Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBang
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only like the Welcome Package. Also remember that any preliminary codes are just that and BN could pull it, change the details or exclusions anything prior to release so always a bit of YMMV until the final release date

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc. There are glitches where sometimes an excluded item will be allowed but assume that is the exception to the rule
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Max 3 GC on a single online order.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order
Return period is 14 days after delivery (possibly 30 days for members though I've never tried)
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept
The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016

STORE ONLY 15% OFF Coupons -- Unknown if multi-use or if will work on 40% Off Items
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (I)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (II)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 6/30/2017 (III) -- possibly a Member Only Code

NOTBORING (thanks logboy)
15% Off Single Item online -- unknown exp
appears to be one time use, but please report if it works more than once

15% Off Single Item
OFFERS15
GROUPON15
RMN15
CABIN15
Expiration 6/28 -not sure if 6/28 or 6/29 2:59am ET though I suspect the latter

ONLINE CODES
ALL BELOW CODES ARE EXPIRED 5/23
25% off single item
None

20% Off Online Single Item
None

15% off One Item Online --
None

Upcoming possible codes -- let me know if you find they;re active

Finally hooked up with new coupons. With the coupon reset and possible new coupon policy, all bets are off on one-time vs multiuse online or instore. Note a few new variations for the first time since 2010 or so
"New Member" Welcome Coupons ONLINE ONLY EXPIRES ONLINE August 28, 2017 2:59am ET -- these should be one-time use per member online
M9A8N4E $10 off $40+ "Home & Gift" Single Item
R9M3X8V $5 off $20+ Toy or Game Single Item
Y9V3W9J $15 off Any Turntable
U7A4V4M $5 off Vinyl LP (THIS DOESN'T APPEAR TO WORK ON CDs)
U3F7K3D $5 off $50 or more total Purchase
C3M9W9M $5 off one DVD/Blu-ray priced $10 or higher (SO FAR I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THIS TO WORK FOR ANY ITEM)

"New Member" Printable IN-STORE MEMBER ONLY Coupons Expire end of business August 27, 2017
In store Free Tall Caffé Latte with Any Café Purchase
In store $15 Off One Turntable
In store $5 Off One Vinyl LP
In Store $5 Off One DVD/Blu-ray price of $10+
In store $5 off $50 Total Transaction
Print Wikipost

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Old 09-08-16, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
Also, I ordered the BD of Batman Returns on August 1st. It's still in limbo with a note that they can't give a delivery estimate now.
Same here.
Old 09-08-16, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 802 Likes on 676 Posts

Forgive me for posting this here, but I'm curious--what's the longest you've waited to receive something you've ordered from Amazon?

I ordered the BD of Stuck in Love on July 16th. Still hasn't shipped, though it says expected by today. I anticipate I'll get an e-mail about it later pushing the date back.

Also, I ordered the BD of Batman Returns on August 1st. It's still in limbo with a note that they can't give a delivery estimate now.

I'm in no big hurry, but I've never had things take so long to ship/arrive.
Several months. Amazon appears to build up a backlog of orders for certain items before ordering more inventory. They will let these orders slip into limbo for a couple of years before finally giving up.
Old 09-08-16, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,187 Likes on 914 Posts

My order of Jack Reacher has not shipped and that was ordered in July. I was just at Target yesterday and they had it for $7.50. I secured it on Amazon for $5.99, though. I looked up the listing and it looks like it's getting a new release date in October. I guess due to the sequel coming out?
Old 09-08-16, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 648 Likes on 470 Posts

Forgive me for posting this here, but I'm curious--what's the longest you've waited to receive something you've ordered from Amazon?
7 or 8 months once for a DVD - one that was very inexpensive on "sale" day and looked to be going OOP. I don't even recall which title it was at this point but do recall having to approve a delay 3 or 4 times before it finally shipped.
Old 09-08-16, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 123 Likes on 97 Posts

I don't think I've ever gone more then 2-3 weeks on in stock items from the USA or UK.
Old 09-08-16, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Star Trek complete series blu ray sold out online.
Old 09-09-16, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,875 Posts

Historically, about eighteen months to two years. The item in question was a book I placed an order for about fifteen years ago; a remaindered "bargain book," and they were out of stock on it. So it looks like they finally got more in stock, or someone noticed my order and just shipped out a non-remaindered copy of that title to fulfill my order.

