Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBang
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only like the Welcome Package. Also remember that any preliminary codes are just that and BN could pull it, change the details or exclusions anything prior to release so always a bit of YMMV until the final release date

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc. There are glitches where sometimes an excluded item will be allowed but assume that is the exception to the rule
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Max 3 GC on a single online order.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order
Return period is 14 days after delivery (possibly 30 days for members though I've never tried)
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept
The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016

STORE ONLY 15% OFF Coupons -- Unknown if multi-use or if will work on 40% Off Items
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (I)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (II)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 6/30/2017 (III) -- possibly a Member Only Code

NOTBORING (thanks logboy)
15% Off Single Item online -- unknown exp
appears to be one time use, but please report if it works more than once

15% Off Single Item
OFFERS15
GROUPON15
RMN15
CABIN15
Expiration 6/28 -not sure if 6/28 or 6/29 2:59am ET though I suspect the latter

ONLINE CODES
ALL BELOW CODES ARE EXPIRED 5/23
25% off single item
None

20% Off Online Single Item
None

15% off One Item Online --
None

Upcoming possible codes -- let me know if you find they;re active

Finally hooked up with new coupons. With the coupon reset and possible new coupon policy, all bets are off on one-time vs multiuse online or instore. Note a few new variations for the first time since 2010 or so
"New Member" Welcome Coupons ONLINE ONLY EXPIRES ONLINE August 28, 2017 2:59am ET -- these should be one-time use per member online
M9A8N4E $10 off $40+ "Home & Gift" Single Item
R9M3X8V $5 off $20+ Toy or Game Single Item
Y9V3W9J $15 off Any Turntable
U7A4V4M $5 off Vinyl LP (THIS DOESN'T APPEAR TO WORK ON CDs)
U3F7K3D $5 off $50 or more total Purchase
C3M9W9M $5 off one DVD/Blu-ray priced $10 or higher (SO FAR I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THIS TO WORK FOR ANY ITEM)

"New Member" Printable IN-STORE MEMBER ONLY Coupons Expire end of business August 27, 2017
In store Free Tall Caffé Latte with Any Café Purchase
In store $15 Off One Turntable
In store $5 Off One Vinyl LP
In Store $5 Off One DVD/Blu-ray price of $10+
In store $5 off $50 Total Transaction
Print Wikipost

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Old 10-25-13, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by My Other Self View Post
$2 off is a Lightning Deal now?
One has a better chance of being struck by lightning than getting a deal there nowadays.

Last edited by Ropes Pierre; 10-25-13 at 01:54 PM. Reason: speeling
Old 10-25-13, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Spaghetti Western Double Feature Vol 2: Last Gun & Four Dollars of Revenge $4.72

3D Safari Africa $5.00
Jillians Travels-Africa 3D $5.00

Beyond Recognition $6.21

The Crow 2: City of Angels / The Crow: Wicked Prayer $6.38

Killshot $7.13

Wanderlust (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet) $7.57

Angel in the Family / Man Who Saved Christmas $7.77

13 $7.79

What If... $7.83

Subspecies III: Bloodlust $8.39

The Duchess $8.53

Christmas with a Capital C $8.55

Subspecies II: Bloodstone $8.62

Puppet Master: Axis of Evil $9.14

The Soloist $9.15

Jack the Giant Killer $9.17

The Universe: Our Solar System $9.20

Vampires Suck (Extended Bite Me Edition) $9.41

The Bang Bang Club $9.43

Puppet Master X: Axis Rising $9.80

Wizards (35th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray Book] (1977) $9.99
Savages (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet) $9.99
Disneynature: Crimson Wing - The Mystery of the Flamingo (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo) $9.99
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (Unrated Cut) (Blu-ray / DVD / Digital Copy + UltraViolet) $9.99
Arthur Christmas (Two Discs: Blu-ray / DVD + UltraViolet Digital Copy) $9.99

Swingers / Made (Double Feature) $12.98

Robin Hood: 40th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) (1973) $19.99

The Tim Burton Collection + Book (Pee Wee's Big Adventure/Beetlejuice/Batman/Batman Returns/Mars Attacks!/Corpse Bride/Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) $25.99
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (All 7 Original Nightmare Films + Bonus Disc) $25.99
Old 10-25-13, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Okay, Hansel & Gretel has to be worth 10 bucks. I want the Wizards book as well, but I do have the region free import which is the same disc I believe (just not a pretty book though ).
Old 10-26-13, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The first 10mins of H&G are worth a few bucks. The rest. Not so much.
Old 10-26-13, 02:51 PM

