Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

4/5 - 4/11: $5.99 - Barry Lyndon, Lolita, others at Frys - B&M and Online with FS

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

4/5 - 4/11: $5.99 - Barry Lyndon, Lolita, others at Frys - B&M and Online with FS

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-13, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

http://www.frys.com/search?plusearch...9983%207290943

Lolita
Valentine's Day
The Rite
Life as we know it
HPOFTP
Final Destination
Blind Side
Batman Begins
Barry Lyndon
Final Destination 5
Due Date
Dark Knight
Unknown
Terminator Salvation
Something Borrowed

EDIT: Yaaaayyy, my 1000th Post. Thanks DVDTalk, its been a great 12 year ride !!!

Last edited by laidbacklarkin; 04-06-13 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-06-13, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 4/5 - 4/11: $5.99 - Barry Lyndon, Lolita, others at Frys - B&M and Online with FS

THANKS! if you hadn't posted this I never would have known about it!

finally getting lolita & barry lyndon!
Old 04-06-13, 04:44 PM

Re: 4/5 - 4/11: $5.99 - Barry Lyndon, Lolita, others at Frys - B&M and Online with FS

Originally Posted by bearkiss

You are welcome, bearkiss. I got the same two titles, nothing else I would spend $5.99 on right now. My Kubrick collection is slowly close to completion
Old 04-06-13, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Or you could just go to Frys.com and click on the weekly ad, usually page 7, every Friday morning. Or you could also look at the weekly Fry's ad on blu-ray dot com that typically has more detail and posts.

I'm one of the few weirdos who's not a Kubrick fan. I'll say that his movies are different (usually not in a good way), but I only enjoyed Dr. Strangelove, The Shining, the HAL portion of 2001. The rest kept me interested enough (due to their weirdness) to watch them all the way through, but I never wanted to own any of the others nor ever see them again. I haven't seen Lolita or Barry Lyndon but I expect I'd have the same reaction. Now if this Kubrick guy didn't purposefully usually go out of his way to shock viewers, I might have a different opinion.
Old 04-06-13, 07:43 PM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,125 Posts

Awesome. Never ordered from Frys. Any way to get free shipping?
Old 04-06-13, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by dogmatica
Awesome. Never ordered from Frys. Any way to get free shipping?
choose 'Ultra Saver' as shipping option
Old 04-06-13, 10:44 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks Laidback..Finally completed the Kubrick collection on bluray and upgraded from my old DVD set.
Old 04-06-13, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks & congrats

Originally Posted by Manzana
Or you could just go to Frys.com and click on the weekly ad, usually page 7, every Friday morning. Or you could also look at the weekly Fry's ad on blu-ray dot com that typically has more detail and posts.
Yeah, why even have this forum!? All this information we have consolidated is available elsewhere!
Old 04-06-13, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana
Why dont you go there.
Old 04-06-13, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
EDIT: Yaaaayyy, my 1000th Post. Thanks DVDTalk, its been a great 12 year ride !!!
noob.
Old 04-07-13, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I only see 62 posts
Old 04-07-13, 11:13 AM

Same here, glad I waited on these. Still need to get Fear And Desire to complete my Kubrick blu's. Thanks OP!

Last edited by popegregFKAgoblin23; 04-13-13 at 04:07 AM.
Old 04-07-13, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks for the heads up, OP. Like others, I'm slowly upgrading my Kubrick collection to Blu-ray with the purchase of Barry Lyndon and Lolita from this sale.
Old 04-07-13, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts

Wow. Done! I've been needing to upgrade Barry Lyndon and Lolita. Sweet deal.
Old 04-07-13, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couldn't justify upgrading Lolita as I purchased the DVD but have yet to watch it. But I never bought Lyndon so that was an easy decision.
Old 04-07-13, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks Larkin!

I went to checkout on the site and it said that LOLITA was only available in the store and not for shipping to home. ??? So I chose Store Pickup and now I'm waiting for the confirmation that my order went through.

A great deal, but with WB you never know. Watch them include these two with another movie in one of their shelf space saving triple feature Blu sets for the same total price as these two.
Old 04-07-13, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
Thanks Larkin!

