Reload this Page >

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBang
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only like the Welcome Package. Also remember that any preliminary codes are just that and BN could pull it, change the details or exclusions anything prior to release so always a bit of YMMV until the final release date

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc. There are glitches where sometimes an excluded item will be allowed but assume that is the exception to the rule
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Max 3 GC on a single online order.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order
Return period is 14 days after delivery (possibly 30 days for members though I've never tried)
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept
The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016

STORE ONLY 15% OFF Coupons -- Unknown if multi-use or if will work on 40% Off Items
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (I)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (II)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 6/30/2017 (III) -- possibly a Member Only Code

NOTBORING (thanks logboy)
15% Off Single Item online -- unknown exp
appears to be one time use, but please report if it works more than once

15% Off Single Item
OFFERS15
GROUPON15
RMN15
CABIN15
Expiration 6/28 -not sure if 6/28 or 6/29 2:59am ET though I suspect the latter

ONLINE CODES
ALL BELOW CODES ARE EXPIRED 5/23
25% off single item
None

20% Off Online Single Item
None

15% off One Item Online --
None

Upcoming possible codes -- let me know if you find they;re active

Finally hooked up with new coupons. With the coupon reset and possible new coupon policy, all bets are off on one-time vs multiuse online or instore. Note a few new variations for the first time since 2010 or so
"New Member" Welcome Coupons ONLINE ONLY EXPIRES ONLINE August 28, 2017 2:59am ET -- these should be one-time use per member online
M9A8N4E $10 off $40+ "Home & Gift" Single Item
R9M3X8V $5 off $20+ Toy or Game Single Item
Y9V3W9J $15 off Any Turntable
U7A4V4M $5 off Vinyl LP (THIS DOESN'T APPEAR TO WORK ON CDs)
U3F7K3D $5 off $50 or more total Purchase
C3M9W9M $5 off one DVD/Blu-ray priced $10 or higher (SO FAR I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THIS TO WORK FOR ANY ITEM)

"New Member" Printable IN-STORE MEMBER ONLY Coupons Expire end of business August 27, 2017
In store Free Tall Caffé Latte with Any Café Purchase
In store $15 Off One Turntable
In store $5 Off One Vinyl LP
In Store $5 Off One DVD/Blu-ray price of $10+
In store $5 off $50 Total Transaction
Print Wikipost

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-17, 08:48 AM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by kahuna
Streets Of Fire [Collector's Edition] [Blu-ray] is now down to $16.66.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Thanks...been waiting on this one.
Old 06-21-17, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
Now $44.38 :-)
Yep. I did one more cancel/re-order before I went to bed.

Now it's no longer available directly from Amazon, and is back up to $66.
Old 06-21-17, 10:35 AM

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

Miami Vice TV Series - $32.90
https://www.amazon.com/Miami-Vice-Th.../dp/B01HSAIOWU

VERY tempting despite the lacklustre reviews
That's a great price, and despite the reviews I think it's still a great set, plus the replacement discs are easily and quickly available thru Mill Creek, so go for it. I wish I had got it for that price!
Old 06-21-17, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by slybone
That's a great price, and despite the reviews I think it's still a great set, plus the replacement discs are easily and quickly available thru Mill Creek, so go for it. I wish I had got it for that price!
Now even cheaper at $32.24. How low can it go ? :-)
Old 06-21-17, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

The constant price shifting on the Before Trilogy kind of fits the pre-order--it randomly dropped to $39.95 so I went ahead and bought it. I don't know why this particular title is so schizophrenic.
Old 06-21-17, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by davidh777
The constant price shifting on the Before Trilogy kind of fits the pre-order--it randomly dropped to $39.95 so I went ahead and bought it. I don't know why this particular title is so schizophrenic.
Darn, missed it...would have hit it at that price without waiting for the B&N sale. Now its OOS on Amazon. Its not the only title that's shifting in price. 'They live by night' is constantly dropping as well. As are many other titles
Old 06-21-17, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Miami Vice TV Series - $32.90
https://www.amazon.com/Miami-Vice-Th.../dp/B01HSAIOWU

VERY tempting despite the lacklustre reviews
$31.60 now and well worth the price. What do people expect? A full blown out box set? Never going to happen.
Old 06-21-17, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slybone
If a person places a Prime order with no-rush shipping to get some kind of perk (which I do somewhat often) then there's plenty of time (usually) to cancel and reorder if there's a price change. Luckily Amazon doesn't do much to discourage that.
THIS!

