Reload this Page >

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBang
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only like the Welcome Package. Also remember that any preliminary codes are just that and BN could pull it, change the details or exclusions anything prior to release so always a bit of YMMV until the final release date

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc. There are glitches where sometimes an excluded item will be allowed but assume that is the exception to the rule
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Max 3 GC on a single online order.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order
Return period is 14 days after delivery (possibly 30 days for members though I've never tried)
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept
The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016

STORE ONLY 15% OFF Coupons -- Unknown if multi-use or if will work on 40% Off Items
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (I)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (II)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 6/30/2017 (III) -- possibly a Member Only Code

NOTBORING (thanks logboy)
15% Off Single Item online -- unknown exp
appears to be one time use, but please report if it works more than once

15% Off Single Item
OFFERS15
GROUPON15
RMN15
CABIN15
Expiration 6/28 -not sure if 6/28 or 6/29 2:59am ET though I suspect the latter

ONLINE CODES
ALL BELOW CODES ARE EXPIRED 5/23
25% off single item
None

20% Off Online Single Item
None

15% off One Item Online --
None

Upcoming possible codes -- let me know if you find they;re active

Finally hooked up with new coupons. With the coupon reset and possible new coupon policy, all bets are off on one-time vs multiuse online or instore. Note a few new variations for the first time since 2010 or so
"New Member" Welcome Coupons ONLINE ONLY EXPIRES ONLINE August 28, 2017 2:59am ET -- these should be one-time use per member online
M9A8N4E $10 off $40+ "Home & Gift" Single Item
R9M3X8V $5 off $20+ Toy or Game Single Item
Y9V3W9J $15 off Any Turntable
U7A4V4M $5 off Vinyl LP (THIS DOESN'T APPEAR TO WORK ON CDs)
U3F7K3D $5 off $50 or more total Purchase
C3M9W9M $5 off one DVD/Blu-ray priced $10 or higher (SO FAR I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THIS TO WORK FOR ANY ITEM)

"New Member" Printable IN-STORE MEMBER ONLY Coupons Expire end of business August 27, 2017
In store Free Tall Caffé Latte with Any Café Purchase
In store $15 Off One Turntable
In store $5 Off One Vinyl LP
In Store $5 Off One DVD/Blu-ray price of $10+
In store $5 off $50 Total Transaction
Print Wikipost

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-18, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

The blu ray seasons of Arrow Season 5, The Flash Season 3, Gotham Season 3, and The Big Bang Theory Season 10. are $9.99 each. I think these are all the latest seasons currently on blu ray.
Old 06-12-18, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,879 Likes on 1,237 Posts

They are. The latest season of Supernatural is on sale for ten bucks as well. (I wish Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow were part of that sale too!)
Old 06-15-18, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

The Kino Lorber Deep Rising pre-order is down to $19.98.
Old 06-15-18, 01:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
The Kino Lorber Deep Rising pre-order is down to $19.98.
I love that movie, but I'm pissed that it gets 4K remastered while another Stephen Sommers film hasn't even been released on fucking DVD. Catch Me if You Can (1989).
Old 06-15-18, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Classic Films
The blu ray seasons of Arrow Season 5, The Flash Season 3, Gotham Season 3, and The Big Bang Theory Season 10. are $9.99 each. I think these are all the latest seasons currently on blu ray.
You can get these from Best Buy for $8.99 with store pickup ($9.99 plus $1 off )
Old 06-15-18, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by soundman2
You can get these from Best Buy for $8.99 with store pickup ($9.99 plus $1 off )
I saw this mentioned on Slick deals but it didn't work for me. I chose in store pick up but I didn't see any $1 off .

I figured it out. Arrow Season 5 is only available in store now so it won't give you a discount for in store pick up.

Last edited by Classic Films; 06-15-18 at 03:23 PM.
Old 06-15-18, 03:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by soundman2
Are people really that desperate to save a buck? How many people live close enough that they won't burn that $1 in gas anyway!? It's bullshit, and I fucking hate BB for pushing store pickup. I've been bitching for a while now that the website should default to shipping or allow the preference to be saved by each user.
Old 06-15-18, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper187
Are people really that desperate to save a buck? How many people live close enough that they won't burn that $1 in gas anyway!? It's bullshit, and I fucking hate BB for pushing store pickup. I've been bitching for a while now that the website should default to shipping or allow the preference to be saved by each user.
I think the point is that some people either live or work near a BestBuy store, or they want the item "now," then the option is there. I also know that when pre-ordering steelbooks, many people won't trust they'll show up in minty-fresh condition, so they opt for the in-store pickup option.

