Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBang
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only like the Welcome Package. Also remember that any preliminary codes are just that and BN could pull it, change the details or exclusions anything prior to release so always a bit of YMMV until the final release date

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc. There are glitches where sometimes an excluded item will be allowed but assume that is the exception to the rule
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Max 3 GC on a single online order.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order
Return period is 14 days after delivery (possibly 30 days for members though I've never tried)
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept
The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016


STORE ONLY 15% OFF Coupons -- Unknown if multi-use or if will work on 40% Off Items
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (I)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (II)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 6/30/2017 (III) -- possibly a Member Only Code

NOTBORING (thanks logboy)
15% Off Single Item online -- unknown exp
appears to be one time use, but please report if it works more than once


15% Off Single Item
OFFERS15
GROUPON15
RMN15
CABIN15
Expiration 6/28 -not sure if 6/28 or 6/29 2:59am ET though I suspect the latter


ONLINE CODES
ALL BELOW CODES ARE EXPIRED 5/23
25% off single item
None

20% Off Online Single Item
None

15% off One Item Online --
None

Upcoming possible codes -- let me know if you find they;re active


Finally hooked up with new coupons. With the coupon reset and possible new coupon policy, all bets are off on one-time vs multiuse online or instore. Note a few new variations for the first time since 2010 or so
"New Member" Welcome Coupons ONLINE ONLY EXPIRES ONLINE August 28, 2017 2:59am ET -- these should be one-time use per member online
M9A8N4E $10 off $40+ "Home & Gift" Single Item
R9M3X8V $5 off $20+ Toy or Game Single Item
Y9V3W9J $15 off Any Turntable
U7A4V4M $5 off Vinyl LP (THIS DOESN'T APPEAR TO WORK ON CDs)
U3F7K3D $5 off $50 or more total Purchase
C3M9W9M $5 off one DVD/Blu-ray priced $10 or higher (SO FAR I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THIS TO WORK FOR ANY ITEM)



"New Member" Printable IN-STORE MEMBER ONLY Coupons Expire end of business August 27, 2017
In store Free Tall Caffé Latte with Any Café Purchase
In store $15 Off One Turntable
In store $5 Off One Vinyl LP
In Store $5 Off One DVD/Blu-ray price of $10+
In store $5 off $50 Total Transaction
Print Wikipost

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Old 07-20-18, 04:36 PM
  #8401  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Posts: 8,756
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Not happy that Amazon sent me an email with this Gold Box deal....when I bought the thing three months ago...
Anyway, great price, and if there was some way for me to price match I absolutely would. They're probably trying to capitalize on the DCU announcement, either because DC is in people's heads a little more actively, or to sell these before they can see stuff on DCU.
tonyc3742 is offline  
Old 07-20-18, 05:53 PM
  #8402  
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 41,395
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by b2net View Post
As long as these can be VUSU D2D for $2 each, then another $60 and you've got UV &/or MA of all 30 as well.
Not sure that would work if they don't have individual UPCs.

Originally Posted by tonyc3742 View Post
Not happy that Amazon sent me an email with this Gold Box deal....when I bought the thing three months ago...
Anyway, great price, and if there was some way for me to price match I absolutely would. They're probably trying to capitalize on the DCU announcement, either because DC is in people's heads a little more actively, or to sell these before they can see stuff on DCU.
I assume it's a Comicon tie-in.
davidh777 is offline  
Old 07-20-18, 06:53 PM
  #8403  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
IDrinkMolson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: DE
Posts: 3,816
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
Not sure that would work if they don't have individual UPCs.
If you have a blu-ray drive on your computer you can use their app do disc to digital.

D2D - use your disc and the Vudu app
Mobile D2D- scan your UPC
IDrinkMolson is offline  
Old 07-20-18, 06:53 PM
  #8404  
DVD Talk Legend
 
E Unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Behind Wolf in the Situation Room
Posts: 13,129
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by b2net View Post
As long as these can be VUSU D2D for $2 each, then another $60 and you've got UV &/or MA of all 30 as well.
Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
Not sure that would work if they don't have individual UPCs.
Doing the D2D via physical disc into a blu ray reader would allow it to work.

Ah, Molsen and I think alike.
E Unit is offline  
Old 07-20-18, 07:02 PM
  #8405  
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 41,395
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

I don't have a BD reader.
davidh777 is offline  
Old 07-20-18, 10:03 PM
  #8406  
DVD Talk Legend
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,267
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson View Post
If you have a blu-ray drive on your computer you can use their app do disc to digital.

D2D - use your disc and the Vudu app
Mobile D2D- scan your UPC
Can you explain this a little more? I have the app on my phone, but can never get it to work. But I do have a blu ray drive that I can use. Is there a separate thing I need to download?
mattysemo247 is offline  
Old 07-21-18, 02:50 AM
  #8407  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 3,070
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

DC Universe 10th Anniversary animated collection. 30 movies and 2 hour bonus disc.

Is back up to $139.
Classic Films is offline  
Old 07-21-18, 02:54 AM
  #8408  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 55,426
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by Classic Films View Post
DC Universe 10th Anniversary animated collection. 30 movies and 2 hour bonus disc.

