Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Upgrade and Save coming back! 1/13 - 2/2

Yes, it is.
Old 01-31-13, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Torchur317 View Post
Fifth Element/Gattaca
How much was it? I saw it but it didn't scan with my Best Buy app and I didn't bother asking an employee.

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks View Post
Can't believe I actually bought almost 70 titles, well over 100 movies. I'm gonna be busy now ebaying all my dups from the double/triple packs to recoup a little of the cost.
Sounds exactly like me.
Old 01-31-13, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Brent L View Post
This has just been an insane deal. Best Buy is literally giving me items almost every single day.

I have no clue what Best Buy is thinking right now, but I'm milking it for all it's worth!
Cool. You obviously live in a different area than I do as my local store would never PM Tiger Direct. I got a cell phone upgrade coupon a week ago and tried a week later at my unfavorite store. The cell phone guy refused and said "you already did it here last week". I didn't remember him, but I guess it's so important that they don't give anyone a second $5 coupon that they only hire people with super memories. I think most stores probably don't care.

I'm all in favor of anyone sticking it to them, so keep at it, BrentL!
Old 01-31-13, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Timber View Post
Picked up Ted, Friends with Benifits, and something else I can't remember yesterday for $25. My wife was with me and she said "wow that's a good deal" followed by "well I wonder how much you originally spent on the DVD's?"

Still looking for American Beauty and LA Confidential. Sad that I have DVD's in my car just in case I go by a Best Buy.
Originally Posted by IJMSPORT View Post
I've seen a bunch of American Beauty discs.. Where are you located?
Originally Posted by Timber View Post
Columbia, MD. Not one to be found although it could be the wacky order they're putting things in now but I assume it should be in Drama?
Originally Posted by clckworang View Post
I haven't been able to find any copies of American Beauty at my Best Buy, either.
I've seen American Beauty on an endcap with other $9.99 titles. I really should take pictures of the endcaps so people know what to look for.
Old 01-31-13, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Picked up some more today....

Taps
Stake Land
Gods and Generals
Fantastic Four double feature
Shallow Hal/Me, Myself, & Irene
Old 01-31-13, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks View Post
Stole this pic from someone at Blu-ray.com. Thought it'd be helpful for those that have bought the FOX 2-packs.

Something interesting... I bought the Predator / Predator 2 release at Best Buy a couple days back, but my Predator disc is different / has a different silk screen.

The set I got had the "Ultimate Hunter Edition" in it. I think the disc in that image is the original release. Perhaps Fox isn't differentiating, and is just using whatever excess discs they have on hand.
Old 01-31-13, 01:09 PM

I'm going to try express lane with:

Big
Dodgeball/There's Something About Mary
Casablanca
Airplane

Here goes nothing!
Old 01-31-13, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by obispo21 View Post
The set I got had the "Ultimate Hunter Edition" in it. I think the disc in that image is the original release. Perhaps Fox isn't differentiating, and is just using whatever excess discs they have on hand.
The set I picked up also had the Ultimate Hunter Edition as well.
Old 01-31-13, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I did the Batman deal as well, except mine worked out a little better. They had a couple copies of Part 1 still marked $16.99, so the cashier changed the price from $21.99. So all in all, $16.98 and I had a $5 reward zone certificate that brought the final price to $11.98.
Old 01-31-13, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 214 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by fan1bsb97 View Post
I'm going to try express lane with:

Big
Dodgeball/There's Something About Mary
Casablanca
Airplane

Here goes nothing!
Express lane?
Old 01-31-13, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts

Did my last one yesterday.

Batman Dark Knight Returns PtII w/Joker
Hotel Transylvania 3D
Old 01-31-13, 03:22 PM

Express Lane was explained above.

It didn't work for Casablanca and a few others - no idea why. But I got a few at least!
Old 01-31-13, 05:30 PM
Cool New Member

Thank you Deftones!. That Dark Knight deal worked great for me.

Found 2 Part 1s that were marked $16.99
Grabbed the on sale Part 2 for $14.99
so $16.99-$5 U&S-$5 coupon=$6.99 for Part 1. $14.99-$5 U&S-$10 RZ certificate=$0. Total of $7.79 out the door. Not complaining...........though my wallet is hating this U&S sale. I've bought almost every triple feature Blu plus The Firm, Guns of Navarone, and couple others. Also managed to get the $50 off 100 and bought Criterion Brazil and Blowout, End Of Watch, Looney Tunes Mouse Chronicles, and Superman Triple. Bought about 25 Blus so far during this sale.
Old 01-31-13, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 674 Likes on 483 Posts

Glad that deal worked out for some of you for the Dark Knight Returns Pt. 1 and 2.
Old 01-31-13, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Was I the only one who bought the Die Hard collection for $24.99 w/ the coupon?