Also, if you were to order several items for pickup (like 3 or 4 of those boxsets), then the lure of saving $3-$4 becomes a little more enticing.
Old 06-15-18, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 912 Likes on 647 Posts

Not only that but the thought of standing in line and dealing with customer service for a buck is worse than spending the gas money.
Old 06-15-18, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 378 Likes on 236 Posts

Little House on the Prairie: Season 8 is $5.99 currently.

Amazon Amazon
Old 06-15-18, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

I was about to post that. Hek of a deal.
Old 06-15-18, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Not only that but the thought of standing in line and dealing with customer service for a buck is worse than spending the gas money.
I have to say that Best Buy is much easier for in store pick ups now then it was in the days when you had to wait in the same line as returns and repairs.
Old 06-15-18, 06:30 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

I do the $1 savings, whether it's slow shipping at Amazon or the Best Buy in store pickup.

With Best Buy at least, it gives me an excuse to go out to lunch during my work day.
Old 06-15-18, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper187
Desperate? Someone was just posting that it was an option. That said, it's convenient if it works out and someone don't want to wait for shipping or worried about cracked/damaged items because they were poorly packaged. This from the guy that constantly complains about Amazon.
Old 06-15-18, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
There's hardly ever anyone in line for pickups at my local store. Plus there is a lady that's seen me enough that goes out of her way to take care of me whenever I'm in the CS area. My biggest obstacle is the store actually having what I am wanting in stock.
Old 06-15-18, 07:49 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

I haven’t had to wait in line at a Best Buy in years, things always move super quickly when the employees outnumber the customers.

I live a few miles from one, and drive by several in my daily commute, so the extra $1 savings is a nice bonus, and gives me a chance to stretch my legs a bit. But I can see the bonus not being beneficial to others.
Old 06-15-18, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
There's hardly ever anyone in line for pickups at my local store. Plus there is a lady that's seen me enough that goes out of her way to take care of me whenever I'm in the CS area. My biggest obstacle is the store actually having what I am wanting in stock.
Same here. I never thought a store employee would know me by my last name, but I guess I've picked up enough stuff over time that she will literally finish with the current customer, grab my order, and then finish helping anyone else.
Old 06-16-18, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

I had a short wait with my latest pickup, the first in about a dozen, only because a woman was in the wrong line and was doing a PITA variety return at the pickup counter. After ~30 seconds another employee noticed what was going on and moved me to the return line (which was empty) to get my pickup.
Old 06-16-18, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

Be grateful that Best Buy still carries some movies. I came across my first Best Buy today that basically doesn't have a movie section beyond the newest releases. This location has no music section at all and a very small videogame/movie section. If this is how all Best Buys look in the future, retail media shopping will be dead by Christmas.
Old 06-16-18, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Since I also get hit with 10%+ sales tax either way (Amazon or local) unless I'm ordering over the free shipping threshold, I always choose local (or the few sites left that don't charge sales tax to Washington state). Amazon has also gotten very slow to ship to non prime customers. And while ebay does not have sales tax, I am getting sick of being ripped off by ebay sellers. At least Amazon always advocates for the buyer. Ebay goes in cycles, & right now they're in a "screw the buyer" mode, "the seller is always right".
Old 06-16-18, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Be grateful that Best Buy still carries some movies. I came across my first Best Buy today that basically doesn't have a movie section beyond the newest releases. This location has no music section at all and a very small videogame/movie section. If this is how all Best Buys look in the future, retail media shopping will be dead by Christmas.
My understanding is that all BB's are dropping cd's 100% by the end of June. (sigh)
Old 06-16-18, 08:49 PM

I ordered Justice League as part of this sale from Amazon. They sent me a package that was meant to be sold in Canada so the Digital Code didn't work. I didn't realize at first that the reason the code didn't work was because this was a non USA disk. When I did the automated return on the website they placed a new order and stated I needed to return the Canadian one or be charged again. When I saw the error was Amazon's fault I didn't want to bother having to pack and return to UPS. So I cancelled the replacement and did the chat. After being transferred to 3 people they gave a promo credit on my account for a future order . So I reordered the film and don't have to return the Canadian version. Too bad it's not a better movie. Check your movies. I don't always redeem Digital codes right away. It would have been a pain to find this out a year from now.
Old 06-17-18, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Probably not going to be a problem unless
Did the Canadian item still have its slipcover?
Yes it has the cover. The cover was also bilingual. The French language was in smaller print so I didn't notice it initially.
Old 06-18-18, 07:46 AM

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Classic Films
I saw this mentioned on Slick deals but it didn't work for me. I chose in store pick up but I didn't see any $1 off .

I figured it out. Arrow Season 5 is only available in store now so it won't give you a discount for in store pick up.
You have to start checking out with it set as being shipped to you, then during checkout it will offer $1 off if you switch to in-store pickuo.
Old 06-23-18, 08:56 AM

Chopping Mall Collector's Edition, usually around $26 for some reason, now at 14.99:

Amazon Amazon

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.