Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Triple Feature Bluray (Clerks/Chasing Amy/Jay and Silent Bob) $4.99 at BestBuy.com

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Triple Feature Bluray (Clerks/Chasing Amy/Jay and Silent Bob) $4.99 at BestBuy.com

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-12, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Triple Feature Bluray (Clerks/Chasing Amy/Jay and Silent Bob) $4.99 at BestBuy.co

I also had no stores near me with inventory. I had to travel two hours away for a job, so I even ordered one for store pickup at a town nowhere near me, but sort of on the way to,the job I had to drive to. Then Best Buy sends me an email saying it was NOT actually in stock at that store. So, when I go to my nearby store this weekend to pick up a flash drive I had ordered already for store pickup, I found one copy of this labeled $19.99, but ringing p at $4.99. Cool story, no?
Old 10-15-12, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Triple Feature Bluray (Clerks/Chasing Amy/Jay and Silent Bob) $4.99 at BestBuy.co

Originally Posted by Lecithin
I also had no stores near me with inventory. I had to travel two hours away for a job, so I even ordered one for store pickup at a town nowhere near me, but sort of on the way to,the job I had to drive to. Then Best Buy sends me an email saying it was NOT actually in stock at that store. So, when I go to my nearby store this weekend to pick up a flash drive I had ordered already for store pickup, I found one copy of this labeled $19.99, but ringing p at $4.99. Cool story, no?
Yes, that is awesome. Their inventory system is the pits. Several times I have been in a store and looked up inventory and it showed multiple copies but they were nowhere to be found. They really need a better filing system or way to check actual inventory.
Old 10-24-12, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Available to ship again as of this post for those who haven't got it yet...
Old 10-24-12, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by GuessWho
Here's how I see it:
My J&SB on DVD = $5 trade in coupon. This makes the deal an even trade... spent $5, get $5.
My Clerks on blu = anything I get for it at second-hand store is profit
My Chasing Amy on blu = anything I get for it at second-hand store is profit
You could also try to turn in the extra blu-rays at the next U&S deal. Half the time, they don't even open the case - also, I doubt BB employees could tell the difference between DVD and Blu-ray anyway.
Old 10-24-12, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by bigjim25
Available to ship again as of this post for those who haven't got it yet...
Thanks so much for the heads up! I got hosed last time.
Old 10-24-12, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Lol, I may get boned again. It's on backorder
Old 10-25-12, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by boc4ever
Lol, I may get boned again. It's on backorder
Just ordered, on backorder for me as well. Did it get cancelled for you last time?
Old 10-25-12, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by vietduckboi
Just ordered, on backorder for me as well. Did it get cancelled for you last time?
Yes, but I was supposed to pick it up in store. So, I'm hoping this 2nd order du to ship won't fall through.
Old 10-27-12, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks for the heads up on this deal. I was at the Rifftrax event on Thursday, which was held at a movie theater in a part of town that I don't normally go to, and the Best Buy there had two in stock. I snagged one. (It's the Virginia Center Commons one, for any Richmond folks interested. The Blu-Ray was filed under "K".)
Old 10-27-12, 06:51 PM

my credit card got charged...does that mean this will ship?
Old 11-02-12, 06:59 PM

I got this in the mail today. Unfortunately, Best Buy now seems to be shipping in plastic bags with no padding, so the case was damaged. At least, the discs were ok.
Old 11-07-12, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My backorder just got canceled.
Old 11-07-12, 06:54 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Got mine a few days ago.
Old 11-07-12, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by mnementh
Mine just got shipped, actually.
Old 11-08-12, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by mnementh
If something ordered on their website is backordered for a certain amount of time (30 days, I think), they send you a warning e-mail a few days in advance, to confirm if you still want the order. If you don't respond to the e-mail, your backorder is cancelled, so it sounds like you probably missed the e-mail.
Old 11-08-12, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Todd B.
If something ordered on their website is backordered for a certain amount of time (30 days, I think), they send you a warning e-mail a few days in advance, to confirm if you still want the order. If you don't respond to the e-mail, your backorder is cancelled, so it sounds like you probably missed the e-mail.
Mine did too and I don't remember getting the warning email. I have seen them before. I guess this will be back on the site at a higher price in a few days.
Old 11-08-12, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Todd B.
Nope, I didn't get a warning email.
Old 11-08-12, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Best Buy has no shame at all. The product is readily available to ship at $19.99 now.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Chasing-...015&id=2409645
Old 11-08-12, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I called to complain and they placed an order online for instore pickup again at the $4.99 price. This time at a different location. I'm still not hopeful about this.
Old 11-08-12, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ok well, I got lucky. Since I had been cancelled twice, the guy on the phone asked me if I wanted 2 at that price. So I took the chance figuring someone else got screwed. I just got a confirm email that the order is ready. However, the location is 45 mins away so I will go this weekend. If someone else wants the other, please pm me and we'll talk. Good luck to all