Is back up to $139.

Ha...you snooze you lose.
DJariya is offline  
Old 07-21-18, 11:53 AM
  #8409  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
BobO'Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,909
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by Classic Films View Post
The Back to the Future Trilogy for $16.99 sold out very quickly.

And it is back and only about 46% sold. Must have been a glitch.
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Happens with Deal of the Day at the stroke of Midnight in Seattle
Hmmm... we get it at the stoke of midnight, Memphis. Something's going on...
BobO'Link is offline  
Old 07-21-18, 12:44 PM
  #8410  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 6,577
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by kefrank View Post
I picked up a handful of titles in the 20% off bin. Some pretty good deals to be had there, especially on Criterions!
Well two of the five discs I ordered direct from Amazon were obviously used returns that were shrink-wrapped again. This seems to be happening more and more lately with Amazon. I may be done buying BDs from them.
kefrank is offline  
Old 07-23-18, 03:18 AM
  #8411  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 960
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Did anybody who bought the DC Universe set have theirs arrive fully intact? I bought it last week at $139.99 but scrambled to either cancel the order or get the price adjusted when it fell to $100 on Friday. The CSR seemed to be on top of it, but both packages shipped anyway. They then did the next best thing and sent me a return label.

BOTH BOXES are slightly busted, with torn sides, tears in the cover's hinged edges, and other small tears and dents. One was just dumped inside a shipping box, while the other was shrink-wrapped to a box-sized piece of cardboard. This suggests to me that both were at least partly damaged before they left the warehouse. But given it's a limited edition, I'm debating whether it's worth complaining...
thetao is offline  
Old 07-23-18, 01:50 PM
  #8412  
DVD Talk Legend
 
PhantomStranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 21,739
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by thetao View Post
Did anybody who bought the DC Universe set have theirs arrive fully intact? I bought it last week at $139.99 but scrambled to either cancel the order or get the price adjusted when it fell to $100 on Friday. The CSR seemed to be on top of it, but both packages shipped anyway. They then did the next best thing and sent me a return label.

BOTH BOXES are slightly busted, with torn sides, tears in the cover's hinged edges, and other small tears and dents. One was just dumped inside a shipping box, while the other was shrink-wrapped to a box-sized piece of cardboard. This suggests to me that both were at least partly damaged before they left the warehouse. But given it's a limited edition, I'm debating whether it's worth complaining...
I'm not so sure I wouldn't just chalk it up to Amazon's inept handling these days. They just shredded a very expensive collector's toy set I had purchased as a gift. It looked like their packaging department had crammed it into a box without a second of concern.
PhantomStranger is offline  
Old 07-23-18, 01:55 PM
  #8413  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 55,426
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

My DC Universe set arrived Saturday just fine. No nicks or dents.

The set is currently back-ordered 1-2 months. Unless you're extremely OCD, I think as long as the movies play just fine, I would just keep it.
DJariya is offline  
Old 07-23-18, 03:04 PM
  #8414  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 960
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Oh, it could be Amazon's fault, but perhaps it's their dock crew or their stock crew rather than their packers.

I'm still undecided about what to do. With my viewing backlog, there's no hurry...as long as I'm guaranteed a set and at the $100 price. If nobody holds Amazon's feet to the fire, they're not going to learn. But whichever set(s) get returned, I'm reporting it under "packaging feedback".

Hmm, as this is a limited edition, I wonder if Warner plans to follow-up with a non-limited set at some point?
thetao is offline  
Old 07-27-18, 12:17 PM
  #8415  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,824
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Anyone else that ordered 'The Marseille Trilogy' (Criterion) during Prime Day (with an additional 20% off), had their order canceled ?
laidbacklarkin is offline  
Old 07-27-18, 03:39 PM
  #8416  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,824
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Sands of Iwo Jima (Olive) - $10.99

Amazon Amazon
laidbacklarkin is offline  
Old 07-27-18, 05:36 PM
  #8417  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
kahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 5,019
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
Can you explain this a little more? I have the app on my phone, but can never get it to work. But I do have a blu ray drive that I can use. Is there a separate thing I need to download?
Be warned I had a bunch of Blu-ray discs that could not be recognized.

https://www.vudu.com/content/in_home...o_digital.html


Convert your discs with your computer or laptop!

Convert your Blu-ray or DVD to digital with Vudu To Go on your computer or laptop. Unlock your collection from discs and get access to your movies from the cloud. All you need is your disc and a computer with a Blu-ray or DVD reader.

Download the Vudu To Go app here
Sign in (or Sign Up) and complete your account
Click “Disc to Digital” and insert a disc to convert
Watch your new digital movies anytime, anywhere
kahuna is offline  
Old 07-27-18, 06:43 PM
  #8418  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 3,070
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

The Sopranos Complete Series - $50

In stock August 2.

Deal is over. That was quick.

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by Classic Films; 07-27-18 at 09:19 PM.
Classic Films is offline  
Old 07-28-18, 10:48 PM
  #8419  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 3,070
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by kahuna View Post
Be warned I had a bunch of Blu-ray discs that could not be recognized.

https://www.vudu.com/content/in_home...o_digital.html


Convert your discs with your computer or laptop!

