Reload this Page >

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBang
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only like the Welcome Package. Also remember that any preliminary codes are just that and BN could pull it, change the details or exclusions anything prior to release so always a bit of YMMV until the final release date

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc. There are glitches where sometimes an excluded item will be allowed but assume that is the exception to the rule
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Max 3 GC on a single online order.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order
Return period is 14 days after delivery (possibly 30 days for members though I've never tried)
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept
The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016

STORE ONLY 15% OFF Coupons -- Unknown if multi-use or if will work on 40% Off Items
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (I)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (II)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 6/30/2017 (III) -- possibly a Member Only Code

NOTBORING (thanks logboy)
15% Off Single Item online -- unknown exp
appears to be one time use, but please report if it works more than once

15% Off Single Item
OFFERS15
GROUPON15
RMN15
CABIN15
Expiration 6/28 -not sure if 6/28 or 6/29 2:59am ET though I suspect the latter

ONLINE CODES
ALL BELOW CODES ARE EXPIRED 5/23
25% off single item
None

20% Off Online Single Item
None

15% off One Item Online --
None

Upcoming possible codes -- let me know if you find they;re active

Finally hooked up with new coupons. With the coupon reset and possible new coupon policy, all bets are off on one-time vs multiuse online or instore. Note a few new variations for the first time since 2010 or so
"New Member" Welcome Coupons ONLINE ONLY EXPIRES ONLINE August 28, 2017 2:59am ET -- these should be one-time use per member online
M9A8N4E $10 off $40+ "Home & Gift" Single Item
R9M3X8V $5 off $20+ Toy or Game Single Item
Y9V3W9J $15 off Any Turntable
U7A4V4M $5 off Vinyl LP (THIS DOESN'T APPEAR TO WORK ON CDs)
U3F7K3D $5 off $50 or more total Purchase
C3M9W9M $5 off one DVD/Blu-ray priced $10 or higher (SO FAR I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THIS TO WORK FOR ANY ITEM)

"New Member" Printable IN-STORE MEMBER ONLY Coupons Expire end of business August 27, 2017
In store Free Tall Caffé Latte with Any Café Purchase
In store $15 Off One Turntable
In store $5 Off One Vinyl LP
In Store $5 Off One DVD/Blu-ray price of $10+
In store $5 off $50 Total Transaction
Print Wikipost

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-17, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

The Paradise: Season One - $10.99

Old 01-25-17, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Final Girls is $9.99 on Amazon.
Old 01-27-17, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

City of God/City of Men double feature is $6.96.
Old 01-27-17, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

So I picked up a handful of those $9.99 titles from Amazon, and my copy of THE NICE GUYS is Blu-ray only, no DVD or Digital Copy (even though that's the only version the Amazon website lists). I seem to recall something about Warners doing this after a certain point with their titles (going to single media versions)...however, if I should have gotten the combo pack, I want to send it back - just don't want to go through the trouble if the Blu-ray only version is all that exists at this point.

Any help on this one guys? I couldn't care less about the DVD, but I would have liked the Digital version (but not enough that I'm going to go buy it separately).
Old 01-27-17, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
So I picked up a handful of those $9.99 titles from Amazon, and my copy of THE NICE GUYS is Blu-ray only, no DVD or Digital Copy (even though that's the only version the Amazon website lists). I seem to recall something about Warners doing this after a certain point with their titles (going to single media versions)...however, if I should have gotten the combo pack, I want to send it back - just don't want to go through the trouble if the Blu-ray only version is all that exists at this point.

Any help on this one guys? I couldn't care less about the DVD, but I would have liked the Digital version (but not enough that I'm going to go buy it separately).
Found this unboxing video of The Nice Guys BLURAY/Dvd combo pack from Youtube.

Last edited by kahuna; 01-27-17 at 11:10 PM.
Old 01-28-17, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

I don't know about that practice but *do* know if I'd ordered the BR/DVD/DC combo pack and received only a BR I'd be doing an exchange.
Old 01-28-17, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
I don't know about that practice but *do* know if I'd ordered the BR/DVD/DC combo pack and received only a BR I'd be doing an exchange.
Yeah, I'm giving it a shot in the hopes I can get a combo pack. I'd be interested to know if anyone else ordered one and got the same single-disc version.
Old 01-28-17, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

You can give it a try, and they will likely send you a replacement, but there's no guarantee that you won't just get another BD only package. I've seen it happen before. Warner might have taken the DVD and Digital copy out of the box and not changed the SKU. They've done that before, and Amazon might not have any of the original release left.
Old 01-28-17, 01:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
You can give it a try, and they will likely send you a replacement, but there's no guarantee that you won't just get another BD only package. I've seen it happen before. Warner might have taken the DVD and Digital copy out of the box and not changed the SKU. They've done that before, and Amazon might not have any of the original release left.
Have you tried to google the UPC/ASIN/ISBN number from the barcode and from the one you ordered off of Amazon to see if they match up? If you google the one from the actual product and find results both with and without the DVD/digital copy, then the issue most likely lies with the manufacturer and not amazon, meaning you will most likely just get another Blu-ray only version.
Old 01-28-17, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

It seems that the studios did a run of Blu-rays for Black Friday sales that dropped extras like the DVD and digital copy. They didn't change the UPC code this time. I came across several of them at Best Buy for releases that definitively once had the extras.

