Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Frozen BD Deals ( free book for now )

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-14, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Frozen BD Deals ( free book for now )

Originally Posted by dfmaverick2
It seemed as though my Target must have received a bad batch since all the slipcovers with the Target exclusive were coming apart at the seam (glue issue). I grabbed a regular release and swapped the slipcover out.
I noticed a number of those as well at my Target. Seems like it might be a common issue.
Old 03-18-14, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I picked up the last blu-ray copy at TRU. $11 after the pirate fairy preorder bonus is good enough to hold me over until the 3D release. They had to manually override the system to get the $10 off though.
Old 03-18-14, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

The Target cashier that I checked out from pointed to a stack of over a dozen plastic security cases. Definitely a hot seller.

I grabbed a blue with the exclusive off the free standing Frozen display. I'd say there were a few of the exclusive in each of the cubby holes. After that, they were all standard releases.
Ours looked like it had close to 250 in the "proper" display, and then just the non-bonus version in three other places.

Also, somewhere between Disney, Target and popularity there was an amusing problem: save $5 off a Frozen $20 toy it said... and the only toy they had in stock was $16.99! I expected a massive restock for today, but.. nothing.
Old 03-18-14, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Yeah, Frozen toys have been "hot" for a while now. I occasionally see a few things at Target, but rarely, and almost never any Elsa stuff. Even the Disney store is usually out of stuff.

Between the other exclusives and the 3d version coming out eventually, I almost regretted preordering at Amazon... until my Blu-ray came a day early; it doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things but my daughter was very happy.
Old 03-18-14, 12:35 PM

I picked it up at Target this morning but am waiting to hear if the Target bonus features are worth the extra cost of getting it for potentially $11 at TRU. Any thoughts of those here who've bought and have watched the Target bonus DVD?
Old 03-18-14, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Some genius at the local Target decided to place every single exclusive in a coffin, smashing up most of the slipcovers in the process.
Old 03-18-14, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by ppawuk
I picked it up at Target this morning but am waiting to hear if the Target bonus features are worth the extra cost of getting it for potentially $11 at TRU. Any thoughts of those here who've bought and have watched the Target bonus DVD?
TRU is going to sell out of the blu-rays pretty fast as most of their stock is being held for preorders from their last preorder promo.
Old 03-18-14, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by hariseldon
In the past when I picked up something I had Preordered I was able to do the deal with the new Preorder.

Present your Card with Receipt --
Frozen will be 19.99 - $1 Deposit you already paid - $10 Pirate Fairy Preorder card +$1 PF Deposit. Some store let you pick up your preorder in the Video Department, other hold those items set aside at Customer Service, and unfortunately plenty of times the store forgets to set aside those items already preordered and it really ugly when there aren't any on the shelf.

I went by closest TRU today. The guy I preordered for JB was working this afternoon and he checked in the back and said they had lots of Frozen BD, only 4 or 5 Mr Banks, and zero JB2. He also said the pre-sells had been set aside already -- fingers crossed.
This is how it's supposed to work, but it won't reduce the 19.99 price without a manager override, same as the Jungle Book deal last time.
Old 03-18-14, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Some genius at the local Target decided to place every single exclusive in a coffin, smashing up most of the slipcovers in the process.
I blame the thieves!
Old 03-18-14, 01:17 PM

If you want the BestBuy book - run. It looks like it's pretty much sold out everywhere already.

Drat.
Old 03-18-14, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
This is how it's supposed to work, but it won't reduce the 19.99 price without a manager override, same as the Jungle Book deal last time.
I picked it up today at TRU. When I first brought it up to the counter with the Pirate Fairy pre-order card, she told me it wouldn't work with Frozen because it was on sale. I told her that it didn't say anything about excluding sale items on the card, and she didn't even look at the card but went ahead and discounted it without blinking an eye.

So it's like they're being told to tell people it won't work but not put up much of a fight if they say otherwise.

10.59 out the door (also had the $1 off from the pre-order I did with Jungle Book).
Old 03-18-14, 01:40 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Tried to get the Disney Infinity combo pack at Walmart, no dice. I'm sure they sold out very quickly this morning.
Old 03-18-14, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by ntnon
If you want the BestBuy book - run. It looks like it's pretty much sold out everywhere already.

Drat.
I wonder how many they had in store? Did anyone figure out what exactly the book was?
Old 03-18-14, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Krayzie
I wonder how many they had in store? Did anyone figure out what exactly the book was?
I saw 50-100, and they were gone in less than 3 hours.

It's a journal with bonus bits, I understand. A door hanger, a recipe, probably some other things. Sounds good, and clearly popular.

I see eBay is awash with $40 re-sales...
Old 03-18-14, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by ppawuk
Hmmm... depends on interest, really. Here's some information to assist - if you can even still find one:
  • The Voices of Frozen (c. 9m24s) is a brief run through the actors and characters, with behind the scenes footage (looking mostly similar to the YouTube clips), talking heads, and illuatrative clips.
  • Art Gallery - 130 images. Nothing obvious that isn't in the Art Book, and no text, but 130 pictures isn't shabby and there are some interesting preliminary sketches, etc.
  • Deleted Scene "Halt, you swine" - haven't watched it yet, but it's 30s of director intro, then 1m06ish of rough, pre-animated scene.

Less than I'd hope; more than I expected.
Old 03-18-14, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
I picked it up today at TRU. When I first brought it up to the counter with the Pirate Fairy pre-order card, she told me it wouldn't work with Frozen because it was on sale. I told her that it didn't say anything about excluding sale items on the card, and she didn't even look at the card but went ahead and discounted it without blinking an eye.