I went to checkout on the site and it said that LOLITA was only available in the store and not for shipping to home. ??? So I chose Store Pickup and now I'm waiting for the confirmation that my order went through.

A great deal, but with WB you never know. Watch them include these two with another movie in one of their shelf space saving triple feature Blu sets for the same total price as these two.
They must have sold the online inventory for Lolita because it was definitely available online when I ordered. I don't have a Fry's anywhere near me, so in-store wouldn't have even been an option for me.
Old 04-07-13, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jdpatri
Couldn't justify upgrading Lolita as I purchased the DVD but have yet to watch it. But I never bought Lyndon so that was an easy decision.
Why does not having watched the dvd influence a purchase?
Old 04-07-13, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by clckworang
They must have sold the online inventory for Lolita because it was definitely available online when I ordered. I don't have a Fry's anywhere near me, so in-store wouldn't have even been an option for me.
I received the notice saying they are holding a copy of both for me at the store so while it's not as convenient as having it shipped to home, at least the Frys store is not very far from me. I still have a rain check for JEREMIAH JOHNSON Blu so maybe they will have that in stock as well.

I'm still leery of buying these WB titles alone though as I bet they will triple them up sooner or later.
Old 04-07-13, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
I received the notice saying they are holding a copy of both for me at the store so while it's not as convenient as having it shipped to home, at least the Frys store is not very far from me. I still have a rain check for JEREMIAH JOHNSON Blu so maybe they will have that in stock as well.

I'm still leery of buying these WB titles alone though as I bet they will triple them up sooner or later.
its invariably bound to happen. you can then trade these singles to Amazon for some store credit, which is what I usually do if the future triple packs do come at an attractive price like on the last U&S round in BB
Old 04-07-13, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 331 Likes on 250 Posts

Why does not having watched the dvd influence a purchase?
For me, it's both to prevent spending money and adding more discs to the collection. If I've already bought the DVD but haven't watched it, that shows the movie is a low priority. Usually before buying any movie on a new format that I already have on an older one, I'll watch my older copy on my current setup to both make sure I actually like the movie, and also to verify that that copy I have is lacking enough in quality to justify upgrading. Since I'm an obsessive collector, I won't get rid of any previous copies of a movie that I might re-buy in a newer format.
Old 04-07-13, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
its invariably bound to happen. you can then trade these singles to Amazon for some store credit, which is what I usually do if the future triple packs do come at an attractive price like on the last U&S round in BB
I bet they do LOLITA, BARRY LYNDON and FULL METAL JACKET as a triple Blu package. For the time being, I'm not going to open the LO and LYNDON I picked up at Fry's today and will patiently wait to see if WB dips again.
Old 04-07-13, 11:30 PM

Didn't see most of these in my local store when I went yesterday. Oh well. I did manage to find the Hellboy animated Blu ray (Sword of Storms and Blood & Iron) with a $3 sticker on it. Took it to checkout and it rang up as $2. The clerk thought it was a mistake and verified that it was correct. So, it wasn't a wasted trip.
Old 04-08-13, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
For me, it's both to prevent spending money and adding more discs to the collection. If I've already bought the DVD but haven't watched it, that shows the movie is a low priority. Usually before buying any movie on a new format that I already have on an older one, I'll watch my older copy on my current setup to both make sure I actually like the movie, and also to verify that that copy I have is lacking enough in quality to justify upgrading. Since I'm an obsessive collector, I won't get rid of any previous copies of a movie that I might re-buy in a newer format.
Mostly. This. There are so many new movies to discover and watch. I would rather track down something new to add to my collection rather than double up on one I already own especially if I haven't even opened that movie. If haven't watched a movie in the five years I've owned it I can't justify replacing it with a better version I also wouldn't watch unless it's one of my favorites.
Old 04-08-13, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If the Blu Ray gets good reviews I usually will sell my standard copy of the same title. Sometimes I make more selling the standard version than what the Blu cost me, but if not, at least it covers some of the cost of upgrading.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.