Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscount.com Black Friday Sale (11/20-11/25)

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

DeepDiscount.com Black Friday Sale (11/20-11/25)

Old 11-23-12, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts
Re: DeepDiscount.com Black Friday Sale (11/20-11/25)

Originally Posted by manicsounds View Post
WOW, buying a non-anamorphic DVD in this day and age?
My knowledge is pretty limited when it comes to that kind of stuff. Explain to me why thats bad.
Old 11-24-12, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Chadm View Post
My knowledge is pretty limited when it comes to that kind of stuff. Explain to me why thats bad.
Non-anamorphic means it's a letterbox transfer that isn't enhanced to fill widescreen televisions. If you view the disc on a flatscreen, you'll have black bars on all four sides of the display (unless you're able to zoom in on the picture, which would probably make it look soft).
Old 11-24-12, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally relented and placed an order using the $5 coupon code. Picked up the following Blus:

SEVEN CHANCES (Buster Keaton)
TWINS OF EVIL
BLACK SUNDAY

With tax it came out to be $32, so a little over ten bucks each, which isn't bad at all for these titles. Tempted to get more Keatons, but have to stop spending as I'm already over my limit.
Old 11-24-12, 04:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

If you really want the whole story:

http://www.digitalbits.com/site_arch...hic/index.html

If you just want the pretty pictures:

http://www.digitalbits.com/site_arch...ic185demo.html
Old 11-24-12, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

placed my order couple days ago and another one last night and everything, but a few blus have already shipped I know the last time I ordered from them it took forever. Which is why I havent ordered in three yrs from them,

Twins of Evil, Vampire Circus, Dripped Blood, 42 st, and maniac cop were backordered. im ok with that theyre upgrades and for the price I can wait
Old 11-24-12, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couldn't get the 10% off code to work on Friday night, the site was very glitchy. Will try again tomorrow if the BF sale is still going on.
Old 12-01-12, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts

my order has been listed as "open" since I placed the order on Nov 23. This is my first experience with deep discount. Do they usually update the order to "shipped" when it has shipped? Are they usually slow getting things shipped? Or could it have possibly shipped already? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-01-12, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did you receive an order confirmation? If not I'd call them. Mine had listed as open since placing it on the 20th, and after not receiving anything for a few days I called and they claim not to have any record of it, that it never went into the system. This is odd as if I check my order history it's right there. So I replaced the order, 8 out of 10 items are now on back order (everything was listed as in-stock when I placed the initial order), and they place a friggin' hold on it because my billing address doesn't match my shipping address. Hundreds of orders over the years and they decide now is the time to do this? WTF.

So, what was the question again?
If an item ships they've always sent a shipping notification e-mail, and if you check the order online that item is usually marked as shipped.
Old 12-01-12, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
Did you receive an order confirmation? If not I'd call them. Mine had listed as open since placing it on the 20th, and after not receiving anything for a few days I called and they claim not to have any record of it, that it never went into the system. This is odd as if I check my order history it's right there. So I replaced the order, 8 out of 10 items are now on back order (everything was listed as in-stock when I placed the initial order),

If an item ships they've always sent a shipping notification e-mail, and if you check the order online that item is usually marked as shipped.
happened to me twice this year. order shows as open in account, but i never received an email and when write customer service they say it never entered their system. worked in my favor last time as item dropped in price on new order.
Old 12-01-12, 05:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My order of ET & Niebelung was cancelled - no reason given. I've sent an e-mail to customer service; we'll see what happens. --Peter
Old 12-01-12, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 102 Likes on 92 Posts

They haven't canceled several orders of mine, but they are back-ordered at the moment. I do think Deepdiscount partially uses this sale to clear out inventory, which is why the prices are so good, but look for any excuse possible to cancel them once their current supply of a particular item runs out.
Old 12-01-12, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I finally caved & bought a dvd box set from Import CD's (Same ownership as DD, & basically the same sale also) & I did get a shipping confirmation within 24 hours.
Old 12-02-12, 06:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the e-mail I received from DD - looks like from now on I'll have to have orders shipped to my home address (my business is a packaging/shipping store, so might look like a 'forwarding company' - even though everything I have shipped to that address clearly has "Owner" after my name):

Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount.com!

Your order was cancelled due to the high volume of lost orders shipped to forwarding companies and international customers trying to avoid taxes and customs. We understand that you may not fall into this category and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Again, thank you for writing DeepDiscount.com. We appreciate your business.

