DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Family Video - Blu-ray 2 for $4 in store (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/612951-family-video-blu-ray-2-%244-store.html)

Hethunder 08-31-13 08:19 PM

Re: Family Video - Blu-ray 2 for $4 in store

i got The Raven and Seeking Justice. Reading the comment or two above, is there a price range of up to 4.99 to qualify for the deal, cuz not all blurays have the stickers 2 for 4 but have notice some times with and others of the same without the sticker so i am curious. i havent had the time to call, and hoping to have the chance before the end of the weekend. I seen a couple that were 4.99 and wouldnt mind checking out is they qualify.

emanon 09-01-13 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by cannibalchris (Post 11816659)
Anyone know if the BM stores are having Memorial Day sales?

Watch their ads shortly after Easter. If they are, that's when they'll promote them.

DirkBelig 09-01-13 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Hethunder (Post 11816940)
i got The Raven and Seeking Justice. Reading the comment or two above, is there a price range of up to 4.99 to qualify for the deal, cuz not all blurays have the stickers 2 for 4 but have notice some times with and others of the same without the sticker so i am curious. i havent had the time to call, and hoping to have the chance before the end of the weekend. I seen a couple that were 4.99 and wouldnt mind checking out is they qualify.

I went to two different stores last night. These places are a shambles with stuff scattered all over with different prices.

Store #1 (Warren, MI) - They had Cosmopolis in one place labeled 2/$4 and another for $5. I found The Master in a bin with a handful of other titles for $5. I picked up a copy of Frankenweenie on DVD for my g/f's brother and it was tagged $5 but scanned at $3.

Store #2 (Sterling Heights, MI) - Found a copy of Frankenweenie on Blu for $5 next to all the DVD's at $5. Also bought Cloud Atlas, Oz tGaP and ParaNorman for $21.

You literally have to walk the entire store to locate stuff and then double-check. Prices seem to vary a little from place to place. These two had less 2/$4 selection than my local one.

MooMooMooMoo 09-02-13 01:08 AM

I thought Family Video was internet only. Are all the stores on the east coast?

Hethunder 09-02-13 08:56 AM

ok. thanks for the info.

xfilekr 09-02-13 09:24 AM

My local store had a ton of reprinted covers- like really crappy looking- is that normal for them?

Hethunder 09-02-13 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by xfilekr (Post 11818210)
My local store had a ton of reprinted covers- like really crappy looking- is that normal for them?

Unfortunately yes... i think its for the dvds that come from blurays they rent out, so they technically dont have a case for it, and just print out one for them, cuz they sold the dvds with cases.

Torchur317 09-10-13 10:54 AM

Lots of new markdowns & price changes at my store.... I picked these up yesterday:

Contraband
The Ward
Christmas Story 2
High School
The Raven
The Grey
Dark Skies
The Campaign
The Barrens
The Sweeney

EddieMoney 09-13-13 10:43 AM

No dice at the Battle Creek, MI store.

DirkBelig 09-16-13 01:37 AM

Hit up the St. Clair Shores and Eastpointe, MI stores over the past two days and came up empty at both. Hell, it's hard to scrape up decent 2/$4 DVDs - cheap BDs are almost impossible to find. EXTREMELY YMMV.

DirkBelig 10-13-13 09:44 PM

The inconsistency between stores is crazy. I stopped at one last night that I happened to stumble across and they had a rack stuffed with 2/$10 BDs; a OK selection if you haven't bought much in a year. Today, I was at another store and they didn't have an exclusive sale rack, but in the "Newer Releases" section they had some BDs tagged at $5. Picked up Looper.