Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Amazon Black Friday Week Lightning Deals Calender - 2012 Ed.

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Amazon Black Friday Week Lightning Deals Calender - 2012 Ed.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-12, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts
Re: Amazon Black Friday Week Lightning Deals Calender - 2012 Ed.

Drat on the Holmes set!!
Old 11-24-12, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
now 22 % claimed. I wonder if it will go down any more ...
I never saw the numbers go in reverse like this It's a foolish price to pay (when it's cheaper at the Amazon Warehouse). I'm sure a lot of people were like me: finger clicking as soon as it went live, only to see the price and go

EDIT: down to 18% claimed
Old 11-24-12, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

now 22 % claimed. I wonder if it will go down any more ...
now 19 % claimed ...
I agree with other posters - This is really lame! Out of all the markdowns for the week that were advertised, this is one of the few I was really interested in. I've been a long-time shopper at Amazon; this is one of the few times that I've been disappointed in them.
Old 11-24-12, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I hear the sound of digital pitchforks being picked up.
Old 11-24-12, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Does anyone have a snapshot of the BF DVD calendar to prove what it was supposed to be ?
Old 11-24-12, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely a misstep for Amazon. This Holmes set was one of the key items I was waiting for. Guess I keep waiting.
Old 11-24-12, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Does anyone have a snapshot of the BF DVD calendar to prove what it was supposed to be ?
That's what I need as proof for my CSR as well. Tried to take a picture on my iPad but it rebooted and reloaded the page.
Old 11-24-12, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Getting nowhere with customer service. Live chat and phone reps both clueless. waiting for supervisor right now. Add this to the sweetheart tax deal they cut for themselves here in CA and Amazon has just risen even more on my shit list.

EDIT: Was just told by a supervisor that this can only be handled by the PROMOTIONS DEPARTMENT by E mail as they do not have a customer service phone number. ??? He said he would contact them directly and they would respond to me in 24 hours. He's sending me a copy of his correspondence with them. Just to make sure, I am sending my own E mail to customer service. In any case, I will cancel if the price is not adjusted.

Last edited by ProfessorEcho; 11-24-12 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-24-12, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw this over at the blu-ray forum-

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2001
Old 11-24-12, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

[QUOTE=ProfessorEcho;11481209. Just to make sure, I am sending my own E mail to customer service. In any case, I will cancel if the price is not adjusted.[/QUOTE]

I would cancel now. The way Amazon has been operating is they try to put your purchases into the shipping stage very quickly and won't cancel even with a request to cancel. I bought Underdog complete Like New and decided to not take the chance that it might not be sealed (it was Warehouse Deals). Anyway, I sent a request to cancel within a couple of hours. They said they couldn't. It shipped the NEXT DAY.

Once you order you're locked in. I think you will probably have a better chance of getting them to honor the LD with a later purchase than to cancel something you don't want before it ships.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-24-12, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Total runaround from the CSR:

Crystal:I checked the item and can confirm that the price for this item Jason is $56.99. I also checked our Movies and Tv holiday deals calendar and it is showing that the price is $56.99. I apologize for the confusion it caused you

Me:Well, it changed to $56.99 today
as recently as last night it was showing $34.99
and that was the price your site advertised all week
the $57 price is not a "deal" at all--you can find it for that amount anywhere

Crystal:Let me further check this with my team. one moment please Jason.

Me:thank you.

Crystal:I apologize for the wait . I checked this with my team and we need to further research on this to check if this is a pricing error. I will be making a follow up on this Jason to check for appropriate actions needed to be done so this won't happen again. I will email you by Monday, 11/26/12

Me:But that is the price?
I just want to make sure that I'm not missing the opportunity to purchase it at the $35 price you'd advertised.

Crystal:The price showing on our end is $56.99. What we will do is to further research this in our system to check for information if this is having a pricing error

Me:It's definitely an error. Here's a whole forum of shoppers angry about it: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bar...012-ed-12.html
Posts start about halfway down the page and continue to the next one
It's just really irritating for those of us who were waiting all week to buy it, and made sure to be at our computers at the proper time, only to find that the price had been nearly doubled.

Crystal:Thank you for the information Jason.
I've checked the site you gave me and I need to forward this to the appropriate department so that this will be further investigated.

Me:And once they determine the pricing error occurred, will we be given the opportunity to purchase it at the price we were promised?

Crystal:As of now, I need to refer this with the appropriate team Jason. I will send you the email later on within this day.

Can't decide if I should go ahead and order and wait for the adjustment--don't wanna get stuck with it.
Old 11-24-12, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Too bad about the Rathbone. I've never seen any of them and was somewhat interested at the cheaper price. And it seems like that's the kind of title that wouldn't show up at many mass-market retailers.

I'm a big fan of Jeremy Brett's Holmes but have most of the older multi-disc sets.
Old 11-24-12, 03:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I saw this over at the blu-ray forum-

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2001
Love how the whiny kids with an overblown sense of entitlement conveniently leave out the part of the screen that says in bold:

"**Please note that some deals are subject to changes and may start on a slight delay from their indicated start times."
Old 11-24-12, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Lt Ripley
Love how the whiny kids with an overblown sense of entitlement conveniently leave out the part of the screen that says in bold:

"**Please note that some deals are subject to changes and may start on a slight delay from their indicated start times."
"Whiny kids with an overblown sense of entitlement"? Seriously? Try not to choke on your smugness.