Geez all you cheap bastards and the $4.99 titles.
Saw the Die Hard collection for $18.99 at Costco.

EDIT: Sorry, I see there was a new set released Tuesday.
Old 01-31-13, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd B. View Post
Aiea. Express Lane is on the Geek Squad side of the counter.
I should just entitle this post my adventures at Best Buy. The Express lane worked for me as I ordered Network, Unforgiven and Leon, the Professional and was able to use the upgrade and save coupons plus a $10 RZ cert. But it took a really LONG time for that order to be put through.

Anyway, here's the story:

I get directed to the Express Lane which is on the opposite side of the Cs/Geek Squad counter. I go over there and ask whether or not I can order stuff that is not in the stock and have it delivered + apply the upgrade and save coupons. She says she thinks she can do it. I tell her the titles and then ask her whether or not I can use an RZ cert. She says no because I'm already getting the U+S discount. It's only $15 so I say it's fine.

It is around this time that the phone starts ringing every minute. Seriously, people kept on calling and the CSR just kept on putting them on hold by pressing a few buttons. Anyway, as she is trying to get the info for my order, she suddenly asks me to give her my RZ cert. And she inputs the RZ cert into the system. I opt to pay by cash and I figure I can get out of here within 15 minutes. Nope. I hear several loud beeps and she asks whether or not I have a CC. I say yes and then I ask her why there is a problem with me paying cash. I believe the explanation was that the amount was too small and the register was rejecting it (at least that is what I think she said). Oh and this point the phone is still ringing every few minutes.

Anyway, she is typing down my info and I figure I can finally leave after placing my order. Again, I wish I was so lucky. She kept on trying to enter my CC number and submitting the order but the system kept on giving her an error (SKU can't be delivered to address or something like that). Eventually another CSR comes over and types some stuff. That doesn't work as the error is still there. After five minutes, she finally got the order through somehow. This entire episode took close to 40 minutes. She also gave me back my coupons and receipt but I'm not sure whether or not there is anything I'm dying to buy.

I guess I could buy Face/Off but I read that the image quality isn't the best.
Old 01-31-13, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if my stores have Express Lane. Never seen a sign. All I can say is there is NOTHING express about the customer service area in my stores...
Old 01-31-13, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
Not sure if my stores have Express Lane. Never seen a sign. All I can say is there is NOTHING express about the customer service area in my stores...
Mine's was near the online order pickup section. For some reason, they really don't advertise this in store and you have to ask.
Old 01-31-13, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 604 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
Fuck no. I've done the store pickup option on BB.com a few times and every time it would be quicker to just go to the fucking shelf, find it myself and go through the regular checkout lane.
Old 01-31-13, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I traded in a copy of "Stretching for Senior Citizens" (don't ask me how I got it; I just found it in my stash so I traded it in) and the noob behind the counter balked. It was okayed by management, but I found the whole encounter amusing.
Old 01-31-13, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by darkdaze73 View Post
Could not find the Eastwood 2 pack of Every Which Way But Loose/Any Which Way You Can despite others saying their stores were restocking.
There should be copies in the new cardboard shipper in the main aisle.
Old 01-31-13, 11:38 PM

For those who seem unsure or confused... maybe this will help. "Express Lane" is an internal best buy system that is basically a text version of bestbuy.com. It is designed for employees to order online only items for customers. The reason they asked you for a credit card is because they are placing an online order, it doesn't go through the cash register. This system works great for getting items, but doesn't work for coupons. If they take the upgrade and save coupons... it's as a courtesy, not by policy.

Despite it's name... there is nothing fast about it, and there will not be any sign for it. Happy Deal Hunting!
Old 02-01-13, 06:16 AM

Hmmm she had problems with the skus for my order too. Casablanca didn't go through and neither did a few others. I plan on trying ONE LAST best buy today. Should I try again there?

Nevermind - Casablanca's price went way up! I guess I'll wait until next time.

Last edited by fan1bsb97; 02-01-13 at 08:36 AM.
Old 02-01-13, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just got back from my local BB. If people want to seize on the new double feature Blu-rays, time may be of the essence.

The Fantastic Four set had a $9.99 shelf tag, but was stickered at $19.99 (it is that price online also) and rang up $19.99. I showed them the shelf tag and they adjusted the price for me, but it got me thinking that $9.99 may be an error.

Also, my BB had a ton of Batman Begins steelbooks, but they all rang up $19.99 and the $9.99 online entry shows as not available in my store. Are there multiple steelbook versions of Batman Begins?

Left with ($4.99 each):
Scrooged (finally after constantly forgetting about it)
Fantastic Four Double Feature
Old 02-01-13, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

None of the stores in my area that I've tried to expresslane items have allowed it with the coupon. They say it's because the coupoin is instore only. However keep in mind for next U&S, you can always buy it online and return/rebuy it in the store if the SKU is 7 characters.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.