Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Upgrade and Save coming back! 1/13 - 2/2

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-13, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Upgrade and Save coming back! 1/13 - 2/2

Originally Posted by Manzana
One other thing... people were talking about Dredd 3D BD being $14.99 AC. So I checked all of my stores and not a single one had it in stock! This was a recent release, right? So I had to express lane that one, and $14.99 is a lot for a blind buy, but enough people spoke positively of it.
None of my local stores show Dredd in stock either. If you search online there's lots of talk about people getting seemingly defective Dredd discs from Best Buy. The discs reportedly didn't play in PS3 systems and many other BD players, particularly Sony. Speculation was that Best Buy received some bad batches, and subsequently sent them all back.
Old 01-30-13, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Went to a different store today, prices before coupons
The Princess Bride (9.99)
Westerns Unchained ($12.99)

$3.16 out the door after coupons and $10 in RZ certificates

I think I'll go back to this store on Satruday since they have Arachnophobia and I have 2 more dvds to trade in
Old 01-30-13, 06:31 PM

Well I lucked out on Office Space/Napoleon Dynamite but not the other. I also got Hook. The people that work there are so stupid fyi. I was in a rush so we got someone to "help" us which basically meant looking on every shelf for it. Um, I can do that myself. I asked him to look on the computer which doesn't tell you where you can find the movie you want and although it said they had them in stock (Hook that is) he said "well they have a cushion of either an extra 5 or minus 5 that may or may not have." Great. After his "help" I found it within 2 seconds on my own.

Tomorrow I shall try the other store for Something About Mary/Dodgeball. *fingers crossed* I also saw the shelf for Casablanca but just not in stock, fyi.
Old 01-30-13, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by obispo21
I picked up the Predator / Predator 2 "Own the Moments" set . It did contain 2 discs, the Predator "Ultimate Hunter Edition" and Predator 2.

It's *very* possible I'm mistaken, but I also have a vague memory of seeing a posted picture of the X-Files Double Feature where both movies were on one disc. (I think it was a few months back, perhaps on the AVS Forum or the Blu-ray.com forum.)

If you give the case a light shake against your ear, the 2-disc cases tend to rattle a bit more. I was doing that in the store when I bought Predator... probably looked pretty silly on the security camera.

=======================

Edit - I think I was indeed mistaken. This thread says the X-Files double feature was 2-disc.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....es#post6592406
You can also push in the middle of the front cover and feel the hub of the 2nd disc if it is there. I would like some confirmation on these Fox double features. I hope they are the original separate discs (or the first disc) and did not drop anything. Though it bothers me a bit not to have them in separate cases with separate cover art, it's just not worth the extra cash.

It looks like from Amazon that Crazy Heart is a 2D BD. What is the 2nd disc? Is is Spec. Features or just a DC?

Can't believe I just bought 6 more today. I'm glad this U&S is over.
Old 01-30-13, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by tofferman
For those who are having trouble finding certain blu-rays in stock, did you try to order them through express lane? It's worth a shot...
Yup, it worked for me. I got tired of them never having Casablanca or Network in stock, so I took the stock tags and went to ask the media employee about them, and he directed me to the Express Lane. The guy there was totally happy to place the order, shipped to my home (Expedited, since I'm Premier Silver) and manually took off the $5 each for the U&S coupons. He even let me keep the coupons.

Technically, they could probably deny it, since the wording on the coupon says "in-stock titles only". But if you've got a willing employee...
Old 01-30-13, 07:36 PM

Express Lane - Just go to customer service and tell them what I want to order?
Old 01-30-13, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by Preterite
I imagine it'd be a lot like The Blair Witch Project - lots of pointless arguments and weeping into the camera, but in the end nothing much happens.

Originally Posted by Shagrath
If this is such a huge deal to you, why don't you get the ball rolling and start the thread yourself? You could add in the information you know from your multi-packs and other people could chime in with their information.
He won't. Or if he does, I will be shocked. He posts Amazon DVD deals in the Blu-ray bargains thread all the time, and each time he does, he uses the same line about how he can't believe there isn't a thread about it. I don't understand why he thinks he can't start a thread on his own.
Old 01-30-13, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by fan1bsb97
Express Lane - Just go to customer service and tell them what I want to order?
You might want to ask someone where it's at. The store I was at, Express Lane was on the other side of the counter from Customer Service.
Old 01-30-13, 08:58 PM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

I haven't seen this mentioned before but while at Best Buy and not being able to find anything I wanted, I asked for help from a blue shirt and was told she couldn't help because Best Buy's music and movie sections are managed by a 3rd party. The clerk(s) who work movie and music left at 5 PM. She could check the Best Buy computer to see if they had stock. which they did, but couldn't tell me where the stock was when I couldn't find it. She said this has been true for a while and was not new. Anyone else heard about this ?
Old 01-30-13, 09:01 PM

