Reload this Page >

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBang
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only like the Welcome Package. Also remember that any preliminary codes are just that and BN could pull it, change the details or exclusions anything prior to release so always a bit of YMMV until the final release date

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc. There are glitches where sometimes an excluded item will be allowed but assume that is the exception to the rule
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Max 3 GC on a single online order.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order
Return period is 14 days after delivery (possibly 30 days for members though I've never tried)
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept
The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016

STORE ONLY 15% OFF Coupons -- Unknown if multi-use or if will work on 40% Off Items
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (I)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (II)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 6/30/2017 (III) -- possibly a Member Only Code

NOTBORING (thanks logboy)
15% Off Single Item online -- unknown exp
appears to be one time use, but please report if it works more than once

15% Off Single Item
OFFERS15
GROUPON15
RMN15
CABIN15
Expiration 6/28 -not sure if 6/28 or 6/29 2:59am ET though I suspect the latter

ONLINE CODES
ALL BELOW CODES ARE EXPIRED 5/23
25% off single item
None

20% Off Online Single Item
None

15% off One Item Online --
None

Upcoming possible codes -- let me know if you find they;re active

Finally hooked up with new coupons. With the coupon reset and possible new coupon policy, all bets are off on one-time vs multiuse online or instore. Note a few new variations for the first time since 2010 or so
"New Member" Welcome Coupons ONLINE ONLY EXPIRES ONLINE August 28, 2017 2:59am ET -- these should be one-time use per member online
M9A8N4E $10 off $40+ "Home & Gift" Single Item
R9M3X8V $5 off $20+ Toy or Game Single Item
Y9V3W9J $15 off Any Turntable
U7A4V4M $5 off Vinyl LP (THIS DOESN'T APPEAR TO WORK ON CDs)
U3F7K3D $5 off $50 or more total Purchase
C3M9W9M $5 off one DVD/Blu-ray priced $10 or higher (SO FAR I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THIS TO WORK FOR ANY ITEM)

"New Member" Printable IN-STORE MEMBER ONLY Coupons Expire end of business August 27, 2017
In store Free Tall Caffé Latte with Any Café Purchase
In store $15 Off One Turntable
In store $5 Off One Vinyl LP
In Store $5 Off One DVD/Blu-ray price of $10+
In store $5 off $50 Total Transaction
Print Wikipost

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-16, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 608 Likes on 447 Posts
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Posted this in the Canadian Bargains thread, but since few actually read that I thought it might be worth noting here. From Amazon CANADA:

Tarantino Ultimate Collection - $24.99 CDN / approx. $26.00 US shipped
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00U1QGJBM/
Old 11-28-16, 11:30 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian T
Posted this in the Canadian Bargains thread, but since few actually read that I thought it might be worth noting here. From Amazon CANADA:

Tarantino Ultimate Collection - $24.99 CDN / approx. $26.00 US shipped
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00U1QGJBM/
Looks like Stargate Atlantis is cheap as hell from Amazon.ca too, but I passed on it.
Old 11-28-16, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Glengarry Glen Ross going for $4.67, but it's temporarily out of stock. Can anyone talk about the technical aspects? Blu-ray.com and here don't have any reviews for it.

https://www.amazon.com/Glengarry-Gle...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Old 11-28-16, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

https://www.amazon.com/Hellraiser-Th...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Hellraiser the Scarlet Box set is now down to $67 and change.

Still not a cheap box set for 3 movies and a bonus disc. Does have other trinkets as well.

4-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

Brand new 2K restorations of Hellraiser, Hellbound: Hellraiser II, and Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth
Uncompressed PCM Stereo 2.0 and Lossless DTS-HD MA 5.1 sound for Hellraiser and Hellbound: Hellraiser II
Lossless DTS-HD MA 2.0 sound for Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth
English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for all three films
Limited Edition bonus disc
Exclusive 200-page hardback book with new writing from Clive Barker archivists Phil and Sarah Stokes
20-page booklet featuring never-before-seen original Hellraiser concept art
Limited Edition packaging with new artwork from Gilles Vranckx
Set of 5 exclusive art cards
Fold-out reversible poster
Old 11-28-16, 01:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DJariya
https://www.amazon.com/Hellraiser-Th...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Hellraiser the Scarlet Box set is now down to $67 and change.

