Reload this Page >

Dollar Tree BLU Rays!

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Dollar Tree BLU Rays!

Old 01-19-18, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts
Re: Dollar Tree BLU Rays!

The two locations I visited must have had 40 copies of "The Best of Me: Tears of Joy" edition. This is an erratic batch of selections from what I've seen.
Old 01-20-18, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Salem,Oregun area report.I was out looking at bicycles,and only went by DT if I seen their store.

5080 Commercial St SE location had the most blu's and DVD in stock.And better movies.
Keizer had like 2 blu-rays and decent amount of DVDs.
Albany(yeah who the fuck lives in this shit hole)Had A decent selection.
Old 01-20-18, 05:51 AM

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

my local stores had dozens of blu-rays. We get them for spare cases ($1/case is really not a bad deal). The fact that they have movies in them is a plus! If we end up enjoying some of these movies, that is even better. But nothing of note for the film quality of these disks,except they did have the remastered original Robocop....

Just another perspective..
Old 01-20-18, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My local store had a batch in the front of the store and a few back in the automotive section. Lots of copies of Parental Guidance and the November Man. I picked up Parental Guidance (almost put it back, but it's just $1), Dom Hemingway and the dvd of Gods and Monsters.
Old 01-20-18, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

3rd location today: Surprisingly more than the others. Picked up Paranoia & Dom Hemingway. Probably 6-7 other titles, some I owned (Foxcatcher, November Man) and a few not worth owning.
Old 01-20-18, 08:49 PM
Cool New Member

They had a few of the "RIO 2" (Blu/3D blu/DVD/DIGITAL) and 2 of the Shout Factory "Way of the Dragon/ Game of Death" double feature (would love to find "Big Boss/Fists of Fury" to go with it
Old 01-20-18, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

If anyone finds extras of Rio 2 & Blue Jasmine, I would gladly pay you for them or trade something left from my business if there's anything of interest to you.
Old 01-21-18, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I saw Cake, Tooth Fairy 2, Baggage Claim, The Harvest, October Baby. Most of the better and more interesting movies as you would expect seem to have been sparingly included at each store (1-3 copies). But movies like Russell Madness can have 10-20 copies. The more copies available, the worse the movie.
Old 01-21-18, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I saw Cake, Tooth Fairy 2, Baggage Claim, The Harvest, October Baby. Most of the better and more interesting movies as you would expect seem to have been sparingly included at each store (1-3 copies). But movies like Russell Madness can have 10-20 copies. The more copies available, the worse the movie.
One of the SoCal stores around me had about 20 copies of 'Baggage Claim' yesterday. From the 6 stores around me that I sampled in north OC, none got Rio 2 3D or the Shout Factory Bruce Lee stuff. There were a few Shout DVDs but no BDs. Russell Madness, November Man, The Best of Me, Standing Up, Don Hemingway, Paranoia, Taken 2/3 - these were in aplenty at each store
Old 01-24-18, 04:08 PM

Haul from 6 SoCal stores this past weekend:

The Warlords
Standing Up
November Man
Paranoia
Mirror Mirror
Best of Me
Dom Hemingway
Baggage Claim
Russell Madness
Old 01-25-18, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Went to what i thought was a little out of the way Dollar Tree today. They did have the display but it was really badly picked over. They had about eight copies of Standing Up in blu and the rest was dvds. In the electronic aisle, there were only two other blu-rays Shark Night (which looked dreadful) and Enough Said (exactly the words I was looking for). I let my wife buy her stuff and left with nothing. I probably should have went earlier in the week.
Old 01-25-18, 06:40 PM

San Antonio DT,
Picked up Blu-rays of:
Taken 3 - Digital version good until 4/21/18
November Man - Digital version expired but still worked
Out of the Furnace - Digital version expired but still worked

Noticed copies of:
Dom Hemingway
Russell Madness
Foxcatcher
Old 01-25-18, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Drove by a DT today; decided they were probably too picked out to bother.

