Reload this Page >

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBang
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only like the Welcome Package. Also remember that any preliminary codes are just that and BN could pull it, change the details or exclusions anything prior to release so always a bit of YMMV until the final release date

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc. There are glitches where sometimes an excluded item will be allowed but assume that is the exception to the rule
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Max 3 GC on a single online order.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order
Return period is 14 days after delivery (possibly 30 days for members though I've never tried)
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept
The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016

STORE ONLY 15% OFF Coupons -- Unknown if multi-use or if will work on 40% Off Items
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (I)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (II)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 6/30/2017 (III) -- possibly a Member Only Code

NOTBORING (thanks logboy)
15% Off Single Item online -- unknown exp
appears to be one time use, but please report if it works more than once

15% Off Single Item
OFFERS15
GROUPON15
RMN15
CABIN15
Expiration 6/28 -not sure if 6/28 or 6/29 2:59am ET though I suspect the latter

ONLINE CODES
ALL BELOW CODES ARE EXPIRED 5/23
25% off single item
None

20% Off Online Single Item
None

15% off One Item Online --
None

Upcoming possible codes -- let me know if you find they;re active

Finally hooked up with new coupons. With the coupon reset and possible new coupon policy, all bets are off on one-time vs multiuse online or instore. Note a few new variations for the first time since 2010 or so
"New Member" Welcome Coupons ONLINE ONLY EXPIRES ONLINE August 28, 2017 2:59am ET -- these should be one-time use per member online
M9A8N4E $10 off $40+ "Home & Gift" Single Item
R9M3X8V $5 off $20+ Toy or Game Single Item
Y9V3W9J $15 off Any Turntable
U7A4V4M $5 off Vinyl LP (THIS DOESN'T APPEAR TO WORK ON CDs)
U3F7K3D $5 off $50 or more total Purchase
C3M9W9M $5 off one DVD/Blu-ray priced $10 or higher (SO FAR I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THIS TO WORK FOR ANY ITEM)

"New Member" Printable IN-STORE MEMBER ONLY Coupons Expire end of business August 27, 2017
In store Free Tall Caffé Latte with Any Café Purchase
In store $15 Off One Turntable
In store $5 Off One Vinyl LP
In Store $5 Off One DVD/Blu-ray price of $10+
In store $5 off $50 Total Transaction
Print Wikipost

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-16, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

I guess they tossed out a bunch of lightening deals in the few minutes I was away from my computer.

Missed out on the Finding Dory for $10.

I really dislike how amazon seems to be doing sales this year.
Old 11-24-16, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gcribbs
I guess they tossed out a bunch of lightening deals in the few minutes I was away from my computer.

I think Walmart has a ton of them.
Old 11-24-16, 09:10 PM
Banned

I think I've pretty much got what I need, but it'd be nice if they gave us a fucking deals calendar like other years.
Old 11-24-16, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by IJMSPORT
I think Walmart has a ton of them.

I did not notice it on walmarts ad although I did see it on Target's ad.

Are they pricematching Target at Walmart?
Old 11-24-16, 09:17 PM

I see Amazon is just nickel and diming the doorbuster prices at Best Buy and Walmart, matching them slowwwwwwly but surely.

Allegiant is now $8.99.
Old 11-24-16, 09:18 PM

Probably. YMMV.
Old 11-24-16, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

It wasn't in the ad, but it's ringing up at 10 bucks in store and has been all day. I just went out and got one a couple of hours ago, and there were tons.
Old 11-24-16, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper187
I think I've pretty much got what I need, but it'd be nice if they gave us a fucking deals calendar like other years.
Seriously, I had no idea what they had on sale or when. Amazon was worthless this year.
Old 11-24-16, 09:58 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Well, Black Friday hasn't even officially begun yet. Not saying their lack of communicating what's coming is good this year, but we haven't even gotten to the actual day yet. I'm sure (at least hoping) we'll see more price drops in the next 24 hours.
Old 11-24-16, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

for me the lack of a calendar diminished interest and thus spending. i have no interest in finding dory or the things mentioned so far. in years past i would plan my day around times things i wanted would appear. kinda materialistic. yes. this year i am so eh i am not really even looking and amazon is going to lose whatever planned impulse buys i used to make. i really don't get why they refused to put out a schedule.

i am happy people are finding things to buy and hope they enjoy their purchases throughout the year.
Old 11-24-16, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I am actually enjoying not finding too many bargains and trying to save a bit of money for actual Christmas gifts for other people.
Old 11-24-16, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I am actually enjoying not finding too many bargains and trying to save a bit of money for actual Christmas gifts for other people.
Blasphemy. Other people?

Amazon is certainly largely playing follow the leader this year. Personally, my big orders were with Best Buy.
Old 11-24-16, 11:32 PM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

The days of the super lightning deals are long over anyway. Here is the 2009 lightning deal for the complete Beatles stereo 16 cd set. Amazon just doesn't offer deals like this anymore. This one sold out in less than 5 minutes. One where you watched the time tick down waiting for the deal to start. They made a lot of people angry who missed the deal. Perhaps one of the reason they stopped doing these.

