Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBang
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only like the Welcome Package. Also remember that any preliminary codes are just that and BN could pull it, change the details or exclusions anything prior to release so always a bit of YMMV until the final release date

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc. There are glitches where sometimes an excluded item will be allowed but assume that is the exception to the rule
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Max 3 GC on a single online order.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order
Return period is 14 days after delivery (possibly 30 days for members though I've never tried)
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept
The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016

STORE ONLY 15% OFF Coupons -- Unknown if multi-use or if will work on 40% Off Items
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (I)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (II)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 6/30/2017 (III) -- possibly a Member Only Code

NOTBORING (thanks logboy)
15% Off Single Item online -- unknown exp
appears to be one time use, but please report if it works more than once

15% Off Single Item
OFFERS15
GROUPON15
RMN15
CABIN15
Expiration 6/28 -not sure if 6/28 or 6/29 2:59am ET though I suspect the latter

ONLINE CODES
ALL BELOW CODES ARE EXPIRED 5/23
25% off single item
None

20% Off Online Single Item
None

15% off One Item Online --
None

Upcoming possible codes -- let me know if you find they;re active

Finally hooked up with new coupons. With the coupon reset and possible new coupon policy, all bets are off on one-time vs multiuse online or instore. Note a few new variations for the first time since 2010 or so
"New Member" Welcome Coupons ONLINE ONLY EXPIRES ONLINE August 28, 2017 2:59am ET -- these should be one-time use per member online
M9A8N4E $10 off $40+ "Home & Gift" Single Item
R9M3X8V $5 off $20+ Toy or Game Single Item
Y9V3W9J $15 off Any Turntable
U7A4V4M $5 off Vinyl LP (THIS DOESN'T APPEAR TO WORK ON CDs)
U3F7K3D $5 off $50 or more total Purchase
C3M9W9M $5 off one DVD/Blu-ray priced $10 or higher (SO FAR I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THIS TO WORK FOR ANY ITEM)

"New Member" Printable IN-STORE MEMBER ONLY Coupons Expire end of business August 27, 2017
In store Free Tall Caffé Latte with Any Café Purchase
In store $15 Off One Turntable
In store $5 Off One Vinyl LP
In Store $5 Off One DVD/Blu-ray price of $10+
In store $5 off $50 Total Transaction
Print Wikipost

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Old 11-16-15, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Sold. thanks guys. I have like $10 in RZ cert anyways.
Old 11-16-15, 08:12 PM

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by davidlynchfan
Is this movie really good or worth a blind-buy?, I'm just not sold on Keanu as a badass. An everyday action guy, sure but as a badass?
If you have a dog(s), you'll dig it the most.
Old 11-16-15, 08:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lizard

Elysium $6.49
Just an interesting note... I redeemed the code included for the digital version and it gave me District 9 for free (seems there is a bundle version available).
Old 11-16-15, 09:27 PM

Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
If you have a dog(s), you'll dig it the most.
Nope, I was never a pet person.
Old 11-16-15, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
Best Buy is gonna have it for $7.99.
Cool.. I pulled the trigger. No point in waiting.
Old 11-16-15, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by davidlynchfan
Is this movie really good or worth a blind-buy?, I'm just not sold on Keanu as a badass. An everyday action guy, sure but as a badass?
It's definitely one of Keanu's best roles in a while. Still, by the end of the movie, it doesn't really stand up higher than any other action movie I've seen. I hear that a sequel might be in the works so it must have done pretty well in theaters to earn it.
Old 11-17-15, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

I loved John Wick (and as a bonus it has Alfie from Game of Thrones). I saw it during an HBO Now 30-day free trial.
Old 11-17-15, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just got a CamelX3 alert that WKRP in Cincinnati complete series finally dropped in price to $54.99.

That and a few add-on items could get you to the $60 needed to get a $15 statement credit on your AMEX card if you had that offer and activated it for your card at Amazon.
Old 11-17-15, 04:18 PM

get a $15 statement credit on your AMEX card if you had that offer
Can you provide details on where that appeared? I just checked my Facebook offers and the AmEx account, and found nothing.
Old 11-17-15, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's pretty hit and miss. The offer showed up on both our AMEX Everyday Blue Cash cards, but not the Everyday Rewards cards.

There are several threads in SlickDeals that have been consolidated into one thread about it and the other AMEX offers (I would post the link but I'm not sure it we're allowed to post links to other deal sites, even if they are not specifically about DVDs.)
Old 11-18-15, 03:44 AM

Excellent! $15 Amex credit. thanks!!!
Old 11-18-15, 08:49 PM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

NEW YORK— Amazon's Black Friday deals will start early this year, eight days early to be exact.

On Wednesday the online retail giant announced that it would begin offering its Black Friday deals this Friday, November 20, with deals continuing throughout Black Friday, which takes place on the 28th.

Similar to the company's Prime Day event in July, Amazon says that new deals will be added as often as every five minutes.

Beginning on midnight of Thanksgiving, the company will be offering ten of its "Deals of the Day," with up to ten more Deals of the Day coming on Black Friday. As is the Amazon custom, there will be thousands of special "lightning deals" offered, with subscribers of Amazon's $99 per year Prime subscription service getting a 30-minute head start on a majority of the deals.

