DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/619054-another-foxconnect-com-50%25-off-sale-3-27-a.html)

boc4ever 03-27-14 08:21 PM

Re: Another foxconnect.com 50% Off Sale for 3/27

I got Limitless and Spinal tap for $12.99 shipped UPS. Works for me!

Classic Films 03-27-14 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks (Post 12059488)

I would be very surprised if the John Wayne set was a blu ray even though that what it says in the link. Red River is going to be released by Criterion on blu ray. It would be unusual for Fox to have a competing blu ray released at the same time. On the other hand Amazon is showing a set with the same cover and films on DVD but it was released in 2012 and so would not be a preorder.

sandman007 03-27-14 10:40 PM

My order:

Spellbound Blu-ray
Notorious Blu-ray
Rebecca Blu-ray
$20.99

laidbacklarkin 03-27-14 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Classic Films (Post 12059713)
I would be very surprised if the John Wayne set was a blu ray even though that what it says in the link. Red River is going to be released by Criterion on blu ray. It would be unusual for Fox to have a competing blu ray released at the same time. On the other hand Amazon is showing a set with the same cover and films on DVD but it was released in 2012 and so would not be a preorder.

Impossible that JW set is a BD set. It is mislabeled - I have the DVD set and that's exactly what it is. Perhaps its being released with another disc or a new UPC and hence a re-release. Its def not a BD set

laidbacklarkin 03-27-14 11:47 PM

Got the Robocop trilogy - expect it to be $9.99 by BF '14 but so what ?

sleepyhead55 03-28-14 12:11 AM

I caved in and made 2 orders:

The Towering Inferno $9.99
Stoker $12.99
The Taking of Pelham 123 (Original) $12.99

Total: $17.98

The Deep End $10.99
The King of Comedy $15.99

Total $13.49

Xbox69 03-28-14 01:27 AM

The code is still working for me. No intention of placing an order but I thought I'd just check. I recall last week the "Treasure Trove Thursday" 50% OFF code expired a bit soon, before midnight Central Time.

Yet THRIFTY was still successfully applied to in cart items.

I'm using Firefox.

DWilson 03-28-14 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin (Post 12059770)
Impossible that JW set is a BD set. It is mislabeled - I have the DVD set and that's exactly what it is. Perhaps its being released with another disc or a new UPC and hence a re-release. Its def not a BD set

Bluray.com shows a 7-disc John Wayne Collection on Blu-ray coming out on the day they've indicated, so it would seem to be legit.

rw2516 03-28-14 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by sade (Post 12058540)
Getting "Coupon could not be applied for skus in cart"

After experimenting with different combos I discovered this message appears if:
1. Cart total before coupon exceeds $100
2. Everything in cart is ineligible for sale.

If cart is under $100 and you have a mix of eligible and ineligible, the coupon will apply successfully, giving the discount to the eligible items only. The others remain full price.

WillieMLF 03-28-14 09:13 AM

Anyone receive the Anne Frank/Book Thief combo pack from the last sale? Someone posted on another forum that they called CS to inquire as to the delay of this order and was informed they ran out. All subsequent orders were cancelled. I didn't get an email, and I'm not seeing a refund. Just curious if ANYONE received this?

That'sAllFolks 03-28-14 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin (Post 12059770)

Here is the DVD set:
http://www.foxconnect.com/john-wayne...idescreen.html
and the blu-ray set:
http://www.foxconnect.com/the-john-w...ollection.html

The consensus at blu-ray.com is that the Blu-ray set has the wrong desc and there are only 7 movies included. See walmart listing below (look at spine also to see listing of movies):
http://www.walmart.com/ip/35715653

I was going to pass, but I own Barbarian and the Geisha unopened so I thought I'd sell it to recoup half the cost. The rest would be blind buys.

Originally Posted by WillieMLF (Post 12059985)
Anyone receive the Anne Frank/Book Thief combo pack from the last sale? Someone posted on another forum that they called CS to inquire as to the delay of this order and was informed they ran out. All subsequent orders were cancelled. I didn't get an email, and I'm not seeing a refund. Just curious if ANYONE received this?

no, I read that too. In fact I placed 2 orders for this (on 2 different accounts). One was standalone and was placed in the early hours of the sale because I was afraid it was a mistake. I then placed another order and included it as well -- the order shipped without the AF/BT combo, which isn't a good sign. Though my order history does not show cancelled for either of the orders. Fox has plenty of both BDs I'm sure, and they could fill them if they want -- just don't know if they will.

laidbacklarkin 03-28-14 11:50 AM

I stand corrected on that JW listing and comment I made. Marking it for a future 50% off sale - I still haven't opened the DVD set I got from B&N a couple of Christmases ago :-)...this double dipping has to stop

PhantomStranger 03-28-14 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by WillieMLF (Post 12059985)

I foresee headaches dealing with their customer service over this item. I ordered it last week but alongside a bunch of distant pre-orders, so I didn't expect to see it soon. I also paid with Paypal. I've heard dealing with their customer service is a joke.

moklerman 03-28-14 02:47 PM

Okay, just to give credit where it's due, they cancelled my order. I'm sure everyone was on pins and needles waiting to hear what happened. :)

kenbenobi 03-28-14 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 12058393)
I still haven't opened the DVD set I got from B&N a couple of Christmases ago :-)...this double dipping has to stop

What about the triple and quadruple dipping? ;)
Some of us have bought the same movies on VHS, then DVD, then the SE DVD upgrade, then the HD-DVD, then the BD, and some maybe even a SE BD. GAH!!!!!!!!!!!

