Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

$10 Rebate for Buying "Brave" or any Disney/Pixar Combo + any 2 Kellogg's cereals

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$10 Rebate for Buying "Brave" or any Disney/Pixar Combo + any 2 Kellogg's cereals

Old 12-03-12, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $10 Rebate for Buying "Brave" or any Disney/Pixar Combo + any 2 Kellogg's cereals

Originally Posted by Todd B. View Post
Hm, now that I look at it closer, I think it means only Disney/Pixar or Disney•Pixar combo packs, like Finding Nemo, Brave, Wall-E, Cars, etc. Not Disney titles.
That's always how I interpreted it.
Old 12-11-12, 05:36 PM
Cool New Member

Sending in the rebate even though I have Target "book" version

My Target exclusive Book version does NOT have proof of purchase tabs above the UPC so I taped part of the cardboard UPC panel and explained to them why.

I followed all the other steps precisely, I'm curious to see if they accept or be mindless zombies about this.

I could've just sent a pop tab from Toy Story 3 since Target's receipts are vague ( BD2 is the item description ) but since others have brought up this point online I'd figure I'll be the lab rat and give it a shot.

Noah
Old 12-12-12, 07:55 AM

Re: $10 Rebate for Buying "Brave" or any Disney/Pixar Combo + any 2 Kellogg's cereals

Does anybody know the best price for Kellogg is this week - Thanks
I want to get this over with before I forget.
Old 12-12-12, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

At CVS:

kellogg's corn flakes, cocoa or rice krispies cereal 9-12 oz $1.99
-$1 off 2 kellogg's cereals, 8.7oz+
-$1 off 2 kellogg's rice krispies and cocoa krispies cereals, 9 oz+
-$1 off 2 kellogg's corn flakes®, kellogg's® all-bran® and/or rice krispies
Old 12-12-12, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mailed my rebate stuff yesterday. Thanks to kenbenobi for posting the rebate deal; wouldn't have known about it otherwise.
Old 12-31-12, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Last day to buy your cereal, if you havent submitted your rebate yet. You have til 1/31 to mail it, but receipts must be dated by today...
Old 12-31-12, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Gettin my 2 boxes of Frosted Mini-Wheats today.. lol
Old 12-31-12, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by b2net View Post
Gettin my 2 boxes of Frosted Mini-Wheats today.. lol
Did you forget about it til my reminder, or are you just a good procrastinator like me (got mine yesterday)?
Old 12-31-12, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sort of the Good Procrastinator..... I have been wating for the fam to eat the non-Kelloggs cereals before buying the Kelloggs cereals ... there was a buy 4 boxes of Post and get free Gallon of Milk (which we got 8 boxes) ... in addition we have the leftovers of the Chex Cereals that weren't used make the Puppy Chow snacks... about 4 boxes half full at my last check.. so wasn't wanting to add 2 more full boxes to that mix..
Old 12-31-12, 11:31 AM

My rebate materials were rejected and returned, saying I didn't use the "original certificate" (I used the printout from the Kellogg's site). Arggh.
Old 12-31-12, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^ That's bullshit! I hope you can re-submit it! I would send them printouts of the web pages showing where the form came from:
http://stage.halloween.kelloggs.com/
http://stage.halloween.kelloggs.com/brave-offer.html

I also found this:

Still have a question? Contact us.
phone
Call Consumer Affairs

1-800-962-1413

You can submit an email as well:
http://www.kelloggs.com/en_US/home/contact-us.html

Last edited by kenbenobi; 12-31-12 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-31-12, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Jenx56 View Post
My rebate materials were rejected and returned, saying I didn't use the "original certificate" (I used the printout from the Kellogg's site). Arggh.
When did you send it in? I haven't heard anything yet on mine. I mailed it November 24.
Old 12-31-12, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There were 2 certificates... one that mentioned Monster's Inc and one which was the Brave one... which one did you use?
Old 12-31-12, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There were 2 certificates... one that mentioned Monster's Inc and one which was the Brave one... which one did you use?
Never Mind.. I looked closer at this.. the Form mentions Brave at the top, but the address is Monster's Inc 3D Kellogg's Rebate... I wonder if that is the confusion on their part.. and if we all are gonna get the same answer.. ugh..
Old 12-31-12, 03:13 PM

I sent my rebate stuff in a few days after Finding Nemo 3D came out, so about Dec. 7 or so. Got the rejection letter on Dec. 29. I resent the stuff today with a notation of the website.
Old 01-01-13, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Never Mind.. I looked closer at this.. the Form mentions Brave at the top, but the address is Monster's Inc 3D Kellogg's Rebate... I wonder if that is the confusion on their part.. and if we all are gonna get the same answer.. ugh..
I sent off my rebate materials over a month ago and still haven't heard anything, but I'm kind of expecting the same outcome. The form said "Brave", but the address specified "Monsters Inc. 3D".... plus I sent a proof of purchase from "A Bug's Life".

