Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBang
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only like the Welcome Package. Also remember that any preliminary codes are just that and BN could pull it, change the details or exclusions anything prior to release so always a bit of YMMV until the final release date

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc. There are glitches where sometimes an excluded item will be allowed but assume that is the exception to the rule
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Max 3 GC on a single online order.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order
Return period is 14 days after delivery (possibly 30 days for members though I've never tried)
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept
The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016

STORE ONLY 15% OFF Coupons -- Unknown if multi-use or if will work on 40% Off Items
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (I)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (II)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 6/30/2017 (III) -- possibly a Member Only Code

NOTBORING (thanks logboy)
15% Off Single Item online -- unknown exp
appears to be one time use, but please report if it works more than once

15% Off Single Item
OFFERS15
GROUPON15
RMN15
CABIN15
Expiration 6/28 -not sure if 6/28 or 6/29 2:59am ET though I suspect the latter

ONLINE CODES
ALL BELOW CODES ARE EXPIRED 5/23
25% off single item
None

20% Off Online Single Item
None

15% off One Item Online --
None

Upcoming possible codes -- let me know if you find they;re active

Finally hooked up with new coupons. With the coupon reset and possible new coupon policy, all bets are off on one-time vs multiuse online or instore. Note a few new variations for the first time since 2010 or so
"New Member" Welcome Coupons ONLINE ONLY EXPIRES ONLINE August 28, 2017 2:59am ET -- these should be one-time use per member online
M9A8N4E $10 off $40+ "Home & Gift" Single Item
R9M3X8V $5 off $20+ Toy or Game Single Item
Y9V3W9J $15 off Any Turntable
U7A4V4M $5 off Vinyl LP (THIS DOESN'T APPEAR TO WORK ON CDs)
U3F7K3D $5 off $50 or more total Purchase
C3M9W9M $5 off one DVD/Blu-ray priced $10 or higher (SO FAR I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THIS TO WORK FOR ANY ITEM)

"New Member" Printable IN-STORE MEMBER ONLY Coupons Expire end of business August 27, 2017
In store Free Tall Caffé Latte with Any Café Purchase
In store $15 Off One Turntable
In store $5 Off One Vinyl LP
In Store $5 Off One DVD/Blu-ray price of $10+
In store $5 off $50 Total Transaction
Print Wikipost

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Old 07-05-16, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Good catch on the codes. That is quite a bit more tempting for a series that I've already bought twice before.
Old 07-05-16, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Inhumans99 View Post
I am very tempted to pick this up just for the HD UV codes (assuming I can watch them using the Vudu app.)...and if the book about the Bond posters is really nice I may decide to keep the set instead of selling it.
Same here even though I have all the movies on BD already.
Old 07-05-16, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm much more interested in the physical media than the codes ... Not sure if I want to pull the trigger, but would anybody want to work out a deal?

Eh, looks like it's too late ... Unless somebody ordered.
Old 07-06-16, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Someone on here or that other forum was selling the entire Bond collection UV DC for about 48$, That's a fantastic deal. Hopefully some of you guys took advantage and bought it to go off and resell it.
Old 07-07-16, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

LOTR: Extended Edition set is $26.99 Gold Box deal of the day on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Fe...dition+blu-ray
Old 07-08-16, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Star Trek : The Next Generation $105.

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Gen...ration+blu+ray
Old 07-08-16, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^Region free BR from Amazon UK is currently ~$66 shipped (using Amazon's currency converter) to the US.

*use CTRL key when clicking the link - otherwise it'll likely take you to Amazon US instead of Amazon UK*

Last edited by BobO'Link; 07-08-16 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-08-16, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Classic Films View Post
Star Trek : The Next Generation $105.

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Gen...ration+blu+ray

Dammit, Makes me now wish I didn't buy the individual seasons at $50 a pop. I only need season 7 and I'm done. And season 7 is still in the high 60-70 range.
Old 07-08-16, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Best Buy had it a few weeks ago for $99.99 for a few days. I used a $15 RZ gift certificate to buy in on that. Well worth it, but the packaging sucks to high heaven.
Old 07-09-16, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Makes me now wish I didn't buy the individual seasons at $50 a pop. I only need season 7 and I'm done. And season 7 is still in the high 60-70 range.
My sentiments exactly as I am in a similar situation (I think I paid $30ish for each season). I am hoping S7 drops to about $30ish. Otherwise it's likely I will never get S7.
Old 07-09-16, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

With the new TOS complete set priced so cheaply I figured I would be able to score the original 3 individual sets for the same price, or even less. I was right and scored a new set for less than I would have paid anywhere else. I'm hoping to do the same with TNG eventually, even if I have to get them one at a time or in separate groups. Because yes, that big thick brick packaging should be avoided. Both the TOS and TNG sets are even DVD height rather than typical BD height.
Old 07-09-16, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Amazon Warehouse Deals has a PRIME specific offer today only - additional 20% off with coupon code WDEARLY20 or WDEARLY. Valid ONLY on items purchased from and fulfilled by Amazon Warehouse. Managed to knock the below titles off my Amazon wishlist for $47:

