Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Bond 22 film set $99.99 Deal of Day Amazon 11/24

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-12, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon Blu-ray Discounts and Deals Thread #27

Originally Posted by ThePhantomGoat
Bottom line is that they dropped the ball.
Uh, sorry. If you wanted it and didn't get it, you dropped the ball. Expecting deals to last indefinitely, or for a set period, regardless of demand or available quantities is unreasonable.
Old 11-24-12, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePhantomGoat
The thing is, the people that run amazon aren't idiots.... they knew the quantity they had available, and they knew the HIGH demand (even going as far to promote this deal all week long).

Bottom line is that they dropped the ball.
So, I guess they shouldn't have put the set on sale at all, then.

Come to think of it, Amazon shouldn't have any sales at all during the holidays. Because they know the potential to sellout quickly, is very possible and more than likely will not reach the entire deadline of that sale.
Old 11-24-12, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by davidh777
They don't want that film associated with their "official" canon.
If nothing else, I wish they would re-release it. The prices for it are crazy on Amazon Marketplace.
Old 11-24-12, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by cgray
Uh, sorry. If you wanted it and didn't get it, you dropped the ball. Expecting deals to last indefinitely, or for a set period, regardless of demand or available quantities is unreasonable.
Yep, exactly. They're under no obligation to keep their daily deals going for the entire day, and when they run out of stock, they run out of stock. I really don't get all the bellyachin' over this -- it's not the first time they've done something like this (as an earlier poster noted, they did this *yesterday* with the PS Vita deal).

Glad I set my alarm for 2:59am last night. My Bond 50 box just shipped!
Old 11-24-12, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carnage6
And you just proved his point. It should have been a lightning deal in that case. "Deal of the day" implies the deal is good for the whole day. It's not called "Couple hour deal".
Their DoD's happen 365 days a year, and they DO sometimes sell out before the end of the day. This is nothing new. Granted, today's sold out quicker than most, but there is never a guarantee the item will last all day. They always have a limited quantity available.
Old 11-24-12, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Bond 22 film set $99.99 Deal of Day Amazon 11/24

Lol. I'm with you, Dirk. My gf is cool about the hobby most of the time, but has a breaking point as most do and probably should. However she just returned from a trip with her mother and is bound and determined not to be like her mother and that includes no incessant complaining about spending too much. It's a window of opportunity and coincided well with this year's Black Friday.
Old 11-24-12, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

I feel the same damn way about getting packages as some of you. Whenever I'm home and here the doorbell ring and I know it's something for me I feel like I have to do the walk of shame. Especially when it's stuff coming in a few days in a row or a couple days a week.
Old 11-24-12, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Here's a way to get a $10 coupon when you buy the Bond set.

If you have a Citi card and enter CITIBNK2 during checkout it will get you a $10 off $50 purchase coupon later on.

Details at this link.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000854371
I entered the code. I think it said "promotion applied" or something like that. My amazon account has a citicard linked to it. But I don't see any mention of it on the order link and I didnt receive anything saying I had the coupon. Any idea on how you know if you got it? Should I be complaining to someone if I didnt?

e
L nny
Old 11-24-12, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Crap, I didn't know about the Citi promo either. ARGH! Mebbe I can find something else to buy...
Old 11-24-12, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jdpatri
It's not a "Deal FOR the Day."

"Deal of the Day" doesn't imply that it'll be there all day. It has never worked that way. Amazon doesn't claim it does.

Retailers or E-tailers will hardly, if ever, offer such a great deal no questions asked, for as many people that want the deal. That's why the phrase "while supplies last" was invented. As has been mentioned, retailers negotiate a price on so many units to use specifically for a deal to sell at a discount. Once those units are gone... the supply is gone. They can't, nor should you expect them, take a hit on inventory that cost them regular price. Just because Amazon is a massive retail monster doesn't mean we all get the milk them dry. If you want these deals available at all, they have to limit the quantity sold.
You know who else didn't honor the Deal of the Day? The Nazis.
Old 11-24-12, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Mebbe I can find something else to buy...
I'd be shocked!
Old 11-24-12, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cgray
This.

