Reload this Page >

Monterey Pop: Criterion Collection - $0.99 @ Best Buy B&M

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Monterey Pop: Criterion Collection - $0.99 @ Best Buy B&M

Old 11-14-12, 02:10 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Monterey Pop: Criterion Collection - $0.99 @ Best Buy B&M

HOLY SH*T! Nobody mentioned that the Help! boxset was the monster that arrived today. I thought it was some little box like that Ultimate Toy Story DVD box. This thing has a book and cards and a poster....and it was .99. If I received nothing else from this BB sale, I'd be happy with this. Very cool..

That Let There be Rock set is pretty darn nice too.......

Last edited by Csseahawk; 11-14-12 at 02:17 PM.
Old 11-14-12, 09:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got my Help! set today too. I was hoping it was the big box but not sure until it arrived. Insane deal.
Old 11-15-12, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Last night I checked the whole list again to maybe snag some of the titles that were oos & maybe back in stock.... The only ones from the list were Queen 40 vol 3 10 CD set & Gary Moore Dublin DVD.. All others are oos...
Old 11-15-12, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the two that you found, and the ones that were OOS, were they still showing the $0.99 price or have they all gone back up to normal price?

I would never in a million years do it (and I shouldn't even be mentioning it in the first place), but if anyone wanted to be a real dick to Best Buy, well, piece it together yourself...

https://bestbuytradein.buybak.com/calculator.bb
Old 11-15-12, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The oos titles werw back to regular price... For example... The Beatles Help was showing $124.99..
Old 11-15-12, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That's what I thought, thanks.

I have a feeling the OOS titles will never be replenished.
Old 11-15-12, 11:23 AM

Anyone else try a kiosk order today?
I grabbed a bunch of 'scraps' - several remaining titles still showing 0.99ea and available to ship.

I got the order completed and printed out, only to come back home and find an Order Cancellation email, sent 5 min. after the Order Confirm email, saying the entire order was cancelled because 'we are unable to verify your information'. No problems with any previous order, so can't think of a reason why this came up.

A call to the 800 number got nothing and they weren't able to re-instate it.

Guess, I'll try again at the kiosk, but the deal may be done with this BBY move. Great while it lasted!
Old 11-15-12, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by jayceman
Anyone else try a kiosk order today?
I grabbed a bunch of 'scraps' - several remaining titles still showing 0.99ea and available to ship.

I got the order completed and printed out, only to come back home and find an Order Cancellation email, sent 5 min. after the Order Confirm email, saying the entire order was cancelled because 'we are unable to verify your information'. No problems with any previous order, so can't think of a reason why this came up.

A call to the 800 number got nothing and they weren't able to re-instate it.

Guess, I'll try again at the kiosk, but the deal may be done with this BBY move. Great while it lasted!

hate to tell you this, but I think this means you have been banned from ordering from best buy!

this happened to me where every order I would place would get an immediate cancellation with the same "unable to verify information" line... this was for items shipped or items being ordered for in store pick up...

I talked to the 888-bestbuy people till I was blue in the face... they created a case number and everything to try & figure out why all my orders were being cancelled... finally I was told "we encourage you to buy at your local best buy but we will not be processing any orders for you thru the website in the future"... never did get a reason why...

created a new account with a different email address and was able to place orders again... bizarre...

Last edited by bearkiss; 11-15-12 at 01:09 PM. Reason: corrected format
Old 11-15-12, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by bearkiss
hate to tell you this, but I think this means you have been banned from ordering from best buy!
Thankfully, it doesn't appear to be that extreme--
Several people on the Forums board at Blu-Ray reporting the same cancellations, so I think BBY has put a stop to any of these 0.99 deals.

I'm grateful for the product shipped so far though
Old 11-15-12, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jayceman
I'm grateful for the product shipped so far though
New level of drama appears. I got this today for an order that's supposed to be delivered tomorrow:

Dear [customer],

There was a pricing error on the Help! DVD (sku 8572555); as as a result, we will not be fulfilling your order. Your shipment is being redirected back to our warehouse and a return will be processed against your order. Once your order has been processed for a return you will receive a return confirmation email.
Old 11-15-12, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