Forever Marilyn Collection used, like new from Amazon Warehouse Deals $14.55

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used

They have over 200, so they're probably new and trying to get rid of their stock.
Old 10-26-13, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Rexxriot View Post

They have over 200, so they're probably new and trying to get rid of their stock.
fantastic price. paid $15 on a gohastings used set in the recent past. This is a great set and should be in every blu fan's collection
Old 10-27-13, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks! Was going to get this on a Cyber Monday type deal. Basically 2 bucks a disc.
Old 10-28-13, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
The first 10mins of H&G are worth a few bucks. The rest. Not so much.
Actually I did rather enjoy Gretel's fully automatic cross-bow.

David
Old 10-28-13, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kedrix View Post
Okay, Hansel & Gretel has to be worth 10 bucks.
I think so.

I got just a used blu copy at family video a while back when it was more expensive. I would have gotten it at this price.

A guilty pleasure movie.
Old 10-28-13, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The Universal Hitchcock films that are not in the Essential set are between $15 to $17 each. I guess we can call it the Non Essential Hitchcock,
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link...d_i=2901953011

The Essential Hitckcock is still available for about $38.
http://www.amazon.com/Alfred-Hitchco...tial+hitchcock
Old 10-30-13, 10:44 AM

Thanks...paid about $1 more, but even after tax it was less than $2.50 per movie.
Old 10-30-13, 11:55 AM

The only reason I passed on this is because they are still releasing more Marilyn Monroe films on Blu-ray. And I really like the coverarts of the individual releases.
Old 10-30-13, 12:20 PM

Don't know if people are aware there's apparently a trick that most people are successful using to get a Prime subscription for $59 instead of $79. Amazon will probably kill the loophole soon. I'm very tempted by this, but I've gotten so accustomed to PM'ing Amazon deals at Target or BB and not ordering from Amazon unless it's an expensive item meeting free shipping all by itself, I'm not sure how much I'd actually use this. I know there's a free Prime video library, but I don't have time to dig through it now (have to go to another 10 hour day of work) so I don't know if it is even comparable to Netflix's library. Ugh. I can barely justify $7.99 per month for Netflix's limited selection. Wish I knew how the libraries compared. Can you even find a significant number of movies made in the last 1-5 years on either streaming service or is it mainly the direct-to-video or stuff that didn't do well at the box office? Someone help convince me it's worth $59 before Amazon closes the loophole.

Read the details here: http://slickdeals.net/f/6369906-amaz...possible-ymmv?
Old 10-30-13, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
Don't know if people are aware there's apparently a trick that most people are successful using to get a Prime subscription for $59 instead of $79. Amazon will probably kill the loophole soon. I'm very tempted by this, but I've gotten so accustomed to PM'ing Amazon deals at Target or BB and not ordering from Amazon unless it's an expensive item meeting free shipping all by itself, I'm not sure how much I'd actually use this. I know there's a free Prime video library, but I don't have time to dig through it now (have to go to another 10 hour day of work) so I don't know if it is even comparable to Netflix's library. Ugh. I can barely justify $7.99 per month for Netflix's limited selection. Wish I knew how the libraries compared. Can you even find a significant number of movies made in the last 1-5 years on either streaming service or is it mainly the direct-to-video or stuff that didn't do well at the box office? Someone help convince me it's worth $59 before Amazon closes the loophole.

Read the details here: http://slickdeals.net/f/6369906-amaz...possible-ymmv?
Prime is worth it if you spend at least several hundred a year at Amazon, over dozens of transactions. Anything less and its utility is highly questionable.

It's no replacement for Netflix. Amazon's streaming works more as an adjunct.
Old 10-31-13, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

THE MALTESE FALCON has been reduced to $9.96, but currently listed as OOS and will ship when available. I locked it in as I think that's the lowest it's ever been.
Old 11-01-13, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
Prime is worth it if you spend at least several hundred a year at Amazon, over dozens of transactions. Anything less and its utility is highly questionable.

It's no replacement for Netflix. Amazon's streaming works more as an adjunct.
Thanks for the info. Well, at $59 I decided to try it. I doubt it'll work out to my advantage because I don't buy that much, but so many people have suggested it I'll see what happens over the course of the year, and now I'll check out their free Prime movie selection so I can see all the movies listed that I'll never have time to watch. Funny how a $20 discount can make enough difference to make me cave in.