The guy at the store today told me "No one really works movies..."
Old 01-30-13, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Classic Films
I haven't seen this mentioned before but while at Best Buy and not being able to find anything I wanted, I asked for help from a blue shirt and was told she couldn't help because Best Buy's music and movie sections are managed by a 3rd party. The clerk(s) who work movie and music left at 5 PM. She could check the Best Buy computer to see if they had stock. which they did, but couldn't tell me where the stock was when I couldn't find it. She said this has been true for a while and was not new. Anyone else heard about this ?
Yes. It is indeed a 3rd party.
Old 01-30-13, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks

Can't believe I just bought 6 more today. I'm glad this U&S is over.
Dont worry, you still have 3 days left to buy more...
Old 01-30-13, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd B.
You might want to ask someone where it's at. The store I was at, Express Lane was on the other side of the counter from Customer Service.
Which store was this at Aiea or Iwilei? I have a couple of coupons left and would like to use them instead of being forced to buy something just cause I have coupons.
Old 01-30-13, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Was I the only one who bought the Die Hard collection for $24.99 w/ the coupon?

Geez all you cheap bastards and the $4.99 titles.
Old 01-30-13, 09:23 PM

Bought these today....

Seven Psychopaths
Ted
Fifth Element/Gattaca
The Thompsons
Excision
________
Old 01-30-13, 09:24 PM

I've found it frustrating that whenever I call to see if they have a movie in stock they only check their PC. They seem to no longer walk over to see if it's there.
Old 01-30-13, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Did anyone get the Exclusive Bonus $5 RZ Certificate that was mailed out last week? I got that along with the 3X RZ Points Coupon.

Going back to the Dark Knight deal that Deftones mentioned. I think I will try to see if this works.

The Dark Knight Returns: $16.99 after U&S coupon

The Dark Knight Returns II $9.99 after U&S coupon

- $5 bonus RZ coupon

- $ manufacturer coupon for buying both.

Grand total= $16.98 + tax if this works without a hitch.

Everytime I've used a manufacturer coupon, the cashier normally takes it off after hitting total with a MFTG coupon button on their register. Those coupons don't scan in their system.
Old 01-30-13, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55
Which store was this at Aiea or Iwilei? I have a couple of coupons left and would like to use them instead of being forced to buy something just cause I have coupons.
Aiea. Express Lane is on the Geek Squad side of the counter.
Old 01-30-13, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

What is this Express Lane I'm hearing of?
Old 01-30-13, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Todd B.
Aiea. Express Lane is on the Geek Squad side of the counter.
Ok, thanks I think I know where it is now. Crap, I was just there today. I have to say though Aiea is far better stocked than the Iwilei one.

I really have to wonder about how Best Buy stocks their movies. They seem to have a gazillion copies of certain films (Savages, Taken 2 for example) and then on some titles which are on sale and there is a display rack they have absolutely nothing.
Old 01-30-13, 10:24 PM

Stole this pic from someone at Blu-ray.com. Thought it'd be helpful for those that have bought the FOX 2-packs.

Old 01-30-13, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Dont worry, you still have 3 days left to buy more...
Can't believe I actually bought almost 70 titles, well over 100 movies. I'm gonna be busy now ebaying all my dups from the double/triple packs to recoup a little of the cost.
Old 01-30-13, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This has just been an insane deal. Best Buy is literally giving me items almost every single day. For most of what I've picked up I haven't spent a single dime. I've been taking in three old cell phones and getting a $15 gift card for them and then using that to pay for my titles. I have been getting the $5 coupons from some DVDs I had left over, and then I started getting a bunch from having them see if I'm eligible for a cell phone upgrade. Then with all of that mix in the reward zone certificates from doing the polls, and I really haven't had to pay much at all out of pocket.

Today I even pricematched the TigerDirect deal on Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs in store to get it for $5 (on which I used one of the gift cards).

I have no clue what Best Buy is thinking right now, but I'm milking it for all it's worth!
Old 01-30-13, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SethDLH
What is this Express Lane I'm hearing of?
See my post (#490) on the previous page.

Apparently express lane is usually used to order electronics versus media, so when I asked about ordering a blu-ray this way, the cs rep said he hadn't done that before but he was interested in finding out if it was possible.

He has to manually adjust the price down for the u&s coupon and they can ship to store or to your home. I suspect this is ymmv though, based on blu-ray.com postings I've read. It pays to be really polite and a frequent customer.
Old 01-30-13, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For those who have used express lane, is it possible to use RZ certificates with your orders?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.