Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Some nice blu-ray bargains at Frys

Old 12-25-12, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Some nice blu-ray bargains at Frys

I'll add more as I find them, or post anymore that you find.

Some titles qualify for free shipping and others require store pickup.

3D Titles for $12.99 each
Dolphin Tale
Green Lantern
Arthur Christmas
Clash of the Titans
Pirates: Band of Misfits
Wrath of the Titans
Lion of Judah
Space Station
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Deep Sea
Born to Be Wild
Happy Feet Two
The Polar Express
Final Destination 5
Final Destination 3D
Under The Sea
Step Up Revolution
Journey 2 The Mysterious Island
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Journey To The Center of the Earth
Yogi Bear
Legends of the Guardian: The Owls of Ga'Hoole
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 1
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Assorted Titles on Blu
Superman: The Motion Picture Anthology $39.99
Clint Eastwood Collection $24.99
Includes:
Gran Torino
Letters from Iwo Jima
Million Dollar Baby
Mystic River
Unforgiven
The Rookie
Absolute Power
Dirty Harry
Kelly's Heroes

$8.99 Blu-rays
$5.99 Blu-rays
$4.99 Blu-rays
Patton 2 disc (Remastered) $5.99
Fight Club $5.99
Miracle on 34th Street $5.99
Von Ryan's Express $5.99
Amelie $4.99
Big Trail $4.99
Barbarian and the Geisha $4.99
Life Is Beautiful $4.99
Cinema Paradiso $4.99

On DVD
Harry Potter Complete 8 Film Collection DVD $19.99

Last edited by Laser Movies; 12-25-12 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-25-12, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Some nice blu-ray bargains at Frys

awesome, Laser...just last evening, I was considering Big Trail for $10.99...what are the odds of that
Old 12-25-12, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm kicking myself for just getting the new Patton during the 40% B&N sale. I got a good price but this is better.
Old 12-25-12, 12:22 PM

I just bought Patton at Barnes, too. Had to order it in to the store 2 weeks before the sale. Between a $10 gift card earned with credit card points, a $75 gift card with a $10 free card, and coupons on a $50+ purchase along with Lawrence and Chinatown, I paid ... I have no idea what I paid for it! So, after all that, now of course it's $5.99.

I don't feel bad though, because I broke with tradition and actually watched it right away. It's great. No one hesitate on this one; I have the first release, and this remaster is beautiful, very film-like. And George C. Scott is simply amazing in this film. Mesmerizing, spellbinding.
Old 12-25-12, 12:36 PM

The American is $4.99, but in store only. I know a lot of people didn't care for this film, but I really like it. Quiet Clooney performance, and the cinematography is beautiful.
Old 12-25-12, 12:41 PM

Damn, I want 3 things there and they're in store only. Be nice if Amazon matches.
Old 12-25-12, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by nealg View Post
The American is $4.99, but in store only. I know a lot of people didn't care for this film, but I really like it. Quiet Clooney performance, and the cinematography is beautiful.
+1 for this opinion
Old 12-25-12, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just bought Patton at Barnes, too. Had to order it in to the store 2 weeks before the sale. Between a $10 gift card earned with credit card points, a $75 gift card with a $10 free card, and coupons on a $50+ purchase along with Lawrence and Chinatown, I paid ... I have no idea what I paid for it! So, after all that, now of course it's $5.99.

I don't feel bad though, because I broke with tradition and actually watched it right away. It's great. No one hesitate on this one; I have the first release, and this remaster is beautiful, very film-like. And George C. Scott is simply amazing in this film. Mesmerizing, spellbinding.
Think I paid about $9 at a store with all discounts. I was actually surprised to find a copy because when I checked the store availability no stores in the area were listed as having it in stock. However when I looked I managed to find a single copy at my local store. I'm debating returning it since I haven't opened it yet, but don't know if it's worth the drive and hassle to save about $3. I also have the original blu-ray with the crappy transfer that's virtually worthless for resale.
Old 12-25-12, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

you win some, you lose some...$3 ain't worth the trouble, Laser....just enjoy the stuff you have...it will be more than made up when B&N will run their next 50% off Criterion sale and you walk out with a Criterion you wanted for about $13 while it is priced $29.99 at Frys :-)

