Prometheus
Chronicle
Shark Night
The Raven

There's also some others for $2 & $3.
Old 10-17-12, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Prometheus $5 coupon

I wonder if BB would combine that with the U&S deal?
Old 10-17-12, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by moklerman
I wonder if BB would combine that with the U&S deal?
They should. It's a manufacturer's coupon, just like the $3 off coupons for Universal Blu-ray discs.

Good find!
Old 10-17-12, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Awesome, perfect timing as I was going there after work today to use my U&S. $14.99 for this on 4-disc w/ 3D is great.
Old 10-17-12, 01:09 PM

Thanks OP

THe coupons are under 'Home Entertainments" - to narrow the search

Does anyone know if - Prometheus 3D vs 2D is just the extra 3D disk or does it have extra material on it. Did not want to pay extra $5 just for 3D disk. WIth coupon and U&S 2D would be just $9.99.

Last edited by soundman2; 10-17-12 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-17-12, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll attempt to get a price adjustment at BB. Awesome price!
Old 10-17-12, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by soundman2
Thanks OP

THe coupons are under 'Home Entertainments" - to narrow the search

Does anyone know if - Prometheus 3D vs 2D is just the extra 3D disk or does it have extra material on it. Did not want to pay extra $5 just for 3D disk. WIth coupon and U&S 2D would be just $9.99.
There's an extra blu-ray disc with more bonus material, including a 3.5 hour making of documentary.
Old 10-17-12, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh, great, NOW this comes out. Oh well.
Old 10-17-12, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by applesandrice
They should. It's a manufacturer's coupon, just like the $3 off coupons for Universal Blu-ray discs.

Good find!
I wish mine did. They wouldnt accept the upgrade and the $3 universal coupon for E.T. They said "it says do not double on the top." Idiots. I tried to explain that is for grocery stores and such who have double coupon policies.
Old 10-17-12, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just back and everything scanned fine for both coupons.
Old 10-17-12, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Worth a blind buy at $15? I don't have 3D, probably never will, but the extra documentary would nice. Of course, if I hate the movie, I don't care how it was made.
Old 10-17-12, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Son of a bitch. Also jwstl 3-D is awesome, I highly recommend it, seriously.
Old 10-17-12, 04:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The picture shows the regular version. So it would probably be YMMV on actually using the coupon on the 3D set.
Old 10-17-12, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just bought the 3-D combo last weekend. Oh well, $20 was a good price, so I'm happy.
I rarely buy Blu-Rays anymore because I'm so busy reviewing, so I don't mind missing a few deals.
Old 10-17-12, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by bobwil54
The picture shows the regular version. So it would probably be YMMV on actually using the coupon on the 3D set.
Hopefully they'll read that it's valid for both the BD or DVD. Since the 3D disc is a BD and it also includes a regular BD, it should be valid. Of course, BBY will probably deny Manzana.

Originally Posted by Randy Miller III
Just bought the 3-D combo last weekend. Oh well, $20 was a good price, so I'm happy.
I rarely buy Blu-Rays anymore because I'm so busy reviewing, so I don't mind missing a few deals.
Bought the 3D version yesterday and went back today with the coupon for a price adjustment. The CS guy didn't even blink; processed everything in about 2 minutes. Got $5+tax credited back to my card.
Old 10-18-12, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by vocalhouse
Hopefully they'll read that it's valid for both the BD or DVD. Since the 3D disc is a BD and it also includes a regular BD, it should be valid. Of course, BBY will probably deny Manzana.

Bought the 3D version yesterday and went back today with the coupon for a price adjustment. The CS guy didn't even blink; processed everything in about 2 minutes. Got $5+tax credited back to my card.
Since you mentioned me, I'll post. Actually I wasn't planning on buying Prometheus 3D until I saw this coupon because of my $16 3D BD rule (why? Because Fry's often had $15.99 3D deals in the past, but none recently and they were usually the same old titles (Hugo, Immortals, Ice Age 3, Smurfs... never ever Captain America or Thor).

