Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Man of Steel exclusives & best prices

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-13, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Man of Steel exclusives & best prices

actually whats being called a 2 disc set (the blu/dvd combo) is actually a 3 disc set w 2 BDs and 1 dvd
Old 11-12-13, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So I guess because of the misprint in the ad, they have the Limited Collector's Edition 3D for $24.96 in stores. My store only had 3 this morning, so grab one early. Good luck.

Old 11-12-13, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got one of the limited tins too. They ring up as $24.96. My store had 3 of them in a cart ready to be put on the shelf.
Old 11-12-13, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Think Costco had the 2D set there for $17.99 as preorder.
Old 11-12-13, 09:32 AM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

What store has the misprint, I'm not finding the reference to that? after posting this I think I may have found my answer on another site...WalMart
Old 11-12-13, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bcraig
What store has the misprint, I'm not finding the reference to that?
The ad shows that the steelbook is the 3D version. But in fact the steelbook is only the 2D version. So it looks like each store got a handful of the Limited Edition 3D versions priced at $24.96. Amazon is selling the same set for $44.99 right now.

The steelbook looked really nice too, but I couldn't justify paying the same price for it as the LE, especially since it was lacking the 3D version.
Old 11-12-13, 10:08 AM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Reminder if you are getting the Target exclusive edition only those disks that have a sticker saying Target exclusive are the exclusive edition. I saw only 3 of the Target exclusive at the store I went to and many copies of the regular edition.
Old 11-12-13, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Classic Films
Reminder if you are getting the Target exclusive edition only those disks that have a sticker saying Target exclusive are the exclusive edition. I saw only 3 of the Target exclusive at the store I went to and many copies of the regular edition.
My store had about 15-20 of these an opening. I was tempted, but went with the 3D version instead.
Old 11-12-13, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Classic Films
Isn't the digibook box dramatically larger? Are there digibooks without the exclusive content?
Old 11-12-13, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So is there not a Target DigiBook with the 3D? The pricing structures laid out for the various editions laid out a few posts above makes no mention of it being the DigiBook but including the 3D.

I know it wasn't advertised but I thought someone said they'll still sell it in store.
Old 11-12-13, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by My Other Self
So is there not a Target DigiBook with the 3D? The pricing structures laid out for the various editions laid out a few posts above makes no mention of it being the DigiBook but including the 3D.

I know it wasn't advertised but I thought someone said they'll still sell it in store.
Target 3D edition is not a Digi-book and does NOT have the Target bonus disc.

The DigiBook edition is HUGE! (another reason I did not get it)
Old 11-12-13, 12:28 PM

Walmart here in Chicago rings up the 3D for $29.96. CSR corrected it to the sale price in ad.

Just came from Target ($27.99) looks like Walmart corrected the 3D mistake and fixed the images online so I was able to PM WM plus a 10% Cartwheel and 5% Red card so about $21.34 before tax.

Lucky for the few that got the special edition box for $24.96 - none in Glen Ellyn this morning.

Plus Frys has emailed a coupon to their loyal email subscribers to get the Bd/DVD set for $14.99.

Thanks OP for the heads up and thanks to the Slickdeals Man Of Steel novelist - it came in handy!!
Old 11-12-13, 01:32 PM

Went to Wal-Mart this morning. After 15 minutes of searching in the back they brought me a 3D version, of course not a steel book. It had a different cover than what was in the ad. It had Superman looking into the distance. The slip cover said Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD +digital HD Ultraviolet/(I guess Vudu) symbol. Inside the cover said Blu-ray 3D. It was two discs, one said Blu-ray 3D, the other said Blu-ray special features. No sign of standard Blu-ray or DVD. There was a page with a digital copy code.

Who do I complain to, Warner Bros. or Wal-Mart?
Old 11-12-13, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^^Sounds like a packaging issue at the factory. Walmart has no control over that.

Contact WB. Or, you could return it at Walmart and explain to them the issue. Try another one. They should take it back.

I just picked up the Digibook and I think it's as thick as the Dark Knight Rises one from last year. Looks cool.
Old 11-12-13, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by TexasDVDer
Went to Wal-Mart this morning. After 15 minutes of searching in the back they brought me a 3D version, of course not a steel book. It had a different cover than what was in the ad. It had Superman looking into the distance. The slip cover said Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD +digital HD Ultraviolet/(I guess Vudu) symbol. Inside the cover said Blu-ray 3D. It was two discs, one said Blu-ray 3D, the other said Blu-ray special features. No sign of standard Blu-ray or DVD. There was a page with a digital copy code.

Who do I complain to, Warner Bros. or Wal-Mart?
Walmart!

Warner has nothing to do with Walmart screwing up their ads and/or not informing their employees about it.

EDIT: Sorry I misread your post. I would still bring it back to walmart and get another copy and open it right there with the csr.

Last edited by DirkUSA; 11-12-13 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-12-13, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DirkUSA
Walmart!

Warner has nothing to do with Walmart screwing up their ads and/or not informing their employees about it.
Did you even read his post?

He has the 3D BD but it's missing the DVD and the standard 2D BD disc. That's on WB.
Old 11-12-13, 01:47 PM

He has the 3D BD but it's missing the DVD and the standard 2D BD disc. That's on WB.
Sorry I misread the original post. I would still bring it back to walmart and get another copy and open it right there with the csr.
Old 11-12-13, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

I was going to wait for the the $15-$20 price point for the 3D version but $25 for the limited gift set was too good of a deal.

Also they seem to have sent the last ones to Oklahoma, I got #49889/50000
Old 11-12-13, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I now understand what he is saying.

The slipcover shows "Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Ultraviolet", but the case only has "Blu-ray 3D" on the top of it, like when you buy a 3D only movie. This is what I purchased at Target.

The back clearly says it also has the 2D version, but I have not opened it yet to verify.

Spoiler:
Old 11-12-13, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by flix1
...but the case only has "Blu-ray 3D" on the top of it, like when you buy a 3D only movie.
I have quite a few 3D Blu-rays with this case and none are "3D only."

In fact, isn't Oz: The Great and Powerful the only BD released by the major studios that has a seperate SKU for a 3D only version?
Old 11-12-13, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have quite a few 3D Blu-rays with this case and none are "3D only."

In fact, isn't Oz: The Great and Powerful the only BD released by the major studios that has a seperate SKU for a 3D only version?
I too have quite a few in these cases that have both 2D/3D, but there are a few that are 3D only ... though this difference between the slipcover and the case could be a reason for confusion.
Old 11-12-13, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Brother bought me the 3d limited set from Wal-Mart. May pick up the Steelbook because I am an idiot and cant stop buying them.
Old 11-12-13, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mike86
So many versions to choose from damn , I think I'm just going with Target's Blu-ray digibook exclusive. I wish that Journey of Discovery feature was on the Target edition but oh well I guess.
It IS on the Target digibook. It's listed right there on the back cover.
Old 11-12-13, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Picked up the Limited Edition set today at Wal-Mart($24.96). There were only 3 on the shelf before I grabbed one.

Paid $16.64 after using the $10 giftcard I received due to last weeks Wal-Mart online fiasco.
Old 11-12-13, 05:47 PM

Just bought the Target digibook Bluray and it's incredible looking.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.