Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Best Buy Ad 11/18/12 - 11/21/12

Old 11-14-12, 03:36 PM
  #26  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Galt's Gulch
Posts: 2,623
Re: Best Buy Ad 11/18/12 - 11/21/12

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
Not sure about I, Robot. I'm not entirely sold on 3D conversions, but I do like the movie...
Well according to the conversation I overheard yesterday between a Best Buy employee and a customer who was looking for recommendations for his first 3D title; "You should definitely get 'I, Robot' starring Will Smith. It's one of my favorite movies and they just redid it in 3D which looks awesome. I'd get that over any other movie." They were literally standing right in front of Avatar 3D when this conversation took place
John Galt is offline  
Old 11-14-12, 03:46 PM
  #27  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 179
Re: Best Buy Ad 11/18/12 - 11/21/12

Question:

Is the Prometheus that's on sale for $14.99 this set?


http://www.amazon.com/Prometheus-Blu-ray-DVD-Digital-Copy/dp/B0085Z8F4A/
tasog37 is offline  
Old 11-14-12, 03:51 PM
  #28  
DVD Talk Legend
 
GoldenJCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Colorado
Posts: 13,829
Re: Best Buy Ad 11/18/12 - 11/21/12

Looks liike I'll finally pick up the Alien Quadrilogy. I almost grabbed it for $29.99 the other day. It's a no-brainer to snag it for $19.99.
GoldenJCJ is offline  
Old 11-14-12, 03:55 PM
  #29  
DVD Talk Legend
 
E Unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Behind Wolf in the Situation Room
Posts: 13,335
Re: Best Buy Ad 11/18/12 - 11/21/12

Originally Posted by tasog37 View Post
Question:

Is the Prometheus that's on sale for $14.99 this set?


http://www.amazon.com/Prometheus-Blu-ray-DVD-Digital-Copy/dp/B0085Z8F4A/
Yes, that's the one.
E Unit is online now  
Old 11-14-12, 04:25 PM
  #30  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: Best Buy Ad 11/18/12 - 11/21/12

Originally Posted by tasog37 View Post
Question:

Is the Prometheus that's on sale for $14.99 this set?


http://www.amazon.com/Prometheus-Blu-ray-DVD-Digital-Copy/dp/B0085Z8F4A/
I think the $5 coupon is expired now though, but this makes it the exact same price it was before, when using the coupon. Definitely a no-brainer for that price.
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 11-14-12, 04:27 PM
  #31  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: Best Buy Ad 11/18/12 - 11/21/12

Originally Posted by trespoochies View Post
I think it's worth it for $14.99, especially if you like the movie. I was a bit let down how much of it still looks 2D, but the action sequences really stand out.
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
Well according to the conversation I overheard yesterday between a Best Buy employee and a customer who was looking for recommendations for his first 3D title; "You should definitely get 'I, Robot' starring Will Smith. It's one of my favorite movies and they just redid it in 3D which looks awesome. I'd get that over any other movie." They were literally standing right in front of Avatar 3D when this conversation took place
Thanks for the recommendations. Although I have to take that BB conversation with a grain of salt since I am sure Avatar and several Disney flicks surely blow away the 3D in I, Robot... But seeing as I shockingly don't own the original BD release, I'll spring for the 3D. If I owned I, Robot on BD already, I would probably pass... I really thought I owned it, but I must have been thinking of I Am Legend. How dare Will Smith make two movies which start with "I"! (well, 3, if you count Independence Day, but I meant the WORD "I")
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 11-14-12, 04:33 PM
  #32  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: Best Buy Ad 11/18/12 - 11/21/12

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
Looks liike I'll finally pick up the Alien Quadrilogy. I almost grabbed it for $29.99 the other day. It's a no-brainer to snag it for $19.99.
FYI, it's already $19.99 on Amazon today. It's the DoD...
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 11-14-12, 04:52 PM
  #33  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N. Carolina
Posts: 1,844
Re: Best Buy Ad 11/18/12 - 11/21/12