Still not a cheap box set for 3 movies and a bonus disc. Does have other trinkets as well.

4-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

Brand new 2K restorations of Hellraiser, Hellbound: Hellraiser II, and Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth
Uncompressed PCM Stereo 2.0 and Lossless DTS-HD MA 5.1 sound for Hellraiser and Hellbound: Hellraiser II
Lossless DTS-HD MA 2.0 sound for Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth
English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for all three films
Limited Edition bonus disc
Exclusive 200-page hardback book with new writing from Clive Barker archivists Phil and Sarah Stokes
20-page booklet featuring never-before-seen original Hellraiser concept art
Limited Edition packaging with new artwork from Gilles Vranckx
Set of 5 exclusive art cards
Fold-out reversible poster
That's ridiculous. Are the same transfers available as separate releases cheaper? I'm really not a fan of box sets anymore to begin with. The packaging always sucks. I never got into Hellraiser anyway, but I really should watch it eventually.

btw, Green Mile is $5.14 for those of us who prefer a standard case. Apparently the "anniversary" release is the same transfer anyway. Not interested in those Diamond Lux cases.
Old 11-28-16, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

If you are region free, you can get the Region B Hellraiser set from Zavvi for under $25 shipped to the USA:
http://m.zavvi.com/blu-ray/hellraiser-trilogy/11213681.html

Plenty of other deals to kick every retailer's ass stateside:
http://m.zavvi.com/offers/black-friday/films/blu-ray.list?utm_source=ENZ-_main-send-12pm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ENZ-_main-send-12pm&affil=thgemail&utm_content=TCMemail&widget_id=447447
Old 11-28-16, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Viper187
That's ridiculous. Are the same transfers available as separate releases cheaper? I'm really not a fan of box sets anymore to begin with. The packaging always sucks. I never got into Hellraiser anyway, but I really should watch it eventually.
Yeah it's very expensive for 3 movies.

Arrow produced that set and it's not available as standalones.

There is a cheaper Region B Arrow set that doesn't include the bonus disc, book and other trinkets.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hellraiser-...raiser+blu+ray

Runs about $37 and only includes the 3 movies.
Old 11-28-16, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kate & Leopold (Director's Cut) $5.01

Chocolat $6.11
The Illusionist $6.11
Old 11-28-16, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk God

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Epi...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Star Wars: The Force Awakens 3D set is now down to $25.49

I bought the previous set, so I'm passing on it.

Was seriously debating about getting that Hellraiser set, but looking at my already crowded self, I don't think I have the space for it.
Old 11-28-16, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
The Magicians season 1 is $15.90, a new low price according to camel3.
Thanks for the head's up. I think that will make for good holiday watching with my son.

link:

https://smile.amazon.com/Magicians-S...vies-tv&sr=1-1
Old 11-28-16, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
The only real problem I have had with Amazon, aside from a broken item here or there, is their refusal to stop having USPS take part in the delivery of some of their items. I had 3 straight items delayed a day that were supposed to be delivered by USPS by the Prime delivery date. It got me 3 free months of Prime but it also was very irritating.
I always choose slow shipping since I don't care when I get something and prefer that Amazon picks the most efficient shipping; I never understood the attraction of two day shipping, which seems wasteful to me.

I prefer USPS because those deliveries end up in my locked mailbox. UPS tends to leave items in varying locations but their favorite is next to my garage door right where I get roof runoff when it rains. If there is too much snow, and they don't want to risk my 400 foot long gravel driveway, then they leave the package at the top of the driveway, usually in a bag hanging from my street number sign or sitting in the snow if it is large and heavy (had one electronic device get buried in snow and didn't find it for several days).

So much nicer to just have packages go into a locked USPS mailbox at our mailbox complex at the entrance to the neighborhood, where I'm going to stop to get my mail anyway. Again, it just seems less wasteful than having UPS or FedEx drive all over the fourteen miles of roads in the neighborhood delivering individual packages. (And I also drive an electric car which is fueled by solar panels.)