I have Prime, and I always order every item individually (even when ordering a lot of items). I never need them right away anyway ... so I pick slow shipping and usually get $1 digital credit for each item.

I use the credit to build my Kindle library (which doesn't work as much anymore since it does not apply to other publishers) ... and to order/rent TV and movies.

I recently started using it to build up my Disney Movies Anywhere digital account, since Disney digital movies purchased via Amazon are added to my DMA account and are then transferred to iTunes and Vudu.

... and as stated, it gives me time to cancel and reorder if the price is continuously dropping.
Old 06-21-17, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
$31.60 now and well worth the price. What do people expect? A full blown out box set? Never going to happen.
$31.35 now. And yes, people expect quality fare for their money spent. And knowing Mill Creek's reputation (or the lackthereof) AND with the constantly sliding pricing, there's no reason not to wait
Old 06-21-17, 11:18 PM

Bad Day at Black Rock (WAC) - $11.80: https://www.amazon.com/Bad-Day-at-Bl.../dp/B01LTI05GU
They live by Night (Criterion) - $18.68: https://www.amazon.com/They-Live-by-.../dp/B06XNW5NPW
Old 06-22-17, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

$31.35 now. And yes, people expect quality fare for their money spent. And knowing Mill Creek's reputation (or the lackthereof) AND with the constantly sliding pricing, there's no reason not to wait
People can wait but they shouldn't expect to get something for free. 30 bucks plus tax for a set? Come on!
Old 06-22-17, 09:33 AM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Originally Posted by kahuna
Streets Of Fire [Collector's Edition] [Blu-ray] is now down to $16.66.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Down to 15.68 now...of course I ordered already.
Old 06-22-17, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

UHF is down to $11.75...(yes I'm singing the song to myself right now). It had been in the $14 area for a little while now and it's dropped pretty well within the last week.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MIA0JGA/
Old 06-22-17, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The Transformers Movie (1986 animated movie) is at an all time low for $9.60. It's also the steelbook version

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1
Old 06-22-17, 11:35 AM

Bad Day at Black Rock (WAC) - $11.80: https://www.amazon.com/Bad-Day-at-Bl.../dp/B01LTI05GU
They live by Night (Criterion) - $18.68: https://www.amazon.com/They-Live-by-.../dp/B06XNW5NPW
Above prices now - $11.53 and $17.98 respectively

Also, another WAC title hit an all time low at $10.88 - Amazon's going for broke here

https://www.amazon.com/The-Valley-of.../dp/B01LTIB7YE
Old 06-22-17, 11:59 AM

Am sure Amazon's up to some retail experimenting here. Tracking spending patterns, user psychology and who knows - perhaps customized prices for each customer in the future depending on when the customer breaks within a pricing scheme ? Besides with this tactic of continuously reducing prices even if so by a few pennies, they've got your attention squarely on the Amazon site thus deflecting you away from a competitor. Finally there's the added psychology of when you think an item's gone so much lower than you had ever expected that you start adding additional items to the cart for more value for the same earlier expected buck. Something tells me Amazon's up to some experimenting with retail here and not as much moving inventory quickly
Old 06-22-17, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Many distributors perform an accounting of their remaining inventory in early July. That is why you see a lot of media bargains this time of year. It's clearing out the warehouses before gearing up for the third and fourth quarters.
Old 06-22-17, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
I think more directly they're just following Walmart's ship to store price with their algorithm rather than anything more substantial. I'm sure WM is using their own little computer code to move the price down a few cents under Amazon, then WM bumps their discount up a bit and round and round they go.

