Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Monterey Pop: Criterion Collection - $0.99 @ Best Buy B&M

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-12, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Monterey Pop: Criterion Collection - $0.99 @ Best Buy B&M

Got 3 Deluxe Help! sets and Shine a Light Blu Ray today in the mail! $4! Not bad! Wish I had been able to get the Monterey Pop Blu as well but it wasn't available for order when I went.
Old 11-17-12, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As I reported on the blu-com site, an item came out of back order at the full price and shipped. $60 bones. Something strange is going on in my bank account too--there are a lot of reversals and recharges in amounts that don't match any single order. Some of it may be that they're collecting different amounts as orders ship in a lump sum? I dunno... I'm going to have to go over it with a fine-tooth comb to make sure no hijinks is involved. What a pain.
Old 11-17-12, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

All my backordered items but 3 have canceled... The remaining still show as $0.99.... nothing strange in my financials...
Old 11-17-12, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Some of the pending charges have dropped off, but I still made a spreadsheet to track for discrepancies. So far that $59.99 CD set hasn't been charged to my account, but it shipped anyway.

Update: Uhh.... Now they're refunding orders I already received. Example: "A credit in the amount of $2.97 has been applied to the order you placed on 11/10/2012. You are receiving this credit because the returned item was not processed correctly." But this order had five items, three of which shipped and two of which were canceled and never charged.

Last edited by izatright; 11-18-12 at 02:57 AM.
Old 11-18-12, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by izatright
Some of the pending charges have dropped off, but I still made a spreadsheet to track for discrepancies. So far that $59.99 CD set hasn't been charged to my account, but it shipped anyway.

Update: Uhh.... Now they're refunding orders I already received. Example: "A credit in the amount of $2.97 has been applied to the order you placed on 11/10/2012. You are receiving this credit because the returned item was not processed correctly." But this order had five items, three of which shipped and two of which were canceled and never charged.
I received some of those "crediting your account" emails but have seen nothing credited. My last order was for 20 items(various BD's, dvds and a couple cd sets).

They canceled 8 items that were on backorder. The other 12 items got shipped but I received emails stating that they were being redirected back to their warehouse.

Today I check my credit card balance and BBY added a charge for $312.xx. Presumably for the items that they shipped. So I would keep check on any charges from BBY.
Old 11-18-12, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

If it's the BB in house credit card, keep in mind that's now owned by a very slimey company, Capitol One.

You all are amking me glad i missed out on this!
Old 11-19-12, 08:40 AM

Just noticed all the Help sets I got have yellow sun damaged spines, anyone else have this happen to them?
Old 11-19-12, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Best Buy's given me screwy charges in the past. I stick to using PayPal with them now.
Old 11-19-12, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My copy came in a cardboard box, brand spankin' clean.
Old 11-19-12, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
Today I check my credit card balance and BBY added a charge for $312.xx. Presumably for the items that they shipped. So I would keep check on any charges from BBY.
Did Best Buy change the cost of the items in your order history?
Old 11-19-12, 02:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got 5 items in this sale and the credit card charges are correct, 99 cents each. Just went back and double checked. I had one item that was back-ordered and they canceled it.
Old 11-19-12, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by mnementh
Did Best Buy change the cost of the items in your order history?
Some of them, yes. Others no.

Any item that was initially backordered got changed to full price, of those that actually shipped that is. Anything that was in stock(Beatles Help dvd, Elvis dvd) was not changed and was charged the original .99.
Old 11-20-12, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Some of my back-ordered yet not canceled items shipped today.. bizarro... I wonder if they canceled items that they could no longer obtain.. and are shipping items that were truly back-ordered... which would mean they were honest in canceling the other items...
Old 11-20-12, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Watch your account closely. For many, backordered items that are now shipping are resulting in people being charged the normal, higher, price instead of the $0.99. Go take a look at your bestbuy.com order history and make sure none of those prices have been altered to reflect it as such.

I went in and canceled the rest of the stuff I had on backorder just to preemptively take care of any possible future headaches once I realized they were doing this (which did happen to two of my items before I realized it).

EDIT:

It looks like I was wrong, the two that switched to the higher price, I was indeed charged the higher price. I just went through and matched what I paid with the final listed price on the orders. I called Best Buy, the normal phone number for online orders and everything, and they said they can't do anything about it since their history would only show what it always was on the actual .com site.

Last edited by Brent L; 11-20-12 at 12:51 PM.
Old 11-20-12, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Checked my BB order status .. and my CC online.. both show the $0.99 price each for the items (plus appropriate tax)...
Old 11-20-12, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I called back to the main number again just for the heck of it and I had no problems this time. I just had a moron last time.

They credited back every last dime I was overcharged and it is even reflected on my orders on the site as well. I even got emails for each credit as well.
Old 11-20-12, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Just checked my CC online and,though I received all my items on this one order(Help! DE, Jeff Beck RnR Party,Elvis on Tour,The Who Max. RnB Live), I was credited to the tune of $4.31.

I would need to keep an eye on my CC online in case they try to recharge me with the higher amount.