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
Thanks for the recommendations. Although I have to take that BB conversation with a grain of salt since I am sure Avatar and several Disney flicks surely blow away the 3D in I, Robot... But seeing as I shockingly don't own the original BD release, I'll spring for the 3D. If I owned I, Robot on BD already, I would probably pass... I really thought I owned it, but I must have been thinking of I Am Legend. How dare Will Smith make two movies which start with "I"! (well, 3, if you count Independence Day, but I meant the WORD "I")
Just a little added info(if it matters), the 3D BD release is not in it's OAR, though the dvd included is...

HDD I, Robot 3D review

Quick summary....

The Video: Sizing Up the Picture

Alex Proyas's sci-fi actioner arrives to 3D Blu-ray with a generally pleasing, but ultimately unnecessary1080p/MVC MPEG-4 encode. Presented in an open matte aspect ratio of 1.78:1 (previous Blu-ray has the OAR of 2.35:1), the conversion is not half bad, all things considered, but it also does absolutely nothing for the film either.
darkdaze73 is offline  
Old 11-14-12, 04:56 PM
  #34  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
SethDLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 5,720
Re: Best Buy Ad 11/18/12 - 11/21/12

Considering grabbing LOTR and Rocky for $55 after $15 in gift cards
SethDLH is offline  
Old 11-14-12, 05:07 PM
  #35  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: Best Buy Ad 11/18/12 - 11/21/12

Originally Posted by darkdaze73 View Post
Just a little added info(if it matters), the 3D BD release is not in it's OAR, though the dvd included is...

HDD I, Robot 3D review

Quick summary....
Ugh. Now you have saddened me. WHY do they pull this crap? Damn... Now I need to think long and hard about this...
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 11-14-12, 05:18 PM
  #36  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 179
Re: Best Buy Ad 11/18/12 - 11/21/12

Originally Posted by trespoochies View Post
Yes, that's the one.
Awesome, thanks!
tasog37 is offline  
Old 11-14-12, 05:35 PM
  #37  
DVD Talk Legend
 
GoldenJCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Colorado
Posts: 13,829
Re: Best Buy Ad 11/18/12 - 11/21/12

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
Thanks! I needed a new shaving brush as well so The Alien set was able to push it over $25 for free shipping!
GoldenJCJ is offline  
Old 11-14-12, 06:12 PM
  #38  
DVD Talk Legend
 
asianxcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,206
Re: Best Buy Ad 11/18/12 - 11/21/12

Looks like it's time for me to pick up The Lion King on Blu-Ray!

Definitely want to pick up Underworld: Awakening, so hopefully there are more titles that haven't been listed for the 2 for $15.
asianxcore is offline  
Old 11-14-12, 07:07 PM
  #39  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JimRochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Rochester, NY. USA
Posts: 18,008
Re: Best Buy Ad 11/18/12 - 11/21/12

Will grab Expendables 2 and Act Of Valor for my son for Christmas
JimRochester is offline  
Old 11-14-12, 10:47 PM
  #40  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Orange County
Posts: 4,915
Re: Best Buy Ad 11/18/12 - 11/21/12

Originally Posted by JimRochester View Post
Will grab Expendables 2 and Act Of Valor for my son for Christmas
FYI, Valor is currently $9.99 at gohastings, and will be $8.46 at Wal-Mart, and $10 at Target on BF.

