Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

The one and only Best Buy Reward Zone point thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-13, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The one and only Best Buy Reward Zone point thread

Thanks for starting this thread.

I totally forgot about the 25 pts per product review. I think I only wrote 1 or 2, so I can still do about 6 more. This reminded me that I still have some free points on the table.
Old 07-03-13, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did anyone ever get the 100 points for your first transaction through the RZ online mall? I never did get any points even though I made a purchase at BB through the mall links back in May as required. Points were supposed to post by July 1, which has come and gone. I don't know maybe they are going to post late like the email offer.

Here is the fine print I copied in case anyone forgot about it.

Spoiler:

Get 100 Bonus Points on a Single Transaction
Get Reward Zone points when you shop hundreds of retailers on the Online Mall. Plus, get 100 bonus points for your first Online Mall transaction during the month of May.
Offer expires: 05/31/2013
During the month of May only, shop the Reward Zone Online Mall and get 100 bonus points on your transaction. That's on top of the standard offer. With hundreds of retailers offering Reward Zone points, you're sure to reach your next reward certificate in no time.

Shop now
To get 100 bonus points you must transact on the Reward Zone Online Mall from May 1 — May 31, 2013. In order to transact with any retailer on the Reward Zone Online Mall and get either standard or bonus points for that transaction, you must click through to that retailer by going through the Online Mall on myRZ.com. Limit 1 bonus from this promotion per account, and bonus will be awarded for your first Online Mall transaction during the month of May. Your bonus points should post to your account by July 1, 2013.
Old 07-03-13, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Laser Movies
Did anyone ever get the 100 points for your first transaction through the RZ online mall? I never did get any points even though I made a purchase at BB through the mall links back in May as required. Points were supposed to post by July 1, which has come and gone. I don't know maybe they are going to post late like the email offer.

Here is the fine print I copied in case anyone forgot about it.

Spoiler:

Get 100 Bonus Points on a Single Transaction
Get Reward Zone points when you shop hundreds of retailers on the Online Mall. Plus, get 100 bonus points for your first Online Mall transaction during the month of May.
Offer expires: 05/31/2013
During the month of May only, shop the Reward Zone Online Mall and get 100 bonus points on your transaction. That's on top of the standard offer. With hundreds of retailers offering Reward Zone points, you're sure to reach your next reward certificate in no time.

Shop now
To get 100 bonus points you must transact on the Reward Zone Online Mall from May 1 — May 31, 2013. In order to transact with any retailer on the Reward Zone Online Mall and get either standard or bonus points for that transaction, you must click through to that retailer by going through the Online Mall on myRZ.com. Limit 1 bonus from this promotion per account, and bonus will be awarded for your first Online Mall transaction during the month of May. Your bonus points should post to your account by July 1, 2013.
I had to call them about it and they gave me 250 points
Old 07-03-13, 08:04 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I did the may purchase thing and have yet to see points. I purchased at bestbuy.com too and it doesn't even show as a mall purchase. I thought I was gonna get extra points per dollar spent and it only gave me the regular reward zone amount. I wonder we will have problems getting it if we call.

Last edited by g; 07-03-13 at 08:30 PM.
Old 07-07-13, 05:46 PM
Cool New Member

My points for a purchase I made on BB.com through the online mall didn't post either. I called them and was credited with the 100 points, which bumped me up enough to get a $5 RZ cert. 250 points would have been nicer, though.
Old 07-07-13, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think I'll give it a few more days to see what happens. If I don't see anything by Wednesday I'll give them a call.
Old 07-07-13, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Some RZ point offers for the Walking Dead Season 3 and Spartacus.

Get 250 points on Spartacus Pre-Order and Purchase
Spoiler:

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/off...00a76f801358dc

Get 250 points on Spartacus Pre-Order and Purchase
Get 250 Reward Zone® points with pre-order and purchase of Spartacus: War of the Damned on exclusive DVD and Blu-ray.
Offer expires: 09/02/2013

Spartacus is more determined than ever to bring down the entire Roman Republic. Together with his fellow rebels, he engages in one bloody skirmish after another and prepares for the inevitable: a full-out war with Rome.

Offer available online and in store.

Shop BestBuy.com® and use your member number.

Or shop a Best Buy® store near you. To redeem, provide Reward Zone® member number at purchase.

Reward Zone members get 250 bonus points on qualifying purchases. Must provide Reward Zone member number at time of pre-order and pickup. Must purchase and pick up product within 7 days of street date. Points will post to your account approximately 15 days from time of complete package pickup or shipment. Offer is non-transferable. No cash value. No copies. May not be combined with other bonus point offers. Limit 1 bonus point offer per membership. Valid 7/7/13 - 9/2/13 in Best Buy® stores and at BestBuy.com®.

