DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Dollar Tree BLU Rays! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/605949-dollar-tree-blu-rays.html)

zhorrorfan 11-01-12 06:20 PM

Re: Dollar Tree BLU Rays!

I went to two stores on Tuesday and nothing. But yesterday, visited the same stores and there they were finally!

Picked up:

Ernest Goes to Jail/Scared stupid/Goes to camp.
The Tie that Binds,
Gun in Betty Lous Handbag.

and a couple of dvds. The cashier acted totally surprised they had Blu Rays.

lewisb73 11-01-12 08:18 PM

I've been to a couple other locations that eventually got in a few blus... Though haven't spotted Gross Anatomy or The Gun in Betty Lou's handbag...

JohnnyMovie 11-01-12 09:42 PM

went to DT today and plenty of Bluray there and I pick up with Ernest Goes to Jail & The Tie That Binds.

beebs 11-02-12 03:32 AM

I pick up the handful of guilty pleasures from this list. Hopefully they repeat this with the 2012 titles -- NY Stories, DOA, Mr. Wrong, Born Yesterday, and White Squall -- at some point in the future.

Flicker 11-02-12 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by bigjim25 (Post 11442120)
Yes they do. Pretty nice ones for a $1

Red/green lenses.

Flicker 11-02-12 07:25 AM

I have checked two Dollar Trees and no Baby - Secret Of The Lost Legend.

I'm gong out again today. One of my favorite titles. Wish me luck!

Flicker 11-02-12 07:31 AM

Two women (elderly) were picking up several copies of Blu-Rays in the last store I visited. I asked them if they knew what Blu-Ray was....neither did. I explained they would not play on regular DVD players. Both thanked me. I told the cashier they should point that out to customers. I bet that have many returns because of non-compability.

kenbenobi 11-02-12 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by g (Post 11447069)
Went to 4 stores and found everything, but
Gun in Betty Lou's Handbag
Disorganized crime
Gross anatomy
Marrying Man
I don't think the Ernest movies are too rare. A few stores had a lot of each.

Funny, cuz I couldn't find Ernest (or My Father the Hero) but I think I found every other title that people are reporting. Pretty much 2 of each. I also bought a slew of $1 DVD's that I don't own. One was previewed, but a title I really want (The Great Buck Howard)

hasslein 11-02-12 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Flicker (Post 11451478)
Two women (elderly) were picking up several copies of Blu-Rays in the last store I visited. I asked them if they knew what Blu-Ray was....neither did. I explained they would not play on regular DVD players. Both thanked me. I told the cashier they should point that out to customers. I bet that have many returns because of non-compability.

I don't think Dollar Tree accepts returns, unless they changed policy. I see they accept coupons now!

Cardsfan111 11-02-12 12:11 PM

Stopped by the local store and still nothing (BDs or new DVDs). Though I was correct in noting that all the Halloween merchandise as been cleared out for Christmas stuff now.

PhantomStranger 11-02-12 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker (Post 11451478)

Nothing at Dollar Tree is returnable for any reason.

walletboyniac 11-02-12 01:10 PM

Nothing in Greenfield, MA (as of today) or Hadley, MA (as of Wednesday).

lewisb73 11-02-12 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker (Post 11451471)
Red/green lenses.

I'd buy them for anaglyph 3d movies in my collection, though I think Jackass 3D is the only one I have left with them, just upgraded my bloody valentine

N8 Storm 11-02-12 07:02 PM

After my trip to a third Dollar Tree, I finally found all the blu-rays I was looking for. I bought the 3 Ernest movies, Baby, Money for Nothing, and Consenting Adults.

chard31 11-02-12 07:49 PM

Been to more than half a dozen DTs and found all except "An Innocent Man"...

Not one of the stores had this title...

Very strange...

kenbenobi 11-02-12 11:09 PM

Went to two locations during lunch today, and both said these are in NEXT week's day. They didn't have any. Went to a 3rd location tonight, and she also said they are in next week's ad, but that they had them in the back. She brought out 4 cases for me to look at. I picked out the titles I hadn't seen yet, all of which were only 1 of (My Father the Hero, VI Warshawski, Play It to the Bone were 3 of them). Still haven't seen the Ernest movies, but I don't really care about those anyway. I ended up wth 15 different ones. I passed on a few that I had no interest in.

whotony 11-03-12 08:07 PM

Has anyone watched these yet?

How is the video? I see the audio is 2.0 DD on these

hasslein 11-03-12 08:48 PM

I'm irritated they cropped Money for Nothing... I had never seen it before, but there is a shot of Debi Mazar in lingerie, she's to the right of the screen... It's only a couple of seconds she's partially off screen... I have to buy the Disney dvd now....

whotony 11-03-12 08:54 PM

I bought that when it was first out.

Bothering me more than anything is the terrible South Philly accents they are trying to do.

Just awful and bordering on stereotype bad Italian accent

hasslein 11-03-12 09:28 PM

^Absolutely agree w/you. But I love Debi Mazar.

terrycloth 11-04-12 12:29 AM

im not going out of my way to find these but have stopped at two I seen as i was driving around for work.

First one had alot of titles but none of the Ernest ones.

the second one i didn't see them on the shelf but i saw a opened box laying on the floor with blus. instead of being obnoxious I asked a worker if she minded if i looked thru the box and that ill put them back when done and she said it wasn't a problem. found nothing when i was heading out I thanked the lady and she asked if i found what i was looking for I told her no and she said to hold on that they have a couple boxes of them in the back if i wanted to check them

they had 6-7 big boxes with a few smaller boxes of blus in each after 15 minutes we gave up as EVERY box we opened was nothing but that dolly parton movie....100s of frikkin dolly parton.

while I love me some Ernest im done as the only dollar tree by me is dirty and just well nasty and the employees suck so i have given up

walletboyniac 11-04-12 06:33 AM

Finally found some at the Pittsfield, MA store. There weren't many left:

Another Stakeout
Betsy's Wedding
The Marrying Man
Gross Anatomy
The War At Home

They also had:
Straight Talk
American Splendor (dvd)

starman9000 11-04-12 07:17 AM

Nothing at mine, haven't seen DVD there for a long time either.

MrSmearkase 11-04-12 07:32 AM

Westborough, MA had all the titles mentioned, with the exception of Disorganized Crime and An Innocent Man.

sotra 11-04-12 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 11451867)
Nothing at Dollar Tree is returnable for any reason.

Says who? Been going there for years and just yesterday I went back with something I didn't want that was bought back in August 2009 and exchanged it for something else. As long as it is unused you can exchange it for something else no matter when you bought it. At meast my experience at the dozen or so I frequent.