Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBang
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only like the Welcome Package. Also remember that any preliminary codes are just that and BN could pull it, change the details or exclusions anything prior to release so always a bit of YMMV until the final release date

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc. There are glitches where sometimes an excluded item will be allowed but assume that is the exception to the rule
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Max 3 GC on a single online order.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order
Return period is 14 days after delivery (possibly 30 days for members though I've never tried)
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept
The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016

STORE ONLY 15% OFF Coupons -- Unknown if multi-use or if will work on 40% Off Items
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (I)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (II)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 6/30/2017 (III) -- possibly a Member Only Code

NOTBORING (thanks logboy)
15% Off Single Item online -- unknown exp
appears to be one time use, but please report if it works more than once

15% Off Single Item
OFFERS15
GROUPON15
RMN15
CABIN15
Expiration 6/28 -not sure if 6/28 or 6/29 2:59am ET though I suspect the latter

ONLINE CODES
ALL BELOW CODES ARE EXPIRED 5/23
25% off single item
None

20% Off Online Single Item
None

15% off One Item Online --
None

Upcoming possible codes -- let me know if you find they;re active

Finally hooked up with new coupons. With the coupon reset and possible new coupon policy, all bets are off on one-time vs multiuse online or instore. Note a few new variations for the first time since 2010 or so
"New Member" Welcome Coupons ONLINE ONLY EXPIRES ONLINE August 28, 2017 2:59am ET -- these should be one-time use per member online
M9A8N4E $10 off $40+ "Home & Gift" Single Item
R9M3X8V $5 off $20+ Toy or Game Single Item
Y9V3W9J $15 off Any Turntable
U7A4V4M $5 off Vinyl LP (THIS DOESN'T APPEAR TO WORK ON CDs)
U3F7K3D $5 off $50 or more total Purchase
C3M9W9M $5 off one DVD/Blu-ray priced $10 or higher (SO FAR I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THIS TO WORK FOR ANY ITEM)

"New Member" Printable IN-STORE MEMBER ONLY Coupons Expire end of business August 27, 2017
In store Free Tall Caffé Latte with Any Café Purchase
In store $15 Off One Turntable
In store $5 Off One Vinyl LP
In Store $5 Off One DVD/Blu-ray price of $10+
In store $5 off $50 Total Transaction
Print Wikipost

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Old 07-26-16, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by trespoochies View Post
What is this "DVD" you speak of?
https://www.amazon.com/X-files-Seaso...-files+blu-ray
Old 07-26-16, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

"Twin Peaks: The Original Series, Fire Walk With Me & The Missing Pieces" (the re-issue of the series coming in 2 months) is currently 49.99, $30 less than the previous set ("Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery") right now. I don't know if there's any meaningful difference between the two.

Last edited by DWilson; 07-26-16 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-26-16, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by DWilson View Post
"Twin Peaks: The Original Series, Fire Walk With Me & The Missing Pieces" (the re-issue of the series coming in 2 months) is currently 49.99, $30 less than the previous set ("Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery") right now. I don't know if there's any meaningful difference between the two.
This is a September 20th pre-order.
Old 07-26-16, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by DWilson View Post
I believe one disc with bonus content is dropped from the new set.
Old 07-26-16, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by pathman View Post
I believe one disc with bonus content is dropped from the new set.
Then I don't feel so bad that I picked it up from Best Buy when they did the one-day deal a while back.
BTW, it's down another dollar.
Old 07-27-16, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Jurassic World 3D - Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD) is $39.49 at Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Last edited by kahuna; 07-27-16 at 02:58 AM.
Old 07-27-16, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Main difference judging fromt eh Nordic and EU sets seems to be the packaging movign the discs to normal cases.

