Frozen BD Deals ( free book for now )

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Frozen BD Deals ( free book for now )

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-14, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Frozen BD Deals ( free book for now )

I went to my TRUS and they were 'out' of BD but had some DVD left. I mentioned that I had pre-ordered it, she was able to pull on one out at the register. Normally they do not hold them. Had to get the manager to do the $10 pre-order. It came to $9.99 - but the way she did it - that is all they charged me - no sales tax - go figure.

Saving Mr Banks was a different story - first she said they could not do it. Then reluctantly took the $10 off for pre-order. After printing the receipt I noticed she took it off the regular price - and gave me the same excuse about coupon only works on regular price - After I gently explained - she reluctantly adjusted the price to take off the sale price. This time charged the sales tax.

Feel bad for holding up the line. Sometimes it seems such a hassle - but oh well !!. You would think with ALL the pre-order cards they have had - at least the manager would know. ( if corporate is telling them to do it, then why have the pre-order cards)
Old 03-19-14, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Went to TRU, but they didn't have any Pirate Fairy cards, so I walked away empty-handed. Worked out OK, since I got home and ordered it from the Disney Movie Club as an enrollment, paying less in the end.
Old 03-19-14, 09:38 AM
Sem

How long the sale price at TRU will last? My store was out of BD, so I plan to order it from their website, then return/rebuy with a pre-order.
Old 03-19-14, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Sem
How long the sale price at TRU will last? My store was out of BD, so I plan to order it from their website, then return/rebuy with a pre-order.
It will most likely go up to full price on Sunday.
Old 03-19-14, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

3.2m sold in a day, per Variety...
Old 03-20-14, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
It will most likely go up to full price on Sunday.
It looks like Target will have it on sale for 19.99 again next week.
Old 03-21-14, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What's the expiration date on the $3 coupon?
Old 03-27-14, 09:09 AM

If anyone is still interested TRUS still has price of $19.99 (that's the tag on the shelf)

One another note - this same TRUS was "sold out" of BD last Tuesday - I was able to get it since I pre-ordered it. They now have put them back on the shelf !!
Old 03-27-14, 02:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still no confirmation of a 3D BD coming state side yet?
Old 03-27-14, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by -BeeJay-
Still no confirmation of a 3D BD coming state side yet?
Nothing official, but one of my friends e-mailed Disney about the lack of a 3D release and he was sent a response that it would be coming in October. Take that with a grain of salt until something official is announced.
Old 03-28-14, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Wonder if they'll have an offer to get the 3D disc if you already purchased the 2D one like they (sort of) did with Oz The Great and Powerful.
Old 03-29-14, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
Nothing official, but one of my friends e-mailed Disney about the lack of a 3D release and he was sent a response that it would be coming in October. Take that with a grain of salt until something official is announced.
The possible October 3D release has been mentioned elsewhere on the Internet as well. One site in particular (a news/rumor site) which I think is considered credible had this posted at least a couple weeks ago. Since a 3D version was made for the US, it seems to be a question of when rather than if they'll release the 3D in the US.
Originally Posted by The Valeyard
Wonder if they'll have an offer to get the 3D disc if you already purchased the 2D one like they (sort of) did with Oz The Great and Powerful.
As nice as that would be, I doubt it. Oz was a trial run to see if they could get away with selling the 2D and 3D (both released on the same day) separately for full price and there was a backlash. This time Disney purposefully cancelled the planned US 3D release in hopes of making US consumers double dip when they later release the 3D version... all in the name of greed. Therefore, if Disney then gave us a great 3D upgrade deal like they did for Oz, that would defeat the purpose of them cancelling the US 3D release in hopes of getting people to pay $20 for the 2D and then $25-$27 for the 3D rather than just $25-$27 once. But we shall see. We can always hope.
Old 04-01-14, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana
This time Disney purposefully cancelled the planned US 3D release in hopes of making US consumers double dip when they later release the 3D version... all in the name of greed. Therefore, if Disney then gave us a great 3D upgrade deal like they did for Oz, that would defeat the purpose of them cancelling the US 3D release in hopes of getting people to pay $20 for the 2D and then $25-$27 for the 3D rather than just $25-$27 once. But we shall see. We can always hope.
It could have been a decision based more on thinking that the majority of people wouldn't WANT the 3D, so offering 'just' two versions (rather than the three or four they sometimes have) was a choice made to help rather than screw the consumer...