I thought about underlining the "any Disney/Pixar combo pack" text, but I figured the folks processing the rebates would know their own rules.
Old 01-01-13, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Did anyone actually get an "original certificate" to mail in, or has everyone been using the printout from the web site and the rejection letters is a new thing?

Or was the real reason for the rejection that it was Finding Nemo instead of Brave? I guess everyone is using the Monsters Inc address on the envelope?
Old 01-02-13, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, Jenx56 is the only person to receive a rejection thus far. So I wouldn't necessarily be worried... YET! As far as I know, that is the only certificate. If there is one more official, I'd love to know where it is...
Old 01-02-13, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 219 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
Well, Jenx56 is the only person to receive a rejection thus far. So I wouldn't necessarily be worried... YET! As far as I know, that is the only certificate. If there is one more official, I'd love to know where it is...
I was in Kroger a week or so before halloween with my 3 girls, and the lady at the register just hands us 3 Monsters Inc. Trick or Treat bags and says they're free (I noticed when we got home, the tag said they were free with the purchase of 2 Kelloggs cereals, but apparantly this lady was just handing them out to anyone who came up with kids). Anyway, inside of each bag was a glossy certificate for this promotion. It was exactly the same form as from the website though, where it said Brave on the top but Monsters Inc. in the mailing address.
Old 01-02-13, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just sent in Brave to the Monsters Inc address as stated. I will post again in 4-6 weeks when I either get my $10 or a rejection letter...
Old 01-02-13, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
I was in Kroger a week or so before halloween with my 3 girls, and the lady at the register just hands us 3 Monsters Inc. Trick or Treat bags and says they're free (I noticed when we got home, the tag said they were free with the purchase of 2 Kelloggs cereals, but apparantly this lady was just handing them out to anyone who came up with kids). Anyway, inside of each bag was a glossy certificate for this promotion. It was exactly the same form as from the website though, where it said Brave on the top but Monsters Inc. in the mailing address.
Interesting! I have all 3 of those bags! I mailed away for them from a Kelloggs promo. But I haven't used them, since they arrived after Halloween. I will check the insides to see if I have forms. Still, seeing as they have a form available on their website, to me that is official. So there should not be any rejections...

But even so, if I have an extra form from the bags, I will give it away here, so at least somebody doesn't have to gamble on whether or not they will get rejected...
Old 01-02-13, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sure enough, all 3 of the Halloween bags I received have forms inside. I'm using 2 of them (for Brave and Finding Nemo, using my parents address for one since it is ONE Per Household). So I have one extra form up for grabs. I will give it away to the first post after this post claiming they want it, ONLY by someone who has previously posted in this thread. This is to avoid lurkers, and reward those who obviously were interested in this promotion by posting. I will PM the person, requesting their address, and mail the form to them on my dime, er, stamp.

I truly hope everyone doesn't get rejection letters. If the form is readily available on Kellogg's site, it should be considered official. I would feel awful if my deal turns out to be a bust!
Old 01-03-13, 09:47 AM

Not sure if I posted in this thread before, I would love the certificate if/when my rebate form gets rejected!

I sent it as soon as Finding Nemo came out so I guess I should either be getting a rejection or $10 shortly. (And yes, I mailed it to the "Monsters Inc" address too.)
Old 01-03-13, 09:58 AM

Also, for the people who are getting rejection letters, are they mailing back the UPC codes/receipts?? B/c I don't have a copy of my cereal receipt & wasn't the deadline 12/31/12?? (Not to mention the facts that I'd hate to have to cut off more UPC codes, buy more cereal, etc!)
Old 01-03-13, 11:16 AM

In my rejection letter, they returned everything (receipts, cereal proof of purchases) except the printed-out form, to which I had taped the Finding Nemo proof of purchase. I resubmitted a new printed-out form, noting the website (kelloggs). I also attached the other proof of purchase from my Finding Nemo, so as not to give them another excuse to reject it. If they reject this one, I'll give them a call.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.