Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Man of Steel exclusives & best prices

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-13, 01:13 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man of Steel exclusives & best prices

I couldn't find any thread dedicated to the Man of Steel release so I was hoping anyone who had an idea of the best pricing or exclusives would pass the information.

Happy Hunting
Old 11-11-13, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts
Re: Man of Steel exclusives & best prices

Target will have an exclusive digibook which I believe also has an exclusive special feature for 19.99, or 17.99 with cartwheel discount
Old 11-11-13, 01:26 PM
Cool New Member

[QUOTE=joltman;11904702]Target will have an exclusive digibook which I believe also has an exclusive special feature for 19.99, or 17.99 with cartwheel discount[/QUOTE

Thanks for the heads up but what is the cartwheel discount?
Old 11-11-13, 01:32 PM
Premium Member

Received 694 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by m3life
Thanks for the heads up but what is the cartwheel discount?
Cartwheel is part of their phone app. It has different discounts you can select from and then it builds a scan code that you show when you check out.

The cartwheel coupon for Man of Steel is 10% off.

It does stack with the 5% off using their REDCard if you have one of those.
Old 11-11-13, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Check out this thread, the poster broke down every single exclusive and their pricing for MOS:

http://slickdeals.net/f/6409850-man-...clusives-deals
Old 11-11-13, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

This seems like a prime candidate for Black Friday.
Old 11-11-13, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
This seems like a prime candidate for Black Friday.
Doubtful IMO that this will be priced any less than $14.99 for the regular 2-disc BD release. It's way too new to be priced at a major loss. I can't see this being priced at $9.99 or less, that would be absurd.
Old 11-11-13, 03:03 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 907 Likes on 767 Posts

i'm getting the S glyph...fuck it!
Old 11-11-13, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I will probably pick up the 3D version at Target using their Cartwheel app. Glad I checked into this, since Target didn't list the 3D version in their weekly ad.
Old 11-11-13, 03:56 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by The Cow
Cartwheel is part of their phone app. It has different discounts you can select from and then it builds a scan code that you show when you check out.

The cartwheel coupon for Man of Steel is 10% off.

It does stack with the 5% off using their REDCard if you have one of those.
Pure Awesomeness!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is reason I started this thread, thanks for the info..Target is definitely my destination in the morning
Old 11-11-13, 04:44 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 907 Likes on 767 Posts

i think i may get this version too. but, i will see what the awesome "S" glyph thingie is all about...
Old 11-11-13, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy
i think i may get this version too. but, i will see what the awesome "S" glyph thingie is all about...
That "S" glyph thingy is metal case box set, comes with a display stand. Only down side is there is no booklet or anything included. Just discs.

It would look good on your shelf.
Old 11-11-13, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Doubtful IMO that this will be priced any less than $14.99 for the regular 2-disc BD release. It's way too new to be priced at a major loss. I can't see this being priced at $9.99 or less, that would be absurd.

$13.99 at Kmart on BF.
Old 11-11-13, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

/\ Yeah, I saw that. Debating whether to go for the basic DVD/BR combo and return/rebuy on BF, or if I should just drop the $17.09 for the Target digibook.
Old 11-11-13, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

I the big S coming in from Amazon but will probanky get the Target version too for the bomus content.
Old 11-11-13, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Quote reserved.

Old 11-11-13, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

But it doesn't come with the bonus disc anywhere else. I DESPISE these retailer exclusives on bonus content!

My conundrum is that I've got a RED card, but also a $200 GC from trading in an iPad. Can I use the RED card to get the 5% off then pay with the GC?
Old 11-11-13, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Someone on slickdeals wrote a novel on the subject:

Man of Steel DVD & Blu-Ray - best prices, rebates, special features and compilation list of ALL retailer exclusives & deals!
Man of Steel, the Warner Brothers movie that rebooted the Superman franchise yet again, was released in movie theaters on Jun 14th, 2013. It earned over $241 million domestically and over $662 million total, including foreign box office grosses since its release. This is the highest grossing movie in the Superman franchise overall when compared to all other Superman movies since the original Superman starring Christopher Reeve.