Speaking of which, could someone 'splain to me what the "add-on items" are? What I heard is certain random misc. items are exempted from Amazon Prime for no particularly logical reason and Amazon decided to call them "add-on items". Is that right? I haven't seen one yet but I suppose it'll be obvious when I do that it doesn't qualify for Prime.

Last edited by Manzana; 11-01-13 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-01-13, 11:48 AM

Thanks for the info. Well, at $59 I decided to try it. I doubt it'll work out to my advantage because I don't buy that much, but so many people have suggested it I'll see what happens over the course of the year, and now I'll check out their free Prime movie selection so I can see all the movies listed that I'll never have time to watch. Funny how a $20 discount can make enough difference to make me cave in.

Speaking of which, could someone 'splain to me what the "add-on items" are? What I heard is certain random misc. items are exempted from Amazon Prime for no particularly logical reason and Amazon decided to call them "add-on items". Is that right? I haven't seen one yet but I suppose it'll be obvious when I do that it doesn't qualify for Prime.
The add on items showed up a few months ago... they are mostly ultra low price items, usually less that $4, that amazon says are only available for sale on the site because of this newly created add on program. In order for them to ship for free, they must be attached to a purchase of $25 (maybe now $35 that they raised the limit) even for prime members.

This has upset many people because the main benefit of prime is free 2 day shipping on everything, amazon contends that these items were never available and would never be available without the add on program.

That being said the type of items i have seen as add ons are all little connectors, screws, washers / bolts, touch up paint, trim kits... things that are super small... never a media product or an electronic.
Old 11-01-13, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Speaking of which, could someone 'splain to me what the "add-on items" are?
It's generally little, light, inexpensive things that aren't cost-efficient for Amazon to ship on their own via Prime.

For example, a single roll of Scotch tape: http://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Magic-T...dp/B00005C3YY/

They'll ship things like this to you via Amazon Prime, but your order has to include $25 worth of other stuff shipped from Amazon. (So, you can't get $25 worth of stuff from a third-party shipper and have it count.)
Old 11-01-13, 02:10 PM
RIP

Not to pick on you, but why exactly did you sign up for Prime just to complain about its uselessness to you?
Old 11-01-13, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

just Manzana being Manzana.
Old 11-01-13, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think the problem with Amazon is that they need to push Prime as a payment plan of $7 a month - its like car payments. While people that cannot afford a $30K car are standing there in the dealership, the dealer tries his best to make them forget about that tag and talk about a very affordable monthly payment. At $7 a month, Amazon may have more people biting into the Prime program than with the yearly cost.

At $7 a month, it represents great value with Amazon Video and if you purchase a quite often. The psychological aspect of not having a minimum to worry about works successfully in making you order more often and not store cart items into the wishlist. I am sold on Prime - b/w Amazon and Costco, I don't have to go anywhere else for anything. Its a great gas saver too
Old 11-01-13, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by BuddhaWake View Post
just Manzana being Manzana.
Old 11-01-13, 03:28 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
I think the problem with Amazon is that they need to push Prime as a payment plan of $7 a month - its like car payments. While people that cannot afford a $30K car are standing there in the dealership, the dealer tries his best to make them forget about that tag and talk about a very affordable monthly payment. At $7 a month, Amazon may have more people biting into the Prime program than with the yearly cost.

At $7 a month, it represents great value with Amazon Video and if you purchase a quite often. The psychological aspect of not having a minimum to worry about works successfully in making you order more often and not store cart items into the wishlist. I am sold on Prime - b/w Amazon and Costco, I don't have to go anywhere else for anything. Its a great gas saver too
I see the logic, but they'd never do a month to month no commitment plan. Too many people would only buy it a few months a year.

I consider myself a heavy Amazon Prime user. I order stuff almost every week, and watch videos most months. But i have several months a year where I don't have more than one order under $35, or don't need to watch their videos; so I'd pick and choose the months with mathematical precision, costing them at least half the money they get from me.

I could see them charging $7 a month with a year commitment, but in doubt many would think that a big difference.
Old 11-02-13, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Amazon was selling Raging Bull yesterday on Blu-ray for $3.99. Hope some of you got in on that. I scooped up Almost Famous: The Bootleg Cut for $5.99.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.