Reload this Page >

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBang
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only like the Welcome Package. Also remember that any preliminary codes are just that and BN could pull it, change the details or exclusions anything prior to release so always a bit of YMMV until the final release date

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc. There are glitches where sometimes an excluded item will be allowed but assume that is the exception to the rule
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Max 3 GC on a single online order.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order
Return period is 14 days after delivery (possibly 30 days for members though I've never tried)
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept
The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016

STORE ONLY 15% OFF Coupons -- Unknown if multi-use or if will work on 40% Off Items
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (I)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (II)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 6/30/2017 (III) -- possibly a Member Only Code

NOTBORING (thanks logboy)
15% Off Single Item online -- unknown exp
appears to be one time use, but please report if it works more than once

15% Off Single Item
OFFERS15
GROUPON15
RMN15
CABIN15
Expiration 6/28 -not sure if 6/28 or 6/29 2:59am ET though I suspect the latter

ONLINE CODES
ALL BELOW CODES ARE EXPIRED 5/23
25% off single item
None

20% Off Online Single Item
None

15% off One Item Online --
None

Upcoming possible codes -- let me know if you find they;re active

Finally hooked up with new coupons. With the coupon reset and possible new coupon policy, all bets are off on one-time vs multiuse online or instore. Note a few new variations for the first time since 2010 or so
"New Member" Welcome Coupons ONLINE ONLY EXPIRES ONLINE August 28, 2017 2:59am ET -- these should be one-time use per member online
M9A8N4E $10 off $40+ "Home & Gift" Single Item
R9M3X8V $5 off $20+ Toy or Game Single Item
Y9V3W9J $15 off Any Turntable
U7A4V4M $5 off Vinyl LP (THIS DOESN'T APPEAR TO WORK ON CDs)
U3F7K3D $5 off $50 or more total Purchase
C3M9W9M $5 off one DVD/Blu-ray priced $10 or higher (SO FAR I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THIS TO WORK FOR ANY ITEM)

"New Member" Printable IN-STORE MEMBER ONLY Coupons Expire end of business August 27, 2017
In store Free Tall Caffé Latte with Any Café Purchase
In store $15 Off One Turntable
In store $5 Off One Vinyl LP
In Store $5 Off One DVD/Blu-ray price of $10+
In store $5 off $50 Total Transaction
Print Wikipost

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-14, 09:08 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Fargo S1 is $19.99
Old 12-15-14, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Sleeping Beauty Diamond is $18.99 about to bite since Diamonds don't usually drop below that. That'd bring me to seven owned, three to go (Beauty and the Beast, Bambi, Lady and the Tramp).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/Sle...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Old 12-16-14, 06:18 AM

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is down to $9.96
Old 12-16-14, 06:44 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

fuuuuuuck.
Old 12-16-14, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tbender
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is down to $9.96
That has to be one of the fastest price drops in recent memory

It looks like the MetalPak that includes the 3D version is also on sale at Best Buy for $17.99
Old 12-16-14, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
That has to be one of the fastest price drops in recent memory

It looks like the MetalPak that includes the 3D version is also on sale at Best Buy for $17.99
There is also a $5 coupon I listed in the coupon.com thread.
Old 12-16-14, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Time to price match at Target, use the 10% off cartwheel coupon and the $5 off manufacturer's coupon for a total of $4.
Old 12-16-14, 10:15 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

Crap, and I thought I was getting a great deal from FoxConnect on Balack Friday for was it $15? Tempted to buy it again at $13 to get the Steelbook.
Old 12-16-14, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
Crap, and I thought I was getting a great deal from FoxConnect on Balack Friday for was it $15? Tempted to buy it again at $13 to get the Steelbook.
Same here.
Old 12-16-14, 10:29 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Best Buy is tempting with the steelbook, but I think I'm going to use my Target Red Card and get the additional discount.
Old 12-16-14, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If you missed the previous or can't wait for the next Criterion sale at B&N, or don't care for B&N, Amazon has a number of Criterions on sale for slightly more or slightly less than 50% off. Individual titles like Time Bandits, The Night Porter etc. are 21.99 while the 2 new box sets-Les Blank, Tati, are 59.99 which is 52% off. Amazon doesn't charge me tax so the 21.99 is pretty much what I'd pay at B&N without a coupon.
Old 12-16-14, 11:10 AM

EDIT - That was quick! Back up to $14.99 now. Glad I got one as I missed it on Black Friday.