This is not the first time director Zack Snyder has tackled a movie based on comic books, as he directed “300” and “Watchmen” as well. This movie will also be the beginning of the proposed DC Comics cinematic universe, with a sequel to Man of Steel already announced in July 2013. You may have heard of it, it will be called “Superman vs. Batman” (or Batman vs. Superman, we don't know the exact title yet.) Much news was made when Ben Affleck was announced as the next Batman, coining a new term, “Batfleck” to describe the controversy this casting news caused. If this sequel goes well, this could also potentially lead into a Justice League movie sometime in the next few years.

Featuring eight nods to the DC Comics universe (like the Wayne Enterprises logo on a satellite) as little Easter Eggs and an ending some people considered controversial, this movie drops on DVD and Blu-Ray this Tuesday, Nov. 12th, 2013. There are a lot of retailer exclusives for this movie, so this New Release Thread will be a little larger than the last one I did for Iron Man 3. Here are all the details:

DVD/Blu-Ray Editions:

There are five editions:

1.) A Two Disc DVD Special Edition + UltraViolet Digital Copy
2.) A Two Disc DVD/Blu-ray + digital HD UltraViolet Digital Copy
3.) A Three Disc DVD/Blu-ray + digital HD UltraViolet Digital Copy + Bonus Disc (Target exclusive)
4.) A Three Disc DVD/Blu-ray/3D Blu-Ray + digital HD UltraViolet Digital Copy
5.) A Three Disc Collector's Edition DVD/Blu-ray/3D Blu-Ray + digital HD UltraViolet Digital Copy

Mail In Rebate:

I haven't seen a mail-in rebate for a DVD in a loooong time, at least four years ago or more. But there is one. Get a $5 mail-in rebate when you buy a Man of SteellBlu-ray Combo Pack and the Gillette Fusion ProGlide Man of Steel Shave Kit (includes razor and shave gel). This offer expires 12/31/2013. I looked but I could not find the rebate form online at all.

However, I did find this link and if you enlarge the picture in the link, you can see the rebate terms are printed right on the package. Link to the picture here: http://huntsvillefindnsave.al.com/of...-Kit/35342453/

DVD & Blu-Ray Special Features:

1.) The Two Disc DVD Special Edition + UltraViolet Digital Copy:
* Strong Characters, Legendary Roles - Explore the legendary characters of the Superman mythology and how they have evolved in this new iteration of the Superman story.

* All-Out Action - Go inside the intense training regimen that sculpted Henry Cavill into the Man of Steel and Michael Shannon and Antje Traue into his Kyptonian nemeses. Includes interviews with cast and crew.
*Krypton Decoded - Dylan Sprayberry (Clark Kent, age 13) gives the lowdown on all the amazing Krypton tech, weapons and spaceships featured inlMan of Steel.

2.)A Two Disc DVD/Blu-ray + digital HD UltraViolet Digital Copy

Includes alll the DVD Special Featureslplus:

*Journey of Discovery: CreatinglMan of Steell- This immersive feature-length experience allows you to watch the movie with director Zack Snyder and stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane and others as they share the incredible journey to re-imagine Superman.

*Planet Krypton - The world’s first exploration of Krypton and its lost society.

3.) A Three Disc DVD/Blu-ray + digital HD UltraViolet Digital Copy + Bonus Disc (Target exclusive)

All the features on the standard Blu-Ray/DVD edition plus the bonus features on another disc:
“X-Ray Vision” –30 minute in-depth look at the signature scenes from Man of Steel:
• Destruction of Kryptonl
• Clark Discovers The Fortress of Solitudel
• Battle on the streets of Smallvillel
• Jor-El Saves Lois & Supermanl
• Attack on Metropolis

There's more on this exclusive further down in the thread.

4.) A Three Disc DVD/Blu-ray/3D Blu-Ray + digital HD UltraViolet Digital Copy

The same features as listed for the Two Disc DVD/Blu-ray + digital HD UltraViolet Digital Copy edition, with a 3D Blu-Ray disc.

A Three Disc Collector's Edition DVD/Blu-ray/3D Blu-Ray + digital HD UltraViolet Digital Copy

The same features as listed for the above edition, but all of it is packaged into a limited edition metal “S” glyph case with an acrylic glass stand.