EDIT/Correction -- as pointed out below This is a 9 disc set and not the 10 disc set. The BN sales have fried much of my remaining brain cells. Apologies for jumping the gun
without double checking, but maybe a makeup

I think this is the critical disc and not inconsequential

Between Two Worlds (Disc 10, HD, 38 minutes): In what he underplays as "an interesting turn of events," David Lynch interviews Leland, Sarah and Laura Palmer (an in-character Ray Wise, Grace Zabriskie and Sheryl Lee), asking Leland about family memories and life after death, Sarah about her current whereabouts and pursuits, and Laura about her reflections on life, her time with her parents, and the beyond. It's a terribly strange epilogue yet so creepy, hypnotic and effective (particularly when Laura's speaking) that it's impossible to look away. Afterwards, the actors break character and break bread... erm, cherry pie for a much lighter, looser conversation about their time on the series. "It was the best of times," Wise begins. "It was the greatest experience!"

Moving Through Time: Fire Walk with Me Memories (Disc 10, HD, 30 minutes): The cast and crew of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me reminisce about the series' cancellation, the genesis and idea behind the film, the challenges Lynch faced in writing, casting and producing, MacLachlan's withdrawal from the project, recasting Donna Hayward after Lara Flynn Boyle declined to return, and other aspects of the film, its themes, characters, world, and integration of the supernatural and surreal.

Reflections on the Phenomenon of Twin Peaks (Disc 10, SD, 31 minutes): Also included is another collection of interviews with key members of the cast and crew of Fire Walk with Me, shot between May and August 2000.

Atmospherics (Disc 10, HD, 13 minutes): The discs' menus feature various environment and show clip loops set to series music and dialogue. Want to watch them individually? Sans text and other menu overlays? Here's your chance. Atmospherics include "Trees/Woods," "Pie," "Signs/Places," "Coffee," "Notes," "Water," "Donuts," "Owls," "The Ring" and "The Red Room"

Trailers (Disc 10, HD/SD, 5 minutes): Rounding out the 10-disc set are U.S. and international theatrical trailers for Fire Walk with Me, as well as a quick teaser for "The Missing Pieces" deleted scenes.

Fire Walk with Me Photo Gallery (Disc 10, HD): Production photographs from the film.
Between Two Worlds is nice but I can't say that somebody absolutely should pay $30 more for it to somebody who didnt feel the need to pick up the series already.
Old 07-27-16, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Anchorman is $3.69 on Amazon. #bluray
Old 07-29-16, 09:48 AM

Speaking of -- teh UK new release which is listed as 10 Discs is 19.99GBP (approx $26shipped) tonight as opposed to the US 9 Disc release.

I'm trying to confirm if the UK release is mislisted or actually still has all 10 discs included, but even if not it's half the price of the US set.
The first pics seem to confirm it's a 10 disc standard BD case instead of the old cardboard packs, but no direct reports of in hand purchases yet
As of this morning it's no longer available at that price, but I managed to order one yesterday. I'm pretty confident it's the 10-disc set but will confirm when mine gets here.
Old 07-30-16, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I ended up going for the London Has Fallen BD for $9.99.
Old 07-30-16, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

https://www.amazon.com/ESPN-30-J-Ame...=bluray-034-20

OJ: Made in America. The ABC/ESPN documentary that aired in June is now $19.96

For those who didn't see it, it's freaking amazing.

Remember, it's 7 1/2 hours long. So the price is more than worth it.

Currently out of stock though.
Old 07-30-16, 08:38 PM

First confirmation that the new UK release does have 10 Discs and comes in a std 10 disc case with a slipcase. Same discs as teh 2014 release

Looks like Amazon UK has it in stock again still at 20GBP so around $26 shipped
That version is not Region Free, though, is it? I ordered but canceled when I realized it was Region B.
Old 07-30-16, 10:25 PM

Any reason to believe it's not region free other than the unreliable Amazon listings

First report said they're the same discs. I'd say 95%+ they're both Region Free since I've never known a re-release to change region status plus Universal and Paramount both tend to release region free other than a few coreleases with Studio Canal
I will be pissed if that turns out to be true, because I cancelled the order based on the Amazon listing details since I can't play Region B discs. I guess I can keep checking if it comes back in stock.

EDIT: It did show up again on Sunday night for the sale price and I ordered. Looks like they only restock with one or two copies at a time because the sale price disappeared as soon as I ordered. But thanks hariseldon for the tip and the info that it's Region Free.

