Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

B&N 50% Criterion blu-ray sale November 5 through December 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-13, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: B&N 50% Criterion blu-ray sale November 5 through December 2

Originally Posted by Chad

BTW, I don't think I ever officially apologized to Laser for unintentionally using the 30% before it was intended to be used. I honestly just got a little overzealous, printed it and literally ran right out the door to pre-order the Zatoichi set. Of course it turned out to be nothing but a pointless endeavor and wasted gas money after I ended up reordering it at the above price once the 40% was issued. But definitely a huge thanks for all you do.
Apology accepted. It's ancient history now and long since forgotten. I was more worried a lot of people would run down to B&N stores and try to use the coupon early resulting in it getting pulled before its official start date.
Old 12-03-13, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Good month for me, I picked up the following titles:

Harakiri
The Devil's Backbone
Paths of Glory
House
The Samurai Trilogy

I was tempted to get the Zatoichi boxset but I had spent too much all ready, maybe in July...
Old 12-03-13, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up a few Criterions through this and Amazon:

Gate of Hell
The Spy Who Came in From the Cold
The Phantom Carriage
Quadrophenia
Samurai Trilogy
The Golden Age of Television
The Man Who Knew Too Much

I think that's it...? Wanted to get Zatoichi using 50% off deal and 40% off coupon and then 10% discount, as the Greenwood, IN B&N had *four* of them just sitting on the shelf. But my wife wouldn't let me. Which means I guess I'm getting it for Xmas.
Old 12-03-13, 08:07 PM

I 've been on here since June of 1999, and still just a "Member". That deserves some sort of special designation don't you think? I haven't even hit 100 posts yet. Maybe I should change my user name to "Boo Radley". Seriously, thanks to everyone on here who posts new and devious ways to save money on my addiction. Every time I find out about a deal, someone has already posted it. I've got to try harder...
Old 12-04-13, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by master69
Maybe I should change my user name to "Boo Radley"
No. Continue trying to master the 69 move, then come back for that name change...in fifteen more years.
Old 12-04-13, 09:03 AM

Teacher/Actor/Writer! and that was your comment? Brilliant!
Old 12-05-13, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by master69
Teacher/Actor/Writer! and that was your comment? Brilliant!
Sorry. Forgot to put a smilie at the end of my comment.

(I was just joshing you, Boo. I've been here about as long as you and I don't have all that many posts, either. And thanks for looking at my profile. )
Old 12-06-13, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Criterion sale just won't go away. Here are the details on the next one.

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...&promoid=11525

Buy One Criterion Collection DVD or Blu-ray, Get One Free Offer Details

This offer is in effect at BN.com from 12:01 a.m. EST December 10, 2013 to December 16, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. EST, and at Barnes & Noble stores from December 10, 2013 to December 16, 2013 at close of business, while supplies last.

Buy one (1) qualifying DVD or Blu-ray from our Buy One Criterion Collection DVD or Blu-ray, Get One Free promotion and get a second Criterion Collection, DVD or Blu-ray of equal or lesser value free! Simply look for the Buy One Criterion Collection DVD or Blu-ray product page icon or message or store product label on select DVDs and Blu-rays. Limit of ten (10) redemptions per customer.

At BN.com: Simply place 2 qualifying DVDs or Blu-rays in your BN.com Shopping Bag, and proceed to Checkout. Your credit for the least expensive qualifying DVD or Blu-ray will appear at Checkout. Shipping charges may apply.

At Barnes & Noble stores: This offer applies only to the selected DVD and Blu-ray titles with a "Buy One, Get One Free" store label. Buy two (2) or more qualifying DVDs or Blu-rays and you will get the least expensive qualifying DVD or Blu-ray free.

Additional Rules Governing this Offer: This offer is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards or eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past or pre-ordered purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of any other products other than Blu-ray or DVD discs bearing the Buy One Criterion Collection DVD or Blu-ray, Get One Free icon or message (iv) not valid on shipping or handling expenses, or applicable sales tax; (v) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, etc.); and (vi) not valid at Barnes & Noble College retail bookstores or websites. This offer may not be combined with any other coupon or promotion, or with the Educator Discount. Void where prohibited by law.

Returns or cancellations that affect the minimum number of items purchased may result in a charge for the item of lesser value originally received as free. You will be responsible to pay any such adjustments; we reserve the right to charge your credit, debit or Gift Card in the amount of such adjustments and will notify you via e-mail of such charge or debit. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 12-06-13, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What happened to the British television 50% off sale, I thought that was scheduled to run those same dates? Would they do both?
Old 12-07-13, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Buy One Criterion Collection DVD or Blu-ray, Get One Free
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Old 12-07-13, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Brooklyn
What happened to the British television 50% off sale, I thought that was scheduled to run those same dates? Would they do both?
I'll be pissed if they don't do it, cuz a clerk convinced me not to buy the items I was buying because the sale was coming up.
Old 12-07-13, 07:28 AM

So the buy one get one Criterion fine print says no coupons. How is this sale compelling? I wouldn't say $20 for a criterion title is a bargain...
Old 12-07-13, 07:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't say $20 for a criterion title is a bargain...
What??
Old 12-07-13, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by albert_m
What??
Well, to be honest, with the 50% off sale, 40% off coupon, 30% off coupon, etc. in the past month, $10-$15 Blus were pretty common. But yeah, $20 is reasonable and I might pick up a few more.
Old 12-07-13, 11:29 PM

The wording here is different. This actually calls the Criterion BOGO a "promotion." Previous coupons (for which I was denied last week) said "cannot be combined with any other promotion," but nowhere in print did Barnes say the Criterion sale was a promotion. Then the cashiers read the coupon, said "no, you can't combine this with a promotion." I said "the Criterion sale is a 'promotion?'" "Yes."