------------------------------------------------

How to Train Your Dragon 2 $9.96

Looks like they PM'ed Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart is now OOS, so act quick...

Last edited by TonyS; 12-16-14 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-16-14, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jwstl
If you missed the previous or can't wait for the next Criterion sale at B&N, or don't care for B&N, Amazon has a number of Criterions on sale for slightly more or slightly less than 50% off. Individual titles like Time Bandits, The Night Porter etc. are 21.99 while the 2 new box sets-Les Blank, Tati, are 59.99 which is 52% off. Amazon doesn't charge me tax so the 21.99 is pretty much what I'd pay at B&N without a coupon.
When using the tax angle to compare prices keep in mind that in many states Amazon does indeed charge the same sales tax as any other store in that state.
Old 12-16-14, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
When using the tax angle to compare prices keep in mind that in many states Amazon does indeed charge the same sales tax as any other store in that state.
I figured that was clear when I said "Amazon doesn't charge ME tax". I can't speak for everyone else.
Old 12-16-14, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Changeling - $3.05
Rated "fresh" on rotten tomatoes. IMO, well worth the $3.
Old 12-17-14, 12:51 AM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Batman Complete is now $150. Slowly but surely the price is coming down. Now cheaper than Costco.

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Complet.../dp/B00LT1JHLW
Old 12-17-14, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

Originally Posted by Classic Films
Batman Complete is now $150. Slowly but surely the price is coming down. Now cheaper than Costco.

It's pretty apparent the reissue set will be under $100 in most stores by next Christmas. I guess they want to move these limited edition sets with the coming wave of a cheaper reissued version.
Old 12-17-14, 04:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
It's pretty apparent the reissue set will be under $100 in most stores by next Christmas. I guess they want to move these limited edition sets with the coming wave of a cheaper reissued version.
I was at a Best Buy over the weekend and they had a shit ton of these. I'd guess there were probably thirty or forty of them stacked up. There were no empty spaces, and it didn't look like they sold any of them.

I suspect that the demand for this release was greatly over-estimated.

I might pick one up at Big Lots for $10 next summer.
Old 12-17-14, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I suspect that the demand for this release was greatly over-estimated.
I don't know overestimated as much as overpriced. I would like a copy but there is no way in hell I am going to pay $150 for 3 seasons of ANY TV show. Myself and everyone else are now accustomed to way cheaper prices.

I just bought the entire series of Family Ties at Costco for $33.

They should have started with an MSRP of $100 and then these may have sold. Even then, more than $20 a season might still put many people off buying them.
Old 12-17-14, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

I have not really looked to much into Batman: The Complete Series LE.
The list price of $270 was really crazy high.

Price is dropping really fast,the studio really blew it.

Even at $150/$175 way to high for me.I might buy around $80,or just wait for
next release.
Also the set has Defective Discs that need replacement.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...vision-series/
Old 12-17-14, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JoeySeven
I have not really looked to much into Batman: The Complete Series LE.
The list price of $270 was really crazy high.

Price is dropping really fast,the studio really blew it.

Even at $150/$175 way to high for me.I might buy around $80,or just wait for
next release.
Also the set has Defective Discs that need replacement.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...vision-series/
The new Standard Edition has the same "defective" discs.
Old 12-17-14, 11:41 AM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

The I Love Lucy, Andy Griffith, and Honeymooners (Classic 39) Season 1 sets are still selling at very high prices with I Love Lucy clocking in at over $68 currently. High prices for classic TV on blu ray is not limited to Batman. Hopefully by next Christmas they will be more reasonable but I haven't heard anything about future seasons. At least with Batman you have the whole series and they can't say demand wasn't high enough to release further seasons.
Old 12-17-14, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will be cheaper at B&N tomorrow (in-store only). Currently $161.99, but they will have 25% non-member (and 30% member) coupons starting tomorrow. 25% would bring it down to $121.50. $102.06 if you're a member and can use the 30% off coupon, and even less if you have a B&N MC (which I do).