This stock now seems to have been mixed in with their normal inventory.
Old 01-28-17, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
It seems that the studios did a run of Blu-rays for Black Friday sales that dropped extras like the DVD and digital copy. They didn't change the UPC code this time. I came across several of them at Best Buy for releases that definitively once had the extras.

This stock now seems to have been mixed in with their normal inventory.
Yes, I remember seeing some of these titles at Walmart a couple of years ago during their Black Friday event. I can't remember what the exact titles were, but some of them that were originally BR/DVD combo packs were now only BR. I also think that some of them looked like they were even stripped of disc-based extras, like these were the Netflix or Redbox versions of the movies.

At the time I was thinking it would really suck if these things ended up in the regular distribution chain or Amazon sellers.

This seems to be limited to Walmart, as they get these big pallets of Black Friday titles, just for BF, while Best Buy just seems to sell their regular stock.

Last edited by Josh-da-man; 01-29-17 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-29-17, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is true. I sent them an email before issuing my return (since they ship out the return IMMEDIATELY) and got a reply "assuring" me they'd send the correct version this time...but that's one department making promises another is probably clueless about. On top of that, I see that a number of recent buyers have had the same issue with their order. Still, I find it hard to believe Warners is out of combo packs, although I do find it easy to believe that Amazon is out of them (still, they should update their product page if that is the case).
Old 01-29-17, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Yes, I remember seeing some of these titles at Walmart a couple of years ago during their Black Friday event. I can't remember what the exact titles were, but some of them that were originally BR/DVD combo packs were now only BR. I also think that some of them looked like they were even stripped of disc-based extras, like these were the Netflix or Redbox versions of the movies.

At the time I was thinking it would really suck if these things ended up in the regular distribution change or Amazon sellers.

This seems to be limited to Walmart, as they get these big pallets of Black Friday titles, just for BF, while Best Buy just seems to sell their regular stock.
This actually seems to be the case - there were no extras listed on the back of the box, either. Alas, I sent it back before I saw the above post about checking the UPC code, but if they send me another, rest assured I'm not paying for a bare bones copy with zero extras (although I guess the disc only had a pair of short featurettes anyway...but still).

I just need to keep this is mind when ordering Warner Bros. titles in the future...this seems to be the only studio that does this.
Old 01-29-17, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

Some Sony BDs from Black Friday sales were missing their UV codes. However, Sony is pretty good about sending a UV code though if the package is missing it.
Old 01-29-17, 03:35 PM

This actually seems to be the case - there were no extras listed on the back of the box, either. Alas, I sent it back before I saw the above post about checking the UPC code, but if they send me another, rest assured I'm not paying for a bare bones copy with zero extras (although I guess the disc only had a pair of short featurettes anyway...but still).

I just need to keep this is mind when ordering Warner Bros. titles in the future...this seems to be the only studio that does this.
If it's the same UPC, and if you get a new one that you can be sure is the bare bones release without opening it, you could always check your local stores to see if they have the BD+DVD+DC version, buy it and return the bare bones version.
Old 01-29-17, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts

If it's the same UPC, and if you get a new one that you can be sure is the bare bones release without opening it, you could always check your local stores to see if they have the BD+DVD+DC version, buy it and return the bare bones version.
As physical stores have shrunk their inventory, it's going to become increasingly difficult to do.
Old 01-29-17, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rick and Morty: The Complete Second Season $12.99
Old 01-29-17, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
As physical stores have shrunk their inventory, it's going to become increasingly difficult to do.
Depends what you're looking for. I've seen plenty of copies of the Nice Guys at Target recently, but I didn't look closely enough at them to see if they included the DVD/DC.
Old 01-30-17, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

Amazon begins charging sales tax for my state on Feb. It's not retroactive to pre-orders is it? Something ordered today, ships in April, is still tax free?
Do they charge sales tax on prime memberships?
Old 01-30-17, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rw2516
Amazon begins charging sales tax for my state on Feb. It's not retroactive to pre-orders is it? Something ordered today, ships in April, is still tax free?
Do they charge sales tax on prime memberships?
Since you are charged when the item ships, you will be taxed on the pre-orders.
Old 01-30-17, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobaray
Since you are charged when the item ships, you will be taxed on the pre-orders.
Even if I have an invoice at a lower price?
Old 01-30-17, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 214 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by rw2516
Even if I have an invoice at a lower price?
I don't know if the seller can charge more on a credit card than the amount you've agreed to at the time of the order.
Old 01-30-17, 08:18 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Amazon only invoices when it's charged and shipped. It's whenever you get charged for the purchase, that's when a tax is assessed. So don't stock up on pre-orders hoping to dodge the taxes, you'll still pay them.
Old 01-30-17, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For those wondering, Amazon did deliver a correct combo-pack version of "The Nice Guys" to me today. So they must have had at least one lying around.
Old 01-31-17, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,006 Likes on 624 Posts

Originally Posted by goblin23
Yesss--been waiting for the price to drop on this.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.