Best Prices:

I did a price comparison on both the internet and this week’s circulars with Amazon.com, Best Buy, Bestbuy.com, BarnesandNoble.com, Buy.com, Costco.com (no listings for some reason), DeepDiscount.com, Frys.com, FYE, FYE.com, Kmart.com/Sears.com, Overstock.com, Target, Target.com, Toys R Us, ToysRUs.com, Walmart.com and WBShop.com. Unless otherwise noted or known by me, the prices are the same in store and online at their respective websites. I noted shipping in the price rankings because of the competition between stores, but I will only be comparing base prices of the movie. Shipping costs will not factor into the price rankings as a result.

Please note that with these price rankings, these prices are as current as I am aware of. Walmart's in-store prices don't always match its website prices, for example. As a result, these prices are as accurate as I can verify from the internet and flyers from the newspaper, I don't put prices in the rankings that I cannot verify.

I fully expect there to be further price changes on Tuesday when the movie is released to stores. I’ll be updating this thread again on Tuesday and double-checking all the prices.

For example, in the past, Kmart.com/Sears.com will presumably sell all versions of a movie, but there are no listings for it online but only in Kmart's circular. So I can only rank the price at the store and not the price on the website. I also know from experience that FYE's B&M store prices are the same as those on their website, so I made one listing for both. In other words, these stores reserve the right to change their prices and I might not know about it. That's where the SD community can help each other out and if new or different prices are verified, I will edit my post accordingly.

A note about Walmart's prices, they have proven to be notoriously regional in the past but I saw the online circular and they rarely have a weekly circular available online. When it is available online, the circular prices in it are national or mostly national. Hopefully, the prices will be national, with little price variation.

I’m making a slight adjustment to my price rankings, as I will now only include the top six prices in this thread. Basically, if a retailers price stinks, it doesn't get to be a part of this compilation list. I will still do a full price comparison to all the stores I listed above, but only the best prices will be included here. So if you don’t see a particular store on the list, it means their price wasn't good enough to be included. It also means that if their price isn't included here, you should go to a retailer whose price WAS included on this list and try to get the other retailer to price match it, if possible.

Here are the conclusions:

**************************************************************************************************** ****
1.) The Two Disc DVD Special Edition + UltraViolet Digital Copy:

Here are the complete price rankings:
First, BEST Price: Toys R Us - $15.99 ($10.99 after $5 rebate)
2nd: Walmart - $16.96 ($11.96 after $5 rebate)
3rd: Amazon.com - $16.99 (free shipping over $35 or free with Prime) ($11.99 after $5 rebate)
3rd: Frys.com - $16.99 (free shipping) ($11.99 after $5 rebate)
3rd: Kmart - $16.99 ($11.99 after $5 rebate)
3rd: Target/Target.com - $16.99 (free shipping on orders over $50) ($11.99 after $5 rebate)
4th: Best Buy/BestBuy.com - $17.99 (free shipping on orders over $25) ($12.99 after $5 rebate)
4th: DeepDiscount.com - $17.99 (plus free shipping on orders over $25) ($12.99 after $5 rebate)
4th: FYE/FYE.com - $17.99 (with Backstage Pass discount) (free shipping on orders over $35)($12.99 after $5 rebate)
5th: Walmart.com - $18.99 (free shipping) ($13.99 after $5 rebate)
5th: WBShop.com - $18.99 (free shipping) ($13.99 after $5 rebate)

**************************************************************************************************** ****
2.) The Two Disc DVD/Blu-ray + digital HD UltraViolet Digital Copy

Complete price rankings:
First, BEST Price: Target - $17.99 (with Cartwheel 10% discount)($12.99 after $5 rebate)
2nd: Walmart - $19.96 (standard edition) ($14.96 after $5 rebate)
3rd: Amazon.com - $19.99 (free shipping over $35 or free with Prime) ($14.99 after $5 rebate) - - thanks for ryanmc1 for this info in post #22!
3rd: Frys.com - $19.99 (free shipping) ($14.99 after $5 rebate)
3rd: Kmart - $19.99 ($14.99 after $5 rebate)
3rd: Target/Target.com - $19.99 (free shipping on orders over $50 on website) (without Cartwheel 10% discount)($14.99 after $5 rebate) - thanks for mexxican for this info in post #25!
4th: Best Buy/BestBuy.com - $22.99 (free shipping on orders over $25) ($17.99 after $5 rebate)
4th: Overstock.com - $22.99 (free shipping on orders over $50) ($17.99 after $5 rebate)
4th: Toys R Us - $22.99 ($17.99 after $5 rebate)
5th: FYE/FYE.com - $24.29 (with Backstage Pass discount) (free shipping on orders over $35)($19.29 after $5 rebate)
6th: Walmart - $24.96 (Steelbook exclusive edition) ($19.96 after $5 rebate)
6th: Walmart.com - $24.96 (standard edition)(free shipping) ($19.96 after $5 rebate)

