Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Monsters University Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-13, 04:16 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Monsters University Pricing

Originally Posted by flix1
I see that Amazon dropped their price on the 3D version to $29.99. If that stays through Tuesday, you should have no problem pricematching at Target.
good luck... since the Target edition has exclusive bonus supplements; sometimes they won't pricematch something that isn't exactly the same product.
Old 10-28-13, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Giles
good luck... since the Target edition has exclusive bonus supplements; sometimes they won't pricematch something that isn't exactly the same product.
I don't think I've ever has a problem pricematching exclusives at Target. I pricematched The Little Mermaid digibook to Walmart and World War Z to FYE just recently without issue.
Old 10-28-13, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lumberjack
I purchased the $20 for $10 TRU Groupon last year and had a devil of a time using it. The register at my TRU wouldn't allow this Groupon to be used on anything that was sale priced (aka "other offers" in the disclaimer), and TRU regular prices aren't that great on movies. Just beware.
I actually had no problem using this last year with a a MFG and TRU coupon + a promotion they were running for Disney titles.

Originally Posted by LUKE111887
Hello:

I found this on groupon, which will be great for Monsters university, could potentially get it for a buck or 2:

Groupon has a deal for 5.00 for $10.00 toys r us gift card Link: http://www.groupon.com/deals/toys-r-...-r-us-1-boston

OR

$7.50 for $15.00 toys "R" us gift card Linbk: http://www.groupon.com/deals/toys-r-...mpaign=4328635

I wander if you can combine this groupon with the 20% off toys R US coupon: http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?c$ategoryId=2255956 with the $10.00 pre order.

There fore it would be: 22.99 - 4.60 (20% off coupon) - 7.50 (cost of groupon) - $9.00 (pre order for planes) - 3.00 (DMR coupon)= -$1.11
This is dead right now, but instead of "sold out" like it was earlier, it say "not yet", so this deal may go live again.
Old 10-28-13, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Giles
It's priced $29.99 at Target so no price match is necessary.
Old 10-29-13, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Picked up the 3D version at Target this morning. They only had 6 of the 3D version at opening.

I saw plenty of the non-3D release in both the movie area and at the front counters.
Old 10-29-13, 12:22 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

Originally Posted by flix1
Picked up the 3D version at Target this morning. They only had 6 of the 3D version at opening.

I saw plenty of the non-3D release in both the movie area and at the front counters.
but, did you get one with bonus disc? those were very scarce...
Old 10-29-13, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by TheBang
Here are some more possibilities for discounts:

You can get a $3 DMR coupon by redeeming 100 points here:

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com...elcome-29-6590
The $3 coupon shows as out of stock now. I know it was in stock yesterday, but was planning to print it out today. I should have known better that Disney would do this when the movie is released now.
Old 10-29-13, 01:15 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
so wait, there are 3D deluxe editions without the bonus disc? (Being sold at Target?) so where exactly is the bonus disc, in the inside of the bluray or outside on the back?
Old 10-29-13, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes. I didn't look though all 6, but at least the 3 that I looked at all had it.
Old 10-29-13, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Yes my Target had Collector's & 3D versions without Target bonus disc, the standard versions have no bonus disc. The bonus DVD is wrapped in a cardboard behind the case and it say its appriximately 15minutes long.
Old 10-29-13, 02:55 PM

Received 798 Likes on 521 Posts

Originally Posted by tbender
It looks like Walmart has the cheapest price for the combo pack with digital copy ($19.96).
Apparently Target has this with an exclusive disc. Will they allow a price match on thsi (even though theirs has a bonus disc)? Thanks!
The Walmart BD+DVD+DC is $29.96... the BD+DVD was $19.96.
Old 10-29-13, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by bookcase3
I picked up MU 3D and Cars 3D at bestbuy.com because you get an extra $8 off. Plus it comes with a free plush that I'll give my nephew this Christmas. I figure the non-3D and non-digital copy version of MU will be cheap around Christmastime, but I wanted the 3D versions and I'm not sure if I'll be able to beat this price.
THANK YOU! I did same after seeing your post.. and did in store pick up - good deal!
Old 10-29-13, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 421 Likes on 290 Posts

