Old 08-08-13, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $15 Coupon for Once Upon a Time Season 2

Any exclusives?
Old 08-08-13, 06:47 AM

Best Buy's ad for next week says it has an exclusive bonus disc for Once S2, but there are no details about what content is on the disc.
Old 08-08-13, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Just noticed we have 2 threads on this subject in different forums...

Given that Target has the best deal @ $37.99 before coupon (and given that my BBs would 99% likely refuse to PM Target and take a $15 mfg coupon at the same time claiming it's double dipping), how many copies do people think Target will get of OUTA S2 BD? My guess is 2. In the past I used to be able to get to Target when they open, but my lying gestappo work now forces me to come in before Target opens so I can't get to Target until late afternoon.

I assume Amazon will PM Target's $37.99 with the $15 coupon, so perhaps I should just keep my Amazon order even though I'd like to get the extra 5% off for the RC because I have a feeling all Targets will be OOS of all 2-4 copies they get within a few hours and probably won't get any more copies until the day after the $15 coupon expires.

I didn't think about Walmart earlier, but they are usually willing to PM and take a mfg coupon (though sometimes they call over supervisors and managers to scrutinize it), so the issue there will be... will dear old Wally World even bother to carry this in store and if so will it also be a couple copies like Target? You never know. That's the killer about Amazon preorders... they ship on (or before) release date and you never know if local stores will have any inventory until after you had to decide whether to cancel your Amazon preorder. Maybe I should just roll dice... it would be equally accurate as guessing.
Old 08-08-13, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
Just noticed we have 2 threads on this subject in different forums...

Given that Target has the best deal @ $37.99 before coupon (and given that my BBs would 99% likely refuse to PM Target and take a $15 mfg coupon at the same time claiming it's double dipping), how many copies do people think Target will get of OUTA S2 BD? My guess is 2. In the past I used to be able to get to Target when they open, but my lying gestappo work now forces me to come in before Target opens so I can't get to Target until late afternoon.

I assume Amazon will PM Target's $37.99 with the $15 coupon, so perhaps I should just keep my Amazon order even though I'd like to get the extra 5% off for the RC because I have a feeling all Targets will be OOS of all 2-4 copies they get within a few hours and probably won't get any more copies until the day after the $15 coupon expires.

I didn't think about Walmart earlier, but they are usually willing to PM and take a mfg coupon (though sometimes they call over supervisors and managers to scrutinize it), so the issue there will be... will dear old Wally World even bother to carry this in store and if so will it also be a couple copies like Target? You never know. That's the killer about Amazon preorders... they ship on (or before) release date and you never know if local stores will have any inventory until after you had to decide whether to cancel your Amazon preorder. Maybe I should just roll dice... it would be equally accurate as guessing.
Good Lord, just buy it somewhere, take the shrinkwrap off, actually put the discs in the player and watch them and move on! I know others have brought this up to you before but do you watch the majority of your collection or do you just spend more time obsessing how much you can save at this or that store? Try to enjoy your collection rather than worrying about the lowest possible price for something you likely won't end up watching anyway.
Old 08-08-13, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wasn't planning on buying this release but the coupon has made it too tempting. I really like the show and missed several episodes this season.
Old 08-08-13, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Really hope Amazon matches Target.
Old 08-08-13, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

Originally Posted by Dubya
Good Lord, just buy it somewhere, take the shrinkwrap off, actually put the discs in the player and watch them and move on! I know others have brought this up to you before but do you watch the majority of your collection or do you just spend more time obsessing how much you can save at this or that store? Try to enjoy your collection rather than worrying about the lowest possible price for something you likely won't end up watching anyway.

I have never seen Manzana actually talk about movies or TV. 99.9% of his posts are obsessing about prices, how Best Buy treats him like shit, and about stuff that he will likely never watch.

I'd like Manzana to actually watch the shit he owns and stop obsessing about every freaking bargain.

Last edited by DJariya; 08-09-13 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-10-13, 03:39 PM

does anyone know if this coupon is good to purchase the DVDs online?
Old 08-10-13, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by xtina592
does anyone know if this coupon is good to purchase the DVDs online?
No, in store only.

For example Amazon does not accept manufacturers coupons.
Old 08-10-13, 04:19 PM

Oh okay thanks!
Old 08-10-13, 04:20 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
No, in store only.

