Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Upgrade and Save coming back! 1/13 - 2/2

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-13, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Upgrade and Save coming back! 1/13 - 2/2

I'm running out of stuff to buy for this. lol Hopefully, I can find 5 or 10 more things before it's done Saturday.
Old 01-28-13, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Didn't realize the sale ended this Saturday... this one seemed to fly by. I've got a couple discs to trade in hopefully the store I'm trying has something.
Old 01-28-13, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maxflier
While we are complaining about Best Buy, what is up with their kiosks? For the past few months, anytime I look up an item on the kiosk the part at the top of the screen that says if the store has the item or not never works. It just sits there like it is loading but never stops. And this is at all Best Buy stores I go to, not just 1 in particular.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I still use the kiosk to find prices and things on sale and all of that, but I used to use it to find in store stock as well. It used to work every time, but for the past six months or so it is almost as if they have disabled that feature entirely. Just like you said, the message at the top of the page just sits there and acts like it's loading but it never changes.

I have no idea why they would have disabled it, but that is how it seems to me. It forces me to have to interact with their employees even more often now, ugh. They can still take the SKU from the page I can get on and put it into their employee section and it still works fine. Oh Best Buy...
Old 01-28-13, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

It happens at the one near me as well. & the same store pickup that works from home usually shows unavailable yet they have sometimes 10 copies of an item in store..
Old 01-28-13, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by Timber
Columbia, MD. Not one to be found although it could be the wacky order they're putting things in now but I assume it should be in Drama?
I haven't been able to find any copies of American Beauty at my Best Buy, either.
Old 01-28-13, 07:58 PM

Picked up Moonrise Kingdom today, so I'm expecting the inevitable Criterion announcement within 3-6 months.
Old 01-28-13, 11:02 PM

The Best Buy I went to today had a bunch of double and triple features on sale. I took a quick video. This is what I can make out.

$9.99
Date Night/Mr. & Mrs. Smith
Death Race 1 & 2
Dodgeball/There's Something About Mary
Fantastic Four 1 & 2
Friday Night Lights/The Express
Just Wright/Our Family Wedding
Me, Myself & Irene/Shallow Hal
A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 & 3
Office Space/Napolean Dynamite
Predator 1 & 2
Smokin' Aces 1 & 2
Spy Game/State of Play
Walk the Line/Crazy Heart (I got this one)
*Eraser/Collateral Damage (on bestbuy.com but no sticker at the store I went to)
*Wyatt Earp/The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford ( " )

Other
Biutiful/No Country for Old Men $16.99
Brooklyn's Finest/Stone $14.99
Cop Land/First Blood/Lock Up $16.99
Marvel Animated Features: 3-Movie Collection $14.99
Matrix 2 & 3 $8.99 (don't you hate it when they make 'em $8.99 during U&S)
My Cousin Vinny/Back to School/City Slickers $16.99 (I think)
Old 01-28-13, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Went by the Best Buy that rejected me on the infamous Master Card coupon and they tired to give me the not on sale price dance.

Took a bit of convincing but I was able to get them to do it, the asshat manager from the last time was hovering in the vicinity since he saw me come in and I was just waiting for him to step in and deny the whole thing.

Is this what it feels like to be Manzana?

Anyway caved on

Re-Animator for $5
&
Dredd for $15

Last edited by SterlingBen; 01-28-13 at 11:59 PM.
Old 01-29-13, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
Took a bit of convincing but I was able to get them to do it, the asshat manager from the last time was hovering in the vicinity since he saw me come in and I was just waiting for him to step in and deny the whole thing.

Is this what it feels like to be Manzana?
Only the manager and a couple supervisors at my trouble-maker store know or recognize me, so when they are patrolling, the answer is yes if I'm using any sort of a coupon or PM. When the manager is walking around and I'm making a purchase, I just wait for him to show up and inspect it in hopes of a denial. Fortunately he's usually not near the registers. If they're not around, then it's no different for me than most people. I already have new info from talking to a couple other employees that the majority of people get denied coupons in this store... not just me.