I'm not disagreeing that these will be found for less at some point, but I'm gonna get it at B&N tomorrow. For $102, I'm satisfied.

Note these are one-time use coupons, so if you aren't on their email list, you won't have one. BUT the B&N thread will have several people giving away extra 25% off coupons. I know I will be. So if you need a coupon, go there. We don't have them yet, but starting tomorrow we will.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 12-17-14 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-17-14, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
I don't know overestimated as much as overpriced. I would like a copy but there is no way in hell I am going to pay $150 for 3 seasons of ANY TV show. Myself and everyone else are now accustomed to way cheaper prices.

I just bought the entire series of Family Ties at Costco for $33.

They should have started with an MSRP of $100 and then these may have sold. Even then, more than $20 a season might still put many people off buying them.
Yes, it's a bit overpriced. Yes it's *3* seasons. BUT one of those seasons is fully twice as long as a "normal" season from those years as there were 2 episodes per week the entire season. Considering how it was aired there are really *4* seasons worth of material - and those are mid-late 60s seasons with far more episodes than any "modern" series.

Season 1 = 34 episodes
Season 2 = 60 episodes
Season 3 = 26 episodes

120 half hour episodes. The modern equivalent of 6 full seasons (or more) when you take into consideration most of the current crop of programs can't seem to muster more than 20 episodes per season, if that many.

If you're gonna grouse about the price-per-season you need to make sure it's a apples-to-apples type comparison. Maybe compare Batman to a Star Trek release.

You picked up Family Ties for far less. It's also been on the market for years (S1 was released in 2007), wasn't as "big" as Batman during original airings, and had far fewer legal hassles getting to the market. Even with the price you paid, single seasons are *still* selling in the $20/each price range. Heck, I recently purchased the entire run of X-Files *new* for ~$80 but that's also about what a *single* season cost when it was first released.

IMHO - Batman is a bargain if it's under ~$150 for BR or $120 for DVD.
Old 12-17-14, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Yes, it's a bit overpriced. Yes it's *3* seasons. BUT one of those seasons is fully twice as long as a "normal" season from those years as there were 2 episodes per week the entire season. Considering how it was aired there are really *4* seasons worth of material - and those are mid-late 60s seasons with far more episodes than any "modern" series.

Season 1 = 34 episodes
Season 2 = 60 episodes
Season 3 = 26 episodes

120 half hour episodes. The modern equivalent of 6 full seasons (or more) when you take into consideration most of the current crop of programs can't seem to muster more than 20 episodes per season, if that many.

If you're gonna grouse about the price-per-season you need to make sure it's a apples-to-apples type comparison. Maybe compare Batman to a Star Trek release.

You picked up Family Ties for far less. It's also been on the market for years (S1 was released in 2007), wasn't as "big" as Batman during original airings, and had far fewer legal hassles getting to the market. Even with the price you paid, single seasons are *still* selling in the $20/each price range. Heck, I recently purchased the entire run of X-Files *new* for ~$80 but that's also about what a *single* season cost when it was first released.

IMHO - Batman is a bargain if it's under ~$150 for BR or $120 for DVD.
Thanks for the info. I forgot it had a double season, so that definitely makes it more worthwhile price-wise.

With the Star Trek set, I was attracted to the special features and two versions of each episode. I paid a little over $110 bucks for that but now I believe even that series hit around 75 bucks or less once or twice this holiday season. And when I paid $110, that was considered a steal at the time.

I just think so many complete series have been released on DVD and that even though a series may be on BD and look phenomenal, a $150 price tag just looks really high. Gone are the days of Laser Disc prices. And especially when you start seeing price drops on every other series and movie set lately. I felt like a total dope buying the Bond set a couple of years ago for $150 (without Skyfall) when a month later, they were selling that set for $100.

I think people want the product but may be getting tired of being burned by buying early. $150 looks like a lot of dough for anything on BD or DVD nowadays. Then knowing that in all likelihood that it is going to drop well below that price eventually (and likely sooner than expected), makes buyers conscious. Especially if they still have wrapped TV series still sitting on their shelf, unwatched, from the last good deal they found...like I do.

The current prices on stuff like Alien quadrilogy still kill me how good they are. Consumers have gotten used to that.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.