Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Monsters University Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-13, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monsters University Pricing

It looks like Walmart has the cheapest price for the combo pack with digital copy ($19.96).
Apparently Target has this with an exclusive disc. Will they allow a price match on thsi (even though theirs has a bonus disc)? Thanks!
Old 10-24-13, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Monsters University Pricing

Originally Posted by tbender
It looks like Walmart has the cheapest price for the combo pack with digital copy ($19.96).
Apparently Target has this with an exclusive disc. Will they allow a price match on thsi (even though theirs has a bonus disc)? Thanks!
Technically they're not supposed to since their version is different from Walmart's but you can get lucky.
Old 10-25-13, 01:41 PM

Doesn't seem like there's any coupons this time around. That's disappointing. I see that for $22.96 you can get the Blu-ray with a Disney Infinity character. That's pretty nice.
Old 10-25-13, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by ppawuk
Doesn't seem like there's any coupons this time around. That's disappointing. I see that for $22.96 you can get the Blu-ray with a Disney Infinity character. That's pretty nice.
There's a $3 coupon if you buy some Kelloggs cereal two-packs at Walmart.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/11872100-post13.html
Old 10-25-13, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

Here are some more possibilities for discounts:

You can get a $3 DMR coupon by redeeming 100 points here:

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com...elcome-29-6590

You can create a new DMR account and take all the Surveys to get 125 free points.

There is also a preorder discount available at Toys R Us. If you put down a $1 deposit for a preorder for Disney's Planes, you get $10 off of any Disney movie ($19.99 or higher) purchased at the same time as the deposit.

So, all you have to do is go to Toys R Us, and find one of their Planes pre-order cards. Bring the card, plus your Disney title (Monsters U) to the cash register, and you'll pay $1 for the pre-order and get $10 off of Monsters U. Then, you can either go back later and use your $1 deposit to buy Planes, or you can just do nothing and eat the $1, or you can go back to Toys R Us after Planes has come out and tell them you changed your mind and want your deposit back.

One caveat: It is unlikely that Toys R Us will be carrying the BD3D for Monsters U.
Old 10-25-13, 08:08 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 909 Likes on 769 Posts

Originally Posted by tbender
does Target's bonus disc come with the 3D version too?
Old 10-25-13, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by OldBoy
Based on the pictures on their website ... yes.
Old 10-25-13, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
yes
Old 10-25-13, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any info about a MU 3D edition?

As a DMC member, I was a bit underwhelmed by this month's DMC selection of the 2D edition of MU combined with the 3D edition of MI. No sale. I would have bit for the 3D version of both, but this???

WTH is wrong with Disney?
Old 10-26-13, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon2
Any info about a MU 3D edition?

As a DMC member, I was a bit underwhelmed by this month's DMC selection of the 2D edition of MU combined with the 3D edition of MI. No sale. I would have bit for the 3D version of both, but this???

They are offering free shipping this month. Since no one has a deal on the 3d version, I just went ahead and ordered it through them. And yeah, makes no sense having the 2d version of MU to go with the 3d version of Monsters Inc. They should have offered both in 3D or give you the option of picking the 2d or 3D version.

I just wish they had better pricing on Cars 3D and The Little Mermaid 3D. $39.95 each is a bit hard to swallow even if the avg cost is low.

Originally Posted by ppawuk
Too bad they aren't offering it with the 3D version. I could use some characters to go with the PS3 one I recently got for $13 on a Wal-Mart.com pricing error. Luckily Gamestop is having a BOGO Black Friday sale on these.

Last edited by darkdaze73; 10-26-13 at 07:12 AM.
Old 10-26-13, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon2

I'm glad my fulfillments are done. It really pisses me off that the featured selections are frequently TWO movies now.

I'm going to quit and doubt I'll join again. Used to be you could satisfy a required purchase with a $30 item on sale as the featured selection for $25 and free shipping on top. Haven't seen that in a while.
Old 10-26-13, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Easy
I'm glad my fulfillments are done. It really pisses me off that the featured selections are frequently TWO movies now.

I'm going to quit and doubt I'll join again. Used to be you could satisfy a required purchase with a $30 item on sale as the featured selection for $25 and free shipping on top. Haven't seen that in a while.
When the selection is two movies for 29.95, as it has been a couple of times recently, that's actually really good.
Old 10-26-13, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
When the selection is two movies for 29.95, as it has been a couple of times recently, that's actually really good.
I disagree. If they're that price it's usually stuff I really don't care about... Tinkerbell, Meet the Robinsons, Rescuers, whatever but always the lesser features.
Old 10-26-13, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Easy
I disagree. If they're that price it's usually stuff I really don't care about... Tinkerbell, Meet the Robinsons, Rescuers, whatever but always the lesser features.
Depends what you're interested in collecting. I'm interested in owning everything from the classics series, so when they offered Emperor's New Groove + Lilo and Stitch for 29.95 as a commitment, well that's two titles I was going to buy anyway, so it's a essentially a BOGO, adding another title to my package at no additional cost.
Old 10-26-13, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I see that Amazon dropped their price on the 3D version to $29.99. If that stays through Tuesday, you should have no problem pricematching at Target.
Old 10-26-13, 10:02 PM

Do Disney BDs ever end up on Black Friday specials? [here's hoping...]
Old 10-26-13, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 272 Likes on 171 Posts

Yes, I got Brave last year for $8 on BF
Old 10-27-13, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
They are offering free shipping this month. Since no one has a deal on the 3d version, I just went ahead and ordered it through them. And yeah, makes no sense having the 2d version of MU to go with the 3d version of Monsters Inc. They should have offered both in 3D or give you the option of picking the 2d or 3D version.