Merry Christmas and thanks for all your help
Old 12-25-12, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Added more titles. Harry Potter 8 film collection $19.99, Clint Eastwood Collection (9 films) $24.99, Superman Anthology $39.99. They all qualify for free shipping.
Old 12-25-12, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES View Post
Added more titles. Harry Potter 8 film collection $19.99, Clint Eastwood Collection (9 films) $24.99, Superman Anthology $39.99. They all qualify for free shipping.
That Harry Potter set is DVD though, right?
Old 12-25-12, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

that Harry Potter posted is the dvd according to the enlarged pic.
Old 12-25-12, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by marginal View Post
That Harry Potter set is DVD though, right?
Yes it is. Everything else is blu-ray. I will change it to make it more clear. Thanks!
Old 12-25-12, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks. Bit on 5 that are on backorder but in no rush to get them.
Old 12-25-12, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This really doesn't apply now, but when purchasing from these online sales that start at a certain time, remember.

1) Fry's bases all start times for sales PST, regardless of where you live or if you are doing store pickup or not.
2) Even if the sale goes live before the start time of the sale (remember it's PST), your orders will be placed in the BACK OF THE QUEUE AFTER THOSE THAT ORDERED WHEN THE SALE "OFFICALLY" STARTS.
3) If the quantities are limited and you place an order before the official start time, IT WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO PLACE ANOTHER ORDER.
4) This stock is not pulled, but is set aside for these sales at the store. Quantities are adjusted after each order. If you are successful in getting everything on your order, then a confirmation that your order is ready will come almost immediately after you place the order.
5) Your credit card is not authorized or charged until you pick up the order. This allows you to change your form of payment.

I placed an order at 9:15 AM CST (this sale was supposed to start at 9AM, but it did not specify time zone). I was informed by someone at blu-ray.com of potential problems as illustrated above. I placed a 2nd order on a new account I created with everything different except the billing address. This was around 12 noon CST (10am PST). After 15 minutes I received no pickup confirmation. I then placed a 3rd order with another credit card but with bogus billing info. That order confirmed for pickup immediately. I later got a pickup confirmation for the 2nd order. I thought at first that Fry's detected similar billing addresses and stuck me at the back of the queue on my 2nd order.

Lesson: place no Fry's order until the sale starts PST.
Old 12-26-12, 02:42 AM

I concur. Hidden gem from 2010. Studio marketing got in the way of this film's potential success.
Old 12-26-12, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Picked up PATTON and VON RYAN'S, fantastic deals! Thanks Laser!
Old 12-26-12, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What a f***all experience this morning at Frys when I went to pick up my orders !!! None of the items had been pulled...they went looking for everything when I arrived at the register. And they couldn't find 'Barbarian and Geisha'...and now the website does not allow me to order one for shipping because it says there is a limit of 1 per household. They did say they would try and get one to be shipped to me...it took them an hour to find my stuff *(there was other stuff I had ordered along with the BD's)
Old 12-26-12, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Even though everything was listed as backordered I opted to have them shipped instead of doing store pick up. If they ever ship I got the Big Trail, Von Ryan's Express, and Barbarian and the Geisha.
Old 12-26-12, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Even though everything was listed as backordered I opted to have them shipped instead of doing store pick up. If they ever ship I got the Big Trail, Von Ryan's Express, and Barbarian and the Geisha.
They surprised me with some of the backorders from Thanksgiving - received a couple of them last week.
Old 12-26-12, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Was able to return/rebuy and match the Clint Eastwood collection at Target and matched the price as well of $19.99 for the Dark Knight trilogy. Walked out of their after RedCard discount for only $46 for the 2 sets.
Old 12-26-12, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
They surprised me with some of the backorders from Thanksgiving - received a couple of them last week.
I'm still waiting for some bargain blu-rays from Frys that shipped a week ago. They gave me a tracking number but it doesn't seem to work anywhere when I tried to track the shipment.
Old 12-26-12, 05:05 PM

Anyone else having trouble with checking out? Every time I click "submit order" I get a brief "Processing Order Please Wait" message that rolls into an "Oops There has been a system error. Please try again later" screen.
Old 12-26-12, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm still waiting for some bargain blu-rays from Frys that shipped a week ago. They gave me a tracking number but it doesn't seem to work anywhere when I tried to track the shipment.
That's a Fry's order alright...their rock bottom pricing comes at the expense of service undoubtedly.
Old 12-26-12, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My two Thanksgiving Blus took a little over three weeks to ship and they weren't even backordered. Who knows how long these two new orders will take?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.