Get 250 Reward Zone® points with your pre-order and purchase of The Walking Dead Season 3 on DVD or Exclusive Blu-ray/DVD Combo
Spoiler:

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/off...00a76f801358db

Get 250 points on The Walking Dead Season 3
Get 250 Reward Zone® points with your pre-order and purchase of The Walking Dead Season 3 on DVD or Exclusive Blu-ray/DVD Combo.
Offer expires: 08/26/2013

The Walking Dead Season 3 takes you to a desolate, post-apocalyptic and uncertain world where a band of survivors must not only fight the undead but also face an unpredictable and dangerous new foe: the living.

Offer available online and in store.

Shop BestBuy.com® and use your member number.

Or shop a Best Buy® store near you. To redeem, provide Reward Zone® member number at purchase.

Reward Zone members get 250 bonus points on qualifying purchases. Must provide Reward Zone member number at time of pre-order and pickup. Must purchase and pick up product within 7 days of street date. Points will post to your account approximately 15 days from time of complete package pickup or shipment. Offer is non-transferable. No cash value. No copies. May not be combined with other bonus point offers. Limit 1 bonus point offer per membership. Valid 7/7/13 - 8/26/13 in Best Buy® stores and at BestBuy.com®.
Old 07-08-13, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

New Audience Rewards questions for 12 more RZ points.

1. True or False? Newsies is based on a true story. True

2. How many shows has the director of Once directed on Broadway, not including Once? 0

3. Vanessa Williams, of The Trip to Bountiful, has been nominated for how many Grammy Awards? 11

4. True or False? Ted Greenberg's The Complete Performer only performs two nights a week. False

5. What city does Annie take place in? New York City

6. David Hyde Pierce has appeared in all but which of the following musicals? Assassins
Old 07-08-13, 04:16 PM

Thank you Laser!
Old 07-08-13, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thankie!
Old 07-08-13, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Thanks Laser!
Old 07-08-13, 06:18 PM

You rock Laser. Thanks.
Old 07-16-13, 01:49 PM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Laser Movies
I think I'll give it a few more days to see what happens. If I don't see anything by Wednesday I'll give them a call.
Thanks for the reminder and details of the offer. I emailed them and they gave me the 100 points.
Old 07-17-13, 07:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by g
Thanks for the reminder and details of the offer. I emailed them and they gave me the 100 points.
I'm still trying to collect the 500 points from the Facebook Customer Choice app purchase. Over 20 minutes on the phone with BB RZ customer service and they come back and say they could not find a record of the promotion. Emailed them using their contact page and got no response. Emailed them again and received notice that they couldn't add the points to my account because it had been over 180 days since the purchase. I must not not be good at math since I made the purcahse on 3-22. Posted a mesage detailing the problem on their FB page and did get a response asking me to email their FB email address, which I did. Maybe it will get resolved so I can make my last ever BB purchase using my rewards points. I had purchased 2 Blurays at $7.99 each and used a $10 RZ GC for partial payment. One of the Blurays was backordered so BB split the order and applied $5 RZ GC to each order, resulting in two orders less than $10. This should have been easily rectified. I've never seen a company try so hard to avoid paying someone the $10 they owe them. I'm not actually sure now if any company has worse customer service. Excuse my rant.

Last edited by conehead433; 07-21-13 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-20-13, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Thanks, hariseldon!

And here's the Audience Rewards link again, since if you're like me, it's back on page 1 of the thread: https://www.audiencerewards.com/BestBuy/trivia.cfm
Old 07-20-13, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks!
Old 07-20-13, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Awesome, thank you.
Old 07-20-13, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks!!!

Doug
Old 07-20-13, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Thanks hariseldon!
Old 07-21-13, 11:50 AM
Cool New Member

Awesome Hariseldon. Thanks!
Old 07-21-13, 01:39 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks to hariseldon, Laser Movies, and anyone else for providing the answers to the new AR questions when they're available!
Old 07-21-13, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

FYI, there's a change to the Reward Zone rules, effective July 30.

Points will no longer be annualized at the end of the year. Instead, you simply need to have some kind of program activity within the last 12 months to keep your points from "expiring". If you go more than 12 months without activity, then the points will be issued out (just like the annualization) to the nearest certificate threshold, and the rest forfeited.

There's also some kind of change to Reward Zone credit card purchases, but I don't know what the change is, since I don't have or use one.

https://static.bestbuy.com/myrz/web/...2013-07-30.pdf
Old 07-24-13, 11:53 AM

An update for the Reward Zone app was released today and it says that you can check in on the app and get Reward Zone points.
Old 07-29-13, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks hariseldon!!
Old 07-29-13, 09:03 AM
ed

Thank you.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.