Old School Gas War with the 2 stations on the opposite corner of the intersection until one station gives up or runs out of money (or gas)
Ah, I see. So Amazon's been following than leading here - thing is am a slave to Amazon with the whole convenience factor of not having to drive anywhere to a retail store to save a few bucks. And with that, I rarely even go to a competitor's site unless its a compelling one like the B&N Criterion sales for e.g. But if Walmart's leading the effort, perhaps I should consider giving them the business given that they have a neighborhood grocery near me to which they'll ship. But I could never get myself to go to one of their regular B&Ms which makes for an extremely poor shopping experience pretty consistently. Also even though the neighborhood grocery store allows for pickups, if you need to return stuff you still need to head out to their regular store which is yet another deal-breaker.
Old 06-22-17, 01:08 PM

Ladyhawke (WAC) - $12.67: https://www.amazon.com/Ladyhawke-Blu-ray/dp/B00W81K9C8
World without End (WAC) - $11.29: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LTIB7YY

Last edited by laidbacklarkin; 06-22-17 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-22-17, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Many distributors perform an accounting of their remaining inventory in early July. That is why you see a lot of media bargains this time of year. It's clearing out the warehouses before gearing up for the third and fourth quarters.
Traditionally summer is also a terrible time for new releases, so retailers often run sales in hopes of driving some traffic.
Old 06-22-17, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah, I see. So Amazon's been following than leading here - thing is am a slave to Amazon with the whole convenience factor of not having to drive anywhere to a retail store to save a few bucks. And with that, I rarely even go to a competitor's site unless its a compelling one like the B&N Criterion sales for e.g. But if Walmart's leading the effort, perhaps I should consider giving them the business given that they have a neighborhood grocery near me to which they'll ship. But I could never get myself to go to one of their regular B&Ms which makes for an extremely poor shopping experience pretty consistently. Also even though the neighborhood grocery store allows for pickups, if you need to return stuff you still need to head out to their regular store which is yet another deal-breaker.
Amazon has been a follower (not a leader) in price matching for a long time now. That is why when prices are identical I prefer to shop B&M store - Be it Best Buy, Target or Walmart. Remember without B&M store sale prices - Amazon would not be lowering their prices to match. Now with Amazon charging tax - that advantage has gone too.
Old 06-22-17, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 615 Likes on 453 Posts

Another Wal-Mart match (or close to it)

Angry Red Planet (Shout) - preorder - $13.83

https://www.amazon.com/Angry-Red-Pla...dp/B06XHVMHJS/

Also, Streets of Fire dropped a bit further, to $15.37

Posted this in the Walmart Thread, but figure it's worth noting here as it might help folks figure out what Amazon is actually matching:

On a whim, I typed "Pickup Discount" into the Walmart search box, which took me to a separate section of the site that appears to contain everything that includes the discount, and you can narrow the search to movies, and then further to Blu-ray. Not sure if these links will work, but those steps should be helpful:

Blu-ray:
https://www.walmart.com/browse/0?cat...hProductResult

All movies:
https://www.walmart.com/browse/0?cat...hProductResult

You still have to go to individual pages to find out the discount, but it's a bit easier this way.
Old 06-22-17, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ladyhawke is already down to $12.42 and UHF is down again to $11.52. At least with Ladyhawke, I already have the UK Import. But UHF, (much like with Justice League Unlimited), I feel like I'm watching a pinball and trying to see exactly where it stops. Nuts.
Old 06-22-17, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Ladyhawke is already down to $12.42 and UHF is down again to $11.52. At least with Ladyhawke, I already have the UK Import. But UHF, (much like with Justice League Unlimited), I feel like I'm watching a pinball and trying to see exactly where it stops. Nuts.
Are the MSRPs of some of these titles being lowered as well ? bluray.com shows UHF MSRP as $11.99
Old 06-22-17, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
I think more directly they're just following Walmart's ship to store price with their algorithm rather than anything more substantial. I'm sure WM is using their own little computer code to move the price down a few cents under Amazon, then WM bumps their discount up a bit and round and round they go.

Old School Gas War with the 2 stations on the opposite corner of the intersection until one station gives up or runs out of money (or gas)
Based on some Mother's Day purchases I made I'd say this is exactly what they're doing. I got my wife a new Cuisinart Food Processor for $65 (down from $105) via such a price war. Also The Untouchables complete series (~$33 w/store pickup - Amazon followed a while but bailed out when WM went that low). There were a few others that saved ~$50 over the "normal" prices. The Monday after Mother's Day both were back to mostly the original prices. Since then they've been doing it with other titles/products on a somewhat sporadic basis.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.