3.) The Three Disc DVD/Blu-ray/3D Blu-Ray + digital HD UltraViolet Digital Copy

Complete price rankings:
First, BEST Price: Walmart - $24.96 ($19.96 after $5 rebate)
2nd: Target - $25.19 (with Cartwheel 10% discount)($20.19 after $5 rebate) - thanks for mexxican for this info in post #25!
3rd: Amazon.com - $27.99 (free shipping over $35 or free with Prime) ($22.99 after $5 rebate)
3rd: Best Buy/BestBuy.com - $27.99 (free shipping on orders over $25) ($22.99 after $5 rebate)
3rd: Frys.com - $27.99 (free shipping) ($22.99 after $5 rebate)
3rd: Overstock.com - $27.99 (free shipping on orders over $50) ($22.99 after $5 rebate)
3rd: Target/Target.com - $27.99 (free shipping on orders over $50 on website)(without Cartwheel 10% discount)($22.99 after $5 rebate)
4th: FYE/FYE.com - $29.69 (with Backstage Pass discount) (free shipping on orders over $35) ($24.69 after $5 rebate)
5th: Walmart.com - $29.96 (free shipping) ($24.96 after $5 rebate)
6th: WBShop.com - $29.99 (free shipping) ($24.99 after $5 rebate)

A Three Disc Collector's Edition DVD/Blu-ray/3D Blu-Ray + digital HD UltraViolet Digital Copy

Complete price rankings:
First, BEST Price: DeepDiscount.com - $39.95 (free shipping) ($34.95 after $5 rebate)
2nd: Amazon.com - $39.96 (free shipping) ($34.96 after $5 rebate)
2nd: Walmart - $39.96 ($34.96 after $5 rebate)
3rd: Frys.com - $39.99 (free shipping) ($34.99 after $5 rebate)
4th: FYE/FYE.com - $40.49 (with Backstage Pass discount) (free shipping on orders over $35) ($35.49 after $5 rebate)
5th: Overstock.com - $41.24 (free shipping for orders over $50) ($36.24 after $5 rebate)

This Collector's Edition is available in most stores, but not all of them, for some reason.

Don't forget that you can price match any edition of this DVD or Blu-Ray to the store of your choice, if they have a price matching policy. There might also be some store-specific coupons or online coupon codes floating around that could help bring some of these prices down further. Given the price competition for this movie, there are some great price-matching opportunities, especially due to the aggressive price matching policies stores like Best Buy and Target have continued since the previous holiday season.

Exclusives & Deals:

There's a bunch of retailer exclusives this time around, six of them in all. Check them out:

Amazon.com:

Amazon has the exclusive Man of Steel Collectible Figurine Limited Edition Gift Set, described here:

“Based on the blockbuster event of the summer, Man of Steel, these 1:16 scale figurines from DC Collectibles are sculpted by Gentle Giant Studios and feature Superman and General Zod in iconic poses. Measuring approximately 4.5 inches tall, these hand-painted, PVC figurines are recommended for ages 14 and up.”

Currently priced at $49.99, with free shipping: http://www.amazon.com/Collectible-Fi...s=man+of+steel

Target/Target.com:

The Target exclusive edition is a digibook including two exclusives available nowhere else:

A.) Man of Steel: Inside the Legendary World of Supermanlbook
• Offers an intimate look at the reinvention of the world’s most iconic superhero through the eyes of acclaimed director Zack Snyder (300, Watchmen) and producer Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy). This unique companion book offers a rich selection of materials, from concept art and behind-the-scenes set photography to director commentary and interviews with key creative's, unlocking the secrets behind giving new life to an immortal hero.l This is an excerpt from the larger book of the same name published in June 2013.

B.) A bonus disc features over 30 minute of exclusive bonus features. The bonus features are called
“X-Ray Vision” – a 30 minute in-depth look at the signature scenes from Man of Steel:
• Destruction of Kryptonl
• Clark Discovers The Fortress of Solitudel
• Battle on the streets of Smallvillel
• Jor-El Saves Lois & Supermanl
• Attack on Metropolis

Priced at $19.99: http://www.target.com/p/man-of-steel...m=man+of+steel

Walmart/Walmart.com:

Walmart and Walmart.com have an exclusive Steelbook edition of this movie, plus a VUDU digital copy.

