this?
Old 03-28-14, 11:03 AM
  #36  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
That'sAllFolks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,720
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
Impossible that JW set is a BD set. It is mislabeled - I have the DVD set and that's exactly what it is. Perhaps its being released with another disc or a new UPC and hence a re-release. Its def not a BD set

Here is the DVD set:
http://www.foxconnect.com/john-wayne...idescreen.html
and the blu-ray set:
http://www.foxconnect.com/the-john-w...ollection.html

The consensus at blu-ray.com is that the Blu-ray set has the wrong desc and there are only 7 movies included. See walmart listing below (look at spine also to see listing of movies):
http://www.walmart.com/ip/35715653

I was going to pass, but I own Barbarian and the Geisha unopened so I thought I'd sell it to recoup half the cost. The rest would be blind buys.



Originally Posted by WillieMLF View Post
Anyone receive the Anne Frank/Book Thief combo pack from the last sale? Someone posted on another forum that they called CS to inquire as to the delay of this order and was informed they ran out. All subsequent orders were cancelled. I didn't get an email, and I'm not seeing a refund. Just curious if ANYONE received this?
no, I read that too. In fact I placed 2 orders for this (on 2 different accounts). One was standalone and was placed in the early hours of the sale because I was afraid it was a mistake. I then placed another order and included it as well -- the order shipped without the AF/BT combo, which isn't a good sign. Though my order history does not show cancelled for either of the orders. Fox has plenty of both BDs I'm sure, and they could fill them if they want -- just don't know if they will.
Old 03-28-14, 12:50 PM
  #37  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,237
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts
Re: Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

I stand corrected on that JW listing and comment I made. Marking it for a future 50% off sale - I still haven't opened the DVD set I got from B&N a couple of Christmases ago :-)...this double dipping has to stop
Old 03-28-14, 03:04 PM
  #38  
DVD Talk Legend
 
PhantomStranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 24,982
Received 375 Likes on 320 Posts
Re: Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

Originally Posted by WillieMLF View Post
Anyone receive the Anne Frank/Book Thief combo pack from the last sale? Someone posted on another forum that they called CS to inquire as to the delay of this order and was informed they ran out. All subsequent orders were cancelled. I didn't get an email, and I'm not seeing a refund. Just curious if ANYONE received this?
I foresee headaches dealing with their customer service over this item. I ordered it last week but alongside a bunch of distant pre-orders, so I didn't expect to see it soon. I also paid with Paypal. I've heard dealing with their customer service is a joke.
Old 03-28-14, 03:47 PM
  #39  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 472
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

Okay, just to give credit where it's due, they cancelled my order. I'm sure everyone was on pins and needles waiting to hear what happened.
Old 03-28-14, 06:40 PM
  #40  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,656
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
I still haven't opened the DVD set I got from B&N a couple of Christmases ago :-)...this double dipping has to stop
What about the triple and quadruple dipping?
Some of us have bought the same movies on VHS, then DVD, then the SE DVD upgrade, then the HD-DVD, then the BD, and some maybe even a SE BD. GAH!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-14, 06:44 PM
  #41  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,773
Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts
Re: Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
What about the triple and quadruple dipping?
Some of us have bought the same movies on VHS, then DVD, then the SE DVD upgrade, then the HD-DVD, then the BD, and some maybe even a SE BD. GAH!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm even worse when it comes to music:
LP
European Import LP
Japan Import LP
USA CD
USA CD Remaster
USA CD Remaster #2
Japan CD
CD Deluxe Edition
96/24 Hi rez flac or SACD

There are several albums I'm pushing 10 purchases of (I usually only keep 1 version; 2 at most)

Worst I've done with Vid would be 1 each on VHS->DVD->Blu
Old 03-28-14, 08:21 PM
  #42  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 543
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo View Post

Worst I've done with Vid would be 1 each on VHS->DVD->Blu
I can do a bit worse with video on a few items: Beta > VHS > DVD > Blu Ray.
Old 03-28-14, 08:26 PM
  #43  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,773
Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts
Re: Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