For example Amazon does not accept manufacturers coupons.
Amazon already offered a $15 "clippable" coupon when it was first listed.
Old 08-10-13, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by PerryD
Amazon already offered a $15 "clippable" coupon when it was first listed.
That wasn't her question. She was asking about the ABC Printable coupon.
Old 08-10-13, 09:50 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
If you preordered it last October you got the coupon at Amazon -- I must admit it the longest Preorder I've ever sat on.

I just cancelled it -- it's getting more than a bit irritating that Amazon seems to never be a price setter to set the bar anymore most particularly on new releases. They seem to be perfectly content just to passively match whatever BBY/WM/Target does. I'm rewarding the B&M for taking the lead -- BBY RZ, gift cards,. Target Redcard balance out the Sales Tax difference most of the
time
I was happy to see Amazon price matched Target earlier today.
Old 08-11-13, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 419 Posts

If you preordered it last October you got the coupon at Amazon -- I must admit it the longest Preorder I've ever sat on.

I just cancelled it -- it's getting more than a bit irritating that Amazon seems to never be a price setter to set the bar anymore most particularly on new releases. They seem to be perfectly content just to passively match whatever BBY/WM/Target does. I'm rewarding the B&M for taking the lead -- BBY RZ, gift cards,. Target Redcard balance out the Sales Tax difference most of the
time
So you held the order for nearly a year, then when it gets a price and Amazon follows their own policy and matches, you cancel.

That makes no sense.
Old 08-11-13, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

The days of Amazon undercutting the B&M competition on pricing are over. They are clearly focusing their efforts now on consumers who care about convenience over pricing.

It's a shame that Walmart doesn't seem interested in establishing a viable online business.
Old 08-11-13, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 419 Posts

fair enough.
Old 08-11-13, 01:24 PM

Can somebody PLEASE scan a copy of your printed $15 bluray coupon for OUAT ssn 2? I am trying to print at the library but it won't allow me to use the coupon site on their computers. Please!
Old 08-11-13, 02:45 PM

Any way I can get a copy emailed to me PLEASE . I don't have a printer, and I cant print to pdf and print it at an office depot or staples. My work is locked with printing coupon outside of work related documents. my email address is [email protected]
Old 08-11-13, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk God

For anyone who buys this on Tuesday, please report back if there is any $10 off coupon inside the packaging.
Old 08-11-13, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
For anyone who buys this on Tuesday, please report back if there is any $10 off coupon inside the packaging.
Yes, and I hope some people will post approximate quantities seen at each B&M store. I'm going to guess 4-12 copies at "the big 3" B&M, but maybe OUAT is more popular than I realize and they'll have more. Sadly it's a risk I'm going to avoid this time.

They seem to be perfectly content just to passively match whatever BBY/WM/Target does. I'm rewarding the B&M for taking the lead -- BBY RZ, gift cards,. Target Redcard balance out the Sales Tax difference most of the time
I'm pretty sure (99%) that Amazon's $15 off coupon is pre-tax while at Target the $15 off coupon will be post tax, plus Amazon's tax rate is 2% lower than my local rate (I don't know why). So, according to my math the 5% Red Card discount on the pre-coupon balance but paying tax on the $15 off at Target vs. Amazon's lower tax rate on the after-coupon price without 5% off works out to a difference of... <drum roll> 28 cents!

So it's a pure wash to me. Normally I would've gone the B&M route because if I decided to return it's easier with no shipping cost. However (and this is the big however), Target's inventory on many recent releases have been despicable... 4 copies for the whole week which are gone within the first 1-2 hours. Sometimes they really strain themselves and get a whole 12 copies for the week, but if you live in an area with 50,000 people within a few miles, those 12 copies don't last long. Bottomline: I'll pay 28 cents more to be guaranteed to get a copy than to have to fight/worry about Target being OOS before I get to the store because they are too cheap to invest in a sufficient amount of copies (probably ditto for Walmart and BB). The fact my evil job screwed my schedule over and I can no longer get to Target between 8-10 AM ever, that was the final factor. A bird in the hand (Amazon) is worth 2 in the bush (B&M).
Old 08-11-13, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
Yes, and I hope some people will post approximate quantities seen at each B&M store. I'm going to guess 4-12 copies at "the big 3" B&M, but maybe OUAT is more popular than I realize and they'll have more. Sadly it's a risk I'm going to avoid this time.
I think I saw today on the Anderson rep's cart. I didn't stop to count, but it didn't look like a lot. Maybe 10 or less.
Old 08-12-13, 12:27 PM

Where can I get this coupon?
Old 08-12-13, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by leiannie1
Where can I get this coupon?
The link for the coupon is right in the first post.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.