MooMooMooMoo 03-28-14 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 12060646)
Some of us have bought the same movies on VHS, then DVD, then the SE DVD upgrade, then the HD-DVD, then the BD, and some maybe even a SE BD. GAH!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm even worse when it comes to music:
LP
European Import LP
Japan Import LP
USA CD
USA CD Remaster
USA CD Remaster #2
Japan CD
CD Deluxe Edition
96/24 Hi rez flac or SACD

There are several albums I'm pushing 10 purchases of (I usually only keep 1 version; 2 at most)

Worst I've done with Vid would be 1 each on VHS->DVD->Blu

drmar35mm 03-28-14 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo (Post 12060654)

Worst I've done with Vid would be 1 each on VHS->DVD->Blu

I can do a bit worse with video on a few items: Beta > VHS > DVD > Blu Ray.

MooMooMooMoo 03-28-14 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by drmar35mm (Post 12060726)
I can do a bit worse with video on a few items: Beta > VHS > DVD > Blu Ray.

Actually I've bought Casablanca at least 4 times: in 2 DVD box sets, as a standalone blu, & in the 2 blu pack with African Queen. & I still have both DVD versions (the Casablanca box & one of the Bogart boxes) & the 2 blu set.

laidbacklarkin 03-28-14 08:26 PM

the studios must fucking love us :-) here's looking fwd to the next new re-release

metoo 03-28-14 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by moklerman (Post 12060440)
Okay, just to give credit where it's due, they cancelled my order. I'm sure everyone was on pins and needles waiting to hear what happened. :)

Yesterday (Thursday) morning I called FoxConnect and was informed that the movies were not available and I wouldn't be getting them. Fourteen hours later I received an email shipping confirmation. Their communication between office and warehouse is lacking.
I hope all that ordered and were told the order were cancelled receive the items.

Cardsfan111 03-29-14 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 12060385)
I ordered it last week but alongside a bunch of distant pre-orders, so I didn't expect to see it soon. I also paid with Paypal.

Maybe this was answered elsewhere, but is it common practice with FoxConnect to hold off on shipping an entire order when a preorder is part of it? I placed an order on 3/20 and I'm not in a big hurry for it (still processing). Part of the order included the Guys Being Guys 3 pack which is scheduled to be released May 6. Another title I ordered is supposed to have movie money for Rio 2 so I would hope the whole order isn't held until May.

PhantomStranger 03-29-14 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 (Post 12060993)
Maybe this was answered elsewhere, but is it common practice with FoxConnect to hold off on shipping an entire order when a preorder is part of it? I placed an order on 3/20 and I'm not in a big hurry for it (still processing). Part of the order included the Guys Being Guys 3 pack which is scheduled to be released May 6. Another title I ordered is supposed to have movie money for Rio 2 so I would hope the whole order isn't held until May.

Apparently this started in the last month. They are selling these BDs at rock-bottom prices and I imagine they figured out freely shipping multiple items was expensive. They now hold an entire order until the pre-orders are released.

Cardsfan111 03-29-14 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 12061025)
Apparently this started in the last month. They are selling these BDs at rock-bottom prices and I imagine they figured out freely shipping multiple items was expensive. They now hold an entire order until the pre-orders are released.

Bummer. Hope the film is still in theaters by the time I receive the one with movie cash. If I had considered this ahead of time, I would have broken the order up. Oh well.

moklerman 03-29-14 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by metoo (Post 12060953)
Yesterday (Thursday) morning I called FoxConnect and was informed that the movies were not available and I wouldn't be getting them. Fourteen hours later I received an email shipping confirmation. Their communication between office and warehouse is lacking.
I hope all that ordered and were told the order were cancelled receive the items.

In my case, I actually wanted the order cancelled. I wasn't too happy with the lack of information of which items were included with the code, but once I figured out that 3/4 of the items I wanted were not included, they didn't hold me to the order I mistakenly placed.

So, they're still on my good list.

Manzana 03-29-14 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 12060646)

You forgot laserdisc in there for some fools like me! I was too slow to get rid of my LDs or HD-DVDs when they were worth a little, and it seems a shame to toss them in the trash or give them away. I lump getting rid of them in with my "clean up the garage" project that never happens because either I'm too busy with work and other stuff or it's too hot or cold in the garage. So it was LD -> DVD -> HD-DVD -> BD for me. Fortunately I didn't buy too many VHS or HD-DVDs, but I cringe when I think how much I was paying on LDs or that when I started DVD I used to think $15 was a good deal. Now $5 for a DVD seems too expensive and I can barely pull the trigger for a $5 catalog BD. I've tried to avoid too many multi-dips, though I'm sure I have some movies on each format.