Originally Posted by drmar35mm View Post
I can do a bit worse with video on a few items: Beta > VHS > DVD > Blu Ray.
Actually I've bought Casablanca at least 4 times: in 2 DVD box sets, as a standalone blu, & in the 2 blu pack with African Queen. & I still have both DVD versions (the Casablanca box & one of the Bogart boxes) & the 2 blu set.
Old 03-28-14, 09:26 PM
  #44  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,237
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts
Re: Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

the studios must fucking love us :-) here's looking fwd to the next new re-release
Old 03-29-14, 12:25 AM
  #45  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central Washington
Posts: 29
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
Okay, just to give credit where it's due, they cancelled my order. I'm sure everyone was on pins and needles waiting to hear what happened.
Yesterday (Thursday) morning I called FoxConnect and was informed that the movies were not available and I wouldn't be getting them. Fourteen hours later I received an email shipping confirmation. Their communication between office and warehouse is lacking.
I hope all that ordered and were told the order were cancelled receive the items.
Old 03-29-14, 01:29 AM
  #46  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Cardsfan111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 17,935
Likes: 0
Received 146 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
I ordered it last week but alongside a bunch of distant pre-orders, so I didn't expect to see it soon. I also paid with Paypal.
Maybe this was answered elsewhere, but is it common practice with FoxConnect to hold off on shipping an entire order when a preorder is part of it? I placed an order on 3/20 and I'm not in a big hurry for it (still processing). Part of the order included the Guys Being Guys 3 pack which is scheduled to be released May 6. Another title I ordered is supposed to have movie money for Rio 2 so I would hope the whole order isn't held until May.
Old 03-29-14, 02:51 AM
  #47  
DVD Talk Legend
 
PhantomStranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 24,982
Received 375 Likes on 320 Posts
Re: Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 View Post
Maybe this was answered elsewhere, but is it common practice with FoxConnect to hold off on shipping an entire order when a preorder is part of it? I placed an order on 3/20 and I'm not in a big hurry for it (still processing). Part of the order included the Guys Being Guys 3 pack which is scheduled to be released May 6. Another title I ordered is supposed to have movie money for Rio 2 so I would hope the whole order isn't held until May.
Apparently this started in the last month. They are selling these BDs at rock-bottom prices and I imagine they figured out freely shipping multiple items was expensive. They now hold an entire order until the pre-orders are released.
Old 03-29-14, 02:56 AM
  #48  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Cardsfan111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 17,935
Likes: 0
Received 146 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
Apparently this started in the last month. They are selling these BDs at rock-bottom prices and I imagine they figured out freely shipping multiple items was expensive. They now hold an entire order until the pre-orders are released.
Bummer. Hope the film is still in theaters by the time I receive the one with movie cash. If I had considered this ahead of time, I would have broken the order up. Oh well.
Old 03-29-14, 03:32 AM
  #49  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 472
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

Originally Posted by metoo View Post
Yesterday (Thursday) morning I called FoxConnect and was informed that the movies were not available and I wouldn't be getting them. Fourteen hours later I received an email shipping confirmation. Their communication between office and warehouse is lacking.
I hope all that ordered and were told the order were cancelled receive the items.
In my case, I actually wanted the order cancelled. I wasn't too happy with the lack of information of which items were included with the code, but once I figured out that 3/4 of the items I wanted were not included, they didn't hold me to the order I mistakenly placed.

So, they're still on my good list.
Old 03-29-14, 09:37 AM
  #50  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
What about the triple and quadruple dipping?
Some of us have bought the same movies on VHS, then DVD, then the SE DVD upgrade, then the HD-DVD, then the BD, and some maybe even a SE BD. GAH!!!!!!!!!!!
You forgot laserdisc in there for some fools like me! I was too slow to get rid of my LDs or HD-DVDs when they were worth a little, and it seems a shame to toss them in the trash or give them away. I lump getting rid of them in with my "clean up the garage" project that never happens because either I'm too busy with work and other stuff or it's too hot or cold in the garage. So it was LD -> DVD -> HD-DVD -> BD for me. Fortunately I didn't buy too many VHS or HD-DVDs, but I cringe when I think how much I was paying on LDs or that when I started DVD I used to think $15 was a good deal. Now $5 for a DVD seems too expensive and I can barely pull the trigger for a $5 catalog BD. I've tried to avoid too many multi-dips, though I'm sure I have some movies on each format.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.