Last edited by Classic Films; 11-18-15 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-18-15, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Classic Films
NEW YORK— Amazon's Black Friday deals will start early this year, eight days early to be exact.

Similar to the company's Prime Day event in July...

'nuff said.
Old 11-19-15, 07:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Classic Films

On Wednesday the online retail giant announced that it would begin offering its Black Friday deals this Friday, November 20, with deals continuing throughout Black Friday, which takes place on the 28th.

Similar to the company's Prime Day event in July, Amazon says that new deals will be added as often as every five minutes.

Beginning on midnight of Thanksgiving, the company will be offering ten of its "Deals of the Day," with up to ten more Deals of the Day coming on Black Friday. As is the Amazon custom, there will be thousands of special "lightning deals" offered, with subscribers of Amazon's $99 per year Prime subscription service getting a 30-minute head start on a majority of the deals.
Sounds exhausting.
Old 11-19-15, 08:24 PM

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Really ??? since when did wanting to purchase an item a few cents cheaper become such a technological chore ? Lightning deals ?? every five minutes ?? have you hooked to your device to constantly scout for something that you didn't need every five minutes ?? Talk about bloat in everything we do in today's world. That the public falls for these 'strategies' is a matter of despair
Old 11-19-15, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

To be fair, you can typically see the schedule of deals well ahead of time. I think it's a pain too, but then again if you think about the huge number of people shopping it would also suck if all the deals went live at the same time and site gets destroyed from the number of users who are refreshing right at midnight or whatever.
Old 11-19-15, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Just like last year, stuff will sell out within SECONDS. If you're a Prime Member, you might have a chance.
Old 11-20-15, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
To be fair, you can typically see the schedule of deals well ahead of time. I think it's a pain too, but then again if you think about the huge number of people shopping it would also suck if all the deals went live at the same time and site gets destroyed from the number of users who are refreshing right at midnight or whatever.
Quite.

It's a pain fir the consumer.. but the consumer can deal with it and get some deals, or ignore it and not have to have the headache.

Schedules allow planning; mobile phones have alarms and smart phones have the Internet everywhere(ish), so you aren't tied to a computer 24/7.

What do people expect?! (Not 'what do you want?', because that's already unlikely..) Deals priced dramatically below cost lose the company money. Discounting EVERYTHING is unfeasible. Discounting EXACTLY what YOU want is stretching the boundaries of logic and common sense.. and the narcissistic culture of the day.

There may not be much of interest this year. Or there may. But ultimately it doesn't matter that much...
Old 11-20-15, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,058 Likes on 641 Posts

I want to support Best Buy as much as I can this year. Amazon quit being a leader in pricing and is now just a follower. I would like to reward the stores that are setting the low price standard right now and Amazon typically isn't it.
Old 11-20-15, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

Chase is going to be doing 10% back on Amazon purchases from Nov 23 till the end of the year. So if I find any deals, there's an extra bonus.
Old 11-20-15, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

Any deals on Guitar Hero Live for the PS4 coming up?
Old 11-20-15, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
I want to support Best Buy as much as I can this year. Amazon quit being a leader in pricing and is now just a follower. I would like to reward the stores that are setting the low price standard right now and Amazon typically isn't it.
We all decide with our wallets. What makes your action any different? Pointedly, is it truly a "reward" when the merchant has no idea what you're doing?

Amazon has rarely been the low-price leader. Back in the day of the dot.com other groups that have long since gone bye-bye did that. In more recent years, it's been the B&M stores in an attempt to meet revenue goals at all costs in a bid to stay relevant. No merchant WANTS to do loss-leaders. Best Buy or Wal-Mart being the first to offer a loss-leader is not some strategy they WANT to do, it's the the reality of pricing, promoting, distributing and staging the item in a bricks & mortar environment. In short, they need a significant amount of lead-time to pull that off. Thus, they need to lead versus react because they have no other choice. Meanwhile, Amazon can be more reactive, because they don't have the same issues. Advantage Amazon.

No doubt, Amazon does not have the same number of truly great deals in the category as in the past. Part of that is due to the demise of physical media. It's no longer the core reason for a person to end up in a store as it was 10 years ago.

However, whichever merchant does have the best deal delivered to my doorstep, gets my wallet to open. Period.
Old 11-20-15, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,158 Likes on 4,191 Posts

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Any deals on Guitar Hero Live for the PS4 coming up?
Probably should be asked in the Video Game forum (though technically the game IS on a Blu Ray).

Lowest price will be $55.99 at Best Buy on BF with GCU. Best Non-GCU price is $59.99 at Target
Old 11-20-15, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ctyankee
Amazon has rarely been the low-price leader
I'd say Amazon was most certainly the low-price leader at one point for a couple years, at least as far as home media goes where they were constantly a couple dollars less then Best Buy or Circuit City on new releases.
Old 11-20-15, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,158 Likes on 4,191 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I'd say Amazon was most certainly the low-price leader at one point for a couple years, at least as far as home media goes where they were constantly a couple dollars less then Best Buy or Circuit City on new releases.
They were often the low-price leader before they started collecting sales tax.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.