Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Triple Feature Bluray (Clerks/Chasing Amy/Jay and Silent Bob) $4.99 at BestBuy.com

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Triple Feature Bluray (Clerks/Chasing Amy/Jay and Silent Bob) $4.99 at BestBuy.com

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-12, 02:16 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Triple Feature Bluray (Clerks/Chasing Amy/Jay and Silent Bob) $4.99 at BestBuy.co

Found one in a random place (not under Kevin, Smith, Chasing, Clerks, Jay, etc.). Maybe someone was hiding it? There was no sign.

Thanks.
Old 10-08-12, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Triple Feature Bluray (Clerks/Chasing Amy/Jay and Silent Bob) $4.99 at BestBuy.co

yeah mine was filed neatly before the A's at the beginning of the rack (with the other multi title packs) I had store pickup but the staff couldnt locate it so they said i had the option to cancel, pick up somewhere else, or just have it sent to my home. i went there anyways because im a nerd with nothing to do on a sunday and found it for them.
Old 10-08-12, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. I actually thought about picking this up the other day when I saw it on sale for $13 at Sam's Club but ended up not pulling the trigger. Now to wait and see if the store actually finds the copy I just bought.
Old 10-08-12, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by soundman2
It says available for pick up at my store - but when I check out it say not available pick another store - but when I go back it says it is available at my store - select ??

I printed the page - will visit the store to see if they will honor it
What would you need that for? It's the same price in store. Either they have it or they don't.
Old 10-08-12, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Snagged one. This is probably the cheapest Blu-ray I've ever gotten and just happens to be 3 movies.
Old 10-08-12, 09:15 PM

Does Clerks have everything the Clerks X DVD had?
Old 10-08-12, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by walletboyniac
Found one in a random place (not under Kevin, Smith, Chasing, Clerks, Jay, etc.). Maybe someone was hiding it? There was no sign.

Thanks.
Found a few copies in the Jane Fonda section. Weird.
Old 10-08-12, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by DoctorWhosScarf
Does Clerks have everything the Clerks X DVD had?
From the review:
For the so-called "15th Anniversary Edition" of Clerks, for example, Miramax has thankfully ported over all of the copious bonus features from the Clerks X: 10th Anniversary Edition DVD. So you get your first cut, your commentaries, the "Lost Scene," Smith's first short film, the feature-length Snowball Effect documentary, all of it.
Old 10-08-12, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k

I was aware of this, so I just kept the second disc. They still took my old J&SB DVD with just the first disc. Snooch to the nooch!
I don't have my dvd handy at the moment. Minus the commentary, are all of the bonus features on disc 2 of the dvd?
Old 10-08-12, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Apple Gooncha
I don't have my dvd handy at the moment. Minus the commentary, are all of the bonus features on disc 2 of the dvd?
Yes.
Old 10-08-12, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Found a few copies in the Jane Fonda section. Weird.
That's cuz Kevin Smith seriously needs to start exercising to her videos...
Old 10-08-12, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

why would anyone want to own these titles on substandard bluray ? the format is meant to 'wow' yu visually due to its high res capabilities. Have you checked the reviews for each of these at bluray.com ? its no better than an upconverted DVD - I suppose the price is the appeal here but even then why waste $5 for DVD quality just because it comes in a blu casing ?
Old 10-09-12, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
why would anyone want to own these titles on substandard bluray ? the format is meant to 'wow' yu visually due to its high res capabilities. Have you checked the reviews for each of these at bluray.com ? its no better than an upconverted DVD - I suppose the price is the appeal here but even then why waste $5 for DVD quality just because it comes in a blu casing ?
It's 3 movies on 3 discs for $5. If you like the movies (I do) then it's a good deal either way, whether it's a bluray set or DVD. If you don't like the movies, it's a waste of money not matter what the price.
Old 10-09-12, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman2
It says available for pick up at my store - but when I check out it say not available pick another store - but when I go back it says it is available at my store - select ??

I printed the page - will visit the store to see if they will honor it

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
What would you need that for? It's the same price in store. Either they have it or they don't.
Since everyone was ordering it for store pickup - I had assumed it was online only price. Went to my store they had only one copy + there was a sign that said $4.99 price. so was able to get it - Thanks OP
Old 10-09-12, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How is this "substandard bluray"? Because they didn't colorize it, convert it to 3D, replace Brian O'Halloran and Jeff Anderson with Ben Affleck and Matt Damon, and change it to Greedo shooting first?

Ideally, a Blu-ray should ACCURATELY REPRESENT THE SOURCE MATERIAL. If a film was shot on a shoestring budget and thus has grainy cinematography, what is the BD supposed to look like? Besides, upconversion doesn't add pixels; Blu has six times the resolution. Older movies like Ghostbusters and American Werewolf in London which are grainfests aren't show-off discs for your home theater, but does that make a BD upgrade pointless? Hardly.
Old 10-10-12, 04:54 AM
Cool New Member

Just word of warning...........stores that "don't" have this when you check online may have it. After grabbing my $12.99 E.T. digibook(thanks Target ad), I looked around for this, but couldn't find even a sign for it. Then asked someone to check their inventory and/or when they were getting more. He checked; store had zero nor any idea when more were coming in. But the inTRAnet computer showed another store had one(we have 3 locally).

That same store I had checked online several times trying to find this blu-ray; always showed NO local store having it. He called over and they held it until I drove over. I was pleasantly suprised but just letting people know Best Buy's inTERnet listings may be different than inTRAnet listings. Ask to make sure.
Old 10-10-12, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

^If they have less than three copies in store, it shows out of stock online.
Old 10-10-12, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Reserved one at the York, PA store. Will see if the confirmation comes through for pick up.
Old 10-11-12, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts

Just wanted to throw a quick thank you out to the OP on this. I was able to get a copy at a local BB thru store pick-up. Awesome price. I really just wanted Clerks but to get the other two movies is a bonus. Wonder why they didn't include Mallrats on this collection?
Old 10-11-12, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Just wanted to throw a quick thank you out to the OP on this. I was able to get a copy at a local BB thru store pick-up. Awesome price. I really just wanted Clerks but to get the other two movies is a bonus. Wonder why they didn't include Mallrats on this collection?
Owned by Universal.
Old 10-11-12, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mine was cancelled and found unavailable
Old 10-13-12, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts

I found one today at Wilmington De. It was shelfed in the J section of comedy.
Old 10-13-12, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by whotony
I found one today at Wilmington De. It was shelfed in the J section of comedy.
Nice job. Those locations showed out of stock for me. Must have been under three as noted before.
Old 10-13-12, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Snagged the last copy at a store that was showing it as unavailable. It was under C in the A-Z section.
Old 10-14-12, 09:25 AM

Agree. Many thanks to the OP. The price does make this collection appealing.

I do appreciate and enjoy Kevin Smith movies. I have looked at this collection before ( when it was $9.99 and $14.99 at BestBuy and I had a $5 U&S coupon ) but the review at http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Kevin-...Blu-ray/39455/ convinced me to not bother. The first two had VQ and AQ and concerns, but "Clerks" made up for it with the numerous Special Features.

With the reduced price, I might consider this, assuming that I can find it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.