Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

B&N 50% off Criterion blu-ray sale begins July 9th

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-13, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Re: B&N 50% off Criterion blu-ray sale begins July 9th

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55
Sadly, I experienced the same when I tried to use the unique 15% off coupons printed from email. The CSR scanned the coupon and there was a loud beep. Eventually, after a short wait and a talk with the manager she allowed me the discounts (used three of those 15% off coupons). Since the other (and more coupon friendly) BN in my state is shutting down in the next six months, it's going to real difficult to use coupons on any BN Criterion sale in the future.

Anyway picked up:

Tokyo Drifter
The Ice Storm
Things to Come
A little irony that you posted Things to Come as your last title.
Old 08-04-13, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got Repo Man for $19.99 from Amazon when they matched.

Yesterday I stopped in a B&M B&N and picked up The Qatsi Trilogy for $40. I submitted that price to Amazon several times hoping they would match as I have a gift credit with them.
Old 08-05-13, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Only two small orders this go around:
Traffic
Dazed and Confused
12 Angry Men
Repo Man
Old 08-07-13, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

I completely missed the sale this year. Don't they do it again in November?
Old 08-07-13, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
I completely missed the sale this year. Don't they do it again in November?
Yes.
Old 08-07-13, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Yes.
Cool, I thought so, but I couldn't remember it that was the buy 2 get 1 free sale. The 50% sale is a better deal over all, so I'd prefer that. My birthday is in November so I like to treat myself to a few Criterions. Thanks.
Old 08-10-13, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by tofferman
Only two small orders this go around:
Traffic
Dazed and Confused
12 Angry Men
Repo Man
I've officially decided that B&N's Smartmail service sucks big time. First order arrived with a nearly two inch diameter hole in the flimsy cardboard package, resulting in damage to the slipcase for Dazed and Confused and a puncture through the plastic case for Traffic. Second order arrives, Repo Man with a crushed corner on the slipcase, and Twelve Angry Men looks like someone ran their fingernail all over the package...indents everywhere...and a puncture.

There was also someone else's order of two Criterions included with a receipt. Four Criterion's inside of a Smartmail package? What's it take to get a sturdy box? Heck, I'll throw in a buck if that covers the cost and eliminates these challenges for them!

The movies are ultimately what matters most, but I'll admit that I am OCD with my Criterion's! Back these go to the local B&N and I'll instead simply wait for Amazon or Criterion's sale this fall.
Old 08-12-13, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,026 Likes on 725 Posts

Still waiting for them to ship my Devil's Backbone.

I can see I'll have to contact them again before they just cancel it on me.
Old 08-25-13, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,026 Likes on 725 Posts

Aaaand Devil's Backbone still hasn't shipped, yet remains in stock.

2 online chats, 1 telephone call and 1 e-mail and it still just shows an expected ship date of August 22nd.

They still haven't responded to my e-mail which they were supposed to have done within 24 hours, and it's now going on 3 days.

This is fucking ridiculous.
Old 08-27-13, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since this thread is still near the top might as well post this here. B&N is running a B2G1F blu-ray sale. Looks like there might be online restrictions with coupons but have not confirmed it yet. New coupons are supposed to be coming in a few days. There are some titles going for about $30, so you could conceivably get 3 titles for $60 online.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Crit...Y3I-_-10:1&r=1

Buy 2 Criterion Collection Blu-rays, Get a 3rd Free Offer Details

This offer is in effect at BN.com from 12:00 a.m. EST August 27, 2013 to September 30, 2013 at 11:59 EST a.m., and at Barnes & Noble stores from August 27, 2013 to September 30, 2013 at close of business, while supplies last.

Buy two (2) or more qualifying Blu-rays from our Buy 2 Criterion Collection Blu-rays, Get a 3rd Free promotion and get a third, least expensive Blu-ray free! Simply look for the Buy 2 Criterion Collection Blu-rays, Get a 3rd Free product page icon or message or store product label on select Blu-rays.

At BN.com: Simply place 3 or more qualifying Blu-rays in your BN.com Shopping Bag, buy 2 or more of the Blu-rays, and get a third least expensive Blu-ray yours FREE! Your credit for the least expensive Blu-ray will appear at Checkout. Shipping charges may apply.

At Barnes & Noble stores, this offer applies only to the selected Blu-ray titles with a “Buy 2, Get the 3rd Free” label. Buy three (3) or more qualifying Blu-rays and you will get the least expensive Blu-ray free.

Additional Rules Governing this Offer: This offer is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards or eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past or pre-ordered purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of any other products other than Blu-ray discs bearing the Buy 2 Criterion Collection Blu-rays, Get a 3rd Free icon or message (iv) not valid on shipping or handling expenses, or applicable sales tax; (v) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, etc.); and (vi) not valid at Barnes & Noble College retail bookstores or websites. This offer may not be combined with any other coupon or promotion, or with the Educator Discount. Void where prohibited by law. Returns or cancellations that affect the minimum number of items purchased may result in a charge for the item of lesser value originally received as free. You will be responsible to pay any such adjustments; we reserve the right to charge your credit, debit or Gift Card in the amount of such adjustments and will notify you via e-mail of such charge or debit. Barnes&Noble.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.