Last edited by muggsy; 08-02-16 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-01-16, 04:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Bourne Classified Collection (Bourne Identity / Bourne Supremacy / Bourne Ultimatum / Bourne Legacy) (Blu-ray + Digital HD) for $19.99.

Receive $5.00 Amazon.com Gift Card with your Bourne purchase
Today only, purchase The Bourne Classified Collection and pre-order Jason Bourne and receive a $5.00 Amazon gift card via email after your shipment is completed. This offer ends at 11:59 p.m. (PT) on Monday, August 1, 2016. Items must be shipped and sold by Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Old 08-02-16, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just bought Batman Returns for $3.80 (another of those exclusively for Prime member deals). Don't believe it's ever been that cheap before. Temporarily out of stock, but I was still able to place an order. Link
Old 08-02-16, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 View Post
Just bought Batman Returns for $3.80 (another of those exclusively for Prime member deals). Don't believe it's ever been that cheap before. Temporarily out of stock, but I was still able to place an order. Link
Thanks, ordered.
Old 08-02-16, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I *almost* jumped on Batman Returns but then found "The Motion Picture Anthology" on Amazon UK for £7.99 - it's region free. After shipping it was $12.94 US (*not* using Amazon's currency converter or adding my CC 1% forex fee) for ~$3.25/title. Sure those last two films are pretty much dreck but I'm somewhat a completist and "need" them too.
Old 08-02-16, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BobO'Link View Post
I *almost* jumped on Batman Returns but then found "The Motion Picture Anthology" on Amazon UK for £7.99 - it's region free. After shipping it was $12.94 US (*not* using Amazon's currency converter or adding my CC 1% forex fee) for ~$3.25/title. Sure those last two films are pretty much dreck but I'm somewhat a completist and "need" them too.
Sometimes I'm a completist. However, in this case, I've resisted any urge to add those other films to my library.
Old 08-02-16, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Likewise. I already had Batman/Batman Returns. That's where it ends in terms of those early flicks - I don't care how cheap the set is.
Old 08-02-16, 12:35 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

I get weird pleasure out of occasionally watching the later films, but DVD is more than good enough for them.
Old 08-02-16, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 View Post
Sometimes I'm a completist. However, in this case, I've resisted any urge to add those other films to my library.
Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
Likewise. I already had Batman/Batman Returns. That's where it ends in terms of those early flicks - I don't care how cheap the set is.
I *should* be like you guys... but have this odd desire to own them anyway. I mainly own Batman Forever for the line "Holy rusted metal, Batman!" It cracked me up, I'm a fan of the 66 Batman TV show, and watch it just for that line. Jim Carey, who I generally don't care for, as Riddler *almost* makes the movie worth watching even without the throw away line from Robin. He's almost as good as Gorshin in the role.
Old 08-02-16, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yikes. I thought Carey was the single worst thing about that flick.
Old 08-02-16, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Carey and Jones were both pretty awful.
Old 08-02-16, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Another random drop--The Patriot is $3.74. Link

Again, temporarily out of stock but you can still order.

I wonder if this might be a mistake. I figured based on the price, they were price matching Walmart. But I checked and it's the DVD that's $3.74.
Old 08-03-16, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BobO'Link View Post
I *should* be like you guys... but have this odd desire to own them anyway. I mainly own Batman Forever for the line "Holy rusted metal, Batman!" It cracked me up, I'm a fan of the 66 Batman TV show, and watch it just for that line. Jim Carey, who I generally don't care for, as Riddler *almost* makes the movie worth watching even without the throw away line from Robin. He's almost as good as Gorshin in the role.
It's far from being a perfect film or even a particularly good one but I've always sort of liked Batman Forever. A lot of things about it aren't great but there are a lot of elements I enjoy. The performances by Carey and Jones are pretty over the top but in a weird way I like them. It's like Schumacher was going for camp value but didn't take it to quite the extreme as he did with Batman & Robin. I also didn't mind Kilmer and liked O'Donnell as Robin. Nicole Kidman was also in her prime too and pretty sexy as Chase Meridian.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.