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal: $177.49
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Lightning Deal: -$77.50
Total before tax: $99.99
Estimated tax to be collected: $7.37
Grand Total: $107.36

I don't think Amazon is doing themselves any favors not posting a calendar. Most media on missed deals show a low percentage sold , I think Finding Dora and Jurassic Worlds were the only ones that sold out.

Last edited by Classic Films; 11-24-16 at 11:43 PM.
Old 11-24-16, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Went to Walmart and picked up Finding Dory, Star Trek Beyond and Jungle Book.

Wanted to buy these thru Amazon, but glad Walmart was mentioned as having Dory on sale.
Old 11-25-16, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

I checked Amazon on a whim a hour or so ago to find I'd missed several LD's on media. The *only* thing I might have picked up is Finding Dory as anything else I've already purchased from BB. I'll *not* sit at the computer all day watching deals "just in case" as it's just not worth the effort.

Their lack of a calendar is absolutely impacting my purchases from them this year. Since I can't remotely count on them even matching the prices I'd rather order from BB (and with free shipping on *any* order). Since there's a local store I can impulse buy to my heart's content and just return it to the store if I change my mind. I may go to WM later today to see if they have copies of Finding Dory but it's not a highly desired title and I hate going there on a normal day so...

Amazon's lack of a deals calendar is possibly good as I'm not making those impulse purchases that'll fall in price by the time I get around to watching them. Example: I still have a unopened copy of Jurassic World I purchased last BF for $10. I figure Batman v Superman, ST: Beyond, and Deadpool will all be in the $5 range by summer so I'll just wait on them. If not... well I just won't get a copy.

BB has received the bulk of my media purchases this year. Amazon has had exactly *two* titles with lower prices than BB so I ordered those there. The video games I'd normally have purchase from Amazon have been purchased from BB, TRU, and Gamestop.

And I thought *last* year was especially bad at Amazon. This year has been so bad I may not even bother checking Amazon next year.
Old 11-25-16, 02:24 AM

I concur.. Amazon was a very big letdown. They could always show us something on actual BF, but I doubt it. The only reason I'm even paying attention to them is I stack Amazon gift cards for the year specifically for this particular week. So, if/when Amazon matches a price at BB, Target or WM, I'll just pull the trigger using my gift card money. And if I've already purchased said title from one of the other stores, I'll just return it and get my cash refunded.

But, its nice to know I can snare anything I wanted in-store during this particular week. Had zero problems getting or seeing any movies I wanted. Found more than enough Finding Dory copies. People didn't even know it was on sale at WM.
Old 11-25-16, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Amazon is way late matching Best Buy and Target. They have a bunch of deals now matching them, but I already bought from Best Buy more than 24 hours ago.
Old 11-25-16, 10:36 AM
Banned

Amazon is a joke this year. a lightning deal for Hunger Games Mocking Jay pt 2 at $13 when BB had it for $9? Seriously?
Old 11-25-16, 10:41 AM

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper187
Amazon is a joke this year. a lightning deal for Hunger Games Mocking Jay pt 2 at $13 when BB had it for $9? Seriously?
i am an Amazon fan but so far have spent $0.00 - amazingly terrible offers for this time of the year. Agreed, there's still a good month left but starting with slim to no pickings ain't encouraging. Maybe they don't care about media sales any more.
Old 11-25-16, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not that anyone who wants them doesn't already have all these movies:

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection $34.49

I agree with others above that Amazon has been disappointing with BF deals this year and I also miss the lightning deals calendar. Made deal hunting fun!

I have taken advantage of a few of the price matches since Amazon is more convenient than BB (200 mile round trip) or Walmart/Target (70 mile round trip) and I am getting the $1 digital coupon for slow shipping, which is valuable to me (for buying Kindle books so that I can buy discounted Audible books). Not that there is much I really want to add to my disc collection.
Old 11-25-16, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
i am an Amazon fan but so far have spent $0.00 - amazingly terrible offers for this time of the year. Agreed, there's still a good month left but starting with slim to no pickings ain't encouraging. Maybe they don't care about media sales any more.
Its even worse than you think. Target had it for $6.
Old 11-25-16, 10:57 AM

If I didn't think it was hilarious, I'd be pissed at Amazon. But, its funny becuz its actually embarrassing.

They are selling the Ice Age complete collection for $50. Might not be a bad deal, except BB was selling all except the new one for $3.99 apiece. That's $20, including the Christmas special. Add in the new being sold for $8.99 and you get them for just over $30 (and only if youre paying higher taxes, like in CA).

$50?!?! Do they understand that shoppers don't live and die with just Amazon? I may actually write them a letter. They're losing their core shoppers with stuff like this.
Old 11-25-16, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

How To Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD) $6.00

Marvel's Captain America: Civil War $7.99
Old 11-25-16, 11:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
It's also sad since I recently started using Amazon Smile, but I just did another $50 order on Best Buy. :/
Old 11-25-16, 11:24 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got some stuff from Amazon and BB.

So they just didn't do a calendar? That's weak. I will always buy from Amazon but this whole what? Year and a half has been a weak year for sales w/ them.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.