Wow, that is crazy!
Old 11-15-12, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by izatright
New level of drama appears. I got this today for an order that's supposed to be delivered tomorrow:
I got the same thing today. Had went back Monday to order one for my mom, got a shipping not. last night and cancellation email this afternoon
Old 11-15-12, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My last order was on the 13th. The one I got a notice for above was made on the 10th. Until it's delivered, nothing's safe. So far they've narrowed in on the Help. Sad for me that my Help Dvd was packed with some other delightful goodies. If they do end up snatching this from the mail stream, I wonder if they'll ship the other items back out to me.
Old 11-15-12, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not even an apology for THEIR mistake. The same crap that got them in trouble last year on Black Friday, canceling orders because of their errors and not offering at least a perfunctory, insincere apology. This place never learns.
Old 11-16-12, 06:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Csseahawk
That Let There be Rock set is pretty darn nice too.......
Got Let There Be Rock and Queen (Making of Night at the Opera) yesterday. I didn't realize that the AC/DC set was a steelbook LE, pretty sweet. The one at the store that rang up as $14.99 the other day was the regular DVD edition. Very glad I got in on this deal before it disappeared.
Old 11-16-12, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by izatright
My last order was on the 13th. The one I got a notice for above was made on the 10th. Until it's delivered, nothing's safe. So far they've narrowed in on the Help. Sad for me that my Help Dvd was packed with some other delightful goodies. If they do end up snatching this from the mail stream, I wonder if they'll ship the other items back out to me.
Check the tracking via the email that BB sent you saying the order was shipped.

I received the same cancellation notice for Help! yesterday, but now I see through tracking that my package is in Secaucus, NJ!!
Old 11-16-12, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The same order that was flagged as "rerouted back to the warehouse" is now less than 20 minutes from my house and marked as due for delivery. My fingers are crossed. I wouldn't think anything of it if it wasn't for that ominous email.

EDIT: Several emails were sent by BB today, recalling and rerouting a ton of my ordered items
EDIT2: I just got a mass of emails canceling virtually every back ordered item.

Last edited by izatright; 11-16-12 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-16-12, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

I just got the order cancellation/redirection email for 3 of the things I ordered in-store. No biggie since I already got the 2 Monterey Pop Blu's which are the only things I really wanted bad anyways.
Old 11-16-12, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got a huge shipment from UPS today, most of which were flagged for redirection. I have a feeling this debacle was far more extensive than UPS could solve within a few hours and many of them slipped through the net. Although the word on the Blu-ray-com board is that some of their orders have been marked as exceptions. Might mean I can kiss my Monday order goodbye.

Last edited by izatright; 11-16-12 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-16-12, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have yet to receive a single "recall" email on anything. As a matter of fact, one thing that I ordered in an order of a number of other things shipped today, with the rest of the stuff on backorder. I did receive on cancellation email the other day for the Rockers BD, but I believe that is solely because they may not be replenishing the stock on that one anyway.
Old 11-16-12, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Brent L
I have yet to receive a single "recall" email on anything.
Ditto...
Old 11-16-12, 04:25 PM

I didn't go wild during this sale. The only things I ordered were 3 copies of Shine a Light on Blu-ray, 2 copies of the Rolling Stones' Biggest Bang on DVD & one copy of the Queen '40' box set.

My Stones items arrived in the mail today.

But my Queen box set was officially cancelled. (It had been back-ordered anyway.)

I'm content!

Last edited by mattyp4; 11-16-12 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-16-12, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just received a few cancellation emails for stuff that I have been expecting to be cancelled anyway since it was all backorder stuff. Go ahead Best Buy, cancel whatever you want now...I'm good.
Old 11-16-12, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

My copy of The Who's Maximum RnB Live was the only item remaining that wasn't shipped when I received the cancellation email earlier today. I figured that's ok I'm cool with that.

So guess what? I just received a email saying that it was shipped!!

Best Buy, you are one cwazy company!
Old 11-16-12, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If you have anything on order, that hasn't shipped and you have the option to cancel it, DO IT NOW.

I just went online to check how many more open orders I have, and noticed something that is certainly not good. In one of the orders where I included multiple titles, it has been on backorder and never shipped anything from it for days even after I ordered other stuff that has since shipped and I have received. Of the items in that order, two of them were canceled today and one of them finally shipped (Jeff Beck's Rock 'N' Roll Party). Earlier today the prices were all just fine, but I just noticed that the price for Jeff Beck's Rock 'N' Roll Party increased from $0.99 to $16.99.

I have NOT been charged the higher total, but this alarmed me and I thought I'd note it here. I have a feeling the other items in the order that are currently in process and are listed as unable to be canceled will change in this same way. Just a heads up.

I have since called them, and they said even though that total was changed on the site and on the order screen that I haven't been charged the higher amount, and I have looked at my bank account and nothing looks fishy there, so I should be good. They said if anything changes, any higher amount, to call back and they will issue complete refunds for the difference. She said what is likely happening is that things on backorder that WERE $0.99, have since gone up in price and as they come back in stock it will default to the higher price, at least on the order screen, but SHOULDN'T actually charge you any more.

We shall see...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.