Regards,

DeepDiscount.com Sales Support *KS*
Old 12-02-12, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

One of the weirder excuses I've seen in a while.
Old 12-02-12, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

I tried a couple of times to place an order only to be met with a CC error of "Do not honor". This was with a Virtual CC I've used for over a year with them. When I contacted them I was informed it was a problem with my bank!?! So... I generated a new VCC which got the same error. Throwing caution to the wind I used the actual card. Yep... same error. No other vendor has problems with this card so it *must* be DD or CitiBank doesn't trust them for some reason. Guess it saved me more than I anticipated as I'll not be ordering from them at all.
Old 12-02-12, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link View Post
I tried a couple of times to place an order only to be met with a CC error of "Do not honor". This was with a Virtual CC I've used for over a year with them. When I contacted them I was informed it was a problem with my bank!?! So... I generated a new VCC which got the same error. Throwing caution to the wind I used the actual card. Yep... same error. No other vendor has problems with this card so it *must* be DD or CitiBank doesn't trust them for some reason. Guess it saved me more than I anticipated as I'll not be ordering from them at all.
Same exact thing happened to me and I got the exact same "Do Not Honor" message. It is clearly a DD problem, because I generated 2 more virtual CC numbers and made purchases at 2 other online retailers. Both of the non-DD online transactions went through smoothly the first time. (The virtual CC numbers were generated on my Citibank CC, so I know it is NOT a Citibank problem. It is a DD problem.)

It's good to know others have had the same problem as I will no longer be shopping at DD and wasting my time.
Old 12-02-12, 09:46 PM

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Proglodite View Post
Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount.com!

Your order was cancelled due to the high volume of lost orders shipped to forwarding companies and international customers trying to avoid taxes and customs. We understand that you may not fall into this category and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
As someone who does precisely this by shipping to a USPS postbox, this probably explains why I've had one order "open" with them since late September! Not too worried as most of my online U.S. shopping is done on Amazon, Target, Best Buy and other places that don't play such silly games, but it does suggest my Black Friday order will probably sit neglected forever as well.
Old 12-03-12, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't worry about it anyway. That's the only way they've released that film.
Old 12-03-12, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Time for the inevitable DeepDiscount nightmare freak out?

I ordered 2 sets during the sale. Lina Wertmuller BD set (arrived without incident) and the David O. Selznick set.

I checked on the status of the Selznick set and it said it was backordered last week. I checked again just now and it has changed to "pre-order" and shows the following:

Product: Selznick Collection
Price (each): $51.87
Quantity: 3
Total Price: $156.61

Then below that it correctly reads:

Subtotal: $51.87
Shipping: Free
Total: $51.87

I have no pending charges on my card and nothing has shipped apparently, but I anticipate a wild and frustrating ride ahead of me with this order.
Old 12-03-12, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 102 Likes on 92 Posts

A couple of my back-orders did ship out this weekend.
Old 12-03-12, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

^^Same thing here with Grapes of Wrath
Old 12-03-12, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

two of my backorder titles shipped in 42nd St and vampire circus

maniac cop and Dorm that dripped blood status changed to Pre-order and Qty 3 like someone posted above...should I just expect not to receive these last two?
Old 12-03-12, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
One of the weirder excuses I've seen in a while.
I can understand. Russian fraudster uses stolen credit card to order merchandise shipped to a mail forwarding service. DD lets the order go through because it's a US credit card being shipped to a US address. Package gets forwarded to Russia. Later, card owner disputes the charges. Deep Discount is out the money and the product.
Old 12-03-12, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DeepSleep View Post
Same exact thing happened to me and I got the exact same "Do Not Honor" message. It is clearly a DD problem, because I generated 2 more virtual CC numbers and made purchases at 2 other online retailers. Both of the non-DD online transactions went through smoothly the first time. (The virtual CC numbers were generated on my Citibank CC, so I know it is NOT a Citibank problem. It is a DD problem.)

It's good to know others have had the same problem as I will no longer be shopping at DD and wasting my time.
I had the same thing. Called Citibank, and it turns out that they denied the authorization, because they thought it was fraud. So, it's not DD's fault. DD will only let you try the same credit card twice on an order though, and I exceeded that limit, so I had to use a different card. I yelled at Citibank for that.
Old 12-03-12, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have a few already released titles showing up as a "pre-order" with the quantity being 3. Total sum is correct though, so I am not worried. Imagining they sold more than they had for some of these titles.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.