Bridges of Madison County
Dr. Jekyll and Mister Hyde (Kino Classics Deluxe Edition)
Lust for Life (Kirk Douglas)
Blancanieves (Cohen Film collection)
The White Tower (WAC DVD)
Old 07-10-16, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Empire Records in $4.99 on Amazon.
Old 07-10-16, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Star Trek: TNG season 7 is now $48.49

Lowest it's been in a long time. I'm leaning towards getting it and finally being done with TNG, but the previous 5 sets are now $32.99 each. I would love for it to drop to that price, but who knows when that will happen.
Old 07-10-16, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Star Trek: TNG season 7 is now $48.49

Lowest it's been in a long time. I'm leaning towards getting it and finally being done with TNG, but the previous 5 sets are now $32.99 each. I would love for it to drop to that price, but who knows when that will happen.
Great catch. Tempting but still not low enough for me as I've paid $30ish for all the others... especially when the complete series is just over $100 right now...
Old 07-10-16, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Looks like several Kino Studio classic titles are back down to $12.99 - $13.99, including among others:

MALONE
DR. GOLDFOOT
THE CHALLENGE
THE BLACK SLEEP
CURSE OF THE FACELESS MAN
DONOVAN'S BRAIN
YONGARY
THE VIKINGS
PHANTOM FROM 10,000 LEAGUES
etc.
Old 07-10-16, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The Star Trek Next Generation 4-film collection on BD is $16.99.
Old 07-10-16, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

While it might get cheaper I think I'll jump on Star Trek: The Next Generation Season Seven. I've got all the rest of the seasons and the edited together two part episode "movies" besides the last one and the All Good Things release.
Old 07-10-16, 09:11 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
While it might get cheaper I think I'll jump on Star Trek: The Next Generation Season Seven. I've got all the rest of the seasons and the edited together two part episode "movies" besides the last one and the All Good Things release.
Spend $50 for one season when you can get all 7 seasons for $65? Does not compute.
Old 07-10-16, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Spend $50 for one season when you can get all 7 seasons for $65? Does not compute.
I have the others so there's no reason for me to double dip on six seasons I own even if it isn't a lot more. I might go the UK route for Enterprise as I only have the first season of it.
Old 07-11-16, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
I have the others so there's no reason for me to double dip on six seasons I own even if it isn't a lot more. I might go the UK route for Enterprise as I only have the first season of it.
You could probably sell your used copies to Amazon and get a bit more than that UK set costs.
Old 07-11-16, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Star Trek TOS $49.99 (2009 release)

Last edited by Lecithin; 07-11-16 at 02:39 PM.
Old 07-11-16, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I spent around $300 for seasons 1-6 of TNG. I think that would be foolish to sell them just to get $40-50 total. That doesn't even count the 2 hour movies that were sold separately.

Looks like the TNG season 7 is sold out via Amazon and is now only available via 3rd party.

You're either happy with your purchase in the end or not. I'm happy, but sure you can't help but have a little regret. Could I have waited until 2016 and got them in the complete series pack for $100? Sure, but there was no guarantee at the time these were coming out that was even going to happen. I wanted to support to the product at the time so they would continue to release the future seasons.
Old 07-11-16, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Lecithin View Post
Star Trek TOS $49.99 (2009 release)
That's a excellent price! I purchased that same set, from Amazon.ca (and with the Canadian labeling), for a few dollars more than that thinking it'd never be that cheap in the US!

For those who care - that set is 3 individual multi-disc BR cases for each season - one disc per page side with episode listings on the back of the label, visible through the case (after a disc has been removed). The new set is in a DVD sized case with *2* discs per page side. The case is identical to what's used for all those new full series DVD sets from CBS. Content on both is identical.
Old 07-11-16, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I spent around $300 for seasons 1-6 of TNG. I think that would be foolish to sell them just to get $40-50 total. That doesn't even count the 2 hour movies that were sold separately.

Looks like the TNG season 7 is sold out via Amazon and is now only available via 3rd party.

You're either happy with your purchase in the end or not. I'm happy, but sure you can't help but have a little regret. Could I have waited until 2016 and got them in the complete series pack for $100? Sure, but there was no guarantee at the time these were coming out that was even going to happen. I wanted to support to the product at the time so they would continue to release the future seasons.
FWIW the 2 hour "movies" are not included in that full series set and must still be purchased individually.

I got over buyer's regret long ago. I have *many* series/seasons/movies that I could have waited on and purchased for *far* less than what I paid initially. For every one of those I have another that's now OOP and commanding *far* more than I paid. I look upon it as a entertainment investment. If I was happy with a price at the time of the purchase I just don't care if it goes on sale for less at some later date.

I've also double-dipped on complete series sets just to get a couple of seasons for less than I'd spend for those seasons alone. I've made two such purchases this month. For every one of those cases I've either gifted the extras or sold them to get a few $$ back.

Four months ago I finished purchasing ST:TNG on DVD (yes, intentionally as it's not a favorite and I thought DVD would be "good enough" - it was purchased solely to complete my ST collection) only to have that incredible BR deal come up from Amazon UK. I did a double-dip purchase based solely on a few online comparisons of the PQ. I'll gift those DVD sets (I doubt I'd get anything selling them) in spite of paying about the same for them *used* as I paid for the BR full series set *new.* Do I regret those DVD purchases? Not at all. I've now finally seen the series all the way through and, while I still don't care for it that much, found it's a bit better than I'd given it credit for being.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.