It would be nice if they would be more consistent what day they put these batches out; so I could decide something like, "Feb 20th, must be at $ Tree at 9 AM".
Old 01-26-18, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

There are quite a few Dollars Tree stores in my area. Some only a few miles apart. I stopped by a few since last Friday and it varies when they put out the merch. One location I visited was pretty picked over but I found a copy of Paranoia (which came with HD copy, not the one which is only SD iTunes capable). When I went up to the counter to pay, the cashier commented that the reason it was picked over was their boss bought all the good Blu-ray before putting the discs out.
Old 01-26-18, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by RavenTwo
San Antonio DT,
Picked up Blu-rays of:
Taken 3 - Digital version good until 4/21/18
November Man - Digital version expired but still worked
Out of the Furnace - Digital version expired but still worked

Noticed copies of:
Dom Hemingway
Russell Madness
Foxcatcher
can you post the site on which you redeemed the code for 'Out of the Furnace' ? My insert says relativityuv.com which says it no longer supports UV. I called Fox and they said go to relativityredeem.com and redeem it on Vudu. When I try to do that, the site keeps clocking with no timeout and no response. Thanks

EDIT: Never mind. I redeemed it directly on Vudu despite the Fox rep telling it has to be redeemed only on Relativityredeem.com. Thanks
Old 01-27-18, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
Haul from 6 SoCal stores this past weekend:

The Warlords
Standing Up
November Man
Paranoia
Mirror Mirror
Best of Me
Dom Hemingway
Baggage Claim
Russell Madness
Which stores had these ? I looked in like 5 stores over the week and only found standing up and I am not interested in it
Old 01-27-18, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Shawerma
Which stores had these ? I looked in like 5 stores over the week and only found standing up and I am not interested in it
Don't recall exactly which stores had what but the stores I hit were in Huntington Beach, Westminster, Long Beach, Buena Park, Cypress, Anaheim and Fountain Valley. Some of the titles I listed were the only copies available
Old 01-27-18, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

At $1, any half decent blu is going to get snapped up a reseller within an hour after opening.
Old 01-28-18, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
At $1, any half decent blu is going to get snapped up a reseller within an hour after opening.
It usually takes 24-36 hours in my experience. The DVDs will hang around for a few days, but Blu-rays placed at the front of a Dollar Tree store are mostly gone after that time frame.
Old 01-28-18, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Picked up 2 each of Taken 2/Taken 3/Chasing Mavericks/Russell Madness/Foxcatcher on Blu-Ray. (One for myself/other is for friends/family.)
Got the last 2 of Chasing Mavericks and Foxcatcher - they had 2 each of the Takens and 5 of Russell Madness left.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 01-28-18 at 10:50 AM.
Old 01-29-18, 09:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Went to what i thought was a little out of the way Dollar Tree today. They did have the display but it was really badly picked over. They had about eight copies of Standing Up in blu and the rest was dvds. In the electronic aisle, there were only two other blu-rays Shark Night (which looked dreadful) and Enough Said (exactly the words I was looking for). I let my wife buy her stuff and left with nothing. I probably should have went earlier in the week.
For the heck of it since my wife likes going to this other Dollar Tree better, I decided to go look with her as well. A little better selection. A ton of Foxcatcher, and then a little bit of Standing Up, Robocop (The unrated release of the classic), and even a couple copies of Bounty Killer. I only picked up Foxcatcher as I have that Robocop release and Bounty Killer is okay but I already own it too and trying to sell it. I guess in retrospect, I should probably lower the price now, lol. But I also found a $1 hardback to read which is always nice.
Old 01-29-18, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Stopped by since I saw this thread and picked up:

November Man
Dom Hemingway
Taken 3
Freebirds (kids movie)

I don't really like the physical copy anymore so was focusing on only blu rays that had a digital copy. Also saw Fargo but no digital copy so passed.
Old 01-29-18, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

For what it's worth, I enjoyed Bounty Killer as a fine b-movie.

http://doblu.com/2013/11/02/bounty-k...lu-ray-review/
Old 04-24-18, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

BDs/DVDs are back! A large display was at the front of my store (though no signage to indicate it was the item of the week).

Here are the BD titles I noticed:

The Best of Me
Beyond a Reasonable Doubt
Black or White
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return (animated)
No Good Deed
The Raven
The Seventh Dwarf (animated)

Way more DVDs, though it's as if every box contained the same assortment because each row was the same dozen titles. I did pick up Codebreakers (an ESPN film), Do You Believe in Miracles? and a cartoon series called Super 6.
Old 04-24-18, 04:48 PM

Received 224 Likes on 164 Posts

My local store only had a few titles, but I did pick up Barney's Version and Sex Tape. I don't remember any of the other titles; it was a pretty lackluster selection.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.