Scarface Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD Steelbook --> 6.99 shipped @ FamilyVideo

Old 07-29-13, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scarface Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD Steelbook --> 6.99 shipped @ FamilyVideo

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/p...ucts_id=364495

UPC matches the steelbook

Use coupon code ‘Z92SKVE2’

Also Jaws 100th Ann and Jurassic Park can be had for 9.99.
Old 07-29-13, 11:49 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 159 Likes on 139 Posts
Re: Scarface Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD Steelbook --> 6.99 shipped @ FamilyVideo

this was $4.99 with BB U&S i believe.
Old 07-29-13, 11:57 AM

Re: Scarface Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD Steelbook --> 6.99 shipped @ FamilyVideo

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
this was $4.99 with BB U&S i believe.
Yes it was, That's where I got mine. But for those that can't find it or don't want to waste gas or a DVD, another 1.50ish makes this a good deal.
Old 07-29-13, 01:10 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Universal must be readying a new release from a new master which this title deserves. they issued this to quickly capitalize on the format but by using a dated DVD master with upconvert. and they have managed to sell quite a few of these by repackaging it every few months. I can certainly sense a new release. Don't spend more than $5 on this - teach them studios a lesson
Old 07-29-13, 05:21 PM

This steelbook doesn't seem to be very limited like Universal claims. I bought this on Black friday 2011.
Old 07-29-13, 06:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
Universal must be readying a new release from a new master which this title deserves. they issued this to quickly capitalize on the format but by using a dated DVD master with upconvert. and they have managed to sell quite a few of these by repackaging it every few months. I can certainly sense a new release. Don't spend more than $5 on this - teach them studios a lesson
Scarface = September of 2011 release

Meanwhile, Universal has been releasing Blu-rays as of July 2008. So, over 3 years. So, no, they didn't rush it to capitalize on high demand for titles, especially since, you know, Universal held out on Blu-ray until the format war ended.

Universal treats catalog titles like garbage, but it has NOTHING to do with issuing shit quickly.
Old 07-30-13, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 127 Likes on 110 Posts

The main demo that buys Scarface are not checking Blu-ray reviews on the Internet. Universal spends the bare minimum on the transfer and disc itself, issuing it in a variety of different packaging configurations to juice sales. I really don't see a new disc in the offering unless the movie is getting remade.
Old 07-30-13, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FWIW, BJ's Wholesale Club has this title for $7.99.
Old 07-30-13, 09:37 PM
Sem

Costco has this with a different, imho, much better design of steel case for a bit more.