I happened to be at Target first who was naturally clueless on "upgrade & save". The cashier insisted that the coupon referred to was the $5 mfg coupon I had. Anyway, I didn't even argue. I just said "OK, I'll get it at BB". Long story short... since I went to a different BB than my nearest one, I had no problem using the $5 mfg coupon with the U&S.

You got lucky to get a refund $5+tax because mfg coupons are supposed to be like cash and come off after tax, so you should've just gotten $5. I have a feeling they had no other way to ring it since their system doesn't have Target's missed coupon option. Now at a nice BB (they do exist) that's what they should give you a refund/credit. However, at the mean BBs they would use the wording on any coupon saying not valid on previous purchases to get out of it.

That said, I hadn't paid any attention to Prometheus releases. The BB version has no bonus exclusives, but the Target one has a booklet. Were there any other exclusives?
Old 10-18-12, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Just thought of 1 more thing... are people only able to print 1 Prometheus coupon per computer (OS)? On DMR and other sites which require coupon software to be installed, you could hit the back button and get a 2nd unique coupon. However, this doesn't work on coupons.com.

Is everyone else experiencing this 1 coupon limitation or is it browser-dependent?
If yes, as I assume, was it always 1 coupon on coupons.com and I forgot, or was this a recent change?
Old 10-18-12, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

You usually have to go back through and re-clip the coupon on that site. Occasionally there may be a 1 coupon limit, but I have yet to see this happen too often. I was able to print 2 copies of the Alien Anthology coupons a couple of days ago.

Just checked and it is still showing available for me(printed one yesterday). But once you have clipped and printed a cpn from there, you will have to go through all the pages of cpns to the last set to clip and print again.
Old 10-18-12, 11:27 AM

Any tips on what to do if I don't have a personal printer?

I'm thinking about going to FedEx Office, but 1) I don't know if they have PCs you can print from (versus emailing them documents) and 2) I'm not sure if I'd be able to install the coupon printer.
Old 10-18-12, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Go to Staples Store - they have printing services

Originally Posted by yeldarb367
Any tips on what to do if I don't have a personal printer?

I'm thinking about going to FedEx Office, but 1) I don't know if they have PCs you can print from (versus emailing them documents) and 2) I'm not sure if I'd be able to install the coupon printer.
Old 10-18-12, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by efordvt
I wish mine did. They wouldnt accept the upgrade and the $3 universal coupon for E.T. They said "it says do not double on the top." Idiots. I tried to explain that is for grocery stores and such who have double coupon policies.
A Best Buy cashier tried to pull this on me too when I purchased the BBY Exclusive. He even asked a manager, who did not want to approve it due to the wording. But when I told him about Best Buy's Policy and mentioned how I've never had a problem using a manufacturers coupon during past U&S programs, he went ahead and approved it. I even went as far as mentioning that in the Best Buy Community Forums, BBY reps have mentioned that you can combine 1 BBY coupon with 1 Manufacture coupon, regardless of the "do not double" phrase.

Next time print out this Link and take it with you. It should help you out.
Old 10-18-12, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by xage
Go to Staples Store - they have printing services
Thanks there's one not too far from my Best Buy.
Old 10-18-12, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,075 Likes on 650 Posts

Just wanted to say thanks for the post. I was waiting on getting Prometheus but decided to pull the trigger once I saw the post with this coupon. I was able to use it and my U&S coupon on it with no issues at all.

Quick question, I bought E.T. today and did not realize there was a $3 coupon on it. Can you print it out or is it only available in specific BDs?
Old 10-18-12, 02:26 PM

No luck at Staples. The computer wouldn't let me install the coupon printer. And they charge you to be on the computer so it cost me $0.66 to sit there :-(
Old 10-18-12, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by yeldarb367
No luck at Staples. The computer wouldn't let me install the coupon printer. And they charge you to be on the computer so it cost me $0.66 to sit there :-(
I think you are out of luck unless you have your own printer or a laptop. You could install the Coupon Printer on a laptop and take that to Staples. I suppose you could try the library but I doubt you'll be able to install the Coupon printer on their's either.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.