With stickler cashiers, this may be an even tougher sale, ahem, "promotion," for coupon usage.
Old 12-07-13, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by crikey
Well, to be honest, with the 50% off sale, 40% off coupon, 30% off coupon, etc. in the past month, $10-$15 Blus were pretty common. But yeah, $20 is reasonable and I might pick up a few more.
Best hope for a deal might be online, for members when the sale goes live. Some titles are currently discounted ($29.01, $34.04) and may still be when the "promotion" starts. Members might be able to use their snail-mail 20% off coupons, too, before restrictions kick in.

Maybe I'll put stuff in my cart and stay up late clicking "refresh."
Old 12-08-13, 11:15 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Laser Movies
The Criterion sale just won't go away. Here are the details on the next one.

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...&promoid=11525

Buy One Criterion Collection DVD or Blu-ray, Get One Free Offer Details

This offer is in effect at BN.com from 12:01 a.m. EST December 10, 2013 to December 16, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. EST, and at Barnes & Noble stores from December 10, 2013 to December 16, 2013 at close of business, while supplies last.

Buy one (1) qualifying DVD or Blu-ray from our Buy One Criterion Collection DVD or Blu-ray, Get One Free promotion and get a second Criterion Collection, DVD or Blu-ray of equal or lesser value free! Simply look for the Buy One Criterion Collection DVD or Blu-ray product page icon or message or store product label on select DVDs and Blu-rays. Limit of ten (10) redemptions per customer.

At BN.com: Simply place 2 qualifying DVDs or Blu-rays in your BN.com Shopping Bag, and proceed to Checkout. Your credit for the least expensive qualifying DVD or Blu-ray will appear at Checkout. Shipping charges may apply.

At Barnes & Noble stores: This offer applies only to the selected DVD and Blu-ray titles with a "Buy One, Get One Free" store label. Buy two (2) or more qualifying DVDs or Blu-rays and you will get the least expensive qualifying DVD or Blu-ray free.

Additional Rules Governing this Offer: This offer is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards or eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past or pre-ordered purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of any other products other than Blu-ray or DVD discs bearing the Buy One Criterion Collection DVD or Blu-ray, Get One Free icon or message (iv) not valid on shipping or handling expenses, or applicable sales tax; (v) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, etc.); and (vi) not valid at Barnes & Noble College retail bookstores or websites. This offer may not be combined with any other coupon or promotion, or with the Educator Discount. Void where prohibited by law.

Returns or cancellations that affect the minimum number of items purchased may result in a charge for the item of lesser value originally received as free. You will be responsible to pay any such adjustments; we reserve the right to charge your credit, debit or Gift Card in the amount of such adjustments and will notify you via e-mail of such charge or debit. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Void where prohibited by law.
I want to have your sale/coupon babies.
Old 12-17-13, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Is the BN Blu sale still happening...? I thought it was due to start today, but a sampling of titles online did not seem positive...
Old 12-17-13, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ntnon
Is the BN Blu sale still happening...? I thought it was due to start today, but a sampling of titles online did not seem positive...

The 40% blu sale started last night online. Here is the link to all the titles that are on sale.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s?csrf...2227&store=DVD
Old 12-19-13, 09:37 AM

The 40% blu sale started last night online. Here is the link to all the titles that are on sale.

When does this 40%-off sale end?
Old 12-19-13, 11:18 AM

Thank you - and to hariseldon - for the clarification. I thought it was everything, but murphy's law kicked in on everything I'd hoped for...!

To the store -
Old 12-19-13, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by cine
When does this 40%-off sale end?
I think it's Christmas Eve.
Old 12-19-13, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got a 25% off coupon in my email from them as well. Does that stack with the 40% off sale in stores?
Old 12-19-13, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
I just got a 25% off coupon in my email from them as well. Does that stack with the 40% off sale in stores?
I always say it's ymmv at stores with coupons. It should stack with the sale but you never know if an employee may decide not to accept a coupon. However I would assume most customers shouldn't have a problem.

Also there is now a thread for the 40% sale that should have questions posted there instead of here since the Criterion sale has ended.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bar...-ray-sale.html

Last edited by Laser Movies; 12-19-13 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-25-14, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

About how often does this sale come around? I finally have a couple of Criterions I'm itching to exercise a B1G1 option on.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.