I actually know 1 employee at my trouble-maker store who is nice and witnessed some of the ridiculous denials by the manager, and he was sympathetic towards me, so whenever he is there lately he has helped me out to do a few things that I know nobody else there would do. The problem is I don't know his schedule.
Old 01-29-13, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Brent L
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I still use the kiosk to find prices and things on sale and all of that, but I used to use it to find in store stock as well. It used to work every time, but for the past six months or so it is almost as if they have disabled that feature entirely. Just like you said, the message at the top of the page just sits there and acts like it's loading but it never changes.
I've also encountered this same issue at all the Best Buy's I frequent except for the one that never turns the kiosk on anymore and the one that removed the kiosk. Good ole Best Buy.
Old 01-29-13, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I've never ever used the kiosk. I just use the Best Buy app on my Android. You can check any price on that by scanning the item.
Old 01-29-13, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

So there might be a pretty smoking deal on The Dark Knight Returns Pts. 1 and 2, but I would guess this is a YMMV situation.

Pt. 1 is $21.99 - $5 (UGS) = $16.99
Pt. 2 is $14.99 - $5 (UGS) = $9.99

Thing is, there's also a $5 manufacturer coupon on the slipcover Pt. 2 that works if you buy both copies at the same time. So, that's potentially $16.99+$9.99-$5 = $21.98.

YMMV because people have said there are issues using manufacturer coupons and other coupons at the same time. BB is supposed to honor a manufacturer coupon and the store coupon, since they are different, but many have reported they won't.

Last edited by Deftones; 01-29-13 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-29-13, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
So there might be a pretty smoking deal on The Dark Knight Returns Pts. 1 and 2, but I would guess this is a YMMV situation.

Pt. 1 is $21.99 - $5 (UGS) = $16.99
Pt. 2 is $14.99 - $5 (UGS) = $9.99

Thing is, there's also a $5 manufacturer coupon on Pt. 2 that works if you buy both copies at the same time. So, that's potentially $16.99+$9.99-$5 = $21.98.

YMMV because people have said there are issues using manufacturer coupons and other coupons at the same time. BB is supposed to honor a manufacturer coupon and the store coupon, since they are different, but many have reported they won't.
So where is this other coupon? Do you have a link?
Old 01-29-13, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

I would suggest Manzana trying this deal out and reporting back to us?
Old 01-29-13, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
So where is this other coupon? Do you have a link?
Sorry. It's on the slipcover of Pt. 2.
Old 01-29-13, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll be giving the Dark Knight deal a shot tonight, provided I get out of the office at a decent hour.
Old 01-29-13, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Everything $4.99 except DKR pt 2

Trip 1
Beverly Hills Cop
Re-Animator
16 Blocks/Last Man Standing/Last Boy Scout
John Q/The Pelican Brief/Training Day
Glory

Trip 2
Restrepo
I Saw the Devil
Perfect Storm/Posiedon/Twister
Superman 1, 2, Returns

Trip 3
Get the Gringo
Got the Mastercard coupon rejected

Trip 4
Dark Knight Returns Part 2 with Joker $15
Mean Girls
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Last edited by cleaver; 01-30-13 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-29-13, 02:27 PM

Besides the one poster above, did anyone else see Office Space/Napeloeon Dynamite; Something About Mary/Dodgeball?

It says not available for in store pickup online so I ordered them hoping to do a return and re buy, but in case they're not delivered in time I want to make sure I get the deal.
Old 01-29-13, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Pretty pleased with this deal. Over the course of the past 2 1/2 weeks picked up:

Eternal Sunshine
Friends with Benefits
The Breakfast Club
The Big Lebowski
Field of Dreams
Dick Tracy
Taken 2
Ted
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days
Scrooged
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
The Dark Knight, Pt. 2
Moonrise Kingdom
Old 01-29-13, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by fan1bsb97
Besides the one poster above, did anyone else see Office Space/Napeloeon Dynamite; Something About Mary/Dodgeball
I saw those in-store on Sunday. Not many copies though.
Old 01-29-13, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just got back from my, almost daily, visit to Best Buy. This time, it was the best and worst of what they have to offer. I went in with two $5 coupons but decided to go to the cell phone center and get one more. The guy was just awesome, and it only took a few seconds. He knew exactly what I was doing. After that I went to look through the movies. I decided earlier in the day to try to find the Spy Kids 3D/SB&LG3D combo pack to get it for $10 if for no other reason than for the 3D effects, which I hear are pretty great. I checked BestBuy.com before I went and it said "NOT AVAILABLE", but I still tried to find it.

Anyway, while I was looking for it the guy that did the cell phone upgrade thing for me walked around the corner, and said here ya go man, and handed me two more coupons just for the heck of it. Pretty cool! While he was there I asked him to look in the system for me for that 3D combo, and he looked it up and it said they had one in stock. We looked around for it together, and sure enough we found the one single copy on the shelf. I said many thanks, and I was ready to leave.