First Target I went to didn't have any of the 3D Collector's versions with the bonus disc. Target's website says its online only so I just ended up ordering it online. Shipping was less than $3 and I would have spent that driving to the next Target to see if was in fact online only.
Old 10-29-13, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Meathead
First Target I went to didn't have any of the 3D Collector's versions with the bonus disc. Target's website says its online only so I just ended up ordering it online. Shipping was less than $3 and I would have spent that driving to the next Target to see if was in fact online only.
I check target.com. It says the 3D version with bonus disc is online only. So I didn't bother to check the store and ordered it online. I got free shipping from RED card.
Old 10-29-13, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
The Walmart BD+DVD+DC is $29.96... the BD+DVD was $19.96.
Hmmm...it looks like you're right, but the picture in the ad and the version it links to through the virtual ad is the one with the DC. Wonder if anyone was able to get it for $19.96.
Old 10-29-13, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FWIW, my Target didn't even have a SKU for the 3D version and had only a dozen or so copies of the standard BD. Only one copy had the exclusive disc. I still haven't seen this so I couldn't justify a blind buy.
Old 10-30-13, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I went to two Targets yesterday. The first had one 3D copy without the bonus disc. The second had the same (also in those damned plastic cases that destroy the covers), but after 10 minutes I tracked down an employee and after a time, he managed to get someone else to check the back where there were some with the bonus disc. I'm liking Target less and less as time goes on..
Old 10-30-13, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by My Other Self
FWIW, my Target didn't even have a SKU for the 3D version and had only a dozen or so copies of the standard BD. Only one copy had the exclusive disc. I still haven't seen this so I couldn't justify a blind buy.
Weird. I went to my Target at 8 PM last night and they had 8 Monsters University 3Ds all with the bonus DVD. When I slid off the case to see, it said 15 minutes of content which made me think "big whoop". I miss most exclusives anyway, so 15 minutes of content aren't going to sway me one way or the other.

I was most incredibly bummed by Disney's evilness to pull the $3 DMR coupon right before I went to print it Tuesday morning (I waited because I wanted as long on my expiration date just in case I got stuck with it if BB refused to take the coupons). But it became a moot point and really angered me. I ended up doing in store pickup at BB, but I haven't decided if I'm going to get it now. The $3 DMR coupons had been there for months, and they pull it the morning of release. The timing is too convenient to be a coincidence. The worst part is I called BB to ask what inventory they had (mainly curiosity) and the nice guy there (the one who never gives me troubles with coupons) answered, so had DMR not pulled a fast one (or as I like to say "a cheap shot") I would've been in happy city with Monsters U 3D + Cars 3D + free Mike plush having gotten the combo discount and $6 off in DMR coupons. Disney, you owe me $6 (well $5 because it cost 100 points which is worth $1). Just don't know how I'm going to collect that, though. :-(
Old 10-30-13, 10:45 AM

Please post on Disney's FB page (https://www.facebook.com/disneymovierewards) asking them to bring back the $3 coupon. There are a few posts there and the Disney rep is giving cookie cutter replies that the coupon ran out due to low inventory, which makes no sense for a digital coupon. Maybe more people asking about this will pressure them into bringing back the $3 coupon.
Old 10-30-13, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I never bought one of those coupons. I wish I had... I'll comment.
As for Monsters Univ, I ordered the exclusive from target.com this morning...
Old 10-30-13, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
Weird. I went to my Target at 8 PM last night and they had 8 Monsters University 3Ds all with the bonus DVD. When I slid off the case to see, it said 15 minutes of content which made me think "big whoop". I miss most exclusives anyway, so 15 minutes of content aren't going to sway me one way or the other.

I was most incredibly bummed by Disney's evilness to pull the $3 DMR coupon right before I went to print it Tuesday morning (I waited because I wanted as long on my expiration date just in case I got stuck with it if BB refused to take the coupons). But it became a moot point and really angered me. I ended up doing in store pickup at BB, but I haven't decided if I'm going to get it now. The $3 DMR coupons had been there for months, and they pull it the morning of release. The timing is too convenient to be a coincidence. The worst part is I called BB to ask what inventory they had (mainly curiosity) and the nice guy there (the one who never gives me troubles with coupons) answered, so had DMR not pulled a fast one (or as I like to say "a cheap shot") I would've been in happy city with Monsters U 3D + Cars 3D + free Mike plush having gotten the combo discount and $6 off in DMR coupons. Disney, you owe me $6 (well $5 because it cost 100 points which is worth $1). Just don't know how I'm going to collect that, though. :-(
Wow. I am so lucky I printed one on Monday! Weird.
Old 10-30-13, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DMR discontinued the $3 coupon? That sucks. It was one of the pluses of defraying the absurd cost of Disney new releases that don't benefit from a Scott's $7 coupon (i.e. Iron Man 3).

Honestly, I wouldn't have bought IM3 the week it came out if not for the coupon. Their structured pricing for new releases and the separation of digital copies from being standard practice resulting in 20 different SKUs is stupid.
Old 10-30-13, 04:35 PM

is the Target Exclusive version 5-discs all together?
Old 10-30-13, 05:06 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

is the Target Exclusive version 5-discs all together?
Yep, if you're referring to the 3D set - 3 blu's, 2 DVD's (including bonus disc).
Old 10-30-13, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by trespoochies
Yep, if you're referring to the 3D set - 3 blu's, 2 DVD's (including bonus disc).
cool. thanks.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.