Convert your Blu-ray or DVD to digital with Vudu To Go on your computer or laptop. Unlock your collection from discs and get access to your movies from the cloud. All you need is your disc and a computer with a Blu-ray or DVD reader.

Download the Vudu To Go app here
Sign in (or Sign Up) and complete your account
Click “Disc to Digital” and insert a disc to convert
Watch your new digital movies anytime, anywhere
After reading your post I decided to try Disc to Digital. I got the movies differently. Using my smartphone I went to vudu.com/disc . Following the instructions I took a picture of the bar code and then it finds the movie if it is eligible and you can buy the digital copy for $2. Doesn't work for a lot of movies. No luck with third parties so no Criterion, Kino, Twilight Time, or Warner Archive etc . as far as I know. The ones I tried did not work. Had the most success with Warner Bros and the least with Paramount though I got Ghost, The Ten Commandments, and Three Days of the Condor. Doesn't work with multi packs so I couldn't get the Marx Bros Universal set for example unless each film has its own barcode. I had the box set of the That's Entertainment films each film in its own case. I was able to get the 1st and 3rd movie but the second movie was unavailable in digital, so kind of strange. For Fox it worked for the Seven Year Itch that i bought at Big Lots, but didn't work for The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. Great when it works frustrating when it doesn't. There doesn't seem to be any pattern. You never know which films will work.

Last edited by Classic Films; 07-28-18 at 10:56 PM.
Classic Films is offline  
Old 07-29-18, 07:04 AM
  #8420  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 34,503
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

I think I’ve seen links here to a site that maintains a database of eligible disc-to-digital titles.
Trevor is offline  
Old 07-29-18, 09:54 AM
  #8421  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
b2net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,090
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
I think I’ve seen links here to a site that maintains a database of eligible disc-to-digital titles.
I have as well. It is a Google Docs spreadsheet which is very helpful...
b2net is offline  
Old 07-29-18, 09:59 AM
  #8422  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
b2net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,090
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by Classic Films View Post
After reading your post I decided to try Disc to Digital. I got the movies differently. Using my smartphone I went to vudu.com/disc . Following the instructions I took a picture of the bar code and then it finds the movie if it is eligible and you can buy the digital copy for $2. Doesn't work for a lot of movies. No luck with third parties so no Criterion, Kino, Twilight Time, or Warner Archive etc . as far as I know. The ones I tried did not work. Had the most success with Warner Bros and the least with Paramount though I got Ghost, The Ten Commandments, and Three Days of the Condor. Doesn't work with multi packs so I couldn't get the Marx Bros Universal set for example unless each film has its own barcode. I had the box set of the That's Entertainment films each film in its own case. I was able to get the 1st and 3rd movie but the second movie was unavailable in digital, so kind of strange. For Fox it worked for the Seven Year Itch that i bought at Big Lots, but didn't work for The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. Great when it works frustrating when it doesn't. There doesn't seem to be any pattern. You never know which films will work.
Keep in mind that M2D (Mobile to Disc with phone) has a 100 disc limit per year and D2D (Disc to Digital with PC/MAC) has no limit. Some titles work on one and not the other. Some titles work in both. The most frustrating thing is a title that is listed on VUDUs site as eligible that work on neither.

There are great discussions and links etc in our Streaming Forum including UV (Ultraviolet) and MA (Movies Anywhere) topics.

https://forum.dvdtalk.com/streaming-talk-75/
b2net is offline  
Old 07-29-18, 01:25 PM
  #8423  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
kahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 5,019
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
I think I’ve seen links here to a site that maintains a database of eligible disc-to-digital titles.
https://fusiontables.google.com/Data...D6Rb#card:id=2
kahuna is offline  
Old 07-29-18, 02:41 PM
  #8424  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
kahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 5,019
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by b2net View Post
Keep in mind that M2D (Mobile to Disc with phone) has a 100 disc limit per year and D2D (Disc to Digital with PC/MAC) has no limit. Some titles work on one and not the other. Some titles work in both. The most frustrating thing is a title that is listed on VUDUs site as eligible that work on neither.

There are great discussions and links etc in our Streaming Forum including UV (Ultraviolet) and MA (Movies Anywhere) topics.

https://forum.dvdtalk.com/streaming-talk-75/
Here is The "Official" Disc to Digital Discussion Thread. I just posted about 135 Blu-rays that were converted by the D2D program on my computer & using a Blu-ray drive.

https://forum.dvdtalk.com/streaming-...-thread-4.html

Last edited by kahuna; 07-29-18 at 08:18 PM.
kahuna is offline  
Old 07-29-18, 04:51 PM
  #8425  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,998
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by b2net View Post
There are great discussions and links etc in our Streaming Forum including UV (Ultraviolet) and MA (Movies Anywhere) topics.

https://forum.dvdtalk.com/streaming-talk-75/
Could we move this discussion (digital copies) to the streaming thread?
MooMooMooMoo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.