IT'S AN EFFING BARGAINS THREAD.
Old 11-24-12, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Lt Ripley,

Definitely. Deal Of The Day (ALL DAY) refers to multiple "Deals Of The Day" that happen for that day. There is no guarantee that DOTD should last for an entire 24hrs. That's just retarded.

Buncha self-entitled schoolgirls.

As we all know, if there was a price mistake, we'd have bragging all over the place and glorious rose hips being thrown in Amazon's name for being "a great deal".
Old 11-24-12, 03:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by filmsoncon
"Whiny kids with an overblown sense of entitlement"? Seriously? Try not to choke on your smugness.

IT'S AN EFFING BARGAINS THREAD.
Rather be smug than a twit who only accepts things their way. Stated right on the page that things could change. Live with it without crying. It isn't a necessity that you own it. You'll more than likely wake up tomorrow.
Old 11-24-12, 03:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
As we all know, if there was a price mistake, we'd have bragging all over the place and glorious rose hips being thrown in Amazon's name for being "a great deal".
Or the kids that boast about how many times they used a B&N coupon, over and over with an ignorant cashier, to buy 483 Criterions when some of those coupons say to only use once per customer, etc. They know they are bending the rules, but don't give a shit as long as they get what they want.
Old 11-24-12, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Reached a supervisor in AMERICA who honored the price even though he said there was no proof that the $34.99 price ever existed. I told him that if he doubted my intentions to check out this forum and others where the issue was being discussed. I really had to use blocks to explain the situation to all the CSR people, even the supervisor, but he finally understood what happened. I think.

As for the "whiny kids," comment, I can only hope you don't have your heart set on an item for yourself or as a gift for a loved one, counted on a retailer like Amazon to not engage in false advertising and then have it suddenly altered for no discernible reason other than that they CAN. It's bush league retailing. It's not so much a sense of entitlement as it is the expected way of doing retail business, their blanket disclaimer notwithstanding.
Old 11-24-12, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a huge Holmes fan and I'd bite at $20 or so, but even $35-$37 seems overpriced for this set. Not a big loss, though; of all the Holmes-related media out there, the Rathbone/Bruce films are some of the weakest interpretations of Holmes out there.

There are more important things in the world to get this degree of huffy over, IMHO. I wish these forums didn't turn into a weird "I AM ENTITLED TO THIS PRICE I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO PROVIDE ME FOR A REALLY LONG TIME" whinefest so often.

Onto the next deal?

Last edited by crikey; 11-24-12 at 03:28 PM. Reason: removing snideness, trying to be more constructive
Old 11-24-12, 03:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
Reached a supervisor in AMERICA who honored the price even though he said there was no proof that the $34.99 price ever existed. I told him that if he doubted my intentions to check out this forum and others where the issue was being discussed. I really had to use blocks to explain the situation to all the CSR people, even the supervisor, but he finally understood what happened. I think.

As for the "whiny kids," comment, I can only hope you don't have your heart set on an item for yourself or as a gift for a loved one, counted on a retailer like Amazon to not engage in false advertising and then have it suddenly altered for no discernible reason other than that they CAN. It's bush league retailing. It's not so much a sense of entitlement as it is the expected way of doing retail business, their blanket disclaimer notwithstanding.
He got tired of listening to your over entitled whiny ass and gave in to you so you would shut the fuck up. He has to deal with it for the rest of the day from thousands of other whiny bitches.

As far as disappointments go, yes I have had many disappointments in my life. Once I reached the age of about 13, I learned to deal with them without acting like a prissy twit. I wouldn't use half-truths to get my way. If there is a glaring fact that makes my disappointment invalid, I get over it and move on.

EDIT: How many hundreds or thousands of items have they advertised this BF without having the price mistake. Whats that...Almost all of them except Sherlock Holmes? Oh yeah, they are super bush league. How dare they make a mistake on 1 or 2 items out of a ton they are offering. They are as bad as Stalin!

Yeah, they did this on purpose. "Lets fuck with the Holmes fans!"

Last edited by Lt Ripley; 11-24-12 at 03:30 PM. Reason: To rub it in a little more.
Old 11-24-12, 03:33 PM

He got tired of listening to your over entitled whiny ass and gave in to you so you would shut the fuck up. He has to deal with it for the rest of the day from thousands of other whiny bitches.

As far as disappointments go, yes I have had many disappointments in my life. Once I reached the age of about 13, I learned to deal with them without acting like a prissy twit. I wouldn't use half-truths to get my way. If there is a glaring fact that makes my disappointment invalid, I get over it and move on.

EDIT: How many hundreds or thousands of items have they advertised this BF without having the price mistake. Whats that...Almost all of them except Sherlock Holmes? Oh yeah, they are super bush league. How dare they make a mistake on 1 or 2 items out of a ton they are offering. They are as bad as Stalin!

I love you.
Old 11-24-12, 03:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by crikey
I love you.

Easy... This is just our first date!
Old 11-24-12, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Boy. You are just the fucking worst.
Old 11-24-12, 03:41 PM

Actually, some of us think posts about browbeating CSRs are the fucking worst.

Let's move back to the deals rather than the personal attacks, shall we?
Old 11-24-12, 03:41 PM
Banned

It's reality. Welcome to the real world.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.