So it's like they're being told to tell people it won't work but not put up much of a fight if they say otherwise.

10.59 out the door (also had the $1 off from the pre-order I did with Jungle Book).
I was told the same thing today at TRU. I went in to pick up Saving Mr. Banks for myself and Frozen for a family member.

I had to fight the cashier to get her to honor the $10 pre-order deal on Saving Mr. Banks as the pre-order offer did not come off automatically. After asking the manager she reluctantly gave me the $10 off and then tried to hassle me over the $5 off coupon I had from DMR claiming I could not combine promotions(same excuse I got on the $10 off deal also). She brought up how she has been working there for 14 years and knows how the pre-order deal works. I had to relay to her she was wrong as the pre-order says nothing about being regular price and it has came off new releases in the past.

On to Frozen. I had a pre-order for it from the Jungle Book release. She said the pre-order deal would not work on it since I was picking it up(manager agreed with her this time). I said fine, I'll just buy the one that was held for me at the shelf price without using the pre-order receipt. Again, she claimed the pre-order deal would not work but she would "try it" by scanning the pre-order card. Luckily enough the $10 came off automatically this time. She changed her tune some after that saying she did not know why it worked for one but not the other. She still looked at me funny when I gave her the $3 off coupon I had for Frozen.

After all this they insisted they cancel out my previous pre-order from the Jungle Book transaction. I'm glad the $10 automatically came off with Frozen, because if it had not my brother would be having to get the movie himself.
Old 03-18-14, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It seemed as though my Target must have received a bad batch since all the slipcovers with the Target exclusive were coming apart at the seam (glue issue). I grabbed a regular release and swapped the slipcover out.
Haha, I did the same thing. Used the $5 off coupon with no issues too.
Old 03-18-14, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,204 Likes on 2,068 Posts

^ I look forward to the inevitable "I bought the Target Exclusive edition but it didn't come with the bonus DVD" posts.
Old 03-18-14, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
^ I look forward to the inevitable "I bought the Target Exclusive edition but it didn't come with the bonus DVD" posts.
I did remove the sticker from the slipcase when I swapped so no one buying it would think there was a bonus dvd when there wasn't
Old 03-18-14, 05:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
I was told the same thing today at TRU. I went in to pick up Saving Mr. Banks for myself and Frozen for a family member.

I had to fight the cashier to get her to honor the $10 pre-order deal on Saving Mr. Banks as the pre-order offer did not come off automatically. After asking the manager she reluctantly gave me the $10 off and then tried to hassle me over the $5 off coupon I had from DMR claiming I could not combine promotions(same excuse I got on the $10 off deal also). She brought up how she has been working there for 14 years and knows how the pre-order deal works. I had to relay to her she was wrong as the pre-order says nothing about being regular price and it has came off new releases in the past.

On to Frozen. I had a pre-order for it from the Jungle Book release. She said the pre-order deal would not work on it since I was picking it up(manager agreed with her this time). I said fine, I'll just buy the one that was held for me at the shelf price without using the pre-order receipt. Again, she claimed the pre-order deal would not work but she would "try it" by scanning the pre-order card. Luckily enough the $10 came off automatically this time. She changed her tune some after that saying she did not know why it worked for one but not the other. She still looked at me funny when I gave her the $3 off coupon I had for Frozen.

After all this they insisted they cancel out my previous pre-order from the Jungle Book transaction. I'm glad the $10 automatically came off with Frozen, because if it had not my brother would be having to get the movie himself.
I'm not wanting to hijack this thread, so apologies up front. I was planning on going into TRU to only buy Saving Mr. Banks and use the DMR coupon. It sounds like I should preorder this Fairy movie for $1, get $10 off Banks and then an additional $5 off Banks (in this order), and then just forfeit the $1 deposit and not worry about the Fairy preorder. Would this yield maximum savings for Banks?
Old 03-18-14, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I did remove the sticker from the slipcase when I swapped so no one buying it would think there was a bonus dvd when there wasn't
Man, I'm surprised you guys didn't have Target security on you...
Old 03-18-14, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
Did they give you your dollar back?

BTW, I was also in Target today, and I also noticed all the slipcovers on the Target exclusive editions coming apart at the seems.
Old 03-18-14, 07:49 PM

Anyone heard anything about easter eggs hidden on the disc...? I'm hearing a rumour that there's a secret song..
Old 03-18-14, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Did they give you your dollar back?

BTW, I was also in Target today, and I also noticed all the slipcovers on the Target exclusive editions coming apart at the seems.
Yeah, they credited it back to my card. Took some work to get it to go through though. Cashier couldn't do it as the register kept telling her it could not be refunded. She called the manager over and he attempted to process it. It took about 10 minutes to get it to go through.

I insisted that I was not worried about getting the dollar back, but they must have wanted to take the pre-order out of their system. It wasn't worth the wait to get the money back, which I truly was not wanting back to begin with. But despite how the cashier that rang my movies up treated me, I did not want to be rude to these two as they were very polite and helpful.
Old 03-18-14, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by ntnon
Hmmm... depends on interest, really. Here's some information to assist - if you can even still find one:
  • The Voices of Frozen (c. 9m24s) is a brief run through the actors and characters, with behind the scenes footage (looking mostly similar to the YouTube clips), talking heads, and illuatrative clips.
  • Art Gallery - 130 images. Nothing obvious that isn't in the Art Book, and no text, but 130 pictures isn't shabby and there are some interesting preliminary sketches, etc.
  • Deleted Scene "Halt, you swine" - haven't watched it yet, but it's 30s of director intro, then 1m06ish of rough, pre-animated scene.

Less than I'd hope; more than I expected.
Thanks Ntnon! Seems worth it to me.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.