Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

$10 Rebate for Buying "Brave" or any Disney/Pixar Combo + any 2 Kellogg's cereals

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$10 Rebate for Buying "Brave" or any Disney/Pixar Combo + any 2 Kellogg's cereals

Old 01-03-13, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $10 Rebate for Buying "Brave" or any Disney/Pixar Combo + any 2 Kellogg's cereals

The fine print on the rebate form says they are not obligated to return anything, or notify you if it is rejected. If there are a lot of rejections coming it's possible you may not hear a thing from them.

From the application form
Requests not in compliance with all the terms of this offer will not be acknowledged or returned.
Old 01-03-13, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: $10 Rebate for Buying "Brave" or any Disney/Pixar Combo + any 2 Kellogg's cereals

^ I would think that if Kellogg's suddenly received a large number of complaints about this, they would act on it... But I suppose we shouldn't jump to conclusions yet, just because one person had theirs rejected... I'll be very interested to hear if anyone else gets rejected.
For those that submitted theirs a while ago, it appears that you MAY be able to look up your status online. I'm not positive this works with rebates, but you can give it a try:
http://www.kelloggs.com/en_US/check_...al_status.html
Old 01-03-13, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^
The link didn't show any matches when I tried entering my personal information. It may not be intended for rebate offers.

I'm about 5 weeks into it so far and have not heard a thing. I still have 1 to 3 weeks for it to fall within the 6 to 8 week waiting period. I'll definitely post if I hear anything or not. However no news is not necessarily good news either.
Old 01-22-13, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I received my $10 rebate check today almost 8 weeks after I sent it in. Looks like they are accepting the print out applications from the web site, so that shouldn't be a problem for anyone else that used it. However one problem I found is they misspelled my last name. Hopefully that won't cause a problem cashing it at my bank.
Old 01-22-13, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES View Post
I received my $10 rebate check today almost 8 weeks after I sent it in
Ditto.
Old 01-22-13, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES View Post
I received my $10 rebate check today almost 8 weeks after I sent it in. Looks like they are accepting the print out applications from the web site, so that shouldn't be a problem for anyone else that used it. However one problem I found is they misspelled my last name. Hopefully that won't cause a problem cashing it at my bank.
I still need to send mine off. I misplaced the receipt only to run across it last night. Still have a few more days to get it in.

Only problem w/ mine is that I purchased the digibook from Target which does not have the traditional UPC that one in a regular dvd/Bd case does. It just has a barcode on the back of the cardboard packaging that is sticky'd to the book w/ nothing indicating what title the barcode came from. Also,Target's receipts show BD2 rather than the name of the movie title.

Gonna take a chance and send it in anyway. Just received my rebate from the $4 E.T./Pillsbury cookie rebate today and I had a Target receipt for that one, though it did have a UPC inside indicating the name of the movie. So hopefully this one goes through.
Old 01-23-13, 09:49 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Got mine yesterday and I ordered Brave from Deep Discounts, so I had to print off a receipt and they accepted it.
Old 01-23-13, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh good, I'm glad more people are not getting rejected. I would have felt terrible if my deal had been a bust. I haven't received mine yet, but I sent it late. I actually just sent of my 2nd one earlier this week (to my parent's address).
Old 01-24-13, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

My procrastination is reaching a time limit. I've got to send this in. I can either do Brave 3D BD or Finding Nemo 3D BD. I guess people are recently having good luck with either of these 2 movies using the printed online coupon? And I guess everyone is still sending it to the address which says "Monsters Inc", right?
Old 01-24-13, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 113 Likes on 92 Posts

Well if you forget to send it in you could always blame the rebate for not allowing you five years to send it in.
Old 02-02-13, 04:45 PM

Success! After getting the rejection letter and re-submitting my stuff, received my $10 rebate today.
Old 02-02-13, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 77 Likes on 58 Posts

Received my rebate today as well. Not bad at all considering Brave was purchased for less than $9. Thanks to the OP for the alert on this.
Old 02-03-13, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^ My pleasure! Glad the rebates are coming successfully...
Old 02-04-13, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
My procrastination is reaching a time limit. I've got to send this in. I can either do Brave 3D BD or Finding Nemo 3D BD. I guess people are recently having good luck with either of these 2 movies using the printed online coupon? And I guess everyone is still sending it to the address which says "Monsters Inc", right?
I hope you took some time away from complaining about Best Buy and sent this rebate in

I just sent mine in two weeks ago - I had to find my Brave receipt. Hey $10 is $10 !
Old 02-04-13, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by soundman2 View Post
I hope you took some time away from complaining about Best Buy and sent this rebate in

I just sent mine in two weeks ago - I had to find my Brave receipt. Hey $10 is $10 !
Yes, I mailed mine 3 days before the postmark deadline. It took me a while to find the receipt, and I decided to use Finding Nemo 3D instead of Brave, but hopefully it'll work out.
Old 02-04-13, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just got mine today and I mailed the rebate in on 12/4/12. Not bad for getting Brave BLU-ray for $8.96 shipped on Amazon and two boxes of Corn Pops for $3 ($2 actually, after the $1 off two boxes coupon) at CVS!
Old 02-04-13, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 102 Likes on 65 Posts

Received my rebate today. Thanks kenbenobi!
Old 02-05-13, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Received my rebate today. Thanks kenbenobi!
Ditto! Thanks kenbenobi! I guess I don't need that original certificate now.
Old 02-05-13, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got mine yesterday also; I mailed the internet form on December 11th. Since my Amazon lightning deal price was $8.96, the rebate was more than the cost of the Brave BD.

So, add my thanks to kenbenobi for posting this deal!
Old 02-06-13, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You are all welcome! It is rare that I come across a deal before anyone else, so I was happy to be able to post a good one. I haven't received my rebates yet, but I mailed them late December. I'm sure they will be coming soon...
Old 02-23-13, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Received my rebate yesterday. Thanks all...
Old 03-06-13, 04:06 PM

I just received my rebate yesterday. The date on the check is 2/12/2013. I had totally forgot about it. Just odd to receive it so far after the issued date.
Old 03-06-13, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I received one that was sent to my parents house 2 days ago. I have yet to receive the one to my address.