Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase One: Avengers Assembled [10 Discs / Blu-Ray]

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-13, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase One: Avengers Assembled [10 Discs / Blu-Ray]

Anyone picking this up? I wonder if Best Buy is going to sell this in the store. Would be nice since Amazon & Target have it cheaper.

$179.99
Best Buy - Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase One: Avengers Assembled [10 Discs / Blu-ray] (Blu-ray Disc)

$149.99
Amazon - Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase One: Avengers Assembled [10 Discs / Blu-ray] (Blu-ray Disc)

$149.99
Target - Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase One: Avengers Assembled [10 Discs / Blu-ray] (Blu-ray Disc)

Last edited by Blu Soul; 03-31-13 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-30-13, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase One: Avengers Assembled [10 Discs / Blu-Ray]

Got my ship notice from Amazon today. Been waiting forever but glad I never cancelled, $139 is a great price.
Old 03-30-13, 10:55 PM

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase One: Avengers Assembled [10 Discs / Blu-Ray]

Is this set going to be sold at retail stores?
Old 03-31-13, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Swiski
Is this set going to be sold at retail stores?
BB & Target have it on their sites, but I dunno about in the store itself

Last edited by Blu Soul; 03-31-13 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-31-13, 02:36 PM

Sam's Club will also carry a few but will probably not restock once the initial ones are sold out.
Old 03-31-13, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't like sets like these or the Tarantino XX box which basically punish the fans of the films/filmmakers who have purchased the movies as they became available over the years by making interesting new bonuses available only to newcomers or those willing to rebuy all their old titles to get the new stuff.

Sorry, Marvel, I paid to see all your movies in the theaters and then bought the Blu-rays and don't appreciate the opportunity to hand you another $150 to get a "sneak peek" of something. The fact that The Avengers had one of the thinnest, most EPK-fluff laden extras bundles in a year that had lousy to mediocre movies like The Dark Knight Reloaded, Amazing Spider-Man, and especially Prometheus come loaded for bear with in-depth extras out the wazoo doubles my displeasure. Also hurting is that some eye-popping clips about the Avengers VFX got left to run on ILM's YouTube channel instead of being on the disc really flattens your bang-for-buck ratio. Lame, lame, LAME! [mad face]
Old 03-31-13, 05:29 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't see why this is in bargains instead of basic HD talk. $150 for fancy packaging on discs anyone wanting them has had a LONG, LONG time to get is insanity.
Old 03-31-13, 08:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeez, look at that thing. In a year it will be on clearance.
Old 04-01-13, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
I don't like sets like these or the Tarantino XX box which basically punish the fans of the films/filmmakers who have purchased the movies as they became available over the years by making interesting new bonuses available only to newcomers or those willing to rebuy all their old titles to get the new stuff.

Sorry, Marvel, I paid to see all your movies in the theaters and then bought the Blu-rays and don't appreciate the opportunity to hand you another $150 to get a "sneak peek" of something. The fact that The Avengers had one of the thinnest, most EPK-fluff laden extras bundles in a year that had lousy to mediocre movies like The Dark Knight Reloaded, Amazing Spider-Man, and especially Prometheus come loaded for bear with in-depth extras out the wazoo doubles my displeasure. Also hurting is that some eye-popping clips about the Avengers VFX got left to run on ILM's YouTube channel instead of being on the disc really flattens your bang-for-buck ratio. Lame, lame, LAME! [mad face]
well i was able to sell my Iron Man 2 Target Blu Ray Steelbook/Thor Blu Ray w/ Exclusive Best Buy slipcover and the regular editions of Capt. America and The Avengers for $120 on ebay so recouped back more than i initially paid for them and have this set nearly paid off--just waiting to see if Target will have it in store on Tuesday otherwise i'll keep my Amazon preorder which says it'll arrive 4/4
Old 04-01-13, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Aren't you losing features from the Avengers Blu-ray set? I'd rather buy all of these movies individually. I've never seen a movie studio actually make it worthwhile to get a collection of movies when they already sold them individually years before (except for The Ultimate Matrix set, I think).
Old 04-01-13, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Not from the Avengers, but you're missing the second discs from the Iron Man movies.
Old 04-01-13, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Didn't Avengers have a CD or something with it. 2nd discs from Iron Man movies? Dang, that's not good.
Old 04-01-13, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by joltman
Not from the Avengers, but you're missing the second discs from the Iron Man movies.
The bonus disc contains bonus stuff from all the films. There's some new stuff not on the existing discs but there might be the old stuff to.
Old 04-01-13, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Glad I canceled my pre-order. The set looks very cheap and flimsy. It comes with a lot of mock documents which would only appeal to the most extreme fan-boy. The clincher for me was the blu-ray cases are cheap slide in pouches which almost always scratches up the disc.
Old 04-01-13, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

BR discs are scratch resistant, unlike DVDs, so it shouldn't be a problem anymore. Instead, the coating makes BR crack more.
Old 04-01-13, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by gmerreighnjr
well i was able to sell my Iron Man 2 Target Blu Ray Steelbook/Thor Blu Ray w/ Exclusive Best Buy slipcover and the regular editions of Capt. America and The Avengers for $120 on ebay so recouped back more than i initially paid for them and have this set nearly paid off--just waiting to see if Target will have it in store on Tuesday otherwise i'll keep my Amazon preorder which says it'll arrive 4/4
Best Buy says online only, Target states "not sold in stores"

Last edited by Blu Soul; 04-01-13 at 09:04 PM.
Old 04-02-13, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

I've got one on the way from Amazon and can't remember for the life of me when & why I ordered it. Ugh.
Old 04-02-13, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ytrez
I've got one on the way from Amazon and can't remember for the life of me when & why I ordered it. Ugh.
If you go to the product page at amazon, you can click the link at the top that says you ordered it and you'll get all the info.

Last year when it was up for preorder, it was only $140.
Old 04-02-13, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,077 Likes on 652 Posts

I got mine in today and think it looks rather cool. My son love it and was really impressed with the cube.

Yeah, the case looks kinda cheap but what did you expect...a metal case for $150 or less? I like how the interior and the cube glows blue when you open it up. The files and junk in their are neat if you like that sorta stuff. And I love the artwork on the cases. I am of the opinion that every freaking extra, from the Target disc to any prior extras for all the movies, should have been included for this price. I honestly don't watch many extras usually but they still should have been included.
Old 04-02-13, 06:23 PM
Cool New Member

I put in the bonus disc but can't find the part of the sneak peek at Iron Man 3. What do I do or what disc is it on? The shield bonus disc just show deletes scenes and animatics of the Phase one movies
Old 04-03-13, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The best offer so far was Amazon, on top of $139.99 I was able to snag a free Avengers Blu-ray Combo (Offer to the folks who pre-ordered prior Sept 25, 2012)

Old 04-03-13, 07:43 AM

I sort of like it too, just received it today and glad I bought it.
Old 04-03-13, 08:41 PM

Still waiting for mine to come in from Target
Old 04-03-13, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got mine today. Eh. It's ok. If I didn't make more selling the films individually, I really wouldn't have bought it.
Old 04-04-13, 05:45 PM

Hey everyone, first time long time here. I got mine today and I think, for the most part, that it's well done. The biggest letdown was that they simply reused discs from the previous releases. For some reason I never bought any of these titles so I jumped on this.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.