Reload this Page >

Brave Blu-ray $9 at Walmart, $6 off two copies = $12 for two copies of Brave

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 11-22-12, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Disney Movie Rewards has a coupon out for $6 off two select Disney Blu-ray titles. Brave is currently $9 at Wal-Mart in store (early pricing) and you can purchase it with the coupon and get two copies for $12 total.

It works. I picked up four copies: one for myself, one for my Mom, one for my Aunt, and an extra copy.

YMMV. In stores at Wal-Mart only. This is active right now.
Old 11-22-12, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Re: Brave Blu-ray $9 at Walmart, $6 off two copies = $12 for two copies of Brave

There are other titles in store and on sale right now. Prometheus and Arthur Christmas are also $9 each.

I know that some DVD titles are also included on sale. I picked up True Blood S3 and S4 as gifts for $10 each.
Old 11-22-12, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Brave Blu-ray $9 at Walmart, $6 off two copies = $12 for two copies of Brave

Link?
Old 11-22-12, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

You have to log into DMR and go to the Special Offers section to get the coupon.
Old 11-22-12, 11:06 AM

Thanks OP! Just got back. Got 2 copies of Brave (used the coupon), got Arthur Christmas, and since the video games are already on sale got Lego Batman 2 and Transformers for the Xbox. I think I'm done with my shopping!
Old 11-22-12, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Is all the Black Friday movies out now or just certain ones?
Old 11-22-12, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by bigjim25 View Post
They aren't out yet at my Walmart, but if it was in the ad and you can find it in the regular movie section it will more than likely ring up at the advertised black friday price. The only one that didn't for me was the Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
Old 11-22-12, 12:03 PM
Premium Member

Received 157 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by bigjim25 View Post
The Walmart I went to had printed paper signs taped all over the place that says something like "not on-sale until xxxx" (can't remember if it was tonight or tomorrow, the signs varied throughout the store).

But all of the movies that were out that I looked at did seem to scan at their sale prices. No problem at all purchasing.
Old 11-22-12, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's a quick link to the DMR coupon: http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com...ftguidecoupons

And yep, worked like a charm. Both copies rang up at $8.96, and the coupon scans just fine.
Old 11-22-12, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Big thank you to GenPion for the head's up.

No problem at all getting a pair of Braves for $12.

And my local Walmart was the quietest I've ever seen it.
Old 11-22-12, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Worked for me as well. My Wal-Mart was a ghost town. The cashier even remarked what a great deal it was and was surprised they were ringing up that way before the sale officially starts, but didn't really care. That was what I wanted most and I actually needed two copies (a regular one and one for my collectible case). Thanks for the heads up OP!
Old 11-22-12, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks to the OP for the information on the Walmart sale starting early. Unfortunately got shut out for Amazon's lightning deal today but was able to stop by Walmart on my way to dinner to get a couple of copies for about $12. The cashier was surprised to see they were so cheap and wanted to get a copy for her grand daughter before they ran out. I don't think that would have been a problem since the store wasn't too crowded this afternoon.
Old 11-22-12, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 108 Likes on 92 Posts

Same here. Ventured out just for this deal and snagged a couple along with a couple of video games Amazon hasn't yet PMed. Not bad for a 20 minute trip to WM.
Old 11-22-12, 07:59 PM

guess i need to buy a printer! i wish these coupons were digi
Old 11-22-12, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Yep, if only we knew when/where there might be a deal on a cheap printer (insert smiley of choice)

haha yes, I know, I will find one tomorrow.. hopefully not in some crazy line!
Old 11-22-12, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 80 Likes on 53 Posts

My Walmart was out of copies of Brave. Bummer.
Old 11-23-12, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 108 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by STLCARDINALS View Post
haha yes, I know, I will find one tomorrow.. hopefully not in some crazy line!
The heck with lines... If you don't need color OfficeMax and Office Depot have the Brother HL-2240 laser printer for $49.99. This is a non-wireless/network work horse of a printer. Free shipping with either.

If you need/want wireless/networked version it's at OfficeDepot for $89.99 w/free shipping.
Old 11-23-12, 12:37 AM

Just ordered it online with free shipping for $8.96 + tax from walmart.com.

Yeah, two for $12 or whatever would have been a better deal but I'm more than pleased to get it for less than $10 and not have to go to the store.
Old 11-23-12, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 77 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
Just ordered it online with free shipping for $8.96 + tax from walmart.com.

Yeah, two for $12 or whatever would have been a better deal but I'm more than pleased to get it for less than $10 and not have to go to the store.
I don't see it at $8.96 at walmart.com. Care to share a link?

Edit: Link was posted in one of the other threads.

Edit one more time: Item was out of stock when I went to order. My 3rd failed attempt to pick this up today.

Last edited by Cardsfan111; 11-23-12 at 01:02 AM.
Old 11-23-12, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by cardsfan111 View Post
Item was out of stock when I went to order. My 3rd failed attempt to pick this up today.
Ugh. Me too!
Old 11-23-12, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I wanted to thank the OP! I had tried to get Brave at Amazon, but got there about 10 mins after the deal went live as it was in the middle of my Turkey Day. I was waitlisted too 500+! So, yeah, didn't get that there. Saw the other link for Sears, they were gone. So when I saw this I made the trip to town. Basically was able to walk right in, past all the people waiting for the 8 o'clock bell to ring to rip into the boxes, to the DVD section, and pick up two copies. (One for me, one for my sister). We walked up to the registers, there were several open-no waiting- and was out of the store at 7:50. Whoo hoo! We each got it for 6+change. Even better deal than Amazon or Sears!
Old 11-23-12, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 146 Likes on 124 Posts

Thanks OP!

My friend and I got our copies last night for the prices mentioned. I printed out the DMR coupon from my account and brought it with me. At first I didn't think the cashier was going to let us use it, but when she scanned it all was good
Old 11-23-12, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by asianxcore View Post
Thanks OP!

My friend and I got our copies last night for the prices mentioned. I printed out the DMR coupon from my account and brought it with me. At first I didn't think the cashier was going to let us use it, but when she scanned it all was good

Yes, thanks OP!

Got 2 copies for $5.96 each around 4:30 AM at the Walmart on East Capitol in Milwaukee. Plenty of copies on the Brave cardboard display at the back of the media section by wall of TV's.