Priced at $24.96 in their store and $29.96 on their website: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Man-Of-Ste...creen/28417224

It should be noted that ALL of the editions of this movie sold at Walmart/Walmart.com, except for the Collectors Edition, all include a VUDU digital copy as well as an UltraViolet one.

Is it me or is it really cool for there to be a Man of Steel Steelbook?

WBShop.com:

WBShop.com has three exclusive versions of their movie:

A.) Man of Steel Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet Combo Pack and Stormy Sky Poster Bundle: This exclusive has the movie plus a heavyweight poster featuring Superman standing proudly against a stormy sky. The 10×15 inch poster is printed on a high quality glossy Kodak-branded paper stock, and is suitable for framing.

Priced at $35.99, with free shipping: http://www.wbshop.com/product/exclus...e=&from=Search

B.) Exclusive Man of Steel Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet Combo Pack and Steel Water Bottle Bundle: This exclusive has the movie plus a stainless steel water bottle featuring Superman in flight across the Metropolis skyline. This white stainless steel bottle holds 20 oz of your favorite drink and includes a screw on stopper top with clip. BPA free and recyclable. Hand wash only.

Priced at $37.99, with free shipping: http://www.wbshop.com/product/exclus...e=&from=Search

C.) Man of Steel Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet Combo Pack and Panoramic Theatrical Poster Bundle: This exclusive has the movie plus a stunning panoramic theatrical teaser poster which features Superman hovering in the clouds. Printed on high quality heavyweight glossy photographic paper, this 12×30 inch poster will look great in any room of your home and is suitable for framing.

Priced at $39.99, with free shipping: http://www.wbshop.com/product/exclus...e=&from=Search

I included as much pertinent information on this new release that I could find so everyone can make a more educated decision on whether to purchase this movie or not, as well as which edition they prefer.

For those of you who read these threads start to finish, there is plenty of detail for everyone. I've noticed that a lot of the questions people put in these threads could be answered if they read the OP carefully. I would heartily encourage you to do so, as it might answer the question(s) you have before you even have to ask.

And that is the end of this compilation, my third New Release Thread for the year 2013. A lot of retailer exclusives this time around, plus a mail-in rebate (!), making it more complicated than the last one.

Remember, if you’re going to bend down on one knee before taking off like a booming rocket into the sky, make sure you leave a crater behind on the ground when you do.

For more information on my New Release Threads for blockbuster DVD and Blu-Ray releases, please click here: hhttp://slickdeals.net/forums/sdsearch.php?mode=forum&searchuserid=410841&showposts=0&starteronly=1.
Old 11-11-13, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
But it doesn't come with the bonus disc anywhere else. I DESPISE these retailer exclusives on bonus content!

My conundrum is that I've got a RED card, but also a $200 GC from trading in an iPad. Can I use the RED card to get the 5% off then pay with the GC?
Have you never used a gc to pay for something before?

Why woildnt you be able to do this.
Old 11-11-13, 08:36 PM
Premium Member

Received 694 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony
Have you never used a gc to pay for something before?

Why woildnt you be able to do this.
The REDCard is a credit card, you have to use it to get the 5% discount.
Old 11-11-13, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Cow
The REDCard is a credit card, you have to use it to get the 5% discount.
I know this, also I am a idiot.
Old 11-11-13, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That would be AN idiot, if we're going to be grammatically correct.
Old 11-11-13, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
$13.99 at Kmart on BF.
What's Kmart? Most of them shut down in Southern California.

The only B&M retailers within 10 miles of me are Best Buy, Target and Walmart.
Old 11-11-13, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

So many versions to choose from damn , I think I'm just going with Target's Blu-ray digibook exclusive. I wish that Journey of Discovery feature was on the Target edition but oh well I guess.

Last edited by Mike86; 11-11-13 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-11-13, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

For anyone interested in the 2-D/BD/DVD version, K-Mart will have it on their Thanksgiving Day Ad for $13.99.

http://bfads.net/Thanksgiving/Kmart/Ad?page=5#viewer

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.