DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Toys R Us Black Friday Deals: Thanksgiving 5:00pm to Sat.closing (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/614942-toys-r-us-black-friday-deals-thanksgiving-5-00pm-sat-closing.html)

bacigalup 11-04-13 12:05 PM

Toys R Us Black Friday Deals: Thanksgiving 5:00pm to Sat.closing

Taken from bfads.net

Ad scans also include unlisted DVD deals:

$4.99
Twilight (Blu-ray)

http://bfads.net/Item/ToysRUs-Black-...-Bluray/148604

$6.99
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island Blu-ray Combo Pack

http://bfads.net/Item/ToysRUs-Black-...-Bluray/148632

$9.99
Burt Wonderstone Blu-Ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray)
Jack the Giant Slayer Blu-Ray Combo Pack
The Dark Knight Rises (Blu-Ray Combo Pack)

http://bfads.net/Item/ToysRUs-Black-...-Bluray/148636

$14.99
Disney Brave 3-Disc Blu-Ray Combo Pack
Monsters University Blu-Ray Combo Pack
Planes Blu-Ray Combo Pack (Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy)
Tangled (2-Disc Blu-Ray and DVD Set)
The Little Mermaid: Diamond Edition Combo Pack (DVD/Blu-Ray)

http://bfads.net/Item/ToysRUs-Black-...-Bluray/148636

kenbenobi 11-04-13 12:12 PM

Re: Toys R Us Black Friday Deals: Thanksgiving 5:00pm to Sat.closing

5pm opening? Wow... I feel sorry for the employees. Personally, these days aren't good enough to warrant fighting the HUGE lines that TRU gets. Lots of people waiting for the toys deals. I've made the mistake each of the past two years. I'm not making that mistake again. I won't be hitting TRU...

Rypro 525 11-04-13 01:09 PM

here's hoping Best Buy (where i go every year) has a similar disney sale

PhantomStranger 11-04-13 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 11895633)
5pm opening? Wow... I feel sorry for the employees. Personally, these days aren't good enough to warrant fighting the HUGE lines that TRU gets. Lots of people waiting for the toys deals. I've made the mistake each of the past two years. I'm not making that mistake again. I won't be hitting TRU...

The days of stores being closed for Thanksgiving are over. Christmas will soon be the same way.

darkdaze73 11-04-13 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 11895633)

I would not touch TRU with a 10 foot pole during BF sales. My wife and I went into one a few years ago in the middle of the day and the line to check out was still wrapped around the inside of the store.

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 11895808)
The days of stores being closed for Thanksgiving are over. Christmas will soon be the same way.

Yep. I read a story recently where JC Penney decided to join Macy's and other competitors with opening at 8pm on Thanksgiving Day. The story mentioned that they expect stores to open even earlier in the future.

Double_Oh_7 11-04-13 04:52 PM

I guess the lesson is never work in retail.

E_v_i_l 11-04-13 11:47 PM

I've never gone to TRU on BF. I like the $14.99 price for some of those Disneys but I definitely believe the folks who are saying the lines are insane. I don't want to have to deal with all the toy people just to get 3 or 4 blurays at okay prices.

Will likely pass on TRU.

Randy Miller III 11-05-13 10:27 AM

I still enjoy the occasional Black Friday early AM run, but I refuse to shop on Thanksgiving. It's completely unfair to retailer workers. :down:

Classic Films 11-05-13 03:35 PM

Black Friday has been on line only for me for many years. I have gotten some great deals and I have no complaints. Its become too crazy just to find parking let alone what is going on in the stores. Its a competition I have happily bowed out of.

Travis McClain 11-06-13 02:32 PM

I'm counting on Amazon price-matching like they've done the last few years. If so, I may snag Monsters University for my niece that way. If not, no biggie.

Obi-Wanma 11-06-13 03:04 PM

Monsters University could've been had for 13.99 + tax on release day at TRU (with Planes pre-order, that you don't necessarily have to ever pick up)

zyzzle 11-06-13 04:52 PM

Don't count on Amazon pricematching BF deals this year. With all their recent shenanagins, if the DO price match, it will probably take tax and / or shipping into account.

sotra 11-07-13 06:26 AM

Haven't printed my planes $7 off coupon yet, but if it was valid until BF that would be a good deal!

joltman 11-07-13 06:55 AM

I think Disney coupons are usually only good the week of release

Travis McClain 11-08-13 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by zyzzle (Post 11898932)
Don't count on Amazon pricematching BF deals this year. With all their recent shenanagins, if the DO price match, it will probably take tax and / or shipping into account.

I'd have to pay tax anyway so I don't understand why that's even an issue. I've got some Amazon credit so I'm planning to hit the $35 threshold for free shipping anyway - as long as the timing works out on what I may want. Otherwise, it may be worth a few bucks to get it on sale without having to go anywhere near Toys "R" Us - which is not a drive I enjoy making anyway, much less on Black Friday (or now, Black Friday Eve).

Michael Corvin 11-08-13 06:31 PM

I'll second the advice to avoid TRU at all costs. I went around 3pm a couple years ago just to grab one or two items figuring the loonies would be long gone but the line was wrapped around the store. What a nightmare. I put my items back and left.

Travis McClain 11-08-13 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 11902132)
I'll second the advice to avoid TRU at all costs. I went around 3pm a couple years ago just to grab one or two items figuring the loonies would be long gone but the line was wrapped around the store. What a nightmare. I put my items back and left.

Shazam! Knowing you're a Louisvillian, I gotta ask: which TRU was it?

SterlingBen 11-08-13 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Randy Miller III (Post 11896874)
I still enjoy the occasional Black Friday early AM run, but I refuse to shop on Thanksgiving. It's completely unfair to retailer workers. :down:

As someone who will be working this Thanksgiving I thank you sir.

Abob Teff 11-13-13 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by SterlingBen (Post 11902161)
As someone who will be working this Thanksgiving I thank you sir.

Sorry to hear it Ben. Add me to the list of those who won't set foot in a store on a holiday out of consideration for the employees. I refuse to even stop at a gas station.