Different strokes for different folks.
Old 11-28-16, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by lizard
I always choose slow shipping since I don't care when I get something and prefer that Amazon picks the most efficient shipping; I never understood the attraction of two day shipping, which seems wasteful to me.

I prefer USPS because those deliveries end up in my locked mailbox. UPS tends to leave items in varying locations but their favorite is next to my garage door right where I get roof runoff when it rains. If there is too much snow, and they don't want to risk my 400 foot long gravel driveway, then they leave the package at the top of the driveway, usually in a bag hanging from my street number sign or sitting in the snow if it is large and heavy (had one electronic device get buried in snow and didn't find it for several days).

So much nicer to just have packages go into a locked USPS mailbox at our mailbox complex at the entrance to the neighborhood, where I'm going to stop to get my mail anyway. Again, it just seems less wasteful than having UPS or FedEx drive all over the fourteen miles of roads in the neighborhood delivering individual packages. (And I also drive an electric car which is fueled by solar panels.)

Lizard,

You make some terrific points. The mailman is already out on the route, so (other than the addition of Sunday) it's a pretty efficient process. Admittedly, USPS seems to be struggling with their service of the "last mile" but perhaps they will get better. I also have a long, hilly driveway ... irritates me that so many large vehicles make it down fine, including the mail truck, yet the poor baby UPS driver can't seem to make it.

Like you said, different strokes for different strokes and two-day shipping is REALLY helpful for me, NOT for DVDs, but for other items. Even more so now that I can order something on Friday and have a chance of getting it on Sunday.

I wonder if people will even plan for weekend deliveries. For example, my son is in the city, where shipments sometimes get "lost" while he is at work. Saturday or Sunday deliveries might be swiped less knowing there are more people at home.

Last edited by ctyankee; 11-28-16 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-28-16, 02:55 PM
Banned

My driveway is 1700ft. My old UPS driver always came in, but I had FedEx actually leave a package or two the whole way out at the road. Ridiculous. My good UPS driver retired, so I don't know what I'm going to get this winter.
Old 11-28-16, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper187
My driveway is 1700ft. My old UPS driver always came in, but I had FedEx actually leave a package or two the whole way out at the road. Ridiculous. My good UPS driver retired, so I don't know what I'm going to get this winter.
We once had an issue with a delivery during a snow storm. Amazon refunded us. We found the package four months later after the melt. This was when amazon plastic sealed everything and it was actually no worse for wear (the box was destroyed, however.
Old 11-28-16, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk God

What the heck is up with the price of Sons of Liberty, the History channel miniseries. I bought it yesterday for $9.40, but it's been going up and down in price over the last several days.
Old 11-28-16, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Same here.

And for almost 10 years I've rented a PO Box for security. I'm not fond of the extra cost, but it's been so much more convenient not worrying about anything being delivered and then left out or stolen.
Old 11-28-16, 04:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DJariya
What the heck is up with the price of Sons of Liberty, the History channel miniseries. I bought it yesterday for $9.40, but it's been going up and down in price over the last several days.
Yeah, it's getting annoying. That, Man of Steel CE, and one or two others just constantly show up on the most recent deals on blu-ray.com.
Old 11-28-16, 05:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I will not disagree with you there. You just wonder when Amazon will cut their losses with USPS, as their inability to deliver on time must be costing Amazon more than it saves them.
2 more orders were late. I'm up to May now for my Prime renewal. That's a total of 4 months added this year.
Old 11-28-16, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Hell or High Water is down t $15.29 on Amazon.
Old 11-28-16, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ctyankee
Lizard,

You make some terrific points. The mailman is already out on the route, so (other than the addition of Sunday) it's a pretty efficient process. Admittedly, USPS seems to be struggling with their service of the "last mile" but perhaps they will get better. I also have a long, hilly driveway ... irritates me that so many large vehicles make it down fine, including the mail truck, yet the poor baby UPS driver can't seem to make it.