On my way out I thought about the Batman deal, and thought I'd give that a shot so I picked up Part 1 and 2 and went to checkout.

I don't really need to go into too many details, but here is where the worst of Best Buy comes into play. The guy couldn't wrap his head around me wanting to use the $5 off coupons on each BD, the fact that I wanted to use a few Reward Zone certificates, a gift card, and then of course the $5 off Batman coupon. He did something, it locked the system, so I had to wait forever for someone to come cancel that invoice and then we started over. Everything was going just fine the second time, but then the second guy started to say I could only use one $5 upgrade coupon per transaction, which is blatantly false. Then he started to say that "copies" weren't allowed, and I had to explain how those coupons were given to me directly from customer service and I had to point out exactly who it was, and he said well ok and finally let me check out.

So in the end, I got the 3D combo pack, Batman Part 1, and Batman Part 2 for $3.88 out of my pocket. After coupons and everything it was $32.88, but I used $20 in certificates and then around $9 or so remaining on a gift card.
Old 01-29-13, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent L
I just got back from my, almost daily, visit to Best Buy. This time, it was the best and worst of what they have to offer. I went in with two $5 coupons but decided to go to the cell phone center and get one more. The guy was just awesome, and it only took a few seconds. He knew exactly what I was doing. After that I went to look through the movies. I decided earlier in the day to try to find the Spy Kids 3D/SB&LG3D combo pack to get it for $10 if for no other reason than for the 3D effects, which I hear are pretty great. I checked BestBuy.com before I went and it said "NOT AVAILABLE", but I still tried to find it.

Anyway, while I was looking for it the guy that did the cell phone upgrade thing for me walked around the corner, and said here ya go man, and handed me two more coupons just for the heck of it. Pretty cool! While he was there I asked him to look in the system for me for that 3D combo, and he looked it up and it said they had one in stock. We looked around for it together, and sure enough we found the one single copy on the shelf. I said many thanks, and I was ready to leave.

On my way out I thought about the Batman deal, and thought I'd give that a shot so I picked up Part 1 and 2 and went to checkout.

I don't really need to go into too many details, but here is where the worst of Best Buy comes into play. The guy couldn't wrap his head around me wanting to use the $5 off coupons on each BD, the fact that I wanted to use a few Reward Zone certificates, a gift card, and then of course the $5 off Batman coupon. He did something, it locked the system, so I had to wait forever for someone to come cancel that invoice and then we started over. Everything was going just fine the second time, but then the second guy started to say I could only use one $5 upgrade coupon per transaction, which is blatantly false. Then he started to say that "copies" weren't allowed, and I had to explain how those coupons were given to me directly from customer service and I had to point out exactly who it was, and he said well ok and finally let me check out.

So in the end, I got the 3D combo pack, Batman Part 1, and Batman Part 2 for $3.88 out of my pocket. After coupons and everything it was $32.88, but I used $20 in certificates and then around $9 or so remaining on a gift card.
Getting a deal at BB requires some inconveniences haha. So far I've had no problems but my trip tomorrow will undoubtedly change that
Old 01-29-13, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Couldn't find much on my "wish list" a had made out before going in today.

No signs of The Thing '82 despite showing as available in store. Could not find the Eastwood 2 pack of Every Which Way But Loose/Any Which Way You Can despite others saying their stores were restocking.

I did end up getting the Smokin Aces 2-pack for 4.99 and Hotel Transylvania 3D for 14.99 after U&S, $5 RZ cert via fb polls and $5 Applebees cpn.
Old 01-29-13, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I've never ever used the kiosk. I just use the Best Buy app on my Android. You can check any price on that by scanning the item.
I'm not using the kiosk to check prices, I can do that on my phone too. I use it to see if they actually have an item in-store.
Old 01-29-13, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
Couldn't find much on my "wish list" a had made out before going in today.

No signs of The Thing '82 despite showing as available in store. Could not find the Eastwood 2 pack of Every Which Way But Loose/Any Which Way You Can despite others saying their stores were restocking.

I did end up getting the Smokin Aces 2-pack for 4.99 and Hotel Transylvania 3D for 14.99 after U&S, $5 RZ cert via fb polls and $5 Applebees cpn.
I saw "The Thing '82" in the $7.99 bin today.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.