Of course, the consumer will find something to complain about anyway..! Legitimately here, I suppose, but even so..
Old 04-04-14, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
Absolutely, assuming you like classic-style Disney movies. It's cute and funny. Not dissimilar to Tangled -- if you liked that, you'll like this more. It's a better film.
I disagree. Tangled is the better film.
Old 04-04-14, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,502 Posts

Originally Posted by ntnon
It could have been a decision based more on thinking that the majority of people wouldn't WANT the 3D, so offering 'just' two versions (rather than the three or four they sometimes have) was a choice made to help rather than screw the consumer...

Of course, the consumer will find something to complain about anyway..! Legitimately here, I suppose, but even so..
Are you talking about Frozen or Oz here? I'm not familiar with Oz, but I don't see the Frozen decision as anything more than milking the fans since the movie did so well. I mean, otherwise why not just say in the open that a 3d version was coming out later (not to mention the availability of the 3d version on streaming and in other markets on day 1).
Old 04-04-14, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Class316
I disagree. Tangled is the better film.
Frozen has pretty bland songwriting and its story is little more than paint-by-numbers wish fulfillment for 8-year-old girls. They really could have done more with the story in Frozen. I would have rather seen Elsa's story than her sister's quest to find a boyfriend.
Originally Posted by fujishig
Are you talking about Frozen or Oz here? I'm not familiar with Oz, but I don't see the Frozen decision as anything more than milking the fans since the movie did so well. I mean, otherwise why not just say in the open that a 3d version was coming out later (not to mention the availability of the 3d version on streaming and in other markets on day 1).
It was a crass move by Disney to force the diehard fans into double-dipping when the loaded 3-D edition comes out.
Old 04-07-14, 06:26 PM

I'm charitable enough to at least consider that the sequence went something like this: 1) decision in Nov/Dec made to prepare for DVD/blu/blu 3D releases in March, with mini-documentary, fake musicmentary and videoes, 2) phenomenal success causes the bonus feature higher ups to rush-commission more extras to make it more of a special release... but they weren't going to be ready in time, so, 3) blu 3D put on hold so consumers wouldn't feel duped by an actual double-dip, as the October release will be offering a different version...

I agree that it would have been nice to say that upfront, but there's also the plausible thought that their 3D releases have not been selling in enough numbers to be viable or that they were/OR ARE either not going to release it in 3D or wait a year or two (c.f. the revised 3D releases of TLK or B&B)...

It probably is a case of maximising profit, but it might not be. And given the general lack of "normal" interest in 3D, I think it's only collectors who are really annoyed... many of whom may well be intending to buy both anyway.

Frankly, I'm more confused/bothered/annoyed by the missing documentary.
Old 04-07-14, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,502 Posts

Well the lack of a documentary was another thing. That and the impending deluxe release made what should have been a fun little bit into a slap in the face.

But why would they be so nice to their US audience (let's not release all the features, because then people will feel screwed when we release extras) and not to the other markets, where they released 3D at the same time?
Old 04-07-14, 08:02 PM

Well the lack of a documentary was another thing. That and the impending deluxe release made what should have been a fun little bit into a slap in the face.

But why would they be so nice to their US audience (let's not release all the features, because then people will feel screwed when we release extras) and not to the other markets, where they released 3D at the same time?
Different territories, different editorial decisions? Why did the UK get a steelbook and the US (Target) the bonus bonus scene..? Different plans, different bids, different decisions.

I agree about the musical skit, though. It was clearly (to me) designed as a lead in not a standalone piece, so it wound up being ill-judged...
Old 04-08-14, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Nobody has said anything about more special features coming, only that a 3D release is coming. I'm not saying that it's impossible that there will be more features, but I certainly wouldn't guarantee it either.