DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Best Buy Clearance/Open-Box Items Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/612943-best-buy-clearance-open-box-items-thread.html)

asianxcore 08-21-13 04:37 PM

Best Buy Clearance/Open-Box Items Thread

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....DCMP=rdr102872

That page allows you to search your local store to see what is on Clearance or Open Box. Different stores have different items they have on Clearance or Open Box.

Picked up The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Best Buy Exclusive) new for $9.99 today!

kenbenobi 08-21-13 05:00 PM

Re: Best Buy Clearance/Open-Box Items Thread

Good find, thanks! No Hobbit by me (checked 3 stores), but there are some potential bargains...

asianxcore 08-21-13 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 11806600)
Good find, thanks! No Hobbit by me (checked 3 stores), but there are some potential bargains...

No credit to me, I found this over at Blu-Ray.com Forums and thought I'd share it here.

There are a LOT of items being reported over there, but every store is different. YMMV!

Happy hunting everyone!

Obi-Wanma 08-21-13 08:50 PM

Found a Dark Knight Rises exlusive steelbook for 9.99. Thanks!

Cardsfan111 08-21-13 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni (Post 11806777)
Found a Dark Knight Rises exlusive steelbook for 9.99. Thanks!

I had one of those available as well. A little bummed that I just ordered the non-steelbook version for the same price at Amazon. I don't think I want the SB enough to cancel/re-order.

That'sAllFolks 08-21-13 10:21 PM

went to 3 BBYs today and picked up:
Astro Boy Dvd Mini Set 1 (5 Disc) - B&W - DVD 9.99
Hubble IMAX BD/DVD (NO 3D) - 4.99

Astro Boy and Hubble would not let me check out at any of the 5 I tried, but I found them at the last place I visited.

Sherlock GOS SB - 9.99
Dark Knight Rises SB - 9.99 (1 loc. in Houston had 13 of them. Most in perfect cond)
Supernatural S4 BD BBY exclusive w/ Lent. cover - 14.99 (cellophane was beat up as hell)
watchmen rosach DVD Mask - 9.99

Didn't pick up this one, but it was an OK price.
Watchmen - Tales of the Black Freighter DVD (in limited edition SteelBook case) (2009) - 9.99

DVD Polizei 08-21-13 11:13 PM

I can "reserve" a $89 garbage disposal (clearanced)...but I can't reserve/purchase a clearanced $4.99 Blu-ray for picking up at my local store.

Interesting.

whotony 08-21-13 11:41 PM

Saw the Wire for $40 and Ben Hur w/statue for $17.

asianxcore 08-22-13 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 (Post 11806834)
I had one of those available as well. A little bummed that I just ordered the non-steelbook version for the same price at Amazon. I don't think I want the SB enough to cancel/re-order.

They both have the same content right?

Glad to see people are finding things they like! :)

Obi-Wanma 08-22-13 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by asianxcore (Post 11806915)
They both have the same content right?

Glad to see people are finding things they like! :)

I don't remember what it has, an the listing doesn't say exactly, but it does say with exclusive content on the listing.

mattysemo247 08-22-13 07:36 AM

Couple other ones that haven't been mentioned

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US...es/9650221.jpg $9.99

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US...es/5600071.jpg $11.99

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US...63/8263327.jpg $1.99

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US...es/8823129.jpg $9.99

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US...2/19025346.jpg $6.99

kenbenobi 08-22-13 07:53 AM

FYI, Gangster Squad is the BB exclusive version. Pay attention to the SKU's, but most of the items listed have multiple SKU's and only a specific SKU is clearanced. Also found True Blood S3 BD, but the BD only version is $19.99, not the combo pack.

kenbenobi 08-22-13 08:05 AM

I upgraded my Best Buy app, and there is now an option to search the Clearance and Open Box items. That could be handy if you are in a store, and don't remember or know what that particular store has...
However, I can't get my RZ account to load in the new app. I keep getting Connection Error. So you may not want to upgrade your app if you like to access RZ through it...

Spiderbite 08-22-13 08:08 AM

When you go to your Best Buy, do you find these items just in their regular places or are they in a special box or clearance area?

darkdaze73 08-22-13 08:35 AM

My local store has a lot of the same stuff others have mentioned. I did check a couple of other stores in the area, albeit a longer drive. One store has the first season of Game of Thrones that was discontinued for 17.99.

printerati 08-22-13 09:09 AM

Rocky Balboa has been available for $1.99 at every local store I have checked. I have also seen True Blood: Season 3 (Blu-Ray) for $19.99 at a couple of stores.

rajeevalone 08-22-13 01:26 PM

thanks.. I got benhur collectors edition for 16.99 - 10 in rewards for 6.99+tax :D

asianxcore 08-22-13 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Spiderbite (Post 11807036)
When you go to your Best Buy, do you find these items just in their regular places or are they in a special box or clearance area?

At least with the two stores I went to locally, they were all just in section. No special section at all.

asianxcore 08-22-13 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 (Post 11807021)
Couple other ones that haven't been mentioned

The only reason why I didn't post a list of things and their prices, is because every store will have similar, as well as different things on Clearance.

A store about 30+ minutes away has the Game Of Thrones: Season 1 (Exclusive) Blu-Ray on Clearance, but the 2 stores within a 15 minute drive to me do not.

laidbacklarkin 08-22-13 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 11807032)
I upgraded my Best Buy app, and there is now an option to search the Clearance and Open Box items. That could be handy if you are in a store, and don't remember or know what that particular store has...
However, I can't get my RZ account to load in the new app. I keep getting Connection Error. So you may not want to upgrade your app if you like to access RZ through it...

I can't find anything in that new app. It lists 512 deals near my ZIP code (which it recognizes wrongly of course) and then click on the deals, you are served a 'Page not found'. Happens for any store I select. Pathetic !!

rod319 08-22-13 07:12 PM

Wow, looking through my local store's items, I noticed a lot of junk that they sell. No wonder they are in trouble.

whotony 08-22-13 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin (Post 11807781)
I can't find anything in that new app. It lists 512 deals near my ZIP code (which it recognizes wrongly of course) and then click on the deals, you are served a 'Page not found'. Happens for any store I select. Pathetic !!

Same for me. No wonder they are in trouble.

Originally Posted by rod319 (Post 11807816)
Wow, looking through my local store's items, I noticed a lot of junk that they sell. No wonder they are in trouble.

-rolleyes-

Exclusive21 08-22-13 09:45 PM

Dang, just bought The Dark Knight Rises Steelbook for $25 with the $5 coupon a couple weeks ago. Might go tomorrow to return it and purchase it at the $10. Will it ring up the clearence price in-store when purchased or do you have to reserve it online?

asianxcore 08-22-13 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Exclusive21 (Post 11807970)
Dang, just bought The Dark Knight Rises Steelbook for $25 with the $5 coupon a couple weeks ago. Might go tomorrow to return it and purchase it at the $10. Will it ring up the clearence price in-store when purchased or do you have to reserve it online?

As long as your store shows it as being Clearance in the link I posted, it will ring up at Clearance Price. No In-Store Pickup/Reserve necessary.

Exclusive21 08-22-13 09:58 PM

^Thanks! Also thinking of getting the Terminator Salvation giftset!