Although I'll probably end up paying the extra $3 to avoid BF, too.
TimeandTide is offline  
Old 11-14-12, 10:55 PM
  #41  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Rypro 525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: a frikin hellhole
Posts: 28,263
Re: Best Buy Ad 11/18/12 - 11/21/12

why oh why couldn't these be the black friday prices? assuming that indeed is the 3D version of Prometheus, thats a buy for me
Rypro 525 is offline  
Old 11-15-12, 03:13 AM
  #42  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Posts: 240
Re: Best Buy Ad 11/18/12 - 11/21/12

Originally Posted by yeldarb367 View Post
-- How about Star Wars for $69.99? Has it been lower?
That's the lowest price I've seen by $10. Most retailers had it at $79.99 the week it was released.
erlong is offline  
Old 11-15-12, 03:56 AM
  #43  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Sunny Hawaii
Posts: 6,662
Re: Best Buy Ad 11/18/12 - 11/21/12

Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
For Rewards Silver members, there's a triple bonus points coupon for 11/8-11/18.
Speaking of Rewards Zone, has anyone gotten any 10%/12% off coupons recently? Or the other ones where it was like spend $500, get a $50 gift card? It seems like it's been forever since I've seen any.
TheBang is offline  
Old 11-15-12, 05:05 AM
  #44  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 452
Re: Best Buy Ad 11/18/12 - 11/21/12

Originally Posted by Todd B. View Post
Speaking of Rewards Zone, has anyone gotten any 10%/12% off coupons recently? Or the other ones where it was like spend $500, get a $50 gift card? It seems like it's been forever since I've seen any.
No, but this week I got a mailing about the triple points and it also said to log in to your account online for a free $5 reward zone certificate! When you log in its sitting in your account. Printed it out and used it for Criterions last night. It's good through December.
efordvt is offline  
Old 11-15-12, 08:07 AM
  #45  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Re: Best Buy Ad 11/18/12 - 11/21/12

Originally Posted by efordvt View Post
No, but this week I got a mailing about the triple points and it also said to log in to your account online for a free $5 reward zone certificate! When you log in its sitting in your account. Printed it out and used it for Criterions last night. It's good through December.
I got a bonus $5 RZ certificate a couple weeks ago. Is BB giving out another one or did they just wait until this week to give you yours?

Also, does anyone know if you buy a bunch of stuff with the 3x RZ points coupon and later price adjust it, will you still get the 3x RZ points on the final adjusted total? You can only use the 3x RZ points coupon once per RZ account?
Manzana is offline  
Old 11-15-12, 09:20 AM
  #46  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Muskegon, MI
Posts: 5,200
Re: Best Buy Ad 11/18/12 - 11/21/12

Originally Posted by lizard View Post
I was hoping for a lower price for LotR:Extended. Oh well, I'll just keep waiting.
It's the Deal of the Day at Amazon for $43.49
zekeburger1979 is offline  
Old 11-15-12, 10:19 AM
  #47  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: Best Buy Ad 11/18/12 - 11/21/12

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979 View Post
Not quite the bargain people have been waiting for, but at least it's under $15 per film...
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 11-15-12, 10:24 AM
  #48  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 540
Re: Best Buy Ad 11/18/12 - 11/21/12

Burn Notice S5 for me. Best price I've ever seen on that series.
drmar35mm is offline  
Old 11-15-12, 02:02 PM
  #49  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JimRochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Rochester, NY. USA
Posts: 18,008
Re: Best Buy Ad 11/18/12 - 11/21/12

Originally Posted by TimeandTide View Post
FYI, Valor is currently $9.99 at gohastings, and will be $8.46 at Wal-Mart, and $10 at Target on BF.

Although I'll probably end up paying the extra $3 to avoid BF, too.
I'm not a big BF guy. I'll do some online, or go out later in the day, but none of that fighting crowds of 300 to try and be one of 3 to grab a great price on a TV. IF the prices are good all day I'll do it.
JimRochester is offline  
Old 11-15-12, 02:42 PM
  #50  
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner
 
Alan Smithee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: USA
Posts: 8,450
Re: Best Buy Ad 11/18/12 - 11/21/12

I'd grab Lorax and Abe Lincoln in 3D, but most likely they will all have price tags stuck on the unsealed slipcovers, so Best Buy can suck it. That's damaged merchandise in my opinion.
Alan Smithee is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.