Recently, a "deal of the day" blu-ray boxed set I bought ladt year. It was out of stock when I ordered it, but came back into stock three or four days later. They sat on my order for about a month to six weeks, and onlynshipped it after I ordered something else.
Old 09-09-16, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
I don't think I've ever gone more then 2-3 weeks on in stock items from the USA or UK.
Same here. Since I got prime, it has been even less. I assume that these long waits were for orders of out of stock items.
Old 09-13-16, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Amazon is matching Best Buy on the Rush Hour Trilogy preorder for $14.99

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Old 09-13-16, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Just saw that, and also noticed they have Transformers: The Movie (30th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray] for $30. I have been noticing that lately, that some new releases simply have no discount. Strange.
Old 09-13-16, 03:20 PM
Premium Member

Received 690 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck
Just saw that, and also noticed they have Transformers: The Movie (30th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray] for $30. I have been noticing that lately, that some new releases simply have no discount. Strange.
The pre-order was $19.99 for several weeks (that's what I paid - it arrived today).
Old 09-13-16, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 234 Posts

Pocahontas/Pocahontas double feature is $9.96.

Checked because of the price--looks like they're matching Wal-mart.
Old 09-14-16, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
My order of Jack Reacher has not shipped and that was ordered in July. I was just at Target yesterday and they had it for $7.50. I secured it on Amazon for $5.99, though. I looked up the listing and it looks like it's getting a new release date in October. I guess due to the sequel coming out?
I also ordered that more than a month ago since the price was good enough (about the cost of a movie ticket here). I was wondering if the listing was some sort of mistake — no picture listed, for example — but figured I'd let it ride and see how things shake out. Would like to get it before the next movie comes out but it does look like some sort of listing mistake.

I also currently have the Prime Pantry credit instead of the $1 digital credit for slow shipping, to my annoyance. The latter is valuable to me and the former is worthless. I keep hoping the Prime Pantry credit will go away but, so far, no joy.

Last edited by lizard; 09-14-16 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-14-16, 12:14 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 675 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by lizard
I also currently have the Prime Pantry credit instead of the $1 digital credit for slow shipping, to my annoyance. The latter is valuable to me and the former is worthless. I keep hoping the Prime Pantry credit will go away but, so far, no joy.
You might be surprised at what you can get from Prime Pantry. Shop the stuff that's free shipping anyway, add the $6 credit, and you can sometimes get snacks for much cheaper than any physical store.
Old 09-15-16, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

United 93 is currently $7.99. Temporarily out of stock, but can still be ordered.
Old 09-15-16, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lizard

I told an Amazon CSR that the $1 digital had value to me but the pantry deal did not so I will always choose two day over the slow delivery. Has to cost them more than the $1 digital but they didn't seem to care.
Old 09-15-16, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Someone here said before to choose the Prime Pantry once and then the digital credit will start showing up again. It worked for me and I haven't seen it again since and it's been at least a couple months now.
Old 09-15-16, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,058 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Someone here said before to choose the Prime Pantry once and then the digital credit will start showing up again. It worked for me and I haven't seen it again since and it's been at least a couple months now.
I will try that then. I miss my dollar digital credit. Used it all the time for music but I have been stuck with the pantry crap for months now.
Old 09-15-16, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,012 Likes on 837 Posts

I did get the digital credit back, and I did accept Prime Pantry once (never used it), so maybe that's why.
Old 09-15-16, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 648 Likes on 470 Posts

Selecting "once" doesn't always work and it also seems browser dependent. I have 4 computers I regularly use for ordering from Amazon (home desktop, work chromebook, work laptop, work desktop) and have had one of those be for Prime Pantry while the others would be digital credit. I've also ordered accepting Prime Pantry only to have it offered again, and again, and again. After the 3rd or 4th I stop selecting it.

BUT I then will use that credit to order 5, and only 5 (with a exception), items from the "Buy 5 and get free shipping" offer. It's *always* stuff I'd normally purchase locally. I then get the "free shipping" plus the $5.99 Prime Pantry credit applied. I usually come out ahead of purchasing those same 5 items locally. You have to watch that as the minimum price for a order is $6 so sometimes you have to add a item or two beyond the 5 to get the full credits. Very odd.
Old 09-15-16, 09:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hannibal s2 is $8.04
Old 09-16-16, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,625 Likes on 2,602 Posts

The new Transfomers: The Movie (1986) 30th anniversary edition BD from Shout has now dropped to $19.99. Went ahead and picked it up.
Old 09-17-16, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by phantom_azazel
hannibal s2 is $8.04
I'd gobble that up if I didn't already have it. Great season!
Old 09-19-16, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,625 Likes on 2,602 Posts

So this isn't a BD purchase, but I ordered CSI: The Final season over the weekend and it arrived in pretty bad shape. The cardboard case was dinged up and the plastic case inside was broken. Also, the artwork inside the case is slightly torn.

The discs appear to be okay. I should have no problems returning this right and exchanging it for a new one?
Old 09-19-16, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DJ, if you bought it from Amazon (whether directly or from a marketplace seller), and it was promised new, you can easily have it exchanged at no cost to yourself. Just go to your orders and press "Return or Replace items," choose your reason, and submit.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.