Like you said, different strokes for different strokes and two-day shipping is REALLY helpful for me, NOT for DVDs, but for other items. Even more so now that I can order something on Friday and have a chance of getting it on Sunday.

I wonder if people will even plan for weekend deliveries. For example, my son is in the city, where shipments sometimes get "lost" while he is at work. Saturday or Sunday deliveries might be swiped less knowing there are more people at home.
Being an actual USPS Rural Mail Carrier, I can tell you that we try like hell to get your packages to you in safe, pristine condition. However, given the flood of items that were ordered on Black Friday, I can honestly say that USPS management was totally unprepared for the waves of parcels that entered each office this Sunday, in addition to Amazon Prime stuff which we deliver on Sunday. I was out there for 8+ hours delivering over 160 parcels, many of which VERY oversized and barely fit in the USPS truck. (One address had 3 such parcels from Amazon which forced me to make a second and third trip to deliver ALL the Amazon parcels for 3 separate routes.)
When I returned to the office at 5 PM it was dark and the office had received 3 more pallets of Amazon Prime parcels (all of which were marked Sunday Delivery). I would've been willing to keep on going but the pallets would need to be sorted to the routes and it is infinitely more difficult to deliver mail / parcels in the dark.

As far as UPS and Fedex go, their trucks are not quite as nimble as our 30 year old LLVs and their general rule of thumb is: if they can't turn around safely, they do not go up / down. From my experience nothing is worse than getting up a long driveway and finding no place to turn around which forces you to BACK ALL THE WAY DOWN. No fun at all.

As far as last mile delivery: the USPS can rise to the challenge but during the 4+ years I've been a carrier I have NEVER seen upper management plan for anything. To correctly manage the flow of mail / parcels, money would need to be spent and that directly goes against management's thinking. (They're currently worrying about how to boost their year end bonuses....... how do they do that you say? But keeping costs / help low).

Sad to say but it's true.
Old 11-28-16, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by speedy1961
Being an actual USPS Rural Mail Carrier, I can tell you that we try like hell to get your packages to you in safe, pristine condition. However, given the flood of items that were ordered on Black Friday, I can honestly say that USPS management was totally unprepared for the waves of parcels that entered each office this Sunday, in addition to Amazon Prime stuff which we deliver on Sunday. I was out there for 8+ hours delivering over 160 parcels, many of which VERY oversized and barely fit in the USPS truck. (One address had 3 such parcels from Amazon which forced me to make a second and third trip to deliver ALL the Amazon parcels for 3 separate routes.)
When I returned to the office at 5 PM it was dark and the office had received 3 more pallets of Amazon Prime parcels (all of which were marked Sunday Delivery). I would've been willing to keep on going but the pallets would need to be sorted to the routes and it is infinitely more difficult to deliver mail / parcels in the dark.

As far as UPS and Fedex go, their trucks are not quite as nimble as our 30 year old LLVs and their general rule of thumb is: if they can't turn around safely, they do not go up / down. From my experience nothing is worse than getting up a long driveway and finding no place to turn around which forces you to BACK ALL THE WAY DOWN. No fun at all.

As far as last mile delivery: the USPS can rise to the challenge but during the 4+ years I've been a carrier I have NEVER seen upper management plan for anything. To correctly manage the flow of mail / parcels, money would need to be spent and that directly goes against management's thinking. (They're currently worrying about how to boost their year end bonuses....... how do they do that you say? But keeping costs / help low).

Thanks for the post!
Old 11-28-16, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Speedy, thanks for your insight and your hard work. It sounds like you do your absolute best out there.
Old 11-28-16, 11:22 PM

Received 1,898 Likes on 1,120 Posts

Really appreciate the perspective, speedy, thank you. I'm sure a lot of your job is pretty thankless, these days.
Old 11-29-16, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks a lot, speedy, for all the hard work you do.
Old 11-29-16, 09:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by speedy1961

Sooner or later, these assholes that run USPS, UPS, FedEx. are going to have to come to terms with the fact it's the 21st century and they should be fully operational 7 days a week.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.