I just wish they had better pricing on Cars 3D and The Little Mermaid 3D. $39.95 each is a bit hard to swallow even if the avg cost is low.

Too bad they aren't offering it with the 3D version. I could use some characters to go with the PS3 one I recently got for $13 on a Wal-Mart.com pricing error. Luckily Gamestop is having a BOGO Black Friday sale on these.
I just fulfilled with Little Mermaid 3D for 31.95. Was going to re-enroll for the MU doulbe, but I thought it was MU 3D and MI, not the other way around. May still do it since I need MI3D, but probably not.

As for Cars 2 3D (I assume that's what you meant), you "may" be able to get it as an enrollment ... Back when everyone was getting 3D's as enrollments, I was able to get several including Cars 2 3D. Of course it's a huge YMMV and nobody has reported getting them lately, so it might be dead.

Last edited by That'sAllFolks; 10-27-13 at 06:36 PM.
Old 10-27-13, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GuessWho
Yes, I got Brave last year for $8 on BF
Yeah, and that was a shocker because it had just been released. Oh wait... you don't suppose...
Old 10-27-13, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
I just fulfilled with Little Mermaid 3D for 31.95. Was going to re-enroll for the MU doulbe, but I thought it was MU 3D and MI, not the other way around. May still do it since I need MU3D, but probably not.

As for Cars 2 3D (I assume that's what you meant), you "may" be able to get it as an enrollment ... Back when everyone was getting 3D's as enrollments, I was able to get several including Cars 2 3D. Of course it's a huge YMMV and nobody has reported getting them lately, so it might be dead.
I missed out on getting Little Mermaid 3D for 31.95. I had just re-enrolled and assumed it would stay at that price only to see it jump to 39.95 the following week.

I am talking about the newly released Cars 3D. They have it 39.95 also which is overpriced imo. After I had enrolled I tried to get in on the Atlantis/Peter Pan RTN double feature but could not as I was told it would have not been my monthly offer. Now I wish I had asked for one of those as a enrollment title, but I guess there's always next time.
Old 10-27-13, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
I missed out on getting Little Mermaid 3D for 31.95. I had just re-enrolled and assumed it would stay at that price only to see it jump to 39.95 the following week.

I am talking about the newly released Cars 3D. They have it 39.95 also which is overpriced imo. After I had enrolled I tried to get in on the Atlantis/Peter Pan RTN double feature but could not as I was told it would have not been my monthly offer. Now I wish I had asked for one of those as a enrollment title, but I guess there's always next time.
Just say OK and then call back. I have fulfilled a lot of enrollments with offers that were released the month I actually opened the account.

The Little Mermaid offer took me 2 calls. The first lady would not give it to me at the discount price. I read that someone on blu-ray.com got them give them the offer the week before the release (it had ended at least a week earlier). I then called back and found a CSR that was more accommodating. I fulfilled my account the Friday before TLM was released. I didn't really worry about this at first, but the lack of any decent deals on TLM 3D prompted me to try it.

I did not even know Cars 3D was even released.
Old 10-27-13, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I called after I had re-enrolled to try and get the selection of the month since I knew that I would not have one for the first month of enrollment. The lady I spoke to said that my selection of the month was another title, I do not remember which one it was. I tried to get her to give me the Atlantis/PP one, but she said that I had already declined my selection of the month and she could not give me that one. I do not remember declining anything over the phone, but I guess it does not matter since it was not the one I was looking for.

I believe Cars 3D comes out this week. There's virtually no one advertising it either. It's not my favorite Pixar/Disney movie, but I know it looks great on blu-ray and I am always looking for more 3D content.
Old 10-28-13, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBang
Here are some more possibilities for discounts:

You can get a $3 DMR coupon by redeeming 100 points here:

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com...elcome-29-6590

You can create a new DMR account and take all the Surveys to get 125 free points.

There is also a preorder discount available at Toys R Us. If you put down a $1 deposit for a preorder for Disney's Planes, you get $10 off of any Disney movie ($19.99 or higher) purchased at the same time as the deposit.

So, all you have to do is go to Toys R Us, and find one of their Planes pre-order cards. Bring the card, plus your Disney title (Monsters U) to the cash register, and you'll pay $1 for the pre-order and get $10 off of Monsters U. Then, you can either go back later and use your $1 deposit to buy Planes, or you can just do nothing and eat the $1, or you can go back to Toys R Us after Planes has come out and tell them you changed your mind and want your deposit back.

One caveat: It is unlikely that Toys R Us will be carrying the BD3D for Monsters U.
I wonder if the Groupon TRU deal will stack with the Planes preorder

$5 for $10 credit

http://www.groupon.com/deals/toys-r-..._kuVl3_SeP_0_0

$7.50 for $15 credit

Old 10-28-13, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I picked up MU 3D and Cars 3D at bestbuy.com because you get an extra $8 off. Plus it comes with a free plush that I'll give my nephew this Christmas. I figure the non-3D and non-digital copy version of MU will be cheap around Christmastime, but I wanted the 3D versions and I'm not sure if I'll be able to beat this price.
Old 10-28-13, 03:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
I wonder if the Groupon TRU deal will stack with the Planes preorder

$5 for $10 credit

$7.50 for $15 credit

I purchased the $20 for $10 TRU Groupon last year and had a devil of a time using it. The register at my TRU wouldn't allow this Groupon to be used on anything that was sale priced (aka "other offers" in the disclaimer), and TRU regular prices aren't that great on movies. Just beware.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.