The Bond set was available for several hours. I'd like to know how many boxsets they sold because it had to be well into the thousands. This wasn't some lame understocked deal just to get us to their website.
Old 11-24-12, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ctowner1
I entered the code. I think it said "promotion applied" or something like that. My amazon account has a citicard linked to it. But I don't see any mention of it on the order link and I didnt receive anything saying I had the coupon. Any idea on how you know if you got it? Should I be complaining to someone if I didnt?

e
L nny
You get the coupon later. In the terms it mentions the $10 coupon code will get sent out around December 18. May want to copy and save all the terms just in case it gets removed later by Amazon. Then if you don't get it when promised you can contact Amazon customer service about it.

Amazon.com will use reasonable efforts to send your individual promotion code via email by December 18, 2012; however, Amazon.com accepts no responsibility or liability in the event that your individual promotion code is sent later than such date.
Old 11-24-12, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 327 Likes on 199 Posts

I almost bought this this morning but I am hoping for a deeper discount when skyfall hit br, or perhaps the same price for this and skyfall together.
Old 11-24-12, 08:15 PM

I really wanted to get this but was in Athens for the UGA-GT game so wasn't near a computer and forgot to charge my phone...DOH!!

Oh well, I have them all on DVD so that will last me until I can get the set at a later time.
Old 11-24-12, 08:15 PM

Wasn't the Bond 50 a limited edition set to begin with? If my memory serves me right, why is there an automatic assumption the set will be available this time next year AND cheaper?

While its certainly possible, I wouldn't bank on it.
Old 11-24-12, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by IJMSPORT
Wasn't the Bond 50 a limited edition set to begin with? If my memory serves me right, why is there an automatic assumption the set will be available this time next year AND cheaper?

This.
Old 11-24-12, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Their DoD's happen 365 days a year, and they DO sometimes sell out before the end of the day. This is nothing new. Granted, today's sold out quicker than most, but there is never a guarantee the item will last all day. They always have a limited quantity available.
I guess it's been mentioned, but I don't remember a DOTD selling out.. In fact there were times I would intentionally wait until late in the day when it was OOS to order an item I was unsure I really wanted. That way I could think about it a little before some more got in and it shipped. I guess I just missed those posts or never had it happen to me before.
Old 11-24-12, 08:56 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by IJMSPORT

"Limited Edition" is uses loosely for Home Video.
Old 11-24-12, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
So, I guess they shouldn't have put the set on sale at all, then.

Come to think of it, Amazon shouldn't have any sales at all during the holidays. Because they know the potential to sellout quickly, is very possible and more than likely will not reach the entire deadline of that sale.
No, they should've just made it a lightening deal and not the deal of the day.
Old 11-24-12, 10:50 PM

Are we still debating lightning deal versus deal of the day? Let it go.
Old 11-24-12, 10:53 PM

You get the coupon later. In the terms it mentions the $10 coupon code will get sent out around December 18. May want to copy and save all the terms just in case it gets removed later by Amazon. Then if you don't get it when promised you can contact Amazon customer service about it.
Thanks, Lasermovies. So no way to confirm I entered the code in correctly and am due to receive to coupon code until 12/18 rolls around and I get it or I don't?

Also: iirc, there was talk of a mini version of the recent Bond poster book included with this set. Does anyone know if that's the case? Or is it just the BD's (not that I'm complaining if there's no book- its still an awesome deal- just wondering)?

e
L nny
Old 11-24-12, 11:08 PM

Also: iirc, there was talk of a mini version of the recent Bond poster book included with this set. Does anyone know if that's the case? Or is it just the BD's (not that I'm complaining if there's no book- its still an awesome deal- just wondering)
Only the initial shipments of the set when it was first released had the book attached. Now you will get the set by itself. Still a great deal as you said.
Old 11-24-12, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks, Lasermovies. So no way to confirm I entered the code in correctly and am due to receive to coupon code until 12/18 rolls around and I get it or I don't?

e
L nny
I don't see what the problem would be if your order was $50 or more and you entered the code correctly. You mentioned you saw it said the promotion applied after entering the code. I would assume that indicates it went through and your order qualified. You just have to wait it out.
Old 11-25-12, 02:16 AM

I don't see what the problem would be if your order was $50 or more and you entered the code correctly. You mentioned you saw it said the promotion applied after entering the code. I would assume that indicates it went through and your order qualified. You just have to wait it out.
Well- it said "promotion applied"- but I saw no mention of a coupon. So I actually tried entering the code again, and got a message like "not valid" or something like that (as opposed to saying "code already applied"). So it gave me some doubt if I had done it right. But as you say, it was a purchase over $50 and I did use a citicard to